Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Home to all current Forum Games.
NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 3 [one slot open]

Post by NewOneAround » Fri May 16, 2014 7:24 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
He thinks it might be a boar. He compares it to the description of it which he once heard but isn't sure. He asks KnickKnack Since he knows more about animals.
Sorry if it was confusing, but I was intending to try and identify it as well. The reason I asked KnickKnack is because I fully expected to fail my roll and he has the appropriate knowledge skill. (and I would have: 1d5 int -2 untrained +1 moral, best I could have managed was a 4)
[...]
Also KnickKnack's skills were not updated, and what is fearless leader score?
First off: you are great. Thx for finding my mistakes (no sacasm realy thx).
Sorry for misunderstanding. You get your +1XP in Knowledge - Creatures.
FLS is the amount of burning passion you fellow (lesser) kobold listen to your words. (i.e. the +X (Moral bonus [Fearless leader])) It raises by doing cool stuff and it drops for making bullshit. Killing something twice your size and bring it back to the mine: cool! Ripping some magical gems out of a stone and hold a speech of glory while red light glistens from your hand: cool! stealing from another kobold or the mine: not cool! order all kobold to drop their shit and dig that gold ore: not cool! digging into a underground river flooding 2/3 of the mine: not cool!
I think you get the idea... (being ripped into shreds by ogre: happens. being ripped into shreds by gnomes: not cool!)

i'd like if you ask for someone to make you passive action because you think he is more suited to do so to post a alternative passive action (you never know when I am bored and have time and start to write stuff^^)
GathersIngredients wrote: I would like the cooking pot, but I don't think that we have anything to offer that the trader would want in return. :(
well you got some spells, a gigant hamster, two fists full of shiny rocks, a fine iron sword, a few masterwork (starting) items, an almost unusable biface [modern art] I think a clever trader could offer something to get an iron couldron^^
Its not you dont have anything to trade. You have stuff you dont want to give away^^
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri May 16, 2014 8:07 am

NewOneAround wrote:First off: you are great. Thx for finding my mistakes (no sarcasm really thx).
That's what your friendly neighborhood pain in the ass is for. And you updated knowledge - creatures but not craft - bone. :ktongue: Just be glad I'm not on you for spelling and grammar, then you really would hate me. :fume:

alternative passive if someone else does the trading: Skin the rat my trap caught. Might get some gloves to go with my armor.

A thought occurs to me: that warhammer is probably better than Ozt's club. It might be a good weapon for our faithful meatshield.

Also sudden less serious thought... is that hamster big enough to ride?... HAMSTER RODEO!!!
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Fri May 16, 2014 8:43 am

^^ english is not my native language and most of the time I'm seriously tired - you are welcome to correct my grammar and syntax I am happy to learn, but plz PM me for this no need to clutter this thread with Grammar-Nazi-Posts
and plz no spelling corrections I know how to proofread a text and I am just to lazy to do it^^

well the hammer has a shaft made of stone and a head made of human bones (probably a skull affixed to a stalagnite or polished marmor rod) I did not calculate the stats but it is probably to hard to wield for the poor kroga (unless you order him to train fighting)

that hamster is about as big as a sheep. so yes you can rodeo him but hamster can clean themself on their backs so it would be more a wrestle...
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri May 16, 2014 9:16 am

NewOneAround wrote:^^ english is not my native language
I noticed you're in Germany so I assumed as much which is why I was ignoring the mistakes.
well the hammer has a shaft made of stone and a head made of human bones (probably a skull affixed to a stalagnite or polished marmor rod) I did not calculate the stats but it is probably to hard to wield for the poor kroga (unless you order him to train fighting)
Ah, I was imagining a bone shaft with a a stone head. But the actual description sounds less appealing. Never mind on trading for it. Hawl substitute indeed.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 16, 2014 4:55 pm

A:Clink-Clank will ask for other kobolds to help him dig and then continues to dig.
P: Takes 2 firestones to the trader to trade for the iron pot. (I offer 1 firestone to you for the pot, the other firestone is for future trading between us and the great dragon.)
T: Appraise (the knowledge of the value of things = should make trading easier)

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat May 17, 2014 12:38 am

BadgeAddict wrote:A:Clink-Clank will ask for other kobolds to help him dig and then continues to dig.
P: Takes 2 firestones to the trader to trade for the iron pot. (I offer 1 firestone to you for the pot, the other firestone is for future trading between us and the great dragon.)
T: Appraise (the knowledge of the value of things = should make trading easier)
Et tu BadgeAddict? Ita fiat!
So I am forced to tinker a value system together^^ plz dont be angry if this system is in constant flux. Could be a few updates until I am satisfied with it.

and mere trading is beneath the GREAT one. HE is gifted freely. HE takes that what he is not gifted. :lol:
Vixareticz is happy to get gifts in form of jewels, gems, gold, mithral,meteorite, human(oid) sacrifices, magical items and all other things 1. valuable 2. shiny 3. tasty
You can give your tribute (if its a small one like that gem) to the traders. They are totaly trustworthy (aka not stupid enought to steal from the great red dragon).
GM for a Kobold Mine

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 0 [one slot open]

Post by Theis2 » Sat May 17, 2014 8:11 am

Active action: Look for the creature
Passive action: Help Clink-Clank escavate the room.
Training: Knowledge nature and minerals
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat May 17, 2014 8:26 am

A few more questions:

How much durability does higher quality add to items. Is it a certain % or a set #?

How does repairing work?

And based on our new arrival it looks like its not training and leveling in types of magic (aka magic(int) or magic(cha)) but the actual spells themselves? Or am I misunderstanding that?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Sat May 17, 2014 9:03 am

Yay! Questions! :cheer:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: How much durability does higher quality add to items. Is it a certain % or a set #?
Fixed number. (good 5 fine 5 MW 10, but fine and masterwork items have a %-chance to ignore dmg.
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: How does repairing work?
You take one part material used in making the item. Craft - Check vs dificulty 1/2 of the base crafting. permanent durability -1

ChuckDaRighteous wrote: And based on our new arrival it looks like its not training and leveling in types of magic (aka magic(int) or magic(cha)) but the actual spells themselves? Or am I misunderstanding that?
that is totaly right. you learn by spell. your new NPC is a Hamster-Farmer. he captures and grooms hamster, shears them for wool and if he has pregnant females he can make hamster-cheese... if the need arises he can also charm your Mine-Rats but... well... why?^^
and while at it: spells are items made of 2 parts 'refined' raw material. the more the base materials fit into the spell the more charges (durability) they are quite hard to craft (high Dificulty) but a masterwork spell is worth it. (+10 charges %-chance no charge is used)(+10 durability means you can repair it 10 times more...)
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun May 18, 2014 6:55 pm

More pestering questions while we wait for the update.

When we craft things do we have to declare how many actions we intend to spend crafting or can we say until x quality? Or can we do either or?

We can encourage the average kobold into professions. Does this take an action or can we simply tell them we want them to train? I assume this also takes persuade or lead? Also can we directly tell them which skills to train or do we choose a job for them and they choose the appropriate skills?

What exactly does the forgefire spell we have do?

How does the healing spell work? (wondering if we should have someone trained as a healer just in case)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Mon May 19, 2014 1:34 am

Started writing on the update just now.

You got 4 spells right now.
Forgefire - You can fire your forge (or more than one) with this one. You make 1Forge/Turn hot. For every 5 points rolled Its another Forge or Turn. Passive Spell.
Healing - You can use this in two forms: 1. Passive Action to let 1 Kobold/Turn heal dmg without resting (5 Pints more = more kobold or more dmg) 2. Combat action to heal 1 Con damage with a Dificulty 10. If you got a poisoned/sick kobold the difficulty to cure him might be harder.
Revive - You can reanimate someone with this. Dificulty is 5 per turn he is dead. Active action.
Charm Rodent - well you can charm rodents in combat with this. nice to have when ... well... uhhm... a gigant hamster stampede happens?

You have to order them to do so and you can order them what to learn (welcome to kobmunism). They start to train and every round there is a chance to become more skilled. The first npc update comes fast and is without problems.

You have to declare how many turns you want to craft. ^^ Yes betting to low or getting crappy rolles can suck with this.
GM for a Kobold Mine

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Mon May 19, 2014 4:20 am

Turn 3

1. Player Actions

Krat
Active action: Look for the creature
You follow the tracks of the creature
[Perception (Wis) 4 (+2 from tool) +1 (Kobold helper) Wis 6 Roll 4d6 Result: 10]
[R1 10 S 10 D 15] ÔÇô failure +1XP
But you loose them in the meadows. You think they might lead to the far east. In the meantime starts to rain. You don't think you can find the tracks again.
[Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) 0 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (no skill) +0 (Kobold helper) Result: 2]
[R1 2 S 2 D 5] ÔÇô failure +1XP You still dont know that made the tracks.

See Wandering Monster

Passive action: Clink-Clank escavate the room.
[Mine (Wis) 2 Wis 6 Rolls: 2d6 Result: 6]
[R 6 S 18 D 70] ÔÇô ongoing +1 XP

Training: Knowledge nature and minerals +10XP Krat gains Knowledge Nature and Minerals (Int) 2

Nockit
Active action: finish butchering the warthog.
[Forage (Wis) 1 Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 4]
[R3: 8+4 S 12 D 10] ÔÇô finished +5XP Gain 52 meat 9 fur (warthog) 8 bones (warthog) 22 entrails (warthog) 4 horn (warthog)
knive Break 20 Rolls: 69 ÔÇô nothing

passive action: Skin the rat my trap caught.
[Forage (Wis) 1 Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 2]
[R1 2 S 2 D 1] finished +5 XP Gain 1 meat 1 fur (rat) 1 entrails (rat) Nockit gains Forage (Wis) 2
knive Break 20 Rolls: 15 ÔÇô -1 Durability

Training action: craft- tailor (int) +10XP Nockit gains Craft ÔÇô Tailor (Int) 2

Click-Clank
A: Clink-Clank will ask for other kobolds to help him dig and then continues to dig.
[Persuade (Cha) 1 Cha 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 2]
[R1 2 S 2 D 10 ÔÇô failed +1XP
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 3]
[R4 18+3 S 21 D 70] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
pickaxe Break 15 Rolls 1d100 Result: 62 ÔÇô nothing

Aleek
[Persuade 5 Cha 5 Rolls 5d5 Result: 18]
[Sense Motive 2 Wis 4 Rolls 2d4 Result 4]
Click-Klank
[Persuade 1 Cha 4 Rolls 1d4 Result: 2] failure +1 xp
[Sense Motive 0 Wis 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result 0] ÔÇô failure 1xp

T: Appraise (Int) +10xp Click-Clank gains Appraise (Int) 1

KnickKnack
Active: Ask helper kobold his/her name. Also, encourage them to train a level in Craft (food)
If he can do something on top of that (because it's like asking for help and thus a free action) take a knife and continue to cut up/butcher the spider body (try to safe poisonous gland, silk gland, other usable parts like mandibles, possibly pieces of its chitin shell for armor,...), make a fire and cook it (just place it close until it smells nicely, take away before it becomes black or smells burnt).

[Forage (Wis) 1 Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 4]
[R 7+4 S 11 D 10] ÔÇô success +5XP Gains 11 meat (gigant spider) 9 chitin (gigant spider) monster part, silk gland (gigant spider) KickKnack gains Forage (Wis) 2

[parts like the mandibles are counted inside the chitin. If you want to make something out of them (spearheads, jewelery, etc) fluff it out, if you realy want the mandibles as item write so you get them for your own inventory]
This spider does not seem to have a gland to produce venom.

Passive: Continue to make wooden shafts out of the ash wood he found ( second of 5 turns)
Craft pole, wood
Skill Craft-Wood
Material 1 wood
Tool needed x
Yield 3 pieces
Dificulty 5

[Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 4 Round 2/5]
[R1: 2+4 Sum: 6 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP

training: Cut Tree (Wis) +10xp KnickKnack gains Cut Tree (Wis) 1

Traknesh
Active: Traknesh oversees the digging of his room
[Lead (Cha) 1 Cha 6 Rolls: 1d6 +5 (Moral Bonus [Fearless Leader]) Result: 10
[R 10 Sum: 10 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô success +5XP +2 Skill Miner Tracknesh gains Lead (Cha) 2

Passive: Make a fishing pole out of 1 shortbow in 3 Turns
[Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) 0, Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 1 Round 3/3]
[R 4+1 Sum: 5 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô success +5 XP Gain fishing pole [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]

Training: Lie (Cha) +10XP Traknesh gains Lie (Cha) 2

2. NPC Actions
Krats companion comes scouting with him
[Perception (Wis) 0, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 1]
[Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) 0, Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 0]

Training Craft ÔÇô Cook ÔÇô success Pskal is now a Craftman

2 Kobolt mine copper
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 4]
[R: 8 +3 +4 S: 15 D: 10] Gain 1 ore, high quality (copper)
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 21 ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 63 ÔÇô nothing

2 Kobold dig a room
[Mine (Wis) 3, Wis 4 Rolls: 3d4 Result: 5]
[Mine (Wis) 3, Wis 4 Rolls: 3d4 Result: 6]
[R3: 14 + 5 + 6 Sum: 25 Dificulty: 50] ÔÇô ongoing
shovel Break: 20 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 8 - -1 Durability the shovel breaks!
shovel Break: 20 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 88 ÔÇô nothing

1 Kobold carryes stuff inside

1 Kobold slackes off.

Prisarz cares for this pet hamster.

1 kobold builds a fireplace in the main room.

1 Ozt + 2 Kobold stand guard

3. Event

Good: nothing good happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Neutral: nothing neutral happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Bad: nothing bad happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

4. Trader

Aleek trades her iron pot for 2 firestones and seems happy.
She leaves the mine and says she trys to get some good stuff for next time.

5. Wandering Monster

Krat encounters something
Krats combat preset is set for killing things that are weaker than him, but monster is certenly not. They run (or walk since it does not follow them) away.
[Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) 0 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result 0] ÔÇô failure 1XP

Ozt and the two kobold stand guard
[Perception 0 Wis 1 Rolls 1d1 -2 (no skill) Result 0]
[Perception 0 Wis 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result 1]
[Perception 0 Wis 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result 2]
[R 1+2 S 3]
[Stealth (Dex) 2 Dex 5 Rolls 2d5 Result: 6]

And they see nothing.

First the two thought is was a stone monolith of sorts but as they got closer they coud see the stone is a 12' high reptile.
Krat turns to his companion: What in the name of everything scaly is that thing. It's as big as a tree!
The other kobold shrugs: "Dunno know. But seems not to be dangerous."
It's whole body is coveres in a thick scaleplating and it eats the grass of the meadow. Not sure what to do they walk away.

NoNoNo. There gems are not even cut! No way to be sure what quality they are. And look at this great couldron! Its high quality Iron. Improted from the Deep Dwarfes and of highest koboldian craftmanship! Lets see if you give me both of the stone I could perhaps get something else for it. But if I have nothing to trade for you next time I visit I make YOU take the responsibility for this
Click-Clank seems a bit confused by the fast talking, nice smelling female kobold trader and is happy to get the cooking pot.

Hey how is your name? KnickKnack looks at the lesser kobold. "I'm Pskal." You know Pskal... we need someone to cook our meals. You have to think how to make tasty food! And better be fast unless you want us starving.
"Yes, KnickKnack, as you ordered." Pskal walks away and gathers information about cooking from all other kobolds in the mine.

All kobold are sated.

► Show Spoiler
.[tabs: In front of the cave]
Resources:
1x rat

Spells:

Active Traps:
2x masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)]

[tabs: Ore Room]
Resources:
3x ore, high quality (copper)
[tabs: 1st Room]
Tools:
4x pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)]
2x Shovel [hard wood (oak), fire hardend / hard wood (oak]
15x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
2x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 1/2
8x knive [metal (copper) / leather (cave lizard)]
2x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
1x rope, 15' [leather (cave lizard)]
1x masterwork anvil [metal (meteoritide)] Durability 85
1x almost unusable biface [stone, soft (siltstone)]
1x cooking pot, large [metal (iron)]
1x crude loom [wood (ash)]
1x fine sword [metal (iron)]
1x fine refining tools [metal (copper) / semi-pecious gem (rock crystal)]

Foodstuff:
5x stone, soft (salt)
36x meat jerkey [meat (cave lizard) / stone, soft (salt)]

Recources:
4x stone, soft (siltstone)
5x magical gem (firestone)
1x mammal, medium, unidentified
15x firewood
4x herb, unidentified
1x stone, hard (flint)
5x silk (gigant spider)
2x bone (rat)
4x bone (bat)
1x leather (bat)
52x meat (warthog)
9x fur (warthog)
8x bone (warthog)
22x entrail (warthog)
4x horn (warthog)
1x meat (rat)
1x fur (rat)
1x entrails (rat)
6x herb, unidentified [A]
5x bolt of cloth [wool (hamster, gigant)]
5x assorted trapparts [metal (copper)]

Container:
6x bag [leather (cave lizard)]
1x barrel [wood (ash) / metal (iron)]
1x barrel, small [wood (ash) / metal (iron)]
1x quiver [wood (ash)]

Spells:
1x Spell: Forgefire [refined magical gem (firestone) / rare wood (firelife)]
1x Spell: Healing [refined water (molten snow) / refined herb, poison (stinging nettle)]
1x Spell: Revive [refined blood (red dragon) / refined magical gem (earthbone)]

[tabs: Stone Room]

Recources:
11x meat (gigant spider)
9x chitin (gigant spider)
1x monster part, silk gland (gigant spider)[/tabs]

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

.[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 6 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] Durability 20
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 20 Durability 7
1x Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]
1x quiver [wood (ash)]

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 5 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
2 masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)] Durability 20
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Break: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
13x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
1x knive [metal (copper) / leather (cave lizard)] Break: 20 Durability: 5/6
quiver [wood (ash)]

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: BadgeAddict
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
Fearless Leader Score: 5

► Show Spoiler

Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 20 Durability 6/7

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
5x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
1x wood (ash)

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon May 19, 2014 5:02 am

KnickKnack's actions:

Free: Ask Pskal to cook the spider meat (and, if the slayer of the warthog (Nockit?) doesn't object, the warthog meat, too)
Active: Find the kobold that slacked off last round, ask them their name and instruct them to learn perception (We need someone to stand watch with Ozt , who will actually SEE things. ^^*)
Passive: Continue to make wooden shafts out of the ash wood he found ( third of 5 turns)

training: Spell:Charm Rodent (Wis) - if Prisarz has time and is willing to help by teaching, listen to him

► Show Spoiler
Question: Can we even LEARN (training) a spell without someone or something (scroll) to teach us? Also will the learning already need us to have those spell components?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon May 19, 2014 5:18 am

Shoot I didn't notice leather among the spoils. Do I have to refine the fur hide or am I just out of luck? And I'm assuming the bat leather won't work.

Also can we get the associated stat for those spells? I know charm rodent is wis, but I know it varies by spell.

And yes gathers I have no objections to the cook taking the meat
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Mon May 19, 2014 5:34 am

GathersIngredients wrote: Question: Can we even LEARN (training) a spell without someone or something (scroll) to teach us? Also will the learning already need us to have those spell components?
you are kin to dragon. you ar magic ;) all spells you know you can learn
this includes:
Identity - active - Identifies something -> Int
Dragonskin - passive - Gives Soak -> Con
Dragonfire - weapon - Deals fire Damage -> Con
Summon lesser [fire, acid, earth] Elemental - passive - Summons a elemental (must be activated as Passive Action every turn or it vanishes) -> Cha
Create lesser Undead - aktive - Creates a Zombie or Skeleton. You can control up to Wisdom+Constiution Undead -> Con
Forgefire - passive - Fuels smelter and forges -> Con
Enchant - active - Adds minor enchantments to Items -> Wis
Poison - active - Poisons Items (Weapons, foodstuff) -> Int
Healing - passive, weapon - weapon: heals a constitution damage to one creature in combat, passive heals more than one creature -> Wis
Blind - weapon - blinds a creature -> Int
(taken from recruitment post)
revive -> Wis
charm rodent -> (do not know why i wrote wis) Cha

and for my personal imagination spells must not be scrolls. totems, medicine bags, runecoverd bones, small metal plates with holes in it... all and everthing a mage, kabbalist, shaman, druid, witch, dragon or devil would use to put a bit magic in^^

fur hide + knife (or other shaving tool) + mild acid/tanning material -> leather
and you can craft a leather armor from bat leather... imagine layering and stuff^^ i did not want to make the durability of items depending on the type of leather (except in cases of special leather... dragon, troll, angel) - not even dwarf fortress does that and I am way behind of hit points for eyelids :P
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon May 19, 2014 6:26 am

Awesome:

I'm going to spend 4 actions crafting leather armor (with average rolls that should end up at 24 or 240% good quality, and with a little luck possibly fine)

Active Action: craft armor
Passive action: continue crafting armor.
training action: perception (wis) (so the hunter does not become the hunted)
► Show Spoiler
To my fellow Kobolds:
We should start having some of these guys training towards different roles within the mine. I mapped out a few ideas on what direction to send our guys in, though I only went to the specialist rank, Didn't go to master since we may change our thinking after seeing it in practice.
► Show Spoiler
Thoughts?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon May 19, 2014 9:19 am

A: Go back to digging out the forge area
P: Same as above
T: Metal Crafting (Specifically weaponry)

(Edited)
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Tue May 20, 2014 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Mon May 19, 2014 10:14 am

I have bad news for you badge.
NewOneAround wrote: 1. PC Actions
Every PC can do three things per Turn.
Active Action (Scouting, Fighting a Wandering Monster with known location, visiting a location, Casting a Active Spell, ect)
Passive Action (Crafting, Casting a Passiv Spell, Foraging, Barter with trader ect)
Training Action (gain xp in a skill you did not use. Can not be highest two skills or tied with them)
GM for a Kobold Mine

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 4 [one slot open]

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:48 am

Active action: Attempt to identify the herbs
Passive action: Continue mining the passage
Training: forage
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 5 [one slot open]

Post by NewOneAround » Tue May 20, 2014 6:18 am

Turn 5

1. Player Actions

Krat
Active action: Attempt to identify the herbs
[Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 2 Int 4 Rolls 2d4 Result: 5]
[R 5 S 5 D 5] ÔÇô success +5 XP
The herb, unidentified A is actually a herb, medical (mint)
[Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 2 Int 4 Rolls 2d4 Result: 5]
[R 5 S 5 D 5]- success +5 XP
The herb, unidentified B is actually a herb, poison (wolfbane)

minimalism at its finest -.-

Passive action: Continue mining the passage
[Mine (Wis) 2, Wis 6 Rolls: 2d6 Result: 9]
[R 21+9 S 30 D 70] ÔÇô ongoing 1xp
pickaxe Break 15 Rolls 1d100 Result: 29 ÔÇô nothing

Training: forage +10XP Krat gains Forage (Wis) 1

Nockit
Active Action: craft armor (4 Turns) (leather (bat))
Craft armor, leather
Skill Craft-Tailor
Material: [1 leather]
Tool needed: [hot water][1 knive]
Yield: 1 piece
Dificulty 10

[Craft ÔÇô Tailor (Int) 2 Int 5 Rolls 2d5 +1 (Fluff) Result 9 Round 1/4]
[R 9 S 9 D 10] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
knive break 20 Result: 17 - -1 Durability

Passive action: continue crafting armor.

[Craft ÔÇô Tailor (Int) 2 Int 5 Rolls 2d5 Result 8 Round 2/4]
[R 9+8 S 17 D 10] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
knive break 20 Result: 51 - nothing

training action: perception (wis) (so the hunter does not become the hunted) +10XP Noackit gains Perception (Wis) 1

Click-Clank

A: Go back to digging out the forge area
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 4]
[R 30+4 S 34 D 70] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
pickaxe Break 15 Rolls 1d100 Result: 10 ÔÇô -1 Durability

P: Same as above
[R 34+3 S 37 D 70] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP Click-Clank gains Mine (Wis) 2 Yay halfway!
pickaxe Break 15 Rolls 1d100 Result: 61 ÔÇô nothing

T: Metal Crafting (Specifically weaponry) +10 XP Click-Clank gains Craft ÔÇô Metal 1

KnickKnack
Ask Pskal to cook the spider meat (and, if the slayer of the warthog (Nockit?) doesn't object, the warthog meat, too)
Persuade D 0 "Uhhm thats what I actually wanted to do after learning how to do it..."
Active: Find the kobold that slacked off last round, ask them their name and instruct them to learn perception (We need someone to stand watch with Ozt , who will actually SEE things. ^^*)
[Persuade (Cha) 0 Cha 3 Rolls: 1d3 -2 (noskill) +2 +5 (bad conscience, fearless leader) Result: 8]
[R 8 S 8 D 5] ÔÇô success +5 XP KnickKnack gains Persuade (Cha) 1
Passive: Continue to make wooden shafts out of the ash wood he found ( third of 5 turns)
[Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 1 Round 3/5]
[R1: 6+1 Sum: 7 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP

training: Spell:Charm Rodent (Wis) - if Prisarz has time and is willing to help by teaching, listen to him +10 XP Spell:Charm Rodent (CHA) (sorry bout that. Mind contol is cha...) (if you dont want this spell pick another training)

Traknesh
Active: Traknesh oversees the digging of his room
[Lead (Cha) 2 Cha 6 Rolls: 2d6 +5 (Moral Bonus [Fearless Leader]) Result: 11
[R 11 Sum: 11 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô success +5XP +2 Skill Miner

Passive: Go fishing in Cave Pond
[Forage (Wis) 0, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 0]
[R 0 Sum: 5 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô failure +1 XP
fishing pole break 20 Result: 21 - nothing

Training: Sense Motive (Wis) +10XP Traknesh gains Sense Motive (Wis) 1

2. NPC Actions
Krats companion dont want to dig and dont want to look at herbs looks for something else to do.

Pskal and 3 kobold that think eating fresh cooked meat sound good.
[52x meat (warthog), 1x meat (rat), 11x meat (gigant spider)]
[Craft ÔÇô Cook (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 Result: 3]
[Craft ÔÇô Cook (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (noskill) Result: 0]
[Craft ÔÇô Cook (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (noskill) Result: 1]
[Craft ÔÇô Cook (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (noskill) Result: 0]
[R 3+1 S 4 D 64] ÔÇô Gain 3 meat, cooked (warthog) 1 meat, cooked (rat)

2 Kobold mine copper
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 2]
[R: 5+3+2 S: 10 D: 10] Gain 1 ore, high quality (copper)
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 21 ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 63 ÔÇô nothing

1 Kobold digs a room
[Mine (Wis) 3, Wis 4 Rolls: 3d4 Result: 9]
[R3: 25 + 9 Sum: 34 Dificulty: 50] ÔÇô ongoing
shovel Break: 20 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 93 ÔÇô nothing

1 Kobold Training ÔÇô failure

1 Kobold starts making plates from spider chitin he will craft 10 turns
Craft plates, bone
Skill Craft-Bone
Material [1 bone]
Tool needed: fire
Yield: 5 pieces
Dificulty 15
[Craft-Bone (Int) 0 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 [no skill] Result 1 Round 1/10]
[R 1 S 1 D 15] - ongoing

Prisarz cares for this pet hamster and lets it graze outside the cave.

1 Ozt + 2 Kobold stand guard

3. Event

Good: nothing good happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Neutral: nothing neutral happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Bad: nothing bad happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased
► Show Spoiler
4. Trader

5. Wandering Monster
Ozt and the two kobold stand guard
And they see nothing.

2 Kobold dig copper
Sum of perception over the last few round reached dificulty.
The rats of your cave have their rat hole in J16 (in direction J17).

Hey you! Could it be that you have been slacking? Whats your name? The kobold looks nervous "Zi'it. I .. umm [Lie 0 Cha 3 Result 0] I hurt my ankle and uhh had to rest?" His eyes wander around restlessly, you can see he does not want to be here. "How about you try to be usefull while doing nearly nothing? Standing guard in front of the cave with Ozt. And pretty please... make sure you SEE something before you do so. "Yesyes. Will do so." Looking reliefed the kobold scurries away.

After butchering the warthog Nockit carries the fur, tusks and bones into a corner of the main room. His eyes chatches the dozends of bat wings packed there. A few kobold can see the glimmer in his eyes. Nockit can barely contain his excitement. Armor! Soon he will show up all those other Kobolds. Yes he will have a pretty suit of armor soon. He gets to work immediately. He throws out of his mind the distraction of other pursuits and focuses solely on this one goal. Armor!

The main room of you cave is busy indeed. A few kobold heat water in a big couldron and they start cooking the meat you gathered another few run in and out carrying earth and stones from varoius excavation sites in your mine. Two cobold sit near the fire working on different projects, both needing the fire or the hot water. One kobold shouts to anothone digging on one wall. And everywhere you hear the busy yipping of happy koboldian worker.

All kobold are hungry.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
.[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 6 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] Durability 20
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 20 Durability 7
1x Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]
1x quiver [wood (ash)]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 5 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
2 masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)] Durability 20
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Break: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
13x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
1x knive [metal (copper) / leather (cave lizard)] Break: 20 Durability: 4/6
quiver [wood (ash)]
leather (bat)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: BadgeAddict
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
► Show Spoiler
Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 20 Durability 5/7
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
5x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
1x wood (ash)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]

Random thought I want to hear your opinion to:
Moral in the Mine
all of you get their Fearless Leader bonus on Cha-Based-Skills vs kobolds in the mine (well except agains your fellow gifted kobolds)

when you reach a goal everyone in the mine is looking for all kobold gain +1d4 morale bonus and its lost by one/turn
I can think of following things giving this bonus in the next time:
- completing the forge
- defining a common room complete with sleeping areas (fur, wool, cloth, bedrolls, bed, hammocks)
- getting a guard (about 3 kobold (and/or) kroga who can use and have weapons)
- getting a shrine to the GREAT ONE
- getting a reception room (room to show traders and visitors that you got the money)

adding to that:
Kobold sated. Kobold hungry. Kobold eats. - normal
Kobold sated. Kobold eats. - +1 (moral(well fed))
kobold sated. Kobold hungry. Kobold realy hungry. Kobold eats. -1 (moral(hungry))

having nothing to eat for longer results in poor starving unhappy kobolds distrusting your leadership. (with weapons)
Last edited by NewOneAround on Thu May 22, 2014 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM for a Kobold Mine

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:45 am

Krat will ask fellow kobolds to join him scouting the hills.

Active: move to the hills and scout
Passive: Forage
Training: foraging

After training foraging I consider learning the enchanting spell, and use it on our equipment. I was thinking of using the firestones, since they are magical but do they need to be refined first to find out what quality they are before they can be used as a spell component? Or do you have another recipe for the enchant spell?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue May 20, 2014 7:26 am

Active action: Continue crafting armor
Passive action: Finish crafting armor
training action: armor(con)
► Show Spoiler
So I had an idea for a trap and the appropriate recipes. Been looking on youtube for a particular clip of what I wanted. Ended up getting sidetracked by a bunch of how-to videos on traps (some of which are illegal). I'll give you the full idea when I get the clip I want. But for now:
► Show Spoiler
Me being a pain in the ass:
► Show Spoiler
And I actually was thinking of making a bedazzling jeweled shrine... as bait for an insanely complex and deadly trap for enemies.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Tue May 20, 2014 7:40 am

crafting a spell you use any two materials.
if you make an enchant spell from refined clay and refined water you dont have to be surprised it has only durability 1.
firestone is magical equals higher durability for spells. it is better suited to build fire spells (even higher durability).
you need a second material to craft the enchant spell.
to refine stuff: Knowledge - Magic (Int)
to craft the spell: skill in this spell.
refine 1 [whatever] has Dificulty 15
Craft Spell Circle 1 [most of the spells you know]
Dificulty 25
KnickKnack is missing the point in con she gained. (btw being different gender than your character makes me pause on every pronoun) Mistake from way back when we all gained a stat point but even I missed that.
the spoiler tags on KnickKnacks' combat presets are not working (punctuation messes up the tags)
Changed in my notes will update corectly.
We should no longer have {1x mammal, medium, unidentified} as its been identified and butchered
your chance to gain unlimited KnowCreature and Forage XP - fixed ;)
Traknesh's character stats are nowhere
This is correct. Do you need an information about him? Ask him yourself :P

Counter-weight (heavy/large)
Components: Bag + rocks/clay/dirt + rope
Skill: ?
Difficulty: low

Trip-wire
Components: Spider silk
Skill: tailoring
Difficulty: low
I think I can imagine what you want to build^^ Counter-weight would be Craft - Stone (main component)
In your welcomegift were some trapparts (stuff you can build a sophisticated trap from: trigger plates + crossbow, trigger + swinging blades, pittrap door etc)
GM for a Kobold Mine

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue May 20, 2014 8:33 am

A & P: Continue to dig, Sing a digging song to encourage the other kobolds who are helping
T: Perception

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue May 20, 2014 1:08 pm

KnickKnack's actions:
Free: Since I just noticed that the hamster 'looks fluffy' now, KnickKnack'd tell Prisarz to shear him (if Prisarz needs that reminder. If he does it automatically, while taking care of his hamster, I don't want KnickKnack to bother him).
Active: Continue to make wooden shafts out of the ash wood he found ( fourth of 5 turns)
Passive: Continue to make wooden shafts out of the ash wood he found ( fifth of 5 turns)
Training: Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int)

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler