Surviving Castle Heterodyne - OOC Discussion Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Surviving Castle Heterodyne - OOC Discussion Thread

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:21 pm

I'm a little confused what the plan is, since flesh is vulnerable to fire and caustic liquid and metal isn't.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:19 am

Indeed burns..we're supposed to be crazy geniuses, not crazy morons..

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:54 am

i did not try it on metal yet. Anyways, i was planning on smearing oil, and or organic matter on the clank, put the wood and rags under the smeared spot and use caustic liquid to light it up. Even if metal dont reactto it, the oul shouldcatch on fire, and if not then the gases given off will aid in the rusting process.

If i had more tine i would build a sheapnel mine

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:10 am

No need to insult him, Badge.

Burns, I don't know exactly what liquid we're talking about, but caustic means it's a base. High school chemistry says that acids eat metal but bases don't. Organic material, on the other hand, while vulnerable to both, is actively dissolved by strong bases. That's exactly what quicklime is used for.

As for fire... Maybe it could somehow disrupt some delicate mechanism. But any fire hot enough to even begin to melt iron will very much melt flesh. And Gabe is currently being held firmly in place on top of the thing.

Likewise, any fumes given off that are capable of harming metal are likely not too healthy to breathe.

Really, I'm not trying to put you down. But as far as I can see, a bucket of water would likely make a more effective weapon.

I could be wrong. Like I said, I don't know exactly what this stuff is or what the inner workings of the clank are like. Admittedly, direct assault isn't getting us too far. But I'd rather Gabe not be set on fire or doused in lime.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:46 am

My intention was not as an insult...I was merely suggesting that he not throw caustic in my general direction...nor at yours, especially since you are riding the beast.

I suppose I should have stated: "We're supposed to be crazy geniuses, not just crazy." :D

I wasn't trying to call burns a moron..only some of the actions that his character takes.... and by moron..I meant crazy serial killer. (Remembering that "nearly killing Kew incident") All in the name of science and helpfulness...of course.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:45 am

I should have writen corrossive, because I am not sure if it a base, but put caustic instead. Ooops. But anyways, I know it will be dangerous, that is why I said everyone involved will be unhappy. :P I am hoping the liquid has some effect on metal and run away as fast as i can.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:53 am

I can see it now.

Ziou runs forwards, throwing a large bottle of highly corrosive liquid toward the clank. As it hits the metal beast, it splashes outward, dousing his fellow sparks, whose screams sound so sweet in his ears. As they die and the screams finally fade into silence, Ziou is left pleasantly alone, his goal finally achieved.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Why don't you just try and pour water on it instead? I would say that has a much higher risk of damage to a clank, and a much lower risk to the rest of us fighting it.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:32 pm

Sorry, I missed the fact that you were waiting for me.

Is Enoch on the fountain side of the gate, or the other side with the bat-cave and net?
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:55 am

Synch wrote:Sorry, I missed the fact that you were waiting for me.

Is Enoch on the fountain side of the gate, or the other side with the bat-cave and net?
Right next to the body of the clankipdede.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:21 am

Sorry, missed the Battlemap link!
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Seems it's retreating. Do we want to chase it?

► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:09 pm

I think we should just let it leave for now. Most of us can't hurt it reliably and if it actually attacks it can two-shot most of us. It did 8 dmg to me, most of you would be nearly dead now.

@spider Did we actually damage it a few times? I can't remember anymore.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Yes, some damage has been dealt to it, but the majority of your attacks have not resulted in much more than cosmetic damage. All told, I think you've managed to whittle off 10 or so durability points.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:45 pm

Without any means of securing the net, Enoch leaves it where it is and heads back to the fountain room, to inspect the door hinges of each of the rooms off this corridor (Octosnake room, rodent room, bee room) to see which would be suitable to exchange with the door leading to the greenhouse (I think there were bees behind that door? Its been so long.)
The corridors heading off the fountain room all have the portcullis gate type things, the door to the rodent room has been taken down and use at least at one point to bridge the fountain to be able to remove Charlie from the pedestal. The bee room is still closed, hinges on the inside, I believe. What is the greenhouse are you referring to?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:07 am

Isn't there a place where Castlina has come back on board in certain areas and said there's a room with plants? And adjacent to that is a room with bees? I'm gonna have to go back and re-read...
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:12 am

Yes, there is. Guess I didn't recall you guys having that info. It is off the bee room, so currently your access to it is blocked by them.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Yeah that's basically what I'm angling towards. I'm going to build a beehive into a door that closely matches the door to the room the bees are currently in. Subduing the bees and relocating them will be the hard problem.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Also, are we able to please have an updated map of the one that is in the first post of this thread.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:02 am

We were studying them. They're spark bees, so normal tactics may not work but there may be some kind of control mechanism.

Maybe we can have Charlie scout the bee room? He should be okay, right?

► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:57 pm

I thought of that, but look at what happened the last time we opened the door to a bee room :) I think we have to at least fill it with smoke and see if we can stupefy them. And I only want to try that after a build a beehive, in case it miraculously works and we can transport them.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:13 pm

Sounds like a plan.

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:27 am

Next update will be rolls for folks, but likely won't be until sometime next week, I'm writing a final and working on lots of grading over the weekend.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:08 am

Apologies, I meant measuring up the rat room door and the bee room door (the one we kicked open that had the hive) and the NEW bee door leading to the greenhouse. I need to see if the door to either of the rooms we've opened fits the door that the new bees are currently behind.

And can we have an updated map please? I can't remember where the bees/greenhouse is in relation to everything else.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:12 am

OK, I'll get that up with the update, but you've never been to the greenhouse, the door between it and the bee room is the only way in.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler