The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (New Quest Available!)

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Quarg wrote:
BadgeAddict wrote:Haha...no no...not at all.. I honestly want all of you to survive, just with some scars to bring back and brag about.
The problem is that you've made it near impossible for us to coordinate our defense/attack as a group by randomly assigning initiative after we have all posted actions...leaving us to try and figure out all the possible moves the others might make that we can take advantage of like a bad programmer though multiple if/then statements...
(Really, I should write 120 lines of if then statements based on the others actions just to mess with you)
you mean, my intiative idea isn't going over so well....hmmm...okay..okay..fine...from now on, battles will have an initial roll for initiative only and then the numbers will stay that way....Is this why no one has posted a new turn? I'm sorry, i really don't want any of you to die....really..

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:58 pm

I'm not on a quest

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:01 pm

► Show Spoiler
My goblin is on a quest atm.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:50 pm

► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:01 am

I would like to apologize to all of my players about this initiative debacle. I will need to think about it for awhile and come up with a new model before trying it again. (though I'm thinking perhaps of sending your numbers out when i post the newest turn), this way giving all of you a chance to know when your "turn" in the order is.

Again, I would like to apologize for any of you who i upset.

though for the future, If you would like to question my methods, please do so at any time as opposed to waiting.....this is only my second game that i've run now and i want to make my games fun without becoming known as someone who kills off characters on a whim....Please help me be better.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:22 am

Just popping in to say that the entire point of the GAL is for GMs and players to try things out and make mistakes. That's why these are supposed to be short(ish) quests, involving more limited investment from both players and GMs than you might have for a really big campaign.

So, please bear that in mind and continue to keep any criticisms you might have constructive :) This thread is always open for discussions about rules, tips, tricks and critiques as well, so please use it for that as much as you want (and don't worry about the spoilers unless it's way off topic).

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:28 am

you know....this wasn't really supposed to be such an enormous quest....it just kinda happened.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:37 am

I'm afraid that for most games these short ones are the only ones actually completed... :(

I misinterpreted Badges intent as being out to kill us all was from an earlier comment he made about difficulty of the quest.
Since he comes off as so confident as a DM...you swear he had this all mapped out.

Now then, if there just wasn't so much traveling to do in RL...I could show you what a real, evil DM would do... >:D
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:51 am

I'll be honest. I had the entire map drawn for the "mountain" and the outline of the tower when you started. As you moved around the mountain, I may have redrawn the entire mountain 3 or 4 times, adding or subtracting areas. I had a good idea about what mobs i wanted, but sometimes i changed the number of them (increasing or decreasing the difficulty as i felt was needed, to make the game both fun and challenging).

By the time you finished the mountain section (aka Part 1), I took that week off to draw the rest of the tower (Part 2). which i ended up scrapping several times until i got it how i liked it....then i was stuck with the issue of what the heck i was gonna put in the tower..with the wizard being on the top floor....

I may come off as confident, but i think a better way to describe myself would be fluid, the ability to bend and move as needed.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:13 am

Quarg wrote:I'm afraid that for most games these short ones are the only ones actually completed... :(
Definitely. It sucks, but hopefully giving people the opportunity to practice with some short games will mean that more long games appear and are successful.

I know I can hardly talk about completing anything since I've got 3 big games on hiatus at the moment, but I promise I will definitely go back to them all once I stop working 14 hour days because I miss running them :(

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:18 am

thinkslogically wrote:
Quarg wrote:I'm afraid that for most games these short ones are the only ones actually completed... :(
Definitely. It sucks, but hopefully giving people the opportunity to practice with some short games will mean that more long games appear and are successful.

I know I can hardly talk about completing anything since I've got 3 big games on hiatus at the moment, but I promise I will definitely go back to them all once I stop working 14 hour days because I miss running them :(
PhD candidates are stuck in the last true midevil instutition in the world...now get that dissertation done...that way I stop being the only Dr around here...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:30 am

...Yes boss...

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:37 am

BadgeAddict wrote:though for the future, If you would like to question my methods, please do so at any time as opposed to waiting.....this is only my second game that i've run now and i want to make my games fun without becoming known as someone who kills off characters on a whim....Please help me be better.
To clarify, I wasn't waiting because for me its not so much one thing. Turn 62: Hell-mutts slipping under our shields, and avoiding our defenses: that's understandable, Turn 70: Shield-bearers just sitting there: It was a cool enough turn I didn't care. A couple defensive actions failing, wasn't a big deal, I tend to prefer aggression being rewarded. But having our actions occur too late in the final battle: at that point combined with everything else, it just seems like aggressive penalizing of defensive play. Which seems at the very least odd, based on the 3 two-handed shields we were given.
thinkslogically wrote:I know I can hardly talk about completing anything since I've got 3 big games on hiatus at the moment, but I promise I will definitely go back to them all once I stop working 14 hour days because I miss running them :(
And I miss reading them.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:47 am

thinkslogically wrote:...Yes boss...
So you finally figured it out...

Yes Thinks I am on your Committee!

:EvilLaugh:

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:34 pm

The reason i asked if any people not on quest are about is as I've added a new item in my riddle game that allows the party to ask for help from those goblins not on quests and are currently in the Bugbear and flee. I will post here if they decided to use the item with a link to the current page, and there will be a 24 hour period where comments and suggestions can be placed in the thread.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Well, it looks like we may be back soon.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:43 am

Other than the slight hiatus that i will be taking before attempting to build/hold another quest. I feel that, in this past quest, i created several potential quest givers.

My question is merely, what kind of quest would people like to see next....assuming thinks allows me to make more quests..

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:05 am

BadgeAddict wrote:..assuming thinks allows me to make more quests..
Of course! Anyone and everyone is welcome to make up a quest whenever they want :D All I ask is that we try and keep to 1 game at a time if there are a bunch of people wanting to DM. But there's no queue at the moment, so have at it.

Patdragon
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (Gone Questing)

Post by Patdragon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:32 am

A floating Skull appears in the middle of the bar hovering motionlessly for a little then you all hear a voice coming from it and it sounds like Steals and there appears to be a shrieking in the background.

"" Hello guildies...This is Steals, We're trapped in a bitch of a puzzle room does anyone know the answer."

A moment later an image is projected onto the wall and everyone can see the current room.

(OOC: Quest 5 needs a little help if you have a character in the bar you have 24 (real life) hours to post in thread as your character responding through the skull medium.
here is the link.
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=150)

time up
Last edited by Patdragon on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:46 pm

My friends, it's good to hear from you. I will attempt to offer my help.

Initially, I had thought, as you did, that the answer might be I or U (after all, without an I, he cannot see and if there is no U he cannot see you), but clearly those did not work. I also considered Z, as that might put him to sleep. However, after seeing the clue given you by Song, I now believe the correct letter is D. The addition of D to a GOBLIN will make him GO BLIND.

Good luck to you.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:04 pm

OOoooooh! That's clever!

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Since we're done aside from a minor loot dispute I'm assuming q4 is back.

"I think there might be something to do with sight. "Hide" or "blind" seem like words that might work. Good luck to you"

Since Wear's posted here I'm assuming its supposed to be here not the q5 thread?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:37 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Since Wear's posted here I'm assuming its supposed to be here not the q5 thread?
I think posting in both would be acceptable, it seems that the prompt was asking us to post there...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Yup Q4 is back at the Inn. We have a few items for the Bugbear and Flee I believe, as well as a small hell-mutt pet named Arnold. I think a few of us need Ralf's services also.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Oh. It just said "post in thread" so I assumed that meant here. I'll copy to there as well, just to be sure.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler