Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (Full)

Moderator: Games Moderators

Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (Full)

Postby LAYF » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:44 am

So, as some of you know, I’ve already started playing a bit again, I’m using Roll20.
But now I think its time for one of my easy forum game.

THE DUNGEON OF HORROR

So, simple maze navigating game.
Find the treasure, kill the monsters, move to the next level!!

Rules:
Spoiler: show
Everyone gets a goblin to control,
A goblin (or any monster for the matter) has the following stats:
HP – Indicates life, reach 0 and you die O.o

ATT – Damage in close combat
R-ATT – Damage in ranged combat, range 3 unless otherwise indicated.
MAGIC – Points are accumulated over rounds to cast spells.
DEF – Is subtracted from damage taken by ATT.
REF – Is subtracted from damage taken by R-ATT.
WILL – Each point indicates an extra action needed to cast a spell on you.

COMBAT – Each point indicates 10% chance of doing double damage with ATT
ARCHERY – Each point indicates 10% chance of doing double damage with R-ATT
ARCANE – Each point indicates 10% chance of accumulate double number of MAGIC points.
PROTECTION – Each point indicates 10% chance to take half damage from ATT (after DEF)
DODGE – Each point indicates 10% chance to take half damage from R-ATT (after REF)
AURA – Each point indicates 10% chance to foil enemy spellcasting.

Each round a Goblin may make one move action (up to 4 fields unless otherwise specified) and afterwards one attack action, interact with an item or make another move action (Up to 4 fields. Never more)


Character choice:
Spoiler: show
To create a character, first, choose a color (in hex code please  )
This will be the color of your pants.
Second choose a name.

Your goblin currently has the following stats:
Normal Goblin wrote:HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA 0


Then choose one of the following 7 options:
Image

1: Lucky goblin. Gains one point in two of the skills.
2: start with a dagger, +1 ATT, and one point in any one skill or 1 HP extra.
3: start with a spear, +1 R-ATT, and one point in any one skill or 1 HP extra.
4: start with a wand, +1 MAGIC, and one point in any one skill or 1 HP extra.
5: start with a light armor, +1 DEF, and one point in any one skill or 1 HP extra.
6: start with a shield, +1 REF, and one point in any one skill or 1 HP extra.
7: start with a mage crown, +1 WILL, and one point in any one skill or 1 HP extra.

The characters knows no spells or special abilities when the game starts.


Learning stuff, classes and regaining HP
Spoiler: show
For each kill a goblin participates in he gains at least 1 XP.
For each "magic circle" activated each all goblins gain 3 XP.
For each dungeon level the party goes down, they gain 5XP.

HP can only be gained trough classes by going down trough the dungeon.
Ability points can be raised by one point for a price of 5 x new point XP (so from 0->1 costs 5 XP, 1->2 costs 10 XP, 2->3 costs 15 XP and so on.) an ability can never be higher than the dungeon level. or 5. (not including weapons,other item or magic bonus)
Skills can be rises for the same price as abilities, but no more points in total than 2 x dungeon level. no skill can be higher than 5 or the current dungeon level.
Spells can be learned from scrolls at magic circles, but no more than two spell per dungeon level can be learned. to learn spells one must gain the [SPELLCASTER] characrter class.
Powers can be learned from instruction books, but no more than one power per dungeon level. to learn a power one must gain any characrter class.

/NOTE:
HP: Hp can be regained trough potions, scrolls and the Tellers healing special.
Spells: Everyone can cast spells from scrolls, but only the [spellcaster] may learn them, learning a spell has a 50% chance of destroying the scroll.
Powers: All classes can learn powers, learning a power has a 50% chance of destroying the instruction books.

Classes.
After the first Kill, a player may declare a class. each class may choose a bonus when completing a dungeon level instead of the standard 5 XP.
In addition classes may learn Powers.
Players may choose between:
Archer wrote:Dungeon level 1: + 1 R-ATT.
Dungeon level 2: + 1 HP & 1 REF.
Dungeon level 3: + 1 R-ATT
Dungeon level 4: + 1 REF.
Dungeon level 5: + 1 HP & 1 R-ATT.
Dungeon level 6: + 1 REF
Dungeon level 7: + 1 R-ATT.
Dungeon level 8: + 1 HP & 1 REF.
Dungeon level 9: + 1 R-ATT
Dungeon level 10: + 1 REF.

Warrior wrote:Dungeon level 1: + 1 ATT.
Dungeon level 2: + 1 HP & 1 DEF.
Dungeon level 3: + 1 ATT
Dungeon level 4: + 1 DEF.
Dungeon level 5: + 1 HP & 1 ATT.
Dungeon level 6: + 1 DEF
Dungeon level 7: + 1 ATT.
Dungeon level 8: + 1 HP & 1 DEF.
Dungeon level 9: + 1 ATT
Dungeon level 10: + 1 DEF.

Teller wrote:Dungeon level 1: + 1 DMG VS UNDEAD (ATT, R-ATT, MAGIC and Powers)
Dungeon level 2: Heal 1 HP/Round - takes all actions.
Dungeon level 3: Detect magic and undead (range 5 trough walls) + 1 HP
Dungeon level 4: + 2 DMG VS UNDEAD (ATT, R-ATT, MAGIC and Powers)
Dungeon level 5: Detect magic and undead (range 7 trough walls)
Dungeon level 6: Heal 2 HP/Round - takes all actions. + 1 HP
Dungeon level 7: + 3 DMG VS UNDEAD (ATT, R-ATT, MAGIC and Powers)
Dungeon level 8: Detect magic and undead (range 10 trough walls)
Dungeon level 9: + 1 HP
Dungeon level 10: + 4 DMG VS UNDEAD (ATT, R-ATT, MAGIC and Powers)

Spellcaster wrote:Dungeon level 1: + 1 MAGIC. can learn level 1 spells.
Dungeon level 2: + 1 WILL
Dungeon level 3: + 1 HP
Dungeon level 4: + 1 MAGIC. can learn level 2 spells.
Dungeon level 5: + 1 WILL
Dungeon level 6: + 1 HP
Dungeon level 7: + 1 MAGIC. can learn level 3 spells.
Dungeon level 8: + 1 WILL
Dungeon level 9: + 1 HP
Dungeon level 10:+ 1 MAGIC. can learn level 4 spells.


Q/A:
Spoiler: show
GathersIngredients wrote:First of all, thank you, I edited my post (I picked combat).

okay, question time!

Will there be AoE healing/spells?

Not at the first levels no. But if you get deep enough there will be Teller restricted healing powers with AoE.

GathersIngredients wrote:Can more than 1 goblin/monster occupy a square in the dungeon or not? (e.g. you state "you start on A1", does that mean ALL of the players?)

Yes, up to 4 small (goblin) can occupie a square. 2 medium (human size) or one large (troll or horse)
GathersIngredients wrote:What is that grey line between D1 and E1? A wall or a door? (it got a little brownish dot there, that might indicate a door-knob)
oh, yeah, I'll explain items as seen during the game, but yes. That one is a door.
GathersIngredients wrote:How far can a goblin see (if LoS is not obstructed)?
unless somehow obstructed by a wall or lowered by spells/magic items their LoS is limitless, as the maze will never be so big as it to matter (I think)
GathersIngredients wrote:Can non-spell-casters activate magic circles, too?

Yes, anyone can activate a magic circle, each circle can be used once.
GathersIngredients wrote:Can goblins do range attack, even if they didn't pick the spear?
only if they have some other thing to throw/shoot with, but anything goes (nearly) so stones, bones and other hard objects can be used as projectiles. They just don't add any damage bonus like the spear (and other later ranged weapons) oh. And spear/any real ranged weapons has the same effect as Chief's (it return to your hand), but stones/bones and such does not.
GathersIngredients wrote:What are the requirements of going down to the next level?
(e.g. some dungeon stairs/doors/gates won't open until all monsters are slain, some until you activated a lever or such, some until you found a specific item (and bring it with you), some don't stop you at all - but the mobs on the next level are likely to beat the crap out of you, if you didn't upgrade your own char enough)
all magic circles must have been discovered. Or all goblins must agree to go down stairs (and have found a pair of stairs of course)
When entering a level you'll know how many circles are on that level.
Each level has at least 2 sets of stairs down, the direction taken will have effect on the "style/feel" of the dungeons you can get to later. You cannot go back up.

GathersIngredients wrote:Does the group have to go down together, or can we split up over more than 1 dungeon level?

You must go down together, as mentioned above either as a dessision or when all magic circles are discovered (after that there will be a countdown/flooding/attack forcing the goblins to hurry and find stairs to go down.



Oh…

And lastly… you’ll start at A-1
Feel free to submit possible characters in this recruitment thread. I'll take 3-4 players. if more sign up, ill roll random... standard stuff.

Image
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (4 spots left)

Postby GathersIngredients » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:38 pm

happy to try my luck.



Color: white (for posts I'll use highlight=#ffffff, if you don't mind)
Name: Tin Can
choice: 5: start with a light armor, +1 DEF, and one point in any one skill or 1 HP extra.
-> do WE get to pick the "one skill", or is it random?
EDIT: skill = Combat

Spoiler: show
Tin Can
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 1
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 1
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Abroad until Wednesday, 28th of February. Limited Internet, if any.



Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!

Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page

Char Graveyard
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4658
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (4 spots left)

Postby LAYF » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:46 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:happy to try my luck.



Color: white (for posts I'll use highlight=#ffffff, if you don't mind)
Name: Tin Can
choice: 5: start with a light armor, +1 DEF, and one point in any one skill or 1 HP extra.
-> do WE get to pick the "one skill", or is it random?

Spoiler: show
Tin Can
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 1
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0


Awesome.
And white is fine :) I'll use fffffe for your goblin pants, to avoid transparency.

About the skill, you choose, any one of Combat. Archery, Arcane, Protection, Dodge or Aura
(I see I missed Aura in my copy, will add that :))
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (4 spots left)

Postby GathersIngredients » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:18 am

First of all, thank you, I edited my post (I picked combat).

okay, question time!

Will there be AoE healing/spells?

Can more than 1 goblin/monster occupy a square in the dungeon or not? (e.g. you state "you start on A1", does that mean ALL of the players?)

What is that grey line between D1 and E1? A wall or a door? (it got a little brownish dot there, that might indicate a door-knob)

How far can a goblin see (if LoS is not obstructed)?

Can non-spell-casters activate magic circles, too?

Can goblins do range attack, even if they didn't pick the spear?

What are the requirements of going down to the next level?
(e.g. some dungeon stairs/doors/gates won't open until all monsters are slain, some until you activated a lever or such, some until you found a specific item (and bring it with you), some don't stop you at all - but the mobs on the next level are likely to beat the crap out of you, if you didn't upgrade your own char enough)
Does the group have to go down together, or can we split up over more than 1 dungeon level?
Abroad until Wednesday, 28th of February. Limited Internet, if any.



Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!

Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page

Char Graveyard
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4658
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (4 spots left)

Postby LAYF » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:41 am

GathersIngredients wrote:First of all, thank you, I edited my post (I picked combat).

No problem :)

GathersIngredients wrote:okay, question time!

Will there be AoE healing/spells?

Not at the first levels no. But if you get deep enough there will be Teller restricted healing powers with AoE.

GathersIngredients wrote:Can more than 1 goblin/monster occupy a square in the dungeon or not? (e.g. you state "you start on A1", does that mean ALL of the players?)

Yes, up to 4 small (goblin) can occupie a square. 2 medium (human size) or one large (troll or horse)
GathersIngredients wrote:What is that grey line between D1 and E1? A wall or a door? (it got a little brownish dot there, that might indicate a door-knob)
oh, yeah, I'll explain items as seen during the game, but yes. That one is a door.
GathersIngredients wrote:How far can a goblin see (if LoS is not obstructed)?
unless somehow obstructed by a wall or lowered by spells/magic items their LoS is limitless, as the maze will never be so big as it to matter (I think)
GathersIngredients wrote:Can non-spell-casters activate magic circles, too?

Yes, anyone can activate a magic circle, each circle can be used once.
GathersIngredients wrote:Can goblins do range attack, even if they didn't pick the spear?
only if they have some other thing to throw/shoot with, but anything goes (nearly) so stones, bones and other hard objects can be used as projectiles. They just don't add any damage bonus like the spear (and other later ranged weapons) oh. And spear/any real ranged weapons has the same effect as Chief's (it return to your hand), but stones/bones and such does not.
GathersIngredients wrote:What are the requirements of going down to the next level?
(e.g. some dungeon stairs/doors/gates won't open until all monsters are slain, some until you activated a lever or such, some until you found a specific item (and bring it with you), some don't stop you at all - but the mobs on the next level are likely to beat the crap out of you, if you didn't upgrade your own char enough)
all magic circles must have been discovered. Or all goblins must agree to go down stairs (and have found a pair of stairs of course)
When entering a level you'll know how many circles are on that level.
Each level has at least 2 sets of stairs down, the direction taken will have effect on the "style/feel" of the dungeons you can get to later. You cannot go back up.

GathersIngredients wrote:Does the group have to go down together, or can we split up over more than 1 dungeon level?

You must go down together, as mentioned above either as a dessision or when all magic circles are discovered (after that there will be a countdown/flooding/attack forcing the goblins to hurry and find stairs to go down.



Hope that answers without revealing to much :)

Gathers character wrote:Image
Color WHITE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 1+1 = 2
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 1
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Light armor] + 1 DEF (10 durability)
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby Quarg » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Well, I want to support your games...but I don't want to deprive others when I have better things to be doing....

Therefore I will tentatively submit a character but if more people show up I will gracefully withdraw to let them have the fun... :lol:
And the Horror... :lol:

Color: Blue 0000FF
Name:Wanderer Canon...

Choice: 3
Attribute: Arcane

After all someone has to be a stock horror character to die so that we can get all that nice gore you horror fans love so much...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr
User avatar
Quarg
.
 
Posts: 4901
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby LAYF » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 am

All okay :)

Here is the "character sheet"
Quargs character wrote:Image
Color BLUE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 1 + 1 = 2
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 1
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Spear] + 1 R-ATT (Returns to owner)
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby LAYF » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:49 am

I'll start the game Tuesday, leaving the spots open if someone feels like joining later on...
If that's is okay with the two of you? (you should be fine on level 1 of the dungeon :)
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby Tea » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:26 am

And another poor goblin with a death-wish...sounds like fun!

Name: Eats, Shoots, and Leaves
Pants Color: #fcefc7
Sprite Choice: #6, shield goblin
Skill Choice: Aura
User avatar
Tea
Is Heard Often
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:08 pm

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby LAYF » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:45 am

Cool :)

Here is the "character sheet"
Teas character wrote:Image
Color LIGHT BEIGE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 0
DEF: 0
REF: 1 + 1 = 2
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 0
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 1
Items:
[Shield] + 1 REF (10 durability)
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby LAYF » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:52 am

A Sample play of a few rounds are up...
So is the characters..
The real game will begin tomorrow :)

Still 1 spot open :)
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby Quarg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:20 pm

So the classes are: Warrior, Spell caster, Archer, Teller. right?
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr
User avatar
Quarg
.
 
Posts: 4901
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby LAYF » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Yes.
But they are not choosen before the first fight you have been part of and won.
Sort of like the GAP deciding to become adventures :)

(the teller is kind of the healer/cleric...)
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:02 am

One spot left, how can I resist a game made by the fabulous LAYF.

I'll take #4, and add the extra point into magic as well.

Name:WhizBang
Color: Purple
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7920
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby LAYF » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:22 am

Seems fair...
One thing... The extra point must be added to a skill.
So for magic that would be ARCANE (for extra magic power) or AURA (for extra magic protection)
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:39 am

oo...I'll pick Aura
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7920
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby LAYF » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:55 am

Here is the "character sheet"
Badges character wrote:Image
Color PURPLE
HP: 4
--Ability--
ATT: 1
R-ATT: 0
MAGIC: 1
DEF: 0
REF: 0
WILL: 0
--Skills--
COMBAT: 0
ARCHERY: 0
ARCANE: 1
PROTECTION: 0
DODGE: 0
AURA: 0
Items:
[Wand] (Unidentified)


First round will be up shortly
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Dungeon of Horror. Take II. (taking 4 players)

Postby LAYF » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:20 am

Round 0 is up!
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!


Return to Recruitment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest