Newcomers Check-in!

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Quarg

Re: Newcomers Check-in!

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:08 am

Puts out a large plate of "Cookies" with a sign saying 'Free for Newbies'
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Phoenix6e
Remains Silent

Post by Phoenix6e » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:34 am

Hi every one! i'm phoenix6e and i have been a fan of goblin since a long time. I don't know if i will be able to be often here but i'll certainly try. Have a nice day! :)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:44 am

Welcome to the family! Follow the signs to the other sub-forums, mind the black ooze on the floor, and don't irritate the dragons. They get grumpy and hungry and have an ample supply of ketchup, BBQ sauce, and A-1.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Regillix
Remains Silent

Post by Regillix » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:21 am

Good Morning everyone, Regillix here. Used to be on the old forums years ago I believe under "The1Squall" or something similar, decided it was time to rejoin under my new alias and due to the fact that the old forums are no longer well... Existent. Hope everyone is doing great! Cheers.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:36 am

Welcome to the forums!

Please read the post above yours, as it is still relevant. :P

Have fun!
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Kaldric
Remains Silent

Post by Kaldric » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:17 am

Hi. Long-time lurker finally registering.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:15 pm

Wolfie wrote:Welcome to the family! Follow the signs to the other sub-forums, mind the black ooze on the floor, and don't irritate the dragons. They get grumpy and hungry and have an ample supply of ketchup, BBQ sauce, and A-1.
They have been demanding Hot Sauce recently, apparently the trolls these days are quite bland...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

roee30
Remains Silent

Post by roee30 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Hello. Finally registered after 3 years.

I must ask a question: why can't I create new topics? The "New Topic" button is missing when I'm logged in. If I press it when I'm not logged in and then log in it says that I can't start new topics?

Help anyone?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:28 pm

You need to make a minimum number of posts to be able to start a new topic....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

roee30
Remains Silent

Post by roee30 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Quarg wrote:You need to make a minimum number of posts to be able to start a new topic....
Ok, now i know. How many exactly?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:37 pm

roee30 wrote:
Quarg wrote:You need to make a minimum number of posts to be able to start a new topic....
Ok, now i know. How many exactly?
I forget...soon a mod or Wolfie will tell all...

But welcome

and remember to avoid the Dragons...its mating season...and their hungry...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:53 pm

I'm not a mod, but you need two posts.

Jubal_Barca
Remains Silent

Post by Jubal_Barca » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:21 am

Hullo. I'm a person (probably). I make adventure games and game mods (more definitely). *waves, awkwardly*

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:25 am

*waves awkwardly back

Welcome!

Roe, yes, it takes 2 posts to make a new post - however, if you'd read the Rules Thread, you would know this information. :D

TonguelessMonk
Remains Silent

Post by TonguelessMonk » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:56 pm

Hello! I've been reading this comic for a while, and I've just now decided to join the community. I hope that I didn't come too late.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:58 pm

Wolfie wrote:*waves awkwardly back

Welcome!

Roe, yes, it takes 2 posts to make a new post - however, if you'd read the Rules Thread, you would know this information. :D
I re-read the forum rules but could not actually find it there myself... :?
Edit: Found it in the first paragraph...where I wouldn't actually expect it and not in the listed rules... :meh:

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

StealsJoghurt
Remains Silent

Post by StealsJoghurt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 am

Hello there!
Long-time reader, long time lurker.. I've decided it's time to join the fun :)
So... hope y'all doing well?

HyoorDuke
Remains Silent

Post by HyoorDuke » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Hey there. Just like StealsJoghurt, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Just wanted to say that I'm not going anywhere, and I hope most of Thunt's fans aren't either. But mental health takes precedent over anything else, and I would rather Thunt take enough time that he lose his fans, than attempt to force his way through it and harm himself (and his family) in the process. My wife has some anxiety issues, and has had a nervous breakdown before. Trying to come back from that can take a long time, and requires the patience of those who are closest to the person who needs support. So, to Thunt: I don't know what you're going through, but I'll check back occasionally, just to see if you've returned. Good luck, sir, I hope your health returns quickly and in full force.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Welcome StealsJoghurt and HyoorDuke. Mind the dragons and don't step on the penguin's feet. We get really angry when people step on our feet.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

BlindAsBat
Remains Silent

Post by BlindAsBat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:30 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum and relatively new (only been reading for around a year) to the comic. I usually don't create forum accounts like this, but I wanted to be able to voice my support for Thunt and my hopes that he will take as much time as he needs to come back to us. I can understand the situation he is in and wish only that he do what is best for him and his health and family. I and, from what I have seen, the majority of the community will be here awaiting his triumphant return to us.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:57 am

SamWiser wrote:Welcome StealsJoghurt and HyoorDuke. Mind the dragons and don't step on the penguin's feet. We get really angry when people step on our feet.
Which explains why they are such angry parents as their kids ride around on their feet...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

errantcoyote
Mutters to Themself

Post by errantcoyote » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi everyone. Been a fan from a long time, lurking on forums. Registered so I could at least offer a note of support for Thunt.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Welcome coyote!

thebigpill
Remains Silent

Post by thebigpill » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:04 pm

Oh hi Goblins Forum! I am new here. I have been reading for awhile and thought I needed to join the forum as it seemed to be good way to support the comic while we await the Creator's return.

Meanwhile, I look forward to bantering and discussing and all the fun stuff we fans get to do with each other. Except for with that one person...you know who. There's always one. ;)

The bigger the headache, the bigger the pill...so call me The Big Pill.

Kestrelsflame
Remains Silent

Post by Kestrelsflame » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:52 pm

yup, definitely am a newbie. Hello everyone. (waves awkwardly) I love the comic and am definitely interested in what people are saying. Doing the post thing! :cheer: