Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:30 pm

Just wanted to check that that was everything.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:40 pm

Without any means of securing the net, Enoch leaves it where it is and heads back to the fountain room, to inspect the door hinges of each of the rooms off this corridor (Octosnake room, rodent room, bee room) to see which would be suitable to exchange with the door leading to the greenhouse (I think there were bees behind that door? Its been so long.)
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:12 am

Sam explores the rest of the room in the hopes of finding a small hand cart that could be used to move one of the boxes, failing to find such a thing leads him back to the desk. Before attempting any kind of disassembly of the desk, he takes another inventory card, this time from another box with ruined goods, and places this too into the slot.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:19 am

Enoch heads back towards the workshop as August and Charlie watch Sam scurry around the storeroom. Suddenly, Sam looks up, and sees the metallic form of the clankipede looming over August's shoulder...

"INVENTORY REMOVAL AUTHORIZED. PLEASE STAND BACK. INVENTORY REMOVAL AUTHORIZED. PLEASE STAND BACK."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:21 am

Sam hurriedly backs away from the desk, standing back as suggested by the voice. "Quick, guys, move out of the way."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:44 pm

When Enoch returns to the fountain room, he picks up his length of rope he brought from the workshop. He uses the length of rope to measure the rodent room door, the bee room door (marking both the lengths and widths with a pen) and the position of the hinges, and comparing these lengths with the door heading to the greenhouse to find if either door matches both in terms of size and location of hinges.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:03 am

Gabe will go back to his project, which I believe was building a steam engine with Heiro.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:12 am

Sam and August: You boys and Charlie move back against the wall as the clank trundles into the room, its long bulk filling up the space. Once in the storeroom, the arms on its back reach out, pluck the crate Sam inserted the strip from off of the shelf, and hold it suspended aloft over its back. The clankipede backs up out into the hallway, and a recess opens in its chest, extending what appears to be a three-foot long paintbrush. "INDICATE NEW INVENTORY LOCATION. INDICATE NEW INVENTORY LOCATION."

It stands motionless.

Enoch: You grab your rope, and note that the doorways to the bee and rat rooms are consistent, but since the greehouse door is within the bee room, you don't have the ability to measure it for comparison.

Gabe: You collect Hiero and head back to the workshop.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:14 am

Ursula carries on with whatever she was up to before!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:25 am

Sam's mouth opens and shuts a few time before he manages "Umm, umm, how about in the fountain room, please."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:29 am

"INDICATE NEW INVENTORY LOCATION."

The clankipede remains motionless, the arms along its back still holding the crate aloft, and the arm protruding from its 'chest' still holding the long paintbrush, which nearly resembles a small mop.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:31 am

Sam looks dazed and confused and really really scared that he was about to die. Thinking hard about what to do, he grabbed a metal inventory strip from an empty shelf and held it out towards the paintbrush, hoping and praying that he had chosen correctly.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:37 am

The clankipede is unresponsive other than repeating, "INDICATE NEW INVENTORY LOCATION."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:45 am

Sam hesitantly reaches out and tries to take the paintbrush. If he is able to take it, he'll use it to paint a mark on the floor beside the desk before giving it back to the clank.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:49 am

Sam: You take the brush, which for you, is essentially a mop, being as tall. As you paint a mark on the floor, the clankipede pivots and its many legs flow into the storeroom before the torso pivots, grabs the box off its back with its forearms and spins back, placing the box on the mark before taking the paintbrush back, backing out of the room and departing down the hallway. You can hear the door to its room open and close.

"Awww, poop. I was hoping you'd do something dumb and let it paint the walls with your guts. Heh. Heh. Heh.", the voice of "Chomps" mocks you.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:17 am

Sam begins to dance for joy. Though they hadn't need for any additional food in their kitchen, should the need arise, they now had a way to not starve. In addition, it may be possible to trick the centipede into attacking an enemy by marking it with the mop. Several horrible and evil thoughts ran through his mind as he thought about the wonderful group of people he had been forced to live with. Upon Chomps words he makes a crude gesture with his hands (assuming Chomps could see him) and shouts "Bite me Asshole."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:27 am

"I'll bite more than just that!" the angry Castle entity devolves into an angry, unintelligible rant.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:33 am

Sam decides that perhaps it is best to leave the inventory desk alone for the time being, as he had no desire to become clank food and made his way back to the fountain room and then up the corridor that nearly took his life from him. Here, in the corridor of death, he begins to dismantle every single trap that he has previously encountered, including the dreaded acid trap, which made him shiver just at the thought of it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:26 am

Sam heads down the left hand passageway to work on disassembling traps, August and Charlie tag along.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:14 am

► Show Spoiler
Continuing on with his plans waylaid by the chilopod, Enoch uses hammer and screwdrivers to remove the pins in the hinges of the rat room door, to liberate the door and bring it back to the workshop.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Surviving Castle Heterodyne: A wild update appears!

Sam cheerfully heads down the hallway that nearly claimed his life earlier, intent on disassembling the traps. He'd already thoroughly removed the spike that made him hallucinate, but he's stuck with the issue of how best to deal with the think brown residue coating the floor. It seems lightly thicker than before, as if it has dried slightly since it was sprayed all over him.

August and Charlie follow Sam in their ever-futile quest to keep him from hurting himself.

Ursula, having returned early from the fight, gets a fair bit of reading done.
► Show Spoiler
She's getting to where she's read most of the books, so pulls one down she hasn't, entitled "Trees of the Northern Woods" (ie, I know you gave me a list, but she may have worked through them all? I can't find it at least...).
► Show Spoiler
Ziou begins reading a book on "Food Preservation"
► Show Spoiler
Kew finishes reading while the others are playing with clankipedes.
► Show Spoiler

Gabe returns and gets started, and is later joined by Hiero, but they hit a snag and have to do a fair bit of troubleshooting to save them work down the road.
► Show Spoiler

Enoch sticks a bookmark in "Life on the Ocean", and drags the door from the rat room back to the workshop.

]

► Show Spoiler

The clock on the wall says 12:00 o'clock. *Bing* *BOOONG* It's hiiigh nooooon.

Current Battlemap
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:33 pm

Gabe keeps plugging at it, but he'll take a break soon to whip up some lunch. (Say, around 12:30.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:39 pm

*Sounds good, feel free to specify, but if you're not in a chef-y mood, I'll just have him prioritize use of readily perishable goods.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:05 pm

Ziou keeps reading.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Sam tries to break up one of the pavers beside the floor gunk in the hopes of making a hole in which to push the acid.