Fumbles Healing?

Discuss the comic here!
RUMBLETiGER
Mumbles Incoherently

Fumbles Healing?

Post by RUMBLETiGER » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:37 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, but does Fumbles have fast healing? His shoulder wound has been fading the last few pages, and is totally gone in the 11/24/16 one. You can see his shoulder healed in the 9th panel, which is not their imagination play world.

Since I don't have any reason to think Fumbles has fast healing, perhaps it's a result of the environment? Any reason why the world becoming more like Hell would involve healing from wounds?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Fumbles Healing?

Post by Krulle » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:33 am

That may be a continuity error on Thunt's side, but then it may be a feat he got by being 2/11th of a level in something.

(Why did you not ask in the comic's thread?)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

RUMBLETiGER
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RUMBLETiGER » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:33 am

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Still learning the forums.
Each comic since the realm started converting into hell, Fumbles' shoulder wound has gotten smaller, and the blood staining has gotten less. It appears to be a deliberate lessening, and not a drawing error or style simplicity.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:21 am

You might be onto something there. Or I suppose it could be only a relatively superficial wound, and what we're seeing is a representation of the bleeding starting to stop via clotting rather than the wound actually healing. Hard to say really.

RUMBLETiGER
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RUMBLETiGER » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:40 am

When the sword first cut into his shoulder in 04/09/16, it looks deep. The next 3 times we see it in that fight, in 05/02/16, 05/20/16 and 05/28/16, he's bleeding pretty badly down his torso and his arm, and the arm appears to hang limply. I can see how with all the water, he could have washed some of the blood off, but he's pretty consistently wounded right up until Complains touches the orb and the realm starts to change in 07/28/16.
Right after hell, in 08/13/16, the blood flow is less. the wound appears thinner.
At the end of the flea demon fight at 10/13/16, it's looking more like a scar. also in 11/02/16.
By this most recent comic, the wound is gone. Very little in-story time has passed.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:14 am

Yeah, like I said, you could be onto something. But we won't know until we know :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:57 pm

Or it reflects the background "Lay on hands" done by Big Ears, while nothing happens, but the rounds progress....
Just like Forgath uses the opportunity to heal wounds between breaks... (http://www.goblinscomic.org/01132012/)

I agree though, you may be onto something.

(and this place ain't that wrong, as it concerns multiple pages, but in the current comic thread this post would've been more visible. - I was just curious....)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

RUMBLETiGER
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RUMBLETiGER » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:36 pm

Krulle wrote:
(and this place ain't that wrong, as it concerns multiple pages, but in the current comic thread this post would've been more visible. - I was just curious....)
First time I started a thread here, I'll learn. I figured page 2+ of an existing thread would be less visible, and like you said, it spanned a few pages of comics.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:12 pm

I asked Thunt about it in the livestream. He basically said "Whoever spotted that, good noticing." It is not an error. There is a reason. That reason has not been given to us yet. That's as much as he'd say. (Which is as much as he ever says about these things.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

MinesData
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by MinesData » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:01 pm

Didn't spot this thread before.

Might this "fast healing" mode activated by all hell breaking loose heal / stabilise the GAP?

If there is a fast healing effect, the first HP recovered should stabilise everyone? (Assuming it counts as magical healing)

I expect exposition when we switch back.

RUMBLETiGER
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RUMBLETiGER » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:22 am

Revisiting this thread and the ideas within after the blast knocked out Big Ears and Thaco and they stay with the same HP loss. Whatever healed Fumbles, seems unique to Fumbles. Complains has his own, separate fast healing. It's not environmental.