Oct 30 2015: IT'S NOT WEIRD!

Discuss the comic here!
Pyrotrap
Remains Silent

Re: Oct 30 2015: IT'S NOT WEIRD!

Post by Pyrotrap » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:52 pm

I was really happy with how they continued talking about Complains's hair fetish instead of talking about Big Ears when they saw he looked uncomfortable. I'm expected Minmax to either put his foot in his mouth or to be surprisingly respectful.

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:59 pm

Eh, for all Minmax knows, that might've been a female goblin. :P
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Welcome to the forums, Pyrotrap!

Sometimes the best way to deal with an uncomfortable situation is just to pretend it didn't happen. Since they've known Ears for all their lives, it would've been a bit uncomfortable for them too. Especially since they all respect him.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:48 pm

Krulle wrote:Also: huh, when did I pass the 5k post count?
Well, you do double post to the Twitter thread and whatever the Tweet's related to, an awful lot. That would push your post count up.

23AHEH
Remains Silent

Post by 23AHEH » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:32 pm

You do not tease the guy who's actions either prevent or allow an all powerful demon god to destroy the world.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:31 am

Glemp wrote:
Well, you do double post to the Twitter thread and whatever the Tweet's related to, an awful lot. That would push your post count up.
And there's a thread only I posted in, 245 posts. That pushes too.... ;)

Anyway, Minmax made so many "that's gay" jokes, that even he recognises that such a joke right now would epically fail.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:51 am

Krulle wrote:
Glemp wrote:
And there's a thread only I posted in, 245 posts. That pushes too.... ;)
:shock: :wall:

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:30 am

I like the idea that apparently in the THuntverse homosexuality is not a big deal.

I sympathize Complains, I'm very specific about hair on the heads of my partners too. IT'S NOT WEIRD!
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:58 am

Guus wrote:I like the idea that apparently in the THuntverse homosexuality is not a big deal.
Well, I don't think that you could base such an assumption on one interaction between a group of goblins, that is going to depend more on the individuals in the group. Many other communities or cultures may have much stronger negative reactions.

But, unlike some "religious" groups would have you believe, it's not evil (AoP interaction)! :D
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:21 am

Thunt has cleverly used Gay Big Ears to distract us from the important question of what might happen in a dungeon that shows you your desires. This is heavy stuff, and not to be taken lightly. What would it mean if Minmax finished a quest that brought him the love of his life, for example?
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:36 am

nikohl wrote:
Regdtosay wrote:SO PROGRESSIVE.
Uh, welcome to the forum. We've known Big Ears was gay for years. :paranoia:
Er.. I didn't realize that! :roll:
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:41 am

askstoomuch wrote:
nikohl wrote:
Regdtosay wrote:SO PROGRESSIVE.
Uh, welcome to the forum. We've known Big Ears was gay for years. :paranoia:

Am I The only one who had never noticed it ? =p
Nope. Same here.. news to me.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:03 am

As mentioned before, it was only ever metaknowledge, never came up in comic.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

HappyCatDragon
Mutters to Themself

Post by HappyCatDragon » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:04 am

I wonder how many relationships went the other way in this dungeon XD

what you lust alfter someone else?!

hehehe i bet this room is deadlier to couples than any other room >:)

Shax
Remains Silent

Post by Shax » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:20 pm

I think the subject switch back to Complains so quickly because he is sooooo much fun to tease. Fumbles isn't about to let that opportunity slip by!

I really believe that if learning more about your partner's interests is enough to cause marital strife then you really need to take a chill pill. Most bad assumptions you could come to are probably flat out wrong. Talk about it and maybe you'll find something you can use later for some "fun".

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:39 pm

Don't get why "showing" he is Gay matters, but whatever. This entire Dungeon makes no sense to me. These pillars especially, unless they pop out versions of the images that try and kill the group, they are pointless.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Shax wrote: I really believe that if learning more about your partner's interests is enough to cause marital strife then you really need to take a chill pill. Most bad assumptions you could come to are probably flat out wrong. Talk about it and maybe you'll find something you can use later for some "fun".
"Why is the lust pillar showing my SISTER?!"
"Hey, whatever bad assumption you have is wrong, lets talk about it and we can use if for "fun"!"

:whack:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thesilence
Speaks Quietly

Post by thesilence » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Still waiting for the zinger on these pillars...they have to be doing more than displaying recreational images.

Puzzling that it's Complains who lusts after lock-tressed goblinnes, given that it was Dies who bonded with Saves-a-Fox (she had hair didn't she? memory fails us but I was pretty sure of it). But anyway, it's gratifying to see that bonding with "Maxo" has pretty much completely healed Fumbles's mind. We hope that someday he will get the chance to bond with Kin too (they both suffered at Dellyn's hands, far more intimately than Thaco did), and help with bringing them back together if she hasn't entirely gotten over her flinch-reaction to him (she'll have possibly decades or even centuries of Maze-running to learn how to forgive him for doing a stupid thing, but who knows whether even that will suffice).

We predict that Minmax will manage to react with surprising maturity and sensitivity, or at least with an immature neutral-sensitivity (eg "why would you think I care? you goblins are all weird, being gay doesn't make you any weirder"). He might still do casually callous things like using "gay" as an insult with his bromance-buddies, but after having gone through the emotional wringer with a "monster" like Kin, and still pining for her even after she rejected him in an incredibly painful fashion, we doubt he would EVER make fun of somebody's choice of lovers again.
Strawberrycocoa wrote:So is MinMax's lust just a general Serpentfolk, or is his lust a Sexy Naughty Kinky Kin? ;)
Very strongly believe that this is Kin, just with her hair literally and proverbially let down a good bit (as is unlikely to happen anytime soon, unless Forgath manages a Remove Curse on the collar without risk of explosion).
ÔÇ£I would give no thought of what the world might say of me, if I could only transmit to posterity the reputation of an honest man.ÔÇØ --Sam Houston

hightechartist
Remains Silent

Post by hightechartist » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:06 pm

It seems pretty obvious to me that the pillars are part of some sort of puzzle, even if just a clue to how to solve a puzzle they haven't encountered yet.

Also, I'm really glad to have never encountered a lust pillar in the company of my friends in real life. I'd never hear the end of it.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:53 pm

I'm still waiting for the "how do you know Kin" conversation.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 am

Fully shaded now!

Also, Saves and the Viper clan have hair. Is it an effect of being from different clans? That would explain why Y&B and Books don't have hair.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: 1 November 2015: IT'S NOT WEIRD!

Post by Krulle » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:52 am

So, new date for the posts, and new permalink necessary then...

Finally got around to do the transcription.. For those interested:
http://www.goblinscomic.org/11012015/ wrote:
► Show Spoiler
unshaded image, panel 6 from a tweet, Kin from panel 1 coloured

So, while Fumbles is interested in annoying someone because of his fetish, he definitely finds sexual orientation not something to make fun of.
Good for him, good for the group.

Also: I personally too find good hair the best frame for a beautiful face and body. It can highlight the bodily advantages better than quite a few other things could ever do to highlight physical properties.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:28 am

The pillars show images for "the last person that [looked]", just like the first room was illuminated by the light of the last person to speak. The light seemed to be useless and not related to anything so far, so...

P.S. Thunt updated the page, but Vorpal's scars are still missing on one of the frames on the bottom row.

Dendr
Mutters to Themself

Post by Dendr » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:55 am

Hey, have any of you guys noticed that Vorpal's forehead is clear and smooth on the third panel from the end? This IS weird.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Dendr wrote:Hey, have any of you guys noticed that Vorpal's forehead is clear and smooth on the third panel from the end? This IS weird.
...Yes. Yes, we have.
The post right before yours wrote:P.S. Thunt updated the page, but Vorpal's scars are still missing on one of the frames on the bottom row.