Newcomers Check-in!

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Newcomers Check-in!

Post by Krulle » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:15 am

Welcome 1ree, ranger, reed, or however you'd like to be called.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

CelekDraco
Remains Silent

Post by CelekDraco » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi! Long time reader, first time register-er. Not a bot.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:41 pm

Welcome Celek. Enjoy the forum, and I hope you find us interesting. Glad to hear you're not a bot. The ban-hammer scares me.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:42 am

Oh, yes. Do fear the ban-hammer.
Although it does not really work.... Most of the time it gets swung, and people do feel threatened by it, but our mods simply do touch it only as a last resort, and without their magic touch, the ban-hammer has no effect....

Welcome, Celek.

Justme
Remains Silent

Post by Justme » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:38 am

Hi, I'm new. :paranoia:
I just spent 2 days reading Goblins, and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life (the answer may be to reread Goblins). This is the first forum I've even looked at, so this'll be interesting.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:05 am

Welcome...

Most goblinites do massive amounts of speculation on the forum...

Me, I tend to just hang out playing games because...

Games!
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Justme wrote:Hi, I'm new. :paranoia:
I just spent 2 days reading Goblins, and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life (the answer may be to reread Goblins). This is the first forum I've even looked at, so this'll be interesting.
Welcome!
Once you know what to do with your life you won't be new anymore, so enjoy it while it lasts.

NN1
Remains Silent
UStream Username: NN1

Post by NN1 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi. I've been reading Goblins for a while. I only started playing D&D in 3.5, but have been playing rpgs since then. I've played:
  • D&D 3.5e and 5e (tried 4e a couple times, but didn't like it)
  • ACKS (a variation on 2nd ed DND)
  • Pathfinder (a variation on 3.5 DND, far more balanced and streamlined, but still the DND you know and love)
  • Hero System
  • Call of Cthulhu (Chaosium, not d20)
  • Classic Deadlands not d20, I've found that the linear HP progression in D20 systems tends not to do as well with horror games)
  • Savage Worlds
  • A little Eclipse Phase
  • Some Exalted (White Wolf system)
  • Burning Wheel
  • Paranoia (not too much, not sure of edition)
  • Some Dark Heresy
I think that's all of them. Some games were hack-and-slash, other more diplomacy-based (GMs tended to change). Once I was a ghoul bard diplomat travelling across a continent of monster communities with a bat-riding goblin-gunslinger, a Lawful Neutral Kech Inquisitor, a flying fey-raptor druid, and a multiclass quickling obsessed with increasing his speed (lawful barbarian/cleric/monk, his starting build took all classes that increase base movement, even though it meant an alignment change that meant no barbarian rage). We were diplomats trying to make a sort of monster United Nations, often solving local problems to persuade monster communities to join us. We were one of the most peaceful and reasonable party of adventures you could meet. We just happened to eat people when they died.

Sorry for the tangent, I just wanted a brief RP story, but it got away with me.

Donathin
Remains Silent

Post by Donathin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:31 pm

Hi folks. I'm a long-time reader of Goblins (and forum lurker), but I've just recently started my own webcomic and figured it might be time to introduce myself. To pay my rent, I bartend, act and direct in Columbus, Ohio. Very excited to be here and to get to know folks!

Also, I'm sort of loving D&D 5e. Been DMing a sprawling original world campaign with 5e for about two years now, and it's gotta be my favorite ruleset since Advanced (which I probably only love because of rose-tinted glasses ... and Ravenloft).

hisnamehere
Remains Silent

Post by hisnamehere » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:46 am

I'm new.
I have view(s).
I wear not one shoe
But two.
Don't sue.

And can I be pointed toward the current standing of G:AR? Been a while since I queried.

Cheers.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Hello to all of you! Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy it here.

Also, hisnamehere, as best as I can remember, Thunt is finishing up G:AR on his own, and will send it to the backers once he is finished creating it. I'm not sure if it will be available for retail sale after that. I'm sure somebody else can give a better answer though. I haven't been paying close attention to it.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Welcome, hisnamehere!

He has most cards done, see G:AR thread in my signature.
I've collected the images from his tweets.
There are still issues how it'll be published, as the project creator gave up, and the rights to the game fell back to Thunt, who feels obliged to deliver. But does not know how to pay for that.
The tweet with the announcement of the last blog post on that topic:
The contract to be signed in that blog post refers to a signature for a company to provide Goblins miniatures.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:13 am

Thunt told us already (maybe it was on live stream, i don't remember) that there is a company that will print & sell G:AR, and they'll send all the backers the game for free. However, it's not revealed yet, what that company is.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 am

I've not seen such an announcement, so thanks for bringing this forward.
So the contract to be signed in the above mentioned blog post does possibly not refer to the miniatures, although that was also announced shortly after the blog post.
Possibly it is the same company, doing the cards and the miniatures in exchange for less royalties.

BTW: possibly you'll find this tweet also interesting:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Currently the only playable copy of Goblins: Alternate Realities, in existence. I'm SO close to being done the art.

ONX
Remains Silent

Post by ONX » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:51 pm

Hello there, I am a long long time reader of Goblins and years ago I was somewhat active on the forums. I found this comic as a web comic enthusiast who had never played D&D due to being raised in a stereo typically uptight christian household. I fell in love with the story and between this and watching Critical role got into D&D 5e and last moth just started DM'ing my first party! I figured I should get back into this community as I will most likely need to mine it for ideas after the first 5 or so storylines I have in my head play out lol. I am looking forward to chatting with you all and making some new friends!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Hey, ONX!
There's a quite big forum for games, and game ressources.
Have fun!

PhoenixBard
Mutters to Themself

Post by PhoenixBard » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 am

PhoenixBard here. I like the idea of a bird that comes back (think Harry Potter) and Bard cause i like music.

PhoenixBard
Mutters to Themself

Post by PhoenixBard » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:03 am

PS: Ive also played "The Bard" game and its great. the one that's the complete addition, the newer one.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:08 pm

Welcome PhoneixBard...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:57 pm

Hello! I got into Goblins a year or so ago (caught up with the archives now :-D). I "followed" Aegis back from another forum where he ran Civilization, because you guys have fun forum games that aren't just more D&D, and I surely will try to get a spot if I can!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:03 am

Welcome, and may the Dice be with You!

Lingo
Remains Silent

Post by Lingo » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Hello. Long-time reader. I've been reading since the Goblins entered Brassmoon. ( I think the comic "Something Positive" posted a link.) I had a previous account on one or both of the last two forums (fora?), but didn't post too often.

I hope you all are doing well. I don't read the forums very often, but I've been finally driven to register because it's driving me crazy that Complains has not yet reacted to losing his +1 sword. :?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:49 pm

Welcome Lingo!

Yes, he has lost hat sword, but +1 isn't much bonus, he will find better loot soon.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:00 am

Welcome newcomers...you should play forum games instead of writing comments in the community...Yay!

AceJayce
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by AceJayce » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:04 am

Ages-long Goblins reader, avid tabletop and computer/whatever player. Tend to lurk a lot.
Was registered on the forum (long tome ago), had to register a new one using another email, it seems it was deactivated for inactivity (had some heavy RL issues last years, so yeah).
Glad to be back ^_^