The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (Magic Paths & Bards)

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:28 pm

From my understanding yes.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:03 pm

Yeah. Since it's a players own choice to leave a quest, and since they effectively took a place away from someone else (albeit temporarily), quests that have been abandoned by a player count as 'Quests Participated In' for future selection rolls.

They do not count as 'Quests Completed' unless the main purpose of the quest has already been achieved by the time the player leaves.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 am

The Temple of Dawnstar

"Waking the dreamer seems better than walking away completely empty handed. You should write a paper with the quest details for us to deliver to the adventure guild and we'll be right on it."
"Yeah, we would have to take the Quest home before we officially started it. That's the rules. But I'm happy to take on your quest."
"Excellent! Thank you brave adventurers! We have some preparations to make for now, but we will send a messenger to you soon with your instructions on how to proceed. If the tasks meet with your approval, we would be very grateful for your assistance."

"You say the gods are fueled by belief. You're trying to wake your god. But the gods are in another realm, entirely separate from ours. And your god thought that was a good thing. Are you sure waking him is the right thing? And, if so, are you looking for converts to Dawnstarism?"
"We are trying to rebuild our god, because we do not believe he deserved to die that day. No matter what we achieve with that task, it is unlikely anyone could ever link the realms of gods and mortals to each other again so you should not worry. We do not intend to undo the work he died for. But Oena the Dreamer is not a god. She is... more like us I suppose. Not mortal, but not immortal either. Her assistance in our search for the Dawnstar fragments would speed up our search by millennia!"

"Well then. If you have no more questions, you may return to your homes. We will contact you when we have learned how to find Oena and what you can do to assist us."
"In the meantime, we will leave the gateway open for you so you may come and go from this place as you please. It seems the least we can do."

-----------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:12 pm

So I don't get to become a cleric of the Dawnstar? Or one of the Dawnstarian faithful? That might have been fun. Oh well.

I guess it's time to say farewell, take our leave, and head home.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:27 pm

WearsHats wrote:So I don't get to become a cleric of the Dawnstar? Or one of the Dawnstarian faithful? That might have been fun. Oh well.
If you wish to declare yourself a cleric (or whatever) of Dawnstar then you are perfectly free to do so, along with whatever consequences / benefits it may ultimately bring.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 pm

"What would those consequences and benefits be?"
:zzz:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:49 pm

That's why I asked them if they were looking for converts. If the realms are separate, then there's no point to worship, right? Or might there be, somehow? I'd also need to know/figure out/find out what worship would entail, other than relentlessly fighting in the name of peace.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Like thinks would spoil the surprise and tell you....I laugh at you....while holding my sides and crying.... :rofl:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:33 pm

WearsHats wrote:That's why I asked them if they were looking for converts. If the realms are separate, then there's no point to worship, right? Or might there be, somehow? I'd also need to know/figure out/find out what worship would entail, other than relentlessly fighting in the name of peace.
Nerre wrote:"What would those consequences and benefits be?"
"The planes are split, but there are gaps where the grace of the divine may still shine through. Everything is weaker now since the Aftermath. Mortals rarely believe in gods they cannot see and the gods cannot exist without belief. I suspect you see the problem, though we would certainly appreciate the gesture. There are few enough who believe in the living gods now, never mind a broken one."

This seems like an appropriate time to nod towards the philosophical nature of faith in the divine in general. Anyway, I'm not giving you mechanics, but if you choose to follow a deity then that is up to you, and the in-game world will respond as appropriate :) If you would like to be a follower of the Dawnstar, the temple guys should be able to give you some idea of what would be appropriate ways to show your devotion if you haven't got a rough idea already from their stories.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:07 pm

"Yes, faith in intangibles is a difficult thing. But I've met you and I've seen your temple and heard your story. That's enough for me. I don't know that I could or would convert others, but a god willing to risk everything in the name of peace is one I can follow. Tell me how, and I will keep the faith."

► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:06 am

"Can I touch the piece of the broken god? Or would that be a forbidden act? If we would learn how it looks and feels, we might be able to find another piece much better. I am not sure if I want to follow him while he is still broken, but he seemed to be a good god while he was intact. So maybe we can help in putting him together? We are not bound to stay here like you, and even if our lives are much shorter than yours, wandering around in the world outside instead of just staying here gives us a much greater chance."

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:14 am

"Well since looking at it might have burned my eyes out of my skull I think touching it is probably a bad plan..."

All will say her goodbyes for now and offer to act as courier for the message when it is completed - if they want her to do that, she will set a date with them to return.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:48 am

"Oh, must have missed that while meditating." Remedy laughs, glad she got warned.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:18 am

"Plus they say there is no piece of the dawn star on our world, so even if we do wonder about we still have less luck then them of finding a piece."

Forges tries to take a mental note of all of this so he can write it down back at the guild.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:29 am

The Temple of Dawnstar

"Yes, faith in intangibles is a difficult thing. But I've met you and I've seen your temple and heard your story. That's enough for me. I don't know that I could or would convert others, but a god willing to risk everything in the name of peace is one I can follow. Tell me how, and I will keep the faith."
"Thank you Mines Flagons, your faith is appreciated. As for keeping the faith... When he existed, the Dawnstar fought to bring light to dark places, and to bring peace and justice to the mortal lands. He was no pacifist, though he did not believe in war or fighting save as a last resort. Teach those lessons in his name and you would be honouring his memory well."
"As for your own actions, anything you can do to help us restore him to life would undoubtedly be beneficial for all of us."
"Indeed. Now, we do not have much, but perhaps you can make use of these."

One of the guards reaches into space and appears to pull a fine cloth robe out of thin air. It looks almost identical to the ones they are wearing themselves only perfectly goblin-sized. He hands it over to Wears. The other guard hands him a brass token in the shape of the rising sun.

"This robe will declare you as a follower of the Dawnstar."
"And this token will grant you a small blessing. It is not much, but I trust you can make use of them."

Wears receives a Dawnstar Robe and Dawnstar Token. He will need to unequip his healing amulet to wear the Dawnstar token.

"Can I touch the piece of the broken god? Or would that be a forbidden act? If we would learn how it looks and feels, we might be able to find another piece much better. I am not sure if I want to follow him while he is still broken, but he seemed to be a good god while he was intact. So maybe we can help in putting him together? We are not bound to stay here like you, and even if our lives are much shorter than yours, wandering around in the world outside instead of just staying here gives us a much greater chance."
"Well since looking at it might have burned my eyes out of my skull I think touching it is probably a bad plan..."
"Oh, must have missed that while meditating."
"Plus they say there is no piece of the dawn star on our world, so even if we do wonder about we still have less luck then them of finding a piece."

"Your companions have it right. Though you can still help us by attempting to wake the Dreamer. Thank you for your offer First-of-All, but we may be some time. Do not worry, we know you well enough now. Our messenger will have no trouble finding you in due course."

----------------------------------------------

Dawnstar Robe: +1 DEF. Bears the symbol of the broken god, Dawnstar.
Dawnstar Token: Has a calming effect. The wearer gains a bonus when attempting to resolve situations peacefully or to calm aggressive enemies.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:10 pm

"I thank you for these gifts. May the light of the Dawnstar find you in your darkest hour." Mines will put on the robe and amulet.

To all my fellow adventurers EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT AT THE TEMPLE:

Who wants to trade for the healing amulet?

(I don't suppose our gnome friend could turn it into a belt or something? Or affix it to my hat?)

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:57 am

Ralf could probably mount it onto something else so that it could be worn in a different slot (though if it was a belt you'd still need to swap it out).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:03 am

thinkslogically wrote:Ralf could probably mount it onto something else so that it could be worn in a different slot (though if it was a belt you'd still need to swap it out).
Dawnstar hat.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:52 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
thinkslogically wrote:Ralf could probably mount it onto something else so that it could be worn in a different slot (though if it was a belt you'd still need to swap it out).
Dawnstar hat.
...will look like a pope hat. Just saying :)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Will it still have a propeller?

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Ooooo propeller pope hat!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:52 am

Sure, why not :)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:40 am

Make the token into the propellor! Spinning dawn hat!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:04 am

nikohl wrote:Make the token into the propellor! Spinning dawn hat!
Fascination of the spinning token calms those in its presence :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:11 am

:lol: Seems legit!

Anyway, is there anything else you guys want to do here or are you heading back to the HQ? If anyone else wants to become a Dawnstar 'cleric' you're very welcome to, but the gateway will stay open if you want to come back later instead.