Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 4 [one slot open]

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed May 21, 2014 2:55 pm

I've been thinking about your morale question. I like the idea of +/- moral. But linking it to eating (aside from a situation where we run out) seems overly complicated. It would make me have to reconsider what turns I do actions based on an eating schedule which would be more annoying than interesting. I'd be happy just linking it to good and bad things happening, with perhaps scale based on how good or bad. With regression towards 0 at +/-1 per turn.

Examples:
miners find a source of iron: +1d4 moral
miners dig their way into a gigantic treasure room: +3d4
a kobold dies: -1d4
we receive word our great patron Vixareticz has been killed by a rival dragon who has taken over: -3d4

Another mistake I noticed, under NPCs Prisarz still has charm rodent listed as a wis skill.

A question I keep forgetting to ask: What is that at R10? it looks like the cave goes further and like there is a door or blockade or something.

Also does the Hamster have stats?

Finally I wanted to clarify the difference between persuade and lead: Persuade is asking them to do something, where as lead is when you're doing it to? Or am I misunderstanding that?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed May 21, 2014 11:14 pm

I just looked at the NPC spoiler and it says Zi'it is still a common kobold. Didn't he succeed in taking a rank in perception, or didn't he even try and just weasel out of what KnickKnack asked him to do?

Oh, and I edited into my actions post that KnickKnack asks/orders the hamster keeper to shear the hamster, since it went from 'male' to 'male, looks fluffy'. 8)

@ chuck: If I understood the GM correctly in his PMs, lead is if you ORDER them to do something (which is a free action), persuade is if you ASK them (nicely) - which is an active action.
You can use lead on all our kobolds, since they are under our command. For all other creatures you would need persuade.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 22, 2014 1:45 am

nope you can always order them to do something. You are the boss afterall.
"You guys drop whatever you are doing and get a spear we make a weapon drill for everybody!"
This makes EVERY kobold (not orderd by another gifted) train whether he like or not.
Persuade is the nice way to do it.
"Can you please take a spear and learn how to use it we need a milita."
Used to speak with 1 or 2 kobolds to gently make them do what you want.

Overusing your command makes the kobold unhappy (droping you fearless leader score).

Lead is used to supervise kobold while working. Your fellow gifted kobold Traknesh uses this to raise the mineskill of the kobold making his room.
And yes persuade works on other creatures lead only on subordinates.

Zi'it tried to train (in the NPC actions he is not listed with name but with "1 Kobold Training ÔÇô failure") he realy tries plz dont hit him ;)
Your farmbold would shear the hamster without your orders. He is absolutly happy to have nothing to do but caring for his 'little' friend.
If you want you can have the stats for you lifestock. If you think of riding it to battle you first have to 'battle-train' it since now its a happy, peace-loving, furry grazer.

Chucks thoughts about moral seem interesting to me. The eating scedule was an idea, if you think of it as annoying it has no place in a game^^

Well R10^^ thanks for pointing it out you'll get an answer in the fluff with the next update

I hope I have the time to do it today.
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu May 22, 2014 3:53 am

NewOneAround wrote:Lead is used to supervise kobold while working. Your fellow gifted kobold Traknesh uses this to raise the mineskill of the kobold making his room.
Ah so that is how that happened.... I thought that was a mistake looking at those rolls but didn't say anything based on how it worked in our favor.
If you want you can have the stats for you livestock. If you think of riding it to battle you first have to 'battle-train' it since now its a happy, peace-loving, furry grazer.
How do you read my mind? though Hamster doesn't strike fear into the hearts of enemies the way a warg does. So I was thinking maybe beast of burden or if it has speed a long distance mount.[/quote]
Chucks thoughts about morale seem interesting to me. The eating schedule was an idea, if you think of it as annoying it has no place in a game^^
As I understood it our moral would go up and down every couple turns. I don't mind altering actions to accommodate morale but linking it to something so mundane and uncontrollable doesn't seem fun to me.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 22, 2014 4:14 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:I thought that was a mistake looking at those rolls but didn't say anything based on how it worked in our favor.
tsktsktsk and there I was thinking about redoing one or two mistakes in your favor would be apreciated :lol: Still doing this :roll:
If you see a mistake like this pls pm me about this. I'll never change things to harm you retrospective.
How do you read my mind? though Hamster doesn't strike fear into the hearts of enemies the way a warg does. So I was thinking maybe beast of burden or if it has speed a long distance mount.
Beast of burden would be possible. It has Str 4 and is quadruped so it can carry a lot more than you. It even comes with 2 handy bags (albeit they are a bit wet) Its not very fast but it can do everything a hamster can. You surely can think of uses for such abilitys.
As I understood it our moral would go up and down every couple turns. I don't mind altering actions to accommodate morale but linking it to something so mundane and uncontrollable doesn't seem fun to me.
I thought of it more as a permanent bonus if you feed everyone well. 33% more drain on your foodstock +1 bonus for all kobolds.
GM for a Kobold Mine

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 22, 2014 4:57 am

So, how do we increase our fearless leader score then? because i noticed i somehow have less than everyone else.

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 22, 2014 6:02 am

As I mentioned before your FLC increases by doing cool stuff.
Nockit got 1 point for killing that warthog (next kill of a even bigger creature will grant another point)
Krat got 1 for digging out the first magical gems and holding a we are cool speach^^

Knickknack has no increase and I do not see one in sight.
Click-Clank could earn one by finishing that forge. Depents on fluff and audience^^
GM for a Kobold Mine

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 22, 2014 7:28 am

Turn 6

1. Player Actions

Krat
[Persuade (Cha) 0 Cha 3 Rolls 1d3 -2 (noskill) +6 (moral(fearless leader)) Result 6]
[R 6 S 6 D 10] ÔÇô failure +1XP
Active: move to the hills and scout
[Perception (Wis) 2 Wis 6 Rolls: 2d6 Result: 8]
I have thresholds for scouting. There is a lot of stuff out there in the different regions. With you high perception and a not scouted region you break more than one threshold with ease.
[R 8 S 8 D 1] [R 8 S 8 D 5] ÔÇô success +5XP
[Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 2 Int 4 Rolls 2d4 Result: 7]
[R 7 S 7 D 10] ÔÇô success +5XP You found a strange tree.
[Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) 0 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2(noskill) Result: 0] ÔÇô failure +1XP You found crap.
You identified some recources.
You found a location.

Passive: Forage
[Forage (Wis) 1 Wis 6 Rolls: 1d6 +2 (cricumstance(scouting)) Result: 3
[R 3 S 3 D 5] -failure +1XP

Training: foraging +10XP Krat gains Forage (Wis) 2

Nockit
Active action: Continue crafting armor
[Craft ÔÇô Tailor (Int) 2 Int 5 Rolls 2d5 +1 (fluff) Result 4 Round 3/4]
[R 17+4 S 21 D 10] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
knive break 20 Result: 72 - nothing

Passive action: Finish crafting armor
[Craft ÔÇô Tailor (Int) 2 Int 5 Rolls 2d5 Result 8 Round 4/4]
[R 21 S 29 D 10] ÔÇô success +5XP
knive break 20 Result: 65 - nothing
Gain good breast armor [leather (bat)]. - You can be batman now.

training action: armor(con) +10XP Nockit gains Armor (Con) 1

Click-Clank

A: Go back to digging out the forge area
[Mine (Wis) 2, Wis 4 Rolls: 2d4 +8 (kobold helper) Result: 13]
[R 37+13 S 50 D 70] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
pickaxe Break 15 Rolls 1d100 Result: 84 ÔÇô nothing

P: Same as above
[Mine (Wis) 2, Wis 4 Rolls: 2d4 Result: 5]
[R 50+5 S 55 D 70] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
pickaxe Break 15 Rolls 1d100 Result: 72 ÔÇô nothing

T: Perception (Wis) +10 XP Click-Clank gains Perception (Wis) 1

KnickKnack

Active:
[Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 1 Round 4/5]
[R1: 7+1 Sum: 8 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP

Passive:
[Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 3 Round 5/5]
[R1: 8+3 Sum: 11 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô success +5XP
Gain 3 good pole, wood [wood (ash)]

training: Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) +10XP KnickKnack gains Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 1

+1 Stat point

Traknesh

Active: Traknesh oversees the digging of his room
[Lead (Cha) 2 Cha 6 Rolls: 2d6 +5 (Moral Bonus [Fearless Leader]) Result: 11
[R 11 Sum: 11 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô success +5XP +2 Skill Miner

Passive: Go fishing in Cave Pond
[Forage (Wis) 0, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 1]
[R 1 Sum: 5 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô failure +1 XP
fishing pole break 20 Result: 97 - nothing

Training: Stealth (Dex) +10XP Traknesh gains Stealth (Dex) 2

2. NPC Actions
Pskal and 3 kobold cook
[49x meat (warthog), 11x meat (gigant spider)]
[Craft ÔÇô Cook (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 Result: 4]
[Craft ÔÇô Cook (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (noskill) Result: 1]
[Craft ÔÇô Cook (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (noskill) Result: 2]
[Craft ÔÇô Cook (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (noskill) Result: 0]
[R 4+1+2 S 7 D 60] ÔÇô Gain 6 meat, cooked (warthog) 1 meat, cooked (gigant spider)

2 Kobold miner dig with Click-Clank
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 4]
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 4]
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 71 ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 76 ÔÇô nothing

1 Kobold digs a room
[Mine (Wis) 3, Wis 4 Rolls: 3d4 Result: 6]
[R3: 34+6 Sum: 40 Dificulty: 50] ÔÇô ongoing
shovel Break: 20 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 97 ÔÇô nothing

1 Zi'it Training ÔÇô success

1 Kobold makes plates from spider chitin
[Craft-Bone (Int) 0 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 [no skill] Result 1 Round 2/10]
[R 1+1 S 2 D 15] - ongoing

Prisarz cares for this pet hamster and shares it.
[Farm (Wis) 2 Wis 5 Rolls 2d5 Result 7]
[R7 S 7 D 10] - ongoing

1 Ozt + 2 Kobold stand guard

3. Event

Good: nothing good happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Neutral: nothing neutral happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Bad: nothing bad happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

4. Trader

No trader.

► Show Spoiler
5. Wandering Monster
Ozt and the two kobold stand guard
And they see nothing.

Krat explores the hills.
Suddenly a huge shadow appears over him.
A bird with a wingspan of about 7' strikes down on him
► Show Spoiler

Krat decides to boldly go where no kobold has gone before. He packs a few things and wanders into the hills.
The hills are high enough to conceal a lot of things in them. Every now and them a boulder made from the same material as the ones in front of your mide dot the landscape. The first thing Krat finds ist a swallow river gently flowing in direction of the meadows south from the hills. He is not sure but there might be fish in there and the water looks clean enough to be drinkable.
Next interesting thing he found is a strange tree. A lot of roots come trom the ground with holes in them holding a trunk wider than high. 3 branches grow on this tree and on each a few berries easily as big as a kobolds head. The berries are red with yellow and green dots. A sudden gust of wind shakes the tree and the whole vally is suddenly filled with strange giggling.
A few hils away he sees a hugh granite wall with clear signs of manipulation: a querry of sorts. A wooden shack stands in the middle of the querry but before he can sneak any further he sees something else. A gigant pile of crap. Whatever took a dump here can make his buissnes half as high as Krat. Krat retreats before he encounters the creater of crapzilla.

After walking around a bit an checking the suroundings Krat tries to find sonething usefull, but he is interrupted by a shadow from above. A bird with nearly complete black feathers and the wingspan of three kobolds rushed down on him his daggerlike claws comming closer.
Without a thought Krat starts running and feels somthing hitting his back with the force of a kroga-headbutt. He is lifted into the air a foot and with all his strenght and willpower he is able to rip the claws out of his own flesh. He falls down and picks up a even greater speed and after a minute or so he is sure his assilant does not follow him.

Nockit becomes increasingly excited. His efforts with his armors have gone exceedingly well so far. He redoubles his efforts and continues his work. It won't be long now.
After long hours of work his creation is finished. Full of pride he looks at his work. Artfully the wings overlap each other and create a black ripple while walking. Everything fits perfectly and all protected areas are always covered by at least 4 wings.
Proudly he walks around the mine and while at it he uses the passage from the room with the two ore veins to the granite wall for the first time. Halfway through it he stops. The cave walls here are just made of wood! A whole passage is covered with planks covered in wet clay and mold. On closer inspection there is something written in one of the planks. Looks like human language.
"Dangerous creatures! Keep Out!"

Click-Clank digs furiosly and suddenly he hears a voice. "Hey! We dug out a bit of the copperore. Care If we help you so we can smelt it real soon?"
Soon thereafter the rhythm of their pickaxes are accompanied by the voices of the happy kobolds singing a song together.

The time was certenly good invested. Three nice, strong shafts lie before Knickknack. They look like they could bear the force of a wild kroga swinging them down and he starts to imagine into what he could make them. "Knickknack? I think I am ready for guard duty. What weapon should I use?" Zi'it stands there his eyes full off ecitenment.

All kobold eat. -9x meat, cooked (warthog) -1x meat, cooked (rat) -1x meat, cooked (gigant spider) -8x meat jerkey [meat (cave lizard) / stone, soft (salt)]

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
.[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3(2) Intelligence 4 Wisdom 6 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] Durability 20
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 20 Durability 7
1x Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]
15x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
1x quiver [wood (ash)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 5 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
2 masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)] Durability 20
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Break: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
13x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
1x knive [metal (copper) / leather (cave lizard)] Break: 20 Durability: 4/6
quiver [wood (ash)]
good breast armor [leather (bat)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: BadgeAddict
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
Fearless Leader Score: 5
► Show Spoiler
Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 20 Durability 5/7
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
5x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
3x good pole [wood (ash)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]

Last edited by NewOneAround on Thu May 22, 2014 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM for a Kobold Mine

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 6 [one slot open]

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 22, 2014 7:44 am

Clink-Clank stops for a moment at the sound of voices and yells back "Yes you may help and soon we will have glorious tools or weapons made of High-Quality Copper in which to dig faster and slay our enemies" and then makes a high pitched yipping sound like Yi-Yi-Yiiiii.

A: Continue to dig path toward ore room until finished and then begin on "forge" room/area. Continue to sing digging/mining song.
P: ^Same as above.
T: Spell (Breathe weapon - Fire)
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri May 23, 2014 7:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu May 22, 2014 8:50 am

29! 1 away from fine, that is the worst. Oh well I was only shooting for good so I can't really complain.

With personal defense out of the way, Nockit turns his mind to the defense of the mine.

Active: Nockit will place a trap directly outside the hole the rats are coming in at J16, and convince a guard to check it routinely
Passive: Nockit will convince Ozt to train with his club.
training: ride (cha?)
► Show Spoiler
@ other Kobolds. Since we can make more use of the Hamster as a beast of burden, I wouldn't mind working on a harness (tailoring, my specialty), if someone wanted to make a plow or another tool (wood/metal/something else). Otherwise I might just make a saddle... eventually (my list of projects I want to engage is growing)
NewOneAround wrote:Chuck:
I have been careful to make no mistake.
Proud of you young padawan. You did well. So much so that I hate pointing out that the info for your on the hill tag is outside of the box... Now I just feel like a dick.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 22, 2014 9:01 am

NPC-Ranks
Common Standard creature
Craftsman +1 Skill-LVL
Expert +1 Skill-LVL, +1 Skill-LVL, +1 Stat-Point
Specalist +2 Skill-LVL, +1 Skill-LVL, +1 Skill-LVL, +1 Skill-LVL
Master +2 Skill-LVL, +2 Skill-LVL, +1 Skill-LVL, +1 Skill-LVL, +1 Stat-Point
You can encourage the kobold to become better miner(kobold, craftman (Mine 2 Stealth 1). How many do you want to do so?
That is no action.
Do you want to boost their productivity temporary you use
Active: Lead the kobold in mining the room
Passive:Mine myself

Craft - Metal is used to craft metal-weapons. Forge - Weapons is redundant.
Active: Nockit will place a trap directly outside the hole the rats are coming in at J16, and convince a guard to check it routinely
ride (cha?)
swich active and passive action and this is ok^^
ride hmm cha or dex I think about that.
Proud of you young padawan. You did well. So much so that I hate pointing out that the info for your on the hill tag is outside of the box... Now I just feel like a dick.
Edited it 7 mins before you posted :lol:
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu May 22, 2014 9:42 am

NewOneAround wrote:You can encourage the kobold to become better miner(kobold, craftman (Mine 2 Stealth 1). How many do you want to do so?
That is no action.
ride (cha?)
ok now I'm a little confused. Its a free action to convince someone to training mining skill, but I have to take an active to have Ozt train blunt?
ride hmm cha or dex I think about that.
if its dex I would highly prefer it for obvious reasons.
Edited it 7 mins before you posted :lol:
That's what I get for taking so long to post. :ninja:
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
NewOneAround wrote:You can encourage the kobold to become better miner(kobold, craftman (Mine 2 Stealth 1). How many do you want to do so?
That is no action.
ride (cha?)
ok now I'm a little confused. Its a free action to convince someone to training mining skill, but I have to take an active to have Ozt train blunt?
Order=free
persuade=action
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu May 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Yeah, now everything has clicked into place and I feel like a bit of a bonehead for not understanding till now. In that case I'm altering my actions slightly:

Free: Nockit will order Ozt to train with his club.
Active: Nockit will ask Zi'it to scout on a guard patrol of the immediate area surrounding the mine with him.
Passive: Nockit will place a trap directly outside the hole the rats are coming in at J16, and convince a guard to check it routinely
training: ride (cha or dex?)

now let me test my understanding of it:
Ordering Ozt to train: free/no skill
Asking Zi'it to come: part of the action/persuade skill
Overseeing the patrol with zi'it: part of the action/lead
► Show Spoiler
btw, gathers you're hogging all the spears. you mind spreading them out a little so our guards have something?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 pm

overseeing is the whole action. Instead of using your own skill you give all the kobolds with you a higher skill.
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu May 22, 2014 2:10 pm

ok, then nix the overseeing and just look myself.

Also new question: Does losing con affect rolls, or is just health?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Active: Krat hurries back into the mine
Passive: Mine the gold deposit
Training: knowledge magic
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 3 [one slot open]

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu May 22, 2014 11:33 pm

I wanted to use the spears as thrown weapons. Since they are not very suited for that, I was working on making javelins. I wanted to give up the spears as soon as my javelins are ready, anyways. But I guess you are right, it's good enough if I keep 1 or 2 of them for now. Or I could just grab a bow.

@ GM: You wrote one kobold makes plates out of chitin. Are you talking about dishes for eating or plate armor?
Also, can I now harden the javelin shafts with fire to improve their durability or something?

KnickKnack's actions:
Free: pass 2 spears to the guard team (one for Zi'it in any case) or drop them in the are where other tools/weapons are kept.Pick up a bow & 15 arrows. Change preset combat accordingly to shooting an arrow instead of throwing a spear.
Active: If the kobold is trying to make armor, guide him (I got at least crafting bone skill already. Let's hope the lead roll is lucky). If he is making dishes, KnickKnack will go outside and try to identify the already found berry bushes, watching out for birds and other dangers.
Passive: make one javelin head out of bone (rat) (1/3 turns)
Training: Ranged ÔÇô Throw (Dex)

And since I'm leanring my 10th skill on level 1 (or more) now, I'd like to take a point in charisma.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri May 23, 2014 12:10 am

Should probably point out there are no more bows. Krat and I each have one and the 3rd was turned into a fishing pole by Traknesh.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri May 23, 2014 12:38 am

ARGH why would anyone turn a WORKING WEAPON into a simple tool? :wall:
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Fri May 23, 2014 1:49 am

@Chuck: Con dmg effects rolls. As do buffs (if you discover some)

@Gathers: He is making dishes. Not everyone is as marital minded as you guys are. Some want some comfort.
And Traknesh does what seems to be a good idea. >:D :stab:
Fire hardening is only funcional for points and edges. You have no benefit from doing it, but make your weapon black. If you use a all-wood weapon it gives +1 Durability.
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri May 23, 2014 2:04 am

I'm not martial oriented. But I want to survive. So if I (or the colony as whole) - inevitably - run into something that wants to kill me/us, I want to be prepared.

And dishes are GREAT to have. :thumbsup: I just figured, if they don't turn out great, it will not make a live or die difference to someone. With armor, that's different, so I would have wanted to make sure it will turn out as good as possible.

And fishing to keep us all fed is a good idea, too, in principle. Just... dismantling ANYTHING that already has a function instead of just making the new item from scratch is... not very efficient with the goal in mind that we want to have everything we might need, i.e. as much/many as possible.

Besides, I would assume that the prerequisites for wood for a bow is much higher/demanding (or at least different) than for a simple fishing pole. But that might be more realistic than you might want to keep it. ;)

Anyways. I am keeping hold of 3 spears for now, until I got a few javelins to throw, and I would like to keep ONE spear in the end, anyways, so I got a melee weapon, too.
Also, gonna change to ranged (throw) instead of (bow).
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Fri May 23, 2014 6:59 am

Got another player.
Will add him with the next update.

@Badge - need your change of Training to update
GM for a Kobold Mine

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 23, 2014 7:07 am

^Changed to a spell

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat May 24, 2014 12:13 am

Turn 5

1. Player Actions

Active: Krat hurries back into the mine

Passive: Mine the gold deposit
[Mine (Wis) 2 Wis 6 Rolls: 2d6 Result: 7]
[R 7 S 7 D 10] ÔÇô ongoing 1XP
pickaxe Break 15: 56 - nothing

Training: knowledge magic +10XP Krat gains Knowledge ÔÇô Magic (Int) 1

Nockit

Active: Nockit will ask Zi'it to scout on a guard patrol of the immediate area surrounding the mine with him.
[Persuation [Cha] 0 Cha 3 Rolls 1d3 -2 (noskill) +5 (morale(fearless leader) +1 (fluff) Result: 5]
[R 5 S 5 D 10] ÔÇô failure +1XP
[Perception (Wis) 1 Wis 4 Rolls 1d4 Result 4]
R 4 S 4 D 5 ÔÇô failure 1XP. Nothing new.

Passive: Nockit will place a trap directly outside the hole the rats are coming in at J16, and convince a guard to check it routinely
[Knowledge - Defensive Strategies (Int) 1 Int 5 Rolls 1d5 +1 (fluff) Result 2]
R1 S 1 D 5 ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
[Persuade (Cha) 0 Cha 3 Rolls 1d3 -2 (noskill) +6 (morale(fearless leader) +1 (fluff) Result 7]
R 7 S 7 D 5 ÔÇô success +5XP Checking your rat trap is now part of guard duty.

training: ride (cha or dex?) +10XP Nockit gains Ride (Dex) 1

Click-Clank

A: Go back to digging out the forge area
[Mine (Wis) 2, Wis 4 Rolls: 2d4 +4 (kobold helper) +1 (fluff) Result: 10]
[R 55+10 S 65 D 70] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
pickaxe Break 15 : 17 ÔÇô nothing

P: Same as above
[Mine (Wis) 2, Wis 4 Rolls: 2d4 Result: 7]
[R 65+7 S 72 D 70] ÔÇô success +5XP
pickaxe Break 15 : 30 ÔÇô nothing

Mine from M17 to O17
[R 2 S 2 D 35] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
pickaxe Break 15 : 84 ÔÇô nothing

T: Spell: Dragonfire (Con) +10XP Click-Clank gains Spell: Dragonfire (Con) 1

KnickKnack

Active: KnickKnack will go outside and try to identify the already found berry bushes, watching out for birds and other dangers.
[Perception (Wis) 0 Wis 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (noskill) Result: 1]
R 1 S 1 D 3 ÔÇô failure +1XP you manage only to find one of the three kind of berries your scouts told you of.
[Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 1]
[R1 S 1 D 5] ÔÇô failure +1XP you better pocket a few to identify them later Gain 1x berries, unidentified (A)

Passive: make one javelin head out of bone (rat) (1/3 turns)

Craft spear head, bone
Skill Craft-Bone
Material: [1 bone]
Tool needed: [1 biface] or [1 knive]
Yield: 2 piece
Dificulty 3

[Craft ÔÇô Bone (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 Result: 1 Turn 1/3]
R 1 S 1 D 3 - ongoing

Training: Ranged ÔÇô Throw (Dex) +10XP KnickKnack gains Ranged ÔÇô Throw (Dex) 1

And since I'm leanring my 10th skill on level 1 (or more) now, I'd like to take a point in charisma.

Traknesh
Orders 1 extra Kobold to take a pick and help.
Active: Traknesh oversees the digging of his room
[Lead (Cha) 2 Cha 6 Rolls: 2d6 +5 (Moral Bonus [Fearless Leader]) Result: 10
[R 10 Sum: 10 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô success +5XP +2 Skill Miner

Passive: Make some Mint-Tea
[Craft ÔÇô Food (Int) 0, Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 0]
[R 0 Sum: 0 Dificulty: 1] ÔÇô failure +1 XP

Training: Knowledge ÔÇô Magic (Int) +10XP Traknesh gains Knowledge ÔÇô Magic (Int)1

2. NPC Actions
Pskal and 3 kobold cook
[43x meat (warthog), 10x meat (gigant spider)]
[Craft ÔÇô Cook (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 Result: 3]
[Craft ÔÇô Cook (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (noskill) Result: 1]
[R 3+1 S 4 D 53] ÔÇô Gain 4 meat, cooked (warthog)

2 Kobold miner dig with Click-Clank
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 1]
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 3]
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 78 ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 43 ÔÇô nothing

2 Kobold digs a room
[Mine (Wis) 3, Wis 4 Rolls: 3d4 Result: 6]
[Mine (Wis) 3, Wis 4 Rolls: 3d4 Result: 9]
[R3: 40+6+9 Sum: 55 Dificulty: 50] ÔÇô success
shovel Break: 20 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 89 ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 44 ÔÇô nothing

1 Kobold makes plates from spider chitin
[Craft-Bone (Int) 0 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 [no skill] Result 1 Round 3/10]
[R 2+1 S 3 D 15] - ongoing

Prisarz cares for this pet hamster and shares it.
[Farm (Wis) 2 Wis 5 Rolls 2d5 Result 7]
[R7+7 S 14 D 10] ÔÇô success Gain 2x wool (gigant hamster)

1 Kobold says he is realy dizzy and in pain and tries to sleep (-1 Con)

Ozt trains - failure

Zi'it stand guard

3. Event

Good: nothing good happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Neutral: A lightning storm roils over the landscape. There might be a chance a tree has been struck.

Bad: A strange, poisonous mushroom grows inside of your stored food. All of you food is spoiled.

4. Trader

No trader.

5. Wandering Monster

Krat encounters nothing.

Nockit encounters nothing.

KnickKnack encounters nothing.

Zi'it stand guard
And ge sees nothing.
He checks the trap. A rat has been caught. Gain 1x rat

Nockit, having become increasingly concerned with safety after recent events, decides to patrol the area. However, he decides its best if he doesn't go alone. Deciding Zi'it is the best choice he proceeds to ask him. "Zi'it, let's put those new skills of yours to use. How bout instead of just sitting in front of the cave we actually go out on patrol. What do you say? You don't want to leave my back unguarded, do you?""Sorry I can't. Somebody has to watch the entrance."

Clink-Clank stops for a moment at the sound of voices and yells back "Yes you may help and soon we will have glorious tools or weapons made of High-Quality Copper in which to dig faster and slay our enemies" and then makes a high pitched yipping sound like Yi-Yi-Yiiiii. Shortly after this the a slow, yet buitifull soung can be heard through the mine.

Swing. Hit. Pull. Earth falls down. Swing. Hit. ? Clink-Clank stopps his pickaxe hit no real resistance. A breaktrough! We made it! Great! Clean this entrance I look where to begin the nest tunnel."

One of your kobolds is realy ill. His scales turned a bit grey and he lies in the main room groaning and holding his stomach.

At dawn of a day a new kobold arrives. You know him its Ludo. Another gifted, that should have been sent with you on this expedition, but at the day your journey began he broke a leg and had to be sent back. "Aleek told me where to find you! Show me what you have done so far."

All kobold sated.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
.[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3(2) Intelligence 4 Wisdom 6 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] Durability 20
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 15 Durability 7
1x Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]
15x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
1x quiver [wood (ash)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 5 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
2 masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)] Durability 20
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Break: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
13x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
1x knive [metal (copper) / leather (cave lizard)] Break: 20 Durability: 4/6
quiver [wood (ash)]
good breast armor [leather (bat)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: BadgeAddict
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
► Show Spoiler
Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 15 Durability 5/7
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
3x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
3x good pole [wood (ash)]
1x bone (rat)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Ludo]
Player: eirikdaude
Color: olive
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 5 Charisma 3