2015 February 14: Evil?

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

2015 February 14: Evil?

Post by Krulle » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:25 am

99 points to Quixotecoyote for having called most of todays comic.

Permalink: http://www.goblinscomic.org/02172016/

Are there doors hanging below the creature?

Will it give our heroes a ride to the door they will need to continue their quest?

Also: Happy Valentines day, my friends!

Reason for edit: New permalink
Last edited by Krulle on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Re: 2015 February 14: Evil?

Post by RidcullyJack » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:00 am

I don't think they want a ride to another door on the cylinder - those will open back into the yumyuck moss room from the inside too.
They want one of the doors which is following beneath DOOOR - red, orange, green, blue etc.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:32 am

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I just noticed that I forgot Thaco's blindfold. It looks like "You forgot Thaco's blindfold" will be the theme of tomorrow's inbox.

jbrecken
Whispers Softly

Post by jbrecken » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:02 am

We can't see this thing's legs - is he a Klik like Ward who absorbed essence of Door or something?

Or perhaps he's just a giant Pok├®mon. I'd like to see a conversation between this guy, Hodor and Groot.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:25 am

Awwwh...! I predict Door will be a new fan-favourite minor character, right up there with Pan and Yala.
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:31 am

Sessine wrote:Awwwh...! I predict Door will be a new fan-favourite minor character, right up there with Pan and Yala.
Pan was my first thought!

SpellsBedly
Of Few Words

Post by SpellsBedly » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:32 am

Crap, this is the abomination Forgath's new team has to go kill.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:43 am

That is one quickly evolved abomination then :o
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Never Finishes Anyth
Mutters to Themself

Post by Never Finishes Anyth » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:22 am

Is Fumbles unable to open the door because each door can only be opened once?

If so, I wonder if and how such doors eventually get reset.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:34 am

Never Finishes Anyth wrote:Is Fumbles unable to open the door because each door can only be opened once?

If so, I wonder if and how such doors eventually get reset.
He does open the door - it's what he uses to call down to the creature. It's just really heavy.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:23 pm

Do abomination Kliks have faces? Doooor has a face.

SpellsBedly
Of Few Words

Post by SpellsBedly » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:04 pm

I have no idea. But if I am right I'm betting he's going to die fighting junior.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Wait a second, Minmax was the last person to talk in the room with the color-changing disco ball. DOOR went straight to Minmax, even though Big Ears dropped the axe. He also has Minmax's IME shade of purple on his head. Is it possible that this monster can only see/interact with Minmax because the dungeon is coded to him in some way?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SpellsBedly
Of Few Words

Post by SpellsBedly » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Minmax was also the only person still standing near an open door, it looks like. Plus the creature seems to be reacting to Fumbles.

But good catch on the color.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:35 pm

RidcullyJack wrote:I don't think they want a ride to another door on the cylinder - those will open back into the yumyuck moss room from the inside too.
They want one of the doors which is following beneath DOOOR - red, orange, green, blue etc.
Not necessarily. All they know is that the doors in the yumyuck moss room they've tried open up into a central column. That doesn't preclude doors in the central column from opening up into other areas of the dungeon.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Hjerne
Of Few Words

Post by Hjerne » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:46 pm

There are colored doors hovering below Door. I think they are part of Door and he can open a door to anywhere you ask him to.

wheatleygone
Remains Silent

Post by wheatleygone » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Ha! I said on the previous thread that I would love it if Quixotecoyote's prediction came true, and there it is! Awesome.

Rishkin
Remains Silent

Post by Rishkin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:23 pm

Door looks like it's the keeper of doors, and they will have to choose one of its doors to go through. But I'm also thinking Door is a door (looking back on how they found the entrance key 'literally' under the tree) and is keyed specifically to MinMax due to the IME color matching his (as said by SamWiser. also isn't the symbol on Door the same as the 'disco ball'). Either that or Door's current personality or allignment is a reflection of MinMax, and could be bad if Kore gets in. (okay maybe that's dumb).

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:12 pm

SpellsBedly wrote:Crap, this is the abomination Forgath's new team has to go kill.
I don't think so. It would be a neat cross-linking of threads, but this creature speaks. Granted, its vocabulary seems to be limited, but...

Kliks don't normally talk. Junior only spoke when he was controlling Dies - as an independent being, he said nothing. Ward the Sword only talks because he ate a talking magic sword. The abomination the others are looking for ate part of a shapeshifting magic item. There's been no indication ever that the Racist Axe could talk.

Door does seem to be a "metallic" Klik. (These can also appear as types of stone.) It hovers, and it has hands, so it was based on a humanoid. How it is able to talk at all, is... well, I suppose talking magic items aren't that unusual, or there could be some other explanation which we will learn in due course. I can't wait to learn its backstory!

Edited to add... it's so big, it may very well be a Klok.
► Show Spoiler

quixotecoyote
Remains Silent

Post by quixotecoyote » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:57 pm

quixotecoyote wrote:The fist unclenches. The axe is dropped on the floor.

The arm zips back down the shaft with a melancholy, 'DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............"

Everyone is relieved and confused.
I think I've got this comic's number.

Thanks Krulle, I'll take my 99 points in internet cookies.

PhoenixBard
Mutters to Themself

Post by PhoenixBard » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:22 pm

The goblins should just send an unmanned drone through....wait. Step 1. get a time mage. step 2. get a drone from the future, step 3. send drone on recon through a door.
Signature removed by admin: violated forum advertising rules.

SpellsBedly
Of Few Words

Post by SpellsBedly » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Sessine wrote:
SpellsBedly wrote:Crap, this is the abomination Forgath's new team has to go kill.
There's been no indication ever that the Racist Axe could talk.
Oh right, it mutated because of the axe (my internet is really slow at the moment so I succesfully resisted the urge to read back yesterday). Door here looks like he has probably been around for longer than that timeline allows. So that's a point against it.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:27 am

quixotecoyote wrote:Thanks Krulle, I'll take my 99 points in internet cookies.
1.073.741.824 bytes in 10.845.877 cookies installed in your webbrowser. talk about fragmentation of your drive, shall we?
If the webbrowser asks, please confirm you're accepting cookies from any site for any duration.

The transcription:
http://www.goblinscomic.org/02172016/ wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Krulle on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mertol
Whispers Softly

Post by mertol » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:44 am

It's not a klok it's a frog made of stone.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:11 am

Sessine wrote:Door does seem to be a "metallic" Klik. (These can also appear as types of stone.) It hovers, and it has hands, so it was based on a humanoid. How it is able to talk at all, is... well, I suppose talking magic items aren't that unusual, or there could be some other explanation which we will learn in due course. I can't wait to learn its backstory!

Edited to add... it's so big, it may very well be a Klok.
Besides others disagreeing, I also disagree.

Dorr is neither floating (why would he need his hand to support himself otherwise) nor shows other properties of Kliks and Kloks (round).
Dorr seems to be standing on doorframes/ledges and supporting himself with the one free hand. To me it seems we simply cannot see his lower appendixes which support most of his weight.