The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (Gone Questing)

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Hey, I was right about the letter puzzle. Neat. And I think I figured out how to follow the vowel (though I'd have made the same first guesses as they did). And the team could really use a healing amulet about now. ... I should have joined up with that quest, after all. Oh well.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:32 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Forges heads over to Walks and Robert when he hears them talking about the Woodwards book as he would also like his ear back to normal, he will even offer to be the first test subject before Robert.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:48 pm

Walks smiles and welcomes Forges to the table. "I was going to look for you and the other goblin that had their ears turned into wood, once we had found something in this book. But I wasn't sure that you weren't out on a quest at the moment, nor that we will find something, thus I didn't want to get your hopes up in vain. But you're more than welcome to help us try to make sense of what is written in here."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:15 am

Is it okay if we have a "brainstorm" here about the puzzle for the quest on how to follow the vowel..or would that be interfering?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:29 am

I think they'd have to ask for help through their skull thing? Might be getting over technical in rules though. But they only asked about the slapping goblin. :shrug:
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:39 am

I'd prefer you'd not discuss it currently, if they decide to use the crystal skull again to ask the forums, then that will be OK, but only during those 24 hours it is in effect.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:15 am

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:48 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:50 am

Yes

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
► Show Spoiler
:lol:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:45 am

Whenever someone mentions the 4 hour rule I'm reminded of the SNL version. Which I can never seem to find on youtube.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:32 pm

anyways.....short story, you've found your method for removing the woodiness

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:48 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Whenever someone mentions the 4 hour rule I'm reminded of the SNL version. Which I can never seem to find on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qJSbtLFAXo
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:05 pm

Laughs drags the fountain outside and uses it to wash the mouse-smell off his leather armour. It takes a while, but he eventually gets most of the stink out. Without any soap, it still smells pretty foosty, but at least it's not half as strong as it was before!

Walks goes to see Ralf to collect her Wolfskin Cloak.

"Ah! Miss Wind! I have your cloak right here for you! I hope you like it!"
"Oooh! Thank you Ralf!"

Walks takes her cloak. It is very nice, and VERY warm.

"I don't suppose there's anything you can do with these shields is there? We'd really prefer them to be 1-handed so we can hit things with the other hand at the same time."
"Oh... Well I hate to disappoint you Miss Wind, but I'm really just a tailor. You'll need a carpenter to do anything with those."

Walks heads inside the pub and Leaves approaches Ralf with a short note.

Hello sir, could I please have a cost for turning this hide into a cloak, and also are you able to split this shield into two functional ones? What would the cost be for this? Much thanks.
"Good afternoon Mr. Trace! I'm afraid, as I was saying to your friend, that I can't do anything with the shields as I'm only a tailor. I can certainly do something with that hide though. I can probably make you a nice warm cloak for about 10GP. How does that sound?"

Leaves nods in acknowledgement and heads inside to think about the offer. Laughs steps over to Ralf.

"Soooo.... I have these ears. Can you turn them into a necklace?"
"GAH! I... ew... This isn't usually the kind of thing we like to make but ... I guess it's much like any other hide. <hork> It'll cost you 5GP."

Back inside the pub:

"And has the mouse chef gotten back here yet?"
"Mouse chef? Not yet. Though I can't say we're usually too fond of inviting vermin into the kitchen. I'll keep an eye out for him though."

Wears sits down with Robert and they flick through "Woodward's guide to all things wooden". Forges listens in as well, keen to get his ear turned back to normal.

"I was going to look for you and the other goblin that had their ears turned into wood, once we had found something in this book. But I wasn't sure that you weren't out on a quest at the moment, nor that we will find something, thus I didn't want to get your hopes up in vain. But you're more than welcome to help us try to make sense of what is written in here."

After a few minutes flicking through the book, they eventually come across an interesting section:

Page 395 How to unwooden an object

1. Place you left hand on the object that is made of wood.
2. Place your right hand on a tree that is at least 10 years old.
3. Say the following phrase backwards 3 times as fast as you can "How much wood could a wood Chuck Chuck If a Wood Chuck Could Chuck Wood". Follow this by saying Kursmicklepop.

*Warning: If the object that you are touching has always been wooded then the spell will have most unexpected results.

Well that's convenient!

Walks and Leaves decide to make use of the magic box of magic.

Walks places her axe and wizard's staff into the box and locks it. It hums gently for a few seconds and then lets out a BEEP. The number "60" appears on the lid. Walks unlocks the box and retrieves....

... a Knock-Back Axe! Interesting!

Leaves decides to try his luck and places his spear and a shard of glass inside the box. He locks it and listens to the familiar hum. After a short while, it BEEPS and the number "45" appears on the lid. He opens the box and retrieves...

... a Glass Spear! It looks fragile...

------------------------------------------------

Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
Glass Spear: +1 ATT. Good chance that it will shatter when used to attack.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:12 pm

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Laughs Creepily chuckles knowingly and passes the ears to Ralf with a sly wink. "Here you go, my good gnome! *teheheheheeee* Was that 5 gold for both, or 5 each?"

Laughs will hand over the 5 gold if it's for both, if it's for each, he'll attempt to talk the gnome down a bit... but grudgingly pay 10 if he won't budge.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Just so you know, i updated the trapper keeper for those of you who put some items into the combination cube..or whatever its called. "Horadric Cube"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:58 pm

William will make a comment to Savage,
"No, you want this guy around...he can make healing potions from special flowers. And is a decent cook too... That's why we spared his damn life..."
William will then go and talk to Ralf...
"Ralf I have a magic robe here that I would like to turn into a cloak so I can wear it over my armor...is it doable and would the enhancement for magic protection on it continue to work?"
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:03 pm

► Show Spoiler
Leaves No Trace now places a 1 handed axe and a bone in the magic box.

He will then head outside to wait until Ralf's patrons are finished and hand Ralf 10GP and his white rat hide, with a brief note:

I would be glad to take you up on your offer, and can you ensure the cloak has a hood please. My thanks for your services.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

I've noted something:

pointed stick + slippers: retains shape of first, physical properties of the second
axe + wizard staff: shape of first, magical properties of the second
spear + glass: shape of first, physical properties of the second

Just noting a trend in an attempt to decipher the box
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:32 pm

It also seems to be based on the roll of a d20. The better items have come from a roll of above 10. The glass spear, which is weaker than the original item, came with a roll of 9.
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:52 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:40 pm

► Show Spoiler
Also since Ralf can't split the shields, I will forgo a shield and let someone else have it.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:48 pm

Walks is indeed very pleased with the cloak and she joyously thanks Ralf for making it and tries it on. (She already paid the 20 gold for the crafting before she left.)
She is a bit disappointed that he cannot help her with the shields, but soon she smiles at him and asks: "You wouldn't happen to know where I can find a carpenter or a smith, would you? Oh, and if I brought you some material, could you make a shield out of hide or cloth, perhaps?"

Walks is very happy about finding something useful in the book and eagerly shows it to Robert and Forges. "I would be happy to ask Savage where to find a tree that is at least 10 years old in the vicinity and accompany you there, if you need assistance. Don't look at me like that, I know that usually you can tell approximately by how big a tree is whether or not it might be 10 years of age or not, but with what I have seen lately I learned that a huge size is not always a guarantee that a tree is very old. You wouldn't want to risk the counter-spell to go wrong, would you?"

Walks beams at the result from the magic box and figures that the new, improved knockback axe will come in very handy and rummages in her inventory for something else to put something else into the chest.

She tries to combine the Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed) and the (vial of) worm blood (Can be assumed to create the same parasite/host relationship that Dies has).
(If it is possible to just put the worm blood in there and keep the empty vial but get the same result: do that, instead, hence the parentheses.)

OOC: Is the knockback axe 1 handed or two handed, btw?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler