Newcomers Check-in!

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Newcomers Check-in!

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:48 am

I don't think Thunt profits more from physical copies than from ebooks.
The company selling the eBooks runs nearly no risk in putting them into their shelf. They likely only pay after each sold copy.
The company which puts the physical copies in a shelf runs more risk: they paid upfront for the printing, and must get in that money first. Likely this is offset by a smaller fee per copy sold.

But then, the physical copies are based on a higher quality image set than the PDF's. And books 3 and 4 are not yet available as eBooks [1].

Many of us are waiting for Thunt to undertake the task of getting physical books ready.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Shax
Remains Silent

Post by Shax » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:25 pm

Sup hey! Been reading since about when the Maze of Many was being focused on. Great comic(duh) so I figured I'd sign up to the forums. I have literally no idea how active I'll be.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:47 am

Dun matter, welcome anyway!
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

HappyCatDragon
Mutters to Themself

Post by HappyCatDragon » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Hello, so after a really long time of haunting the various iterations of the forum i now have been convinced by askstoomanyquestions on the picarto chat to join the forum :)

I'm probably not going to be the most active member but hey at least i'm now not only lurking in the shadows.

about me... I'm a catdragon and i happen to live in berlin germany.

I sleep alot and love to cook.

if you want to know more about me i'm happy to talk =^.^=

hope you are all doing well :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Willkommen, Gl├╝cklicherKatzenDrachen!

Feel at home, we have plenty of nooks for all different tastes, so just feel at home!

HappyCatDragon
Mutters to Themself

Post by HappyCatDragon » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Haha thanks :) in german it just doesn't feel right, like so many things XD

I really like english more than german, don't ask me why i don't really know myself

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:51 pm

It's much easier to spell, and don't even have me start about grammar....

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Welcome...from people who don't live in Europe...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

nublus93
Remains Silent

Post by nublus93 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:35 am

Hi y'all! I'm new :). I've been reading a while and I usually check in here every once in a while to see what the news. I checked in here a lot while Thunt was on hiatus. So glad he's better now :)
How is everyone?
Sorry for the late post, I just joined literally now :D

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:41 am

Welcome nublus.

TheKameru
Remains Silent
UStream Username: TheKameru

Post by TheKameru » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Hey all!

I've already met a few of you in the live drawing.

I'm not sure what your names are in the forum, but special hi to Cea, Toast, Hats, Bio, Cats, Happycat, Asks, Benbo, and everyone else I've already met : D

n-Guy
Remains Silent

Post by n-Guy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:19 pm

long-time reader, first-time poster. I wanted to ask a question on the kliks (it's also on the kiks page). When Klik gives Dies a new hand ("Dies new hand" http://www.goblinscomic.org/04072006/) Dies can sense that doing so is forbidden and Klik could/would be killed for doing so. Why then do all of the Kliks patch up Forgath when he fall off the bridge?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:42 am

Welcome TheKameru and n-Guy.

n-Guy, for wild, speculative answers, see your post in the appropriate thread.

Have fun, everyone!

Bell
Remains Silent

Post by Bell » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Hello! Finally finished catching up on this marvelous webcomic! I look forward to discussing it with everyone here!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:00 am

Welcome, Bell.
Please do. There are plenty of threads around to gossip about the latest pages, to make wild predictions of what will come, to discuss background information, things you have never noticed before, and plenty of games to join and enjoy.

The next page has already been finished and will be up on Friday.

R¤ògre
Remains Silent
UStream Username: R¤ògre

Post by R¤ògre » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Um, hey!

I'm one of those people that always gets around to check out the forums, for quite some time I guess (since 2010, maybe? IDK), without actually joining in.
That alone should give an idea about me. However, more importantly, I'm here to refigure these tendencies of mine. And while doing so share the joy we all feel about Goblins.

So...good vibes! Hi!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:13 am

Well, hello, Rogre.

Feel free to sit around until you're comfortable.
Plenty of places left.

And you can always leave your remarks. :)

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Hello for Hi.

Thread seems to be pretty dead, but posting anyway.

I'm LooksAndSmiles, but with a little mishappen ... namely, I very recently had to get a new hard drive and thus reinstall everything. Which means of course all my login information is lost, and for the life of me I can't remember the password for the old account. :D
I know I could use the "forgot password" button, but... The email I registered with has been unused for a really long time and the provider decided to suspend the account, and I can't re-register it, so yeah.
I hope I will figure out my password one day and relog with that account. Or not. Whatever. :D

In any case, I have not been around for a pretty long time (I get home at around 23:00 four days a week, no energy for foruming), and I'm deeply sorry for leaving the minesweepers and the players who were looking forward to play it. I just... can't. I plan to make up for that with starting other, lot more simple games. :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:53 am

PM the mods, they might be able to help you there.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:28 am

Inspired wrote:Hello for Hi.

Thread seems to be pretty dead, but posting anyway.

I'm LooksAndSmiles, but with a little mishappen ... namely, I very recently had to get a new hard drive and thus reinstall everything. Which means of course all my login information is lost, and for the life of me I can't remember the password for the old account. :D
I know I could use the "forgot password" button, but... The email I registered with has been unused for a really long time and the provider decided to suspend the account, and I can't re-register it, so yeah.
I hope I will figure out my password one day and relog with that account. Or not. Whatever. :D

In any case, I have not been around for a pretty long time (I get home at around 23:00 four days a week, no energy for foruming), and I'm deeply sorry for leaving the minesweepers and the players who were looking forward to play it. I just... can't. I plan to make up for that with starting other, lot more simple games. :)
We can change your name back if you'd like. This is one of those times where it is entirely acceptable.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:57 am

Well, on one hand, I think it would remove some confusion for the old forum users if I accepted the name change back.
On the other hand, what will happen to the old account? Won't it be disturbing having something old with many posts, etc. and something new with different statistics? I assume account merging (keeping the old L&S data, but updating it with this acc's email addr & pw + new posts) is not really an option.

I like new starts, anyway. :) I only miss the fancy text-editor of the game-masters group, but that can be easily taken care of... :D
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Welcome back, L&S!
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:47 pm

You could always make a signature with your old name in it and we can add you back to the game master's group.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:52 am

Welcome back! And he should be back in the game masters group now that he's about to host yet another game :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

1reedranger
Remains Silent

Post by 1reedranger » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm pretty new, too. :) Hiya, y'all.