The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (NEW QUEST AVAILABLE!)

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:14 am

Braineel, your character has successfully been added to the Trapper-Keeper of Knowledge

Braineel
Mutters to Themself

Post by Braineel » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:59 pm

"Ah! H-hello. Just water for me. Nothing flammable. You have work here, right? That's what it said on the er... sign."

Without A Past introduces himself to Laughs Creepily sheepishly, and he gets up to explore the premises, forgetting his drink at the bar.
► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri May 01, 2015 12:27 am

Braineel, the Pit of A Thousand Skulls is about to kick off tomorrow (May 2); there's room if you want in. :) If you want to see my past games, visit the Civilization thread here in the Games forum; the link's in my signature.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 01, 2015 3:18 am

You can interact directly IC, or just let me know what you want to do OOC and I'll make it happen. I'll do a shopping update tonight for you all before you head out to the Pit, but just do whatever you prefer really. The point in the GAL is to be fairly rules-light and just give new (or old) GMs and players a chance to try out new things, so just do whatever you feel like and I'll work it out :)

Braineel
Mutters to Themself

Post by Braineel » Fri May 01, 2015 5:24 am

Well alright. I'll sign up for that quest, then, and pick up a basic shortsword, since it's better'n nothing. Doesn't really seem there's time to barter or trade with players, seeing as it's 5 AM now and I'm hitting the hay. (Also: is the stuff below legible? Just want to make sure I picked a color everyone can read just fine.)

Without A Past attempts to purchase a shortsword for 5 gold as soon as he finds someone selling arms. He tries for 6 gold and some pocket lint once he learns the actual price of the weapon, assuring the vendor that this pocket lint is older than he himself is, and must therefore be worth a fortune.

Without A Past also signs up for the quest in the (rather morbidly named, as he notes) Pit of a Thousand Skulls once he is eventually directed to the board, or finds it on his own. (If at this point he is unarmed because the vendor would not sell the shortsword for 6 gold and lint, he sets his mind to learning to throw gold pieces as a weapon.)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri May 01, 2015 5:36 am

William looks at Without a Past,
"I might temporarily loan you a weapon, but see if you can get that spear from Walks for five gold..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 01, 2015 5:41 am

I should also mention that, if you look in the Trapper Keeper, you'll notice that some people (unless they are away questing) have more than enough items to spare. You may be able to buy or loan some of their extras.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 01, 2015 5:43 am

"Yeah, she's got a lot of *teeehhhheeeeeheee* loot. I might be willing to *heee* rent you these new throwing axes I just bought too... " , Laughs Creepily chuckles while spinning his axes between his hands.

((Most folks haven't made use of the 'willing to trade' subcategory of the trapper keeper, so it won't hurt to ask.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 01, 2015 5:56 am

I'm also going to open up Sarusama's and SGTDude's inventories for equipment loans. I don't think they're coming back any time soon, but it seems a shame to waste their gear.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 01, 2015 6:06 am

Those items could go into a general pool if you don't mind Thinks...or become the Inn Owners to sell/trade/loan as he likes...Would you like me to build a separate list of items owned by now inactive players?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 01, 2015 6:11 am

Laughs would love to wear Duck's skull mask... :D. It would be on theme with his lance of terror..
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 01, 2015 6:14 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Those items could go into a general pool if you don't mind Thinks...or become the Inn Owners to sell/trade/loan as he likes...Would you like me to build a separate list of items owned by now inactive players?
That would be great - let's add them to a pool of group loot. They've already been earned, so I don't see the need to charge for their use. Players are welcome to charge for loaning out their equipment if they want to of course, but we'll keep "group loot" free on a first-come first-served basis.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 01, 2015 6:21 am

► Show Spoiler
Although this is first come first serve, I would ask that everyone only take one thing before waiting until something else is taken, people with nothing will have first dibs, otherwise the order will be rolled for. If you are interested in any of the items, please state your interest regardless of being in a game or not. If you take an item and are in a game, the item will be waiting for you upon your return.

If not all items have been chosen, the list will start again in the same order.

1. Braineel
2. Alaen (If you still are playing)
3. (Roll order based on others interested in taking items)

edit: If this isn't what you had in mind Thinks, please advise.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri May 01, 2015 6:42 am

oh sweet, this takes some of the sting out of restarting. Well presuming the priority players don't take it, I'll take the pirate captain's hat. Tempted to take the leather armor, but the hat is more in character.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri May 01, 2015 6:57 am

Yeah, thanks there Chuck I wanted the pirate hat on this mission...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 01, 2015 7:01 am

Skull mask... No relevant stats, but fits what Laughs Creepily had become.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 01, 2015 7:07 am

well...Quarg & Chuck...I suppose you can hope that in the roll-off (If that's what happens for picking order) that one of you wins over the other...and can then gloat about it.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 01, 2015 8:08 am

These are just items to borrow for a quest - they go back into group loot when you return (or will vanish if you die). You can do whatever you want with the gear as long as it's in your possession on a quest (E. G. Sell it or whatever, because who's going to stop you?) but you'll need to explain your actions to the other players and if they get pissed off... Well that's up to you guys to work out :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 01, 2015 8:14 am

Oh...so its a "loaner" pool...not a gimme gimme gimme loot pool...my bad on the confusion there...

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri May 01, 2015 8:30 am

Nope, zero sarcasm in that statement of mine above.

I support Chuck getting the Pirate Hat beccause he has signed up for the mission...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 01, 2015 8:36 am

I suppose too that the stuff could randomly be thrown into the combo cube...and that rat corpse could be given to the mouse chef (awkward!, luckily you don't have any mouse corpses :D)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 01, 2015 8:40 am

If it's quest only, I'm not going on one, so guess I have to regretfully retract my skull mask request.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 01, 2015 8:42 am

Well...the way I understood it from what Thinks said is that...if you want to take something and keep it, feel free to do so...but others might become angry at you if you don't have a good reason...on the other hand...I'm betting most people don't care about that...

Like the healing potion for instance, if you took it on a quest and used it..it's not like you can give it back to the group loot pile at the end of the quest.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 01, 2015 8:47 am

I'd take the skull if I could, but probably would intend to keep or combo it, so I'd that's not OK, with me not being on a quest, I'll just bow out.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri May 01, 2015 8:52 am

I think Braineel could borrow a starting set of gear for the mission out of the group loot, that seems like a good idea to me. Leather Armour and Simple Axe are a +1DEF/1H+1ATT combo, that's a handy starting boost. The Barrel Lid might be able to be smooshed into a shield for another 1H +1DEF.

Chuck, what does your new restarted guy have? Anything?