The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (Magic Paths & Bards)

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:23 am

► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:52 am

► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:32 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:56 pm

► Show Spoiler
:zzz:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:30 pm

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:32 pm

I did think about making a separate thread to begin with. However this is the start of my next GAL quest and I wanted to keep the thread active for those not on quests. When either the awn star explorers get back (or quest 4 if that happens first) I'll give a weeks notice to finish the limericks and start my quest with the winner having a guaranteed place on the quest.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:08 am

I made a limerick thread ages ago and it died.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:53 am

In the Temple of Dawnstar

"Actually we came here looking for treasure - do you have something to give us?"
"I was certain we were about to find treasures of some sort. Not an ancient and cultural sort of treasure though.. Do you have any useful treasure or something to drink? It've been a while since I had something to drink because we waited for the portal to open."
"Treasure? I don't- ... This is a temple! A place of peace and rest! We are not here to be looted. And I'm afraid there is no food or drink that would sustain you, we have no need of such things and have not had visitors in a VERY long time. Still, you have nothing to fear! Time passes slowly in this place for mortals. It would take many, many years for you to develop a thirst."
"Is there any food in here? Or things one can do? Or a way back to where we came from?"
"No food I'm afraid, traveller. But you can rest and find peace. When you are ready to return you need only ask and we shall send you."

"Can you tell me more about the Dawnstar? And what makes you think he's dead?"
"Dead is probably the wrong word to describe what happens when gods are broken, but it's the little things really. Mostly, because we watched him torn apart in the Aftermath. The other gods were so angry with them then, it was... awful... They broke him apart and scattered fragments of his... essence I suppose you might call it. There's no mortal word that really describes the stuff that gods are made of, and even we cannot truly comprehend it. The gods tore him apart, smashed his bones to less than dust, and scattered him far and away across all the planes of existence so that he could never rise reform and against them again. He wasn't the only one who suffered that fate of course, there were plenty others like him. But we were weak and small, and no-one cared to remember us so we waited and we searched. In the end, we managed to find a single piece of the god Dawnstar. Just one, tiny fragment of our god, so we brought it here where it would be protected and we have watched over it ever since. It has sustained us long past our natural lifespan, and for that we are grateful and will continue to serve."
"Of course you can't just scatter pieces of dead gods around and expect nothing to come of it. The power contained in those fragments has shaped the fate of more than one world. Monsters, magic, the living dead... None of that would exist if it had not been for the Aftermath. Where such fragments touch the mortal realms, they can be QUITE destructive. The fact that you have found this place at all makes me suspect that you understand what it is to live in such a corrupted world."
"Indeed, sister. The anger of the gods is a terrible thing."

"That's a cool...box thingy...you have there. Is it like a tribute to the Dawnstar? We have tributes at our shrines sometimes. You know, people leave stuff for our God, as a thankyou for... being a God, and stuff."
"That? Oh.. No, that's not an offering... That box contains the only fragment of the Dawnstar we have been able to recover."

"So you said you are waiting, what are you waiting for? Is it the deity that the shrine is dedicated to?"
"After a fashion, I suppose. We watch over our fragment of the Dawnstar and we wait, hoping that one day another fragment may pass within our sight and we may begin to... rebuild."

Forges steps forward to read the sign above the altar. It appears to be a finely-carved marble tablet, but written in a language that he doesn't recognise.

"The stone tells the tale of Dawnstar. We wrote it so that he may be remembered when we have faded."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:23 am

"So do you know where other bits of him might be? Because, as you might have noticed from some of our more treasure-oriented members... we're totally rad Adventurers. Finding things and bringing them to other places is sort of what we do. If it's not going to burn my eyes clean out of my head or anything, maybe I could look at the fragment you have - so that I'd recognise another one if I saw it."

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:16 am

"Yes, good idea. You can give us the god rock and we will take it back to our realm.
It might give us special powers. Very good idea"

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:00 am

"I'd be hard for people to remember when the cant read the language I'd love to try and translate a copy"

He looks around but it seems this place has little of interest other than a story.

"So why exactly did the Dawnstar rise up against the other gods in the first place, was that the only reason the other gods tore him asunder coz depending on which gods you're referring to it must have been something pretty terrible for that result."
Last edited by Patdragon on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:02 am

"So uh.....are you guys hiring?"
(its the only thing I could think of to say)
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:43 am

"There once was a guild(pending) full of glee
where goblins are found and also me
In I did stomp
from the Greenfire swamp
to the place called The Bugbear and Flee"

Roll up people, 5gp for a limerick of your past or adventures.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:01 am

Remedy sits down on the socket left of the left guard and starts to meditate. Maybe she can find some kind of inner peace, like the guard said.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 am

I have a new opening in Quest 4 that I would like to fill as fast as possible. The new player will start at the cave entrance and be given 10 move speed so that you can catch up with the group. (aka, you'll be starting in the hookah room)
If you are interested please sign up in a numbered fashion. Please note, this updates 5 days a week and i would prefer someone who is able to update as such. If i have at least two people interested, the winner will start tomorrow.
etc.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:35 am

In the Temple of Dawnstar

"So uh.....are you guys hiring?"
"So do you know where other bits of him might be? Because, as you might have noticed from some of our more treasure-oriented members... we're totally rad Adventurers. Finding things and bringing them to other places is sort of what we do. If it's not going to burn my eyes clean out of my head or anything, maybe I could look at the fragment you have - so that I'd recognise another one if I saw it."
"Thank you for your offer, but I suspect it may do exactly that! God shards are... sharp. They have a tendency to cut mortal minds rather deeply. But regardless, there is no trace of the Dawnstar on your world. We would have been drawn to it already if there was."
"Don't be so hasty brother. There is no trace of our Dawnstar, but there is ... something else... Can you not feel it?"
"Another? Yes, now you mention it ... There are many ancient voices in this world of theirs, but they are weak. Fragile. Yet there is one that is familiar to me... Perhaps... It could not be Oena?"
"Yes. The Dreamer sleeps beneath this world."
"So she still lives."
"It would appear so. She would be a great help to us."
"But we cannot leave."
"We cannot. But the mortals can. Perhaps the fates have brought them to aid us?"

"You can give us the god rock and we will take it back to our realm. It might give us special powers. Very good idea"
"No. Such a thing is not possible. This is the Temple of the Dawnstar and this is where he shall remain."
"If you were willing to help us wake the Dreamer though, she would make our search far faster. And I am certain that you would find much in your search that would suit your more mercenary tastes."

"It'd be hard for people to remember when they cant read the language. I'd love to try and translate a copy. So why exactly did the Dawnstar rise up against the other gods in the first place, was that the only reason the other gods tore him asunder coz depending on which gods you're referring to it must have been something pretty terrible for that result."
"It is a long tale mortal, and one which would take many lifetimes to tell in its entirety. You do not have the time to hear it, and we, sadly do not have the time to tell it while our task is incomplete. Perhaps it is enough for now for you to know that in the beginning there were few gods, whose power was absolute. They created and destroyed universes as they liked and none could oppose them. But soon enough they made mortal creatures, and it became apparent that those mortals, who seemed so weak and insignificant had a great power, far stronger than any of the gods could have anticipated. For gods are born from belief and fuelled by that belief. And those insignificant mortals invented their own spirits and gods in an attempt to understand the worlds around them. Those new gods were born of mortal minds, and grew rapidly in power, too quickly for the Old Gods to react. The balance of power shifted so quickly, perhaps a war was inevitable. Feeling their power wane, the Old Gods attempted to destroy the Universes they had made in an attempt to undo their mistakes, but the New Gods were strengthened by fresh belief and fought back. The war raged for countless ages across endless Universes, fought by gods and demi-gods and mortals alike. The New Gods were constantly replenished by mortal belief but the Old Gods were ancient and basic and could not be worn down. The destruction seemed endless, with neither side able to win decisively. Many died and much was destroyed."
"Not everyone wished to win the war however. Some just wanted to see it end, no matter the personal cost and eventually a new alliance of pacifists was formed. They refused to choose a side, and were hated by all! Traitors and cowards they were called, but it was they who ultimately brought an end to the devastation. If the power of the gods was based on the belief of their followers, then the war could never be won. The Gods would be sustained forever because they were everywhere! It was impossible not to believe. So the War-Enders worked quietly, slowly, in secret and began to tease apart the threads binding Gods and Mortals to the same plane of existence."
"In the instant the War-Enders finished their work, the gods were banished from the mortal plane and were cut off from their powers. Within the space of a thousand years, most of the New Gods were dead, and the Old Gods too weak to undo the damage that had been done, at least completely. In some places, some mortals may still feel their influence but it is a rare thing these days."
"Needless to say, the remaining gods turned on the War-Enders with all their fury and destroyed them during the Aftermath. The Dawnstar was one of those destroyed."

"Anyway goblins, we would ask for your assistance in waking the Dreamer. Will you help us? It will be a difficult task, and a long one, but we will assist you when we can."

---------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:58 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I have a new opening in Quest 4 that I would like to fill as fast as possible. The new player will start at the cave entrance and be given 10 move speed so that you can catch up with the group. (aka, you'll be starting in the hookah room)
If you are interested please sign up in a numbered fashion. Please note, this updates 5 days a week and i would prefer someone who is able to update as such. If i have at least two people interested, the winner will start tomorrow.
etc.
1 Synch (Leaves No Trace)
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:51 am

Well....as no one else is interested, congrats....you're in.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:35 am

"Waking the dreamer seems better than walking away completely empty handed. You should write a paper with the quest details for us to deliver to the adventure guild and we'll be right on it."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:43 am

"Yeah, we would have to take the Quest home before we officially started it. That's the rules. But I'm happy to take on your quest."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:06 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Well....as no one else is interested, congrats....you're in.
1 Synch
2 Remedy (if I can join while being in this strange place)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:10 am

I'm sorry nerre, the update has happened, I'm actually surprised that only one person signed up, I left it open for about 3-4 days i think. (over the weekend starting at the friday morning update.)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:21 am

Nevermind. I am not on often lately, so I just missed it.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:40 am

You say the gods are fueled by belief. You're trying to wake your god. But the gods are in another realm, entirely separate from ours. And your god thought that was a good thing. Are you sure waking him is the right thing? And, if so, are you looking for converts to Dawnstarism?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:31 pm

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler