06 March 2016: He's talking to himself.

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

06 March 2016: He's talking to himself.

Post by Krulle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:34 am

permalink: http://www.goblinscomic.org/03062016-2/

Door is oh so lonely. Poor Door.

edit: corrected permalink to new one after shading.
And edited date in thread title
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Re: 05 March 2016: He's talking to himself.

Post by Insane Kitty » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:06 am

How will Kore get past the rope room anyways? Think he is strong enough to break them?
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:20 am

He'll pull some kind of "I'm a god. You can't touch me." sort of thing. "Maxo" will get his showdown I'm sure, but I don't think it will end well for him...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:58 am

Is Kore going to try and kill Door? I mean, it must be evil, right? Everyone and everything seems to fit Kore's definition of evil. Poor Door. :(

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Kore might be too heavy for the ropes to lift him up.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:38 pm

On the second panel in the bottom row, shouldn't that be the hourglass symbol?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

shikashaker
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Shikashaker

Post by shikashaker » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:27 pm

SamWiser wrote:On the second panel in the bottom row, shouldn't that be the hourglass symbol?
You're right! the door changed! I wonder what meaning there is behind this... :paranoia:
Every time Fumbles speak it warms my heart, knowing what he went through and how he began to speak again... the strength of friendship... :')
When the serpent becomes your prey,
friends will become enemies and love will fuel hate.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:26 pm

shikashaker wrote:Every time Fumbles speak it warms my heart, knowing what he went through and how he began to speak again... the strength of friendship... :')
Does this mean he's getting a pony as a familiar someday? ;) I'll see myself out
Krulle wrote:Kore might be too heavy for the ropes to lift him up.
I don't like the sound of that... but it does seem like a possible workaround to defend himself against the ropes. The other "guardians" there (if there are any left after Thaco was done with 'em) won't have a chance to penetrate his metal shell.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

illocust
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by illocust » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:58 am

shikashaker wrote:
SamWiser wrote:On the second panel in the bottom row, shouldn't that be the hourglass symbol?
You're right! the door changed! I wonder what meaning there is behind this... :paranoia:
Every time Fumbles speak it warms my heart, knowing what he went through and how he began to speak again... the strength of friendship... :')
Door didn't change. Door with the hourglass was the internal door ( http://www.goblinscomic.org/02252016-2/). We are seeing the external door ( http://www.goblinscomic.org/02172016-2/).

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:41 pm

RocketScientist wrote:Is Kore going to try and kill Door? I mean, it must be evil, right? Everyone and everything seems to fit Kore's definition of evil. Poor Door. :(
It obeys the last person to speak in the previous room, regardless to their alignment. Therefore, in the future Door could help an Evil person...you see where this is going.

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
shikashaker wrote:Every time Fumbles speak it warms my heart, knowing what he went through and how he began to speak again... the strength of friendship... :')
Does this mean he's getting a pony as a familiar someday? ;) I'll see myself out
Krulle wrote:Kore might be too heavy for the ropes to lift him up.
I don't like the sound of that... but it does seem like a possible workaround to defend himself against the ropes. The other "guardians" there (if there are any left after Thaco was done with 'em) won't have a chance to penetrate his metal shell.
You know, I seem to remember the guardians having a fairly "modular" appearance, almost as if designed to be easily reassembled every time the crawl resets.

Icalasari
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Icalasari » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:47 pm

Glemp wrote:
RocketScientist wrote:Is Kore going to try and kill Door? I mean, it must be evil, right? Everyone and everything seems to fit Kore's definition of evil. Poor Door. :(
It obeys the last person to speak in the previous room, regardless to their alignment. Therefore, in the future Door could help an Evil person...you see where this is going.
However, I'm sure Kore would recognize that Door is kind of integral for getting through the dungeon. I'm sure he'd recognize it as, "Will have to research how to destroy without getting trapped in the dungeon itself"

...Then come back and kill Door

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: 06 March 2016: He's talking to himself.

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:52 am

Bring the Jade Teapot.... ;)

But as long as Door's helping him, he can just request the door the adventurers before him wanted, and Door will give him the correct one.

mertol
Whispers Softly

Post by mertol » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:32 am

Even if kore kills him, door is resetable too right?

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:27 am

Golems are not alive. They are magical tools that obey the will of their creator. Their alignment is that of their creator. I would think that in this case Door has Kore's alignment. I'd think it was sort of like a non-magical sword--the wielder could be of any alignment but the sword's "evilness" is not part of the sword.

Could be wrong--possibly he still has the will of whoever built the dungeon.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:09 pm

I don't think Kore will kill the guardian if he has Kore's IME. Maybe there is some twisted curse which allows Kore to be an evil paladin, which could change my theory. Cause good guys normally kill each others, while evil have no problem with killing other evil ones.

Not sure why, but I am not sure if Kore could continue without the door golem handing him a door. Maybe it removes and door it placed in the tower after it was used. Maybe they even reset and sink into the ground again if the golem removes the inner door. Maybe it stays there so he find and be able to use the same the goblins have, cause it is not hidden in the ground.

Too many maybe and ifs there for me...
:zzz:

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:57 am

Nerre wrote:I don't think Kore will kill the guardian if he has Kore's IME. Maybe there is some twisted curse which allows Kore to be an evil paladin, which could change my theory.
Well, we already know that he has killed an innocent child, that he knew was not evil, without losing his powers, and a couple of characters within the comic have commented on the fact that normal paladins should have lost their powers by this point. There's definitely something different about him, and it probably involves his curse.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:24 pm

Also, Young and Beautiful came right out and said to him "you are the cursed paladin from my vision." He disagreed, but clearly his reasoning powers aren't anything to write home about.

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:32 am

I think they need to attack Kore with a pointy stick.
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963

Talos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Talos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:07 pm

They need to get some better equipment, fast. Apart from MinMax and Big Ears, they are lightly armed, unarmored, barefoot, and they don't even have shirts on (if Ears never activates his armor again, that is!). They look almost ready to go to the beach, not fight their way through a dungeon.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Ears is going to die, that is why he is not wearing any armour.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:13 pm

I'll call it here. God of battle Kin shows up at the last moment and splatterizes Kore

Talos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Talos » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:42 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Ears is going to die, that is why he is not wearing any armour.
Is there any other evidence for this theory?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:10 am

The knowledge that Big Ears was intentionally destined to die at the battle of Brassmoon City.
Thunt did let Big Ears survive, as he already became a favourite character of the readers, and the impact on the story was infinitesimal.

Otherwise none that I am aware of.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:04 pm

I think it extremely likely that at some point Kore will get the axe. There's too much plot leading up to that: He's unstoppable, he wants the axe badly, something intense will happen if he ever gets the axe. That wouldn't bode well for the health of Big Ears.

I'm often wrong about Thunt's plans though.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.