or in words every two lvl the xp you need to raise one lvl increses by 10
(+10+10+20+20+30+30+40+40)
OK thank makes more sense. On the recruitment thread you had posted:
LVL1 - 10xp
LVL2 - 20xp
LVL3 - 30xp
LVL4 - 60xp
ect.
Which is why I expected it to be lvl 3. Although the sudden jump at 4 didn't quite make sense but I just sorta accepted it.

Hmmm... this throws a hiccup in some of my plans since I was expecting lvl 3 skills soon but I can work around it.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 6 [one slot open]

Post by eirikdaude » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:42 pm

I'm sorry to see you go as well, BadgeAddict. With all these scary critters around it seems we need all the kobolds we can get :lol:

Ludo's actions:
A: Forage for food
P: Improve gem
T: Knowledge - creatures (int), the +1 to stats from 10 lvl 1 skills goes to Int
► Show Spoiler
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Active: persuade Ozt, to come help clear out the new batch of spiders.
I think the failed perception rolls of our guards implied that we aren't aware of the spiders? I could be mistaken, though, might be best if the GM clears that up :)

Apart from that I would be really interested in hearing your idea for getting rid of the dwarf. Or would you prefer us to have that conversation IC?

Also, I don't think I got an answer to these questions:
eirikdaude wrote:Hmm, since dwarfs and kobolds don't really get along, I wonder if it would be possible to (secretly) craft a landslide to bury the scary dwarf?

Also, my skill at gemcrafting was a bit worse than I thought, I guess my understanding of the rules is sub-optimal... Is it possible to change my mind on how many turns I spend improving the firestone?
Also, also - I see I have Melee (blunt) in my skills instead of Melee (edged). Is that because the axes uses Melee (blunt), or just an oversight? If we do manage to overcome the dwarf in some way I am not sure I will mind so much anyway ;) *eyes that hammer greedily*
The axe he took is also missing from his character sheet, and I think you rolled for untrained Perception when he in fact has a point in that.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by eirikdaude on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ÔÇ£Remember: when people tell you somethingÔÇÖs wrong or doesnÔÇÖt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.ÔÇØ - Neil Gaiman, on writing critique

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:02 am

Krat will go with Ludo to help forage for food

Active: Forage for food
Passive: Refine the fire crystal
Training: Enchant
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 am

Erm, my first thought was that the tiny giant spiders may have hatched from wherever the small giant spider had laid her eggs or something. :idea: Or maybe that the small and the tiny were all from the same 'nest', just the small one hatched earlier (big sister, instead of mommy). :shrug:

KnickKnack's actions:
Active: Identify/butcher/prepare any food items brought in this round, if nothing new brought in, butcher the turtle
Passive: attach javelin head (rat, fine) to javelin shafts (ash, good) (2/4 turns) on hold, instead, get together the
1x cooking pot, large [metal (iron)]
some firewood as needed
1x stone, soft (salt) - use as spice, probably only part of one stone is needed
1x herb, medical (mint) - use as spice, probably only part of one leaf is needed
2x meat (rat)
3x entrails (rat) - those only if edible, too!
17x berries, food (gooseberries)
7x eggs (bird)
whatever is gained from the turtle (or other EDIBLE, NON POISONOUS stuff that was brought in and prepared)
and Pskal the cooking kobold.
Have him (or any other helpers, as needed)
* make a fire
*fill the pot with water
*cook a stew with all those ingredients
*feed as many kobolds as we can with the stew (we need bowls & spoons, and soon!)
KnickKnack will help making this happen any way he can. (either get the stuff together, or get more kobolds to help, or help prepare the ingredients, or start the fire, or ...)
Training: Lead (Cha)

Also, throw the entrails that are beginning to smell out, please. Use it as bait in some traps or throw it into the tiny spider room, or whatever.
► Show Spoiler
@GM: please tell me if this is okay for the turn, or if I'm trying to cram in too much or anything else is off base.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Erm, my first thought was that the tiny giant spiders may have hatched from wherever the small giant spider had laid her eggs or something. :idea: Or maybe that the small and the tiny were all from the same 'nest', just the small one hatched earlier (big sister, instead of mommy). :shrug:
:roll: well... I dont know^^ ask someone else^^
GathersIngredients wrote: KnickKnack's actions:
Active: Identify/butcher/prepare any food items brought in this round, if nothing new brought in, butcher the turtle

should be no problem
GathersIngredients wrote: Passive: get together the
some firewood as needed
1x herb, medical (mint) - use as spice, probably only part of one leaf is needed
2x meat (rat)
7x eggs (bird)
whatever is gained from the turtle (or other EDIBLE, NON POISONOUS stuff that was brought in and prepared)
* make a fire
*fill the pot with water
*feed as many kobolds as we can with the stew (we need bowls & spoons, and soon!)
KnickKnack will help making this happen any way he can. (either get the stuff together, or get more kobolds to help, or help prepare the ingredients, or start the fire, or ...)

or for short cook all that stuff. accept the help of every npc willing to cook.
should be no problem
GathersIngredients wrote: Also, throw the entrails that are beginning to smell out, please. Use it as bait in some traps or throw it into the tiny spider room, or whatever.

feel free to do that. but say me where you are throwing it.

GathersIngredients wrote: @GM: please tell me if this is okay for the turn, or if I'm trying to cram in too much or anything else is off base.

boils down to:
Active: Butcher turtle or new creature
Passive: cook
Train: Lead

I see no problems with that. You need a HUGE cooking result (you try to cook food worth 31 rataions so you need a check of 31)... perhaps you could feel compelled to order the other kobolds around to help...

@Theis: Ludo is in the hills. You must either abandon your firestone refirement (tools in the cave) or skip helping him.

I'm off to work now and should be writing on the new turn in about 11 hours feel free to discuss any changes in your actions^^
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:30 am

Can I please reduce the amount of portions cooked (= DC) to the amount of kobolds that are around (NPC + PC) total?

From my count that should be 6 (gifted, most of them PC) + 13 (NPC, containing Pskal - the cook, Prisarz - the hamster guy , Kaleb - the sick one, Zi'it - the peception guy, plus Ozt - the big one that always stands guard) summing up to 19. (unless the kroga eats two portions for sheer size)
I'm assuming that the hamster doesn't require cooked food, and can just eat some herb (mint?) or grass or something?

And yeah, since ordering kobolds around is a free action, I'll better add that in:
KnickKnack will order any kobold (that is not GUARDING and/or FIGHTING and/or DOING STUFF FOR OTHER PCs) to help with the cooking.

I'll vote for thowing the stinking entrails into the tiny spider cave, hoping that it will distract them when Ozt and Nockit try to vanquish them. (Meaning if some other player vetos on this - especially Chuck - I retract this suggestion and let them do with the stinky entrails what they deem best. I'm just trying to keep more kobolds from falling sick due to unhygienic conditions etc.)
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:51 am

New action, Krat will forage for food in the meadows (Counts as same area right?)

Training: Enchant
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:18 am

We might ask Traknesh to supervise with his lead skill in your cooking efforts. An increase in skill should make that 31 possible. If he gets a 10+, that's +2 skill to you and all the other kobolds (3d6+5, makes 10+ very likely). Assuming 2d4 rolls for everyone except Pskal (3d4). It should only take Traknesh, you, Pskal, and 4 common Kobolds, assuming average rolls to get to 31 (average roll 32.5). Make it 5 or 6 common kobolds to be safe and go for the whole thing.

As for the entrails do what you want. Don't think it will help in a fight and I'm not sure bad smelling entrails would make good bait.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:04 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:44 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Traknesh is one of the leading kobolds. He might listen to what you have to say but without a bit of RP he wont do shit^^
At leat one or two sentences and a reason why he should do it and he could be in.
GM for a Kobold Mine

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Um, I don't mean to nag you, NOA (is it ok if I call you that? :) ), but do you have an answer to the questions I posted in my previous posts?
ÔÇ£Remember: when people tell you somethingÔÇÖs wrong or doesnÔÇÖt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.ÔÇØ - Neil Gaiman, on writing critique

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Hmm, since dwarfs and kobolds don't really get along, I wonder if it would be possible to (secretly) craft a landslide to bury the scary dwarf?
Everything is possible. But without skill it might just kill you... because that crazy motherfucker could perhaps take a bolder to the face and if you dont actually bury him he would be ... not amused.
Also, my skill at gemcrafting was a bit worse than I thought, I guess my understanding of the rules is sub-optimal... Is it possible to change my mind on how many turns I spend improving the firestone?
Nope sorry. The whole idea with the 'you have to set your rounds beforehand' would be undermined if I make an exeption.
The axe he took is also missing from his character sheet,
I know I should try to be more careful but I f**king dont know how this happend.
and I think you rolled for untrained Perception when he in fact has a point in that.
You are right. And I rolled you forage and perception with only Wis 4 not Wis 5. And you do not have the firestone in your inventory and did a few small errors in other places.
Sorry. I can do one of these to compensate for my error: rewrite the post or give you +4 (karmatic balance) on you forage attemt next turn.
I think the failed perception rolls of our guards implied that we aren't aware of the spiders? I could be mistaken, though, might be best if the GM clears that up
Your guards claim noting entered the mine. They MUST be from inside! Some of the kobolds inside have seen them. You know they are here.

Did I miss something this time? and yes NOA is ok^^
And I dont take this as nagging. I take questions and found errors seriously.
GM for a Kobold Mine

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Hehe, thanks for your reply :) And I think I'll go for the +4 to my karmic balance, I have a suspicion I'll struggle with foraging for food even with it, and I also think it will be far less work for you?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:08 pm

NewOneAround wrote:Traknesh is one of the leading kobolds. He might listen to what you have to say but without a bit of RP he wont do shit^^
At leat one or two sentences and a reason why he should do it and he could be in.
Okay, since I'm assuming RPing is a free action, please add this to my turn, then.

RP: KnickKnack, realizing how dire the situation is, walks over to Traknesh with a request. "Hey there, Traknesh, I have seen you do such a good job supervising the kobolds mining out the new room. I was wondering if you could maybe help me get the lot of them organized to get some cooking done, as all our bellies are rumbling at the moment. I think we all could do with a nice stew, and your leading skills could ensure that it doesn't get burned or worse. It's bad enough that Kaleb got sick from easting something iffy, we can't risk the whole colony falling ill from starvation or food poisoning. So, will you aid me, please?"
► Show Spoiler

EDIT: also, I went through all the turns and added up my skill XP out of pure interest/curiosity. This is what I came up with, could you please double check/compare it with your notes, NOA?
► Show Spoiler
If you note the ## near the skill Craft ÔÇô Bone (Int), that's because in turn 7 (which you for some reason called turn 5 again (according to my count the upcoming turn is turn 10); here's the link to the post to avoid confusion: http://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=122780#p122780) you wrote
[Craft ÔÇô Bone (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 Result: 1 Turn 1/3]
R 1 S 1 D 3 - ongoing
but no +1XP. I assumed that you just forgot to wrote it in there, and added the 1 XP anyways. But I wanted to ask you about this before removing the ## (which are just there to remind me there's something unusual about this vaule).
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:15 am

GathersIngredients wrote: EDIT: also, I went through all the turns and added up my skill XP out of pure interest/curiosity. This is what I came up with, could you please double check/compare it with your notes, NOA?
► Show Spoiler
If you note the ## near the skill Craft ÔÇô Bone (Int), that's because in turn 7 (which you for some reason called turn 5 again (according to my count the upcoming turn is turn 10); here's the link to the post to avoid confusion: http://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=122780#p122780) you wrote
[Craft ÔÇô Bone (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 Result: 1 Turn 1/3]
R 1 S 1 D 3 - ongoing
but no +1XP. I assumed that you just forgot to wrote it in there, and added the 1 XP anyways. But I wanted to ask you about this before removing the ## (which are just there to remind me there's something unusual about this vaule).
I had 1 xp less in cut wood. everything else was right in my notes.
I started with turn 0 so upcoming turn is turn 10.

@eirik: Yes less work for me and yes might help you net starve.
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:37 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:44 am

@Chuck: you cant train perception its tied for highest skill.
GM for a Kobold Mine

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:07 am

Yes, I am a teensy bit worried about starving... Hopefully I'll succeed at some foraging :ktongue:

Anyway, I have been summing up my xp too (it is in the stat-block I post in a spoiler together with my actions),
► Show Spoiler
I am most uncertain about the knowledge action here:
► Show Spoiler
Does it look correct to you?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:38 am

yeah I've been meaning to add up my xp too.
► Show Spoiler
NewOneAround wrote:@Chuck: you cant train perception its tied for highest skill.
In that case knowledge - magic (int)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:00 am

Turn 10

1. Player Actions

Krat
[Forage: 2 d 6 = 6]
[R6 S 6 D 5] ÔÇô success +5XP Gain 3x egg (bird), 4x berries, food (gooseberry)

[Knowledge magic: 2 +1 [tool] d 4 + 2 (preperation) = 8]
[R11+8 S19 D15] ÔÇô ongoing 2/9 +1 XP

Training action: the spell enchant +10 XP Gain Spell:Enchant 2

Nockit

Active: persuade Ozt, to come help clear out the new batch of spiders.
[Persuade: 1 d 3 + 6 (FLS) +1 (fluff) = 9
[R9 S9 D1] ÔÇô success +5XP
► Show Spoiler

Passive: set his final trap right outside the boarded up tunnel just in case something breaks through.
[Knowledge - Defensive Strategies: 2 d 6 +1 (fluff) = 7]
[R7 S7 D5] ÔÇô success +5 XP

Training: knowledge - magic (int) +10 Gain knowledge - magic (int) 1

Click-Clank

Click-Clank decides he does not want to have an active part in leading the colony.
He digs rooms and minerals.
Active and Passive:

Mine from M17 to O17
[Mine: 2 d 4 + 0 = 5]
[Mine: 2 d 4 + 0 = 5]

[R 15+5+5 S 25 D 35] ÔÇô ongoing +2XP
pickaxe Break 15 : ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break 15 : ÔÇô nothing

Training: +1XP Mine

KnickKnack
FREE: KnickKnack will order any kobold (that is not GUARDING and/or FIGHTING and/or DOING STUFF FOR OTHER PCs) to help with the cooking.

[Forage: 2 d 4 +1 (fluff) = 5]
[R 5 S 5 D 4] ÔÇô success +5 XP Gain 3 meat (turtle), 1 entrails (turtle) 1 bone (turtle) 2 shell (turtle)

Passive: attach javelin head (rat, fine) to javelin shafts (ash, good) (2/4 turns) on hold, instead, get together the
some firewood as needed
2x meat (rat)
7x eggs (bird)
* make a fire
*fill the pot with water
Sum of ingedients:
1+1+2+3+21+10+3+1= 42

[Craft ÔÇô Food: 0 + 4 (lead Traknesh) d 4 + 1 (fluff) + 109 (kobold helpers) = 116]
[R116 S 116 D 42] ÔÇô success +5 XP Gain 42x unbelivable tasty stew

Training: Lead (Cha) +10XP Gain Lead (Cha) 1

Ludo
A: Forage for food
Forage: 1 d 4 ÔÇô 2 (noskill) +4 (karmatic balance) +1 (fluff) = 5]
[R5 S5 D5] ÔÇô success +5 XP Gain 4x egg (bird)

P: Improve gem
[Craft ÔÇô Jewel: 1 d 4 = 4]
[R5+4 S9 D10] ÔÇô ongoing (3/5) + 1XP

T: Knowledge - creatures (int), the +1 to stats from 10 lvl 1 skills goes to Int

Traknesh
Active: Traknesh oversees the cooking
[Lead (Cha) 2 Cha 6 Rolls: 3d6 +5 (Moral Bonus [Fearless Leader]) Result: 22
[R 22 Sum: 22 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô success +5XP +4 Skill Craft - Cooking

Passive: Make stone tiles out of siltstone

[Craft ÔÇô Stone: 1 d 4 -2 (noskill) = 1]
[R0+1 S 1 D 3] ÔÇô success +5XP Gain 4x crude floortile, stone

Training: Spell: Poison (Int) +10XP Spell: Poison (Int) 2

2. NPC Actions

1 Kobold dig for Quarz (T18)
[Mine: 1 d 4 = 2]
[R20+2 S22 D35] ÔÇô ongoing
Break 15 - success

Pskal and 9 other kobolds cook under leadership of Traknesh
Craft ÔÇô Cooking 41 d 4 = 109
[R109 S 109] ÔÇô added as bonus to KnickKnack

Zi'it stand guard

Ozt fights.

3. Event

Good: nothing good happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Neutral: One kobold catched a strange frog. Its about the size of you hands is pale ble has 4 eyes and two tongues He wants to keep him as a pet.

Bad: nothing bad happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

4. Trader

A trader arrives.
It`s a kobold named Lossa.

He brought
1x shovel [metal (iron), metal (iron)]
1x brestplate [metal (copper)]

5. Wandering Monster

Ludo encounters nothing while foraging.

Krat encounters nothing while foraging.

Zi'it stand guard.

Nockit will go and talk to Ozt, "Ozt, remember how we crushed that spider when we first arrived?" "Yeah made hole into armor" "There's more of them. How about we go do it again. Let's put that training you've been doing to the test." "Ok. Me bored counting cyperaceae plants." Together they will head off and vanquish the spiders.

With all the threats within the mine, Nockit decides he should put out one more trap, just to be safe. He will place one right outside the boarded up passageway since it would likely be the most dangerous threat.

Even though he found some berries, Ludo is still very hungry. Instead of continuing exploring the mountain, he will spend the next couple of hours exclusively looking for something to eat. Maybe those strange fruits on the tree are edible? But he is very scared of the big birds and the dwarf, so he will do his very best to stay hidden. He manages to raid a birds nest and after he retreats to a safe position he eats one of the eggs.

After that he continues polishing the gemstone... He wonders if it is going to turn out as good as he hopes.

KnickKnack is extremely worried about the food situation which only seems to be getting worse. As much as he would like to get his javelins finished, he puts priority to getting everyone's belly filled. He dedicates all his energies this turn to identify any new foodstuff that might be brought in and/or butcher/prepare it as needed. Then he organizes the cooking of a nice stew, by getting the pot, Pskal and a bunch of ingredients together in the room with the fire pit, instructing Pskal to cook a stew, and any additional kobolds to help Pksal do that, as needed. KnickKnack himself will help, if that is necessary/only one kobold is needed as helping hands, otherwise he'll stick to getting the kobolds to work together.
KnickKnack, realizing how dire the situation is, walks over to Traknesh with a request. "Hey there, Traknesh, I have seen you do such a good job supervising the kobolds mining out the new room. I was wondering if you could maybe help me get the lot of them organized to get some cooking done, as all our bellies are rumbling at the moment. I think we all could do with a nice stew, and your leading skills could ensure that it doesn't get burned or worse. It's bad enough that Kaleb got sick from easting something iffy, we can't risk the whole colony falling ill from starvation or food poisoning. So, will you aid me, please?" Traknesh seems to consider your question, but his belly answers for him. After a rumble he looks a bit embarresed and says: " I'm in. HEY GUYS! Stick with me, and you'll never go hungry again! "

The fight with the little spiders turned out pretty dangerous, but its far from over...

Hello! Lokks what I have here!" Lossa emtys his backpack.

A kobold comes to Krat: "Look at this funny litty guy!" He shows him a frog. Its white-bluish with four eyes. He could swear it has licked his own eyes right now... on both sides simultary. "Can I keep him? I know we need food but... please?"

Ludo eats a raw egg. Not very tasty. But better than starving.
All other kobolds eat from the stew. (18x)

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
.[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3(2) Intelligence 4 Wisdom 6 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
1x Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]
15x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] B60 D2
1x quiver [wood (ash)]
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] B35 D15
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] B15 D7

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 6 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)]
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Break: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
13x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
1x fine sword [metal (iron)]
quiver [wood (ash)]
good breast armor [leather (bat)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: BadgeAddict
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
Fearless Leader Score: 5
► Show Spoiler
Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 15 Durability 5/7
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
3x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
3x good pole [wood (ash)]
2x fine spear head, bone [bone(rat)]
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Ludo]
Player: eirikdaude
Color: olive
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 5 Wisdom 5 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork toolset, gemcutting [metal (mithral)]
axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
4x small stone
1x gem, magical (firestone)
3x egg (bird)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]

So first battle that is longer than 3 Turns.
I want another 3 turns with Action, Reaction, Priority Reaction for Nockit.
If you consider to scream or run for help: everyone wo does at least 1 action in the mine is there at the moment (all but Ludo and Zi'it).
Turn update will happen after the combat resolves.
___

Lead is to strong... Have to soften if up somehow. Anyone some ideas?

___

I checked your XP totals. Miraculously I have nearly the same sums (Nockit: Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 2 [15?/20] -> Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 2 [0/20] and you had 1 xp in forage more in my notes) (Ludo: Same)
One of the main reasons my posts are a bit chaotic is that I keep track of these things at the same time as I write them.
Last edited by NewOneAround on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:58 am

NewOneAround wrote:
So first battle that is longer than 3 Turns.
I want another 3 turns with Action, Reaction, Priority Reaction for Nockit.
If you consider to scream or run for help: everyone wo does at least 1 action in the mine is there at the moment (all but Ludo and Zi'it).
Turn update will happen after the combat resolves.
___

Lead is to strong... Have to soften if up somehow. Anyone some ideas?
YAY, we didn't starve AND we made a nice stew. :cheer:

Erm, so... IF they call for help, we can join the battle? Can we take NPC kobolds with us, or did they use up their action with the cooking already? Can we join the battle, even if they don't call for help?

About 'nerfing' the lead skill: How about the person using lead actually needing the skill that they are helping the others do? Like if they wanted to help them with mining, they would first need to have the mining skill. :shrug:

And did I understand correctly? Until the battle is resolved, there will be no normal update? Would it still be okay to post some actions for the next turn, and edit that, if need may be?
► Show Spoiler

eirikdaude
Whispers Softly

Post by eirikdaude » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:31 am

Kinda relieved that I managed the forage check, I was a tiny bit worried :cheer:

How about for the lead skill, you make it harder to lead large groups?

E.g.
Difficulty:Lets you lead:
520 = 1 kobold
1021 = 2 kobolds
1522 = 4 kobolds
2023 = 8 kobolds
2524 = 16 kobolds
etc.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:53 am

GathersIngredients wrote:And did I understand correctly? Until the battle is resolved, there will be no normal update? Would it still be okay to post some actions for the next turn, and edit that, if need may be?
That's how I understood it. And can I just say: HOLY SHIT THIS WAS A BAD IDEA! SIXTEEN SPIDERS! WTF!

(btw can lead affect combat skills, if so traknesh is my new best friend)

Ok the plan is
Turn 1: Call for Ozt to retreat back to the main group.
Turn 2: Upon reaching the group turn around and fire while calling for help, if group isn't there run towards a trap
Turn 3: Keep firing, if about to be swarmed and group isn't there to help retreat more, if group member is in serious trouble try to defend them.

And just to reiterate: HOLY SHIT THIS WAS A BAD IDEA!

As for the lead skill, you could make it so the difficulties are doubling instead of adding 5, (so 5,10,20,40,80, instead of 5,10,15,20,25). Or you could add +1 difficulty per additional kobold so 3 kobolds would be 7 difficulty (7,14,21,28). Also you could limit the number of Kobolds you can lead to your lead to lvl +1 (+1 otherwise untrained would be useless). Or you could make it max added is your actual skill lvl in the skill you are leading +2
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:12 pm

I dont know if I stated this before: Knowledge is power.
Perhaps you scout the situation next time o:)

Turn 1
Ini 13
Nockit: Ozt! Run to the entrance room.
Nockit runs.
Ini 5
Spider Batch A (3) swarm Ozt
[Meele ÔÇô Natural: 2 d 1 = 2]
[R2+2+2 S6]
Defence 2 ÔÇô hit ÔÇô Damage 1d2 = 1 -1 Con

Spider Batch B (3) swarm Ozt
[R2+2+2 S6]
Defence 2 ÔÇô hit ÔÇô Damage 1d2 = -1 Con

Spider Batch C (4) swarm Ozt
[R2+2+2+2 S8]
Defence 2 ÔÇô hit +1 Damage ÔÇô Damage 1d3 = -1 Con

Spider Batch D (4) scurry after Nockit but stop at the end of the room.

Ini 2
Ozt runs.

Turn 2
Ini 13
Nockit enters the entrance room and makes some panic while going into a good position
Ini 5
[Noone there]
Ini 2
Ozt runs into the room and drops breathing heavily.

Turn 3

Nothing happens.

I added the changes from the fight into my notes.
1 arrow in stone room
Nockit -1 arrow
Ozt's leather armor is now broken leather armor (you cant repair it)
Ozt Con 5 (1)
Nockits leather armor [9/11]
Nockit:
+5 armor +5 dodge +5 Ranged Bow +5 Meele Edge +5 Stealth

Lead Skill.
Can not effect combat skills. (This would be UBER)
My idea has been to cap the number of kobolds you can lead on your Cha, but I like the 2nd thought of Nockit.
Decition pending.

Nockit and Ozt take their weapons and sneak to the stone room.
A lot of the walls are covered in fresh glistening webbing and they can see a lot of spiders. While Nockit trys to get in a position he can see better Ozt suddenly charges forward crushing a spider with a heavy blow. Then hell broke loose. From all directions spiders pour out of the webbing biting, ripping and hissing. A few seconds later both kobold run away trembleing and luckily the webspinner do not chace them.
Nockit is not sure... could be a trick of his mind, but there might have been even MORE spiders in the webbing and he thinks a few where motionless on the ground.

Feel free to RP the aftermath and discuss your next moves.
GM for a Kobold Mine