The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (RedEars' Return)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:03 am

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:Hmm... a suggestion.. Thinks and other GM's (really all of us) should think about this:
This should do the job:

http://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=970

I'll get this updated over the next few days with the sprites, items etc. that we're gathering through the quests in my style (since that's been picked up by a couple of folk so far, but don't feel you have to use them!) and will keep it updated every so often with new things. If GMs can post images of any new creations they make in there (doesn't have to be super-high resolution; small is often better) then that would be awesome and I'll 'translate' them into the right size to work with my style of sprites so you guys can just pick them up and go if you want to.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:59 am

Okay, a small update due to the items that some of you have that you are unsure of their magikal nature. The items below which are underlined, I will add a picture of said items.

Here are any special details for the following stuff, assumed not magical unless noted.
Cup it holds stuff
Plate also hold stuff, just not some stuff.
Sharp Fork poky, but doesn't increase attack
3 important looking letters its...paper....with words on it.
Tapestry Rod (+1 Atk, 25% chance to miss due to unwieldiness)
Boots (once the feet have been removed) - (Boots of aggression) - When a player wearing these boots enters combat, all enemies will attack this person over anyone else if possible.
Sharp looking Man-Purse (Can always hold a great number of smaller items)(can hold 3 medium items or 1 large items) It's magicalness allows this storage to happen without making sense.
"My first Wand" Wand - This is, mostly useless. It randomly casts a level 0 spell when used. As it was never used, i never made the list, but anyone can make the list, note that these should be mostly useless spells.
Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently) - This is, ...wow, this is powerful.
Fake Beard - Can be tweaked and twirled by the wearer only, the one who wears it, controls it. When worn, it is a part of your face. If dropped or the owner dies, it becomes inert and someone else may take it. (currently being worn by Laughs)
PlayWitch Vol. 1 & 2 - these are basically paralytic traps which can be carried, however, they effect each creature differently, this is up to the Gm in what way.
Blood Song +1 Atk + Q, where Q = number of quests wielder has completed. (This means that when Costa goes into his next quest it will be a +2 blade), Also, for now, we're gonna say that this maxes out at +5.
Magical Glasses - Allows you to see magical Auras
3 - evil books - demon summoning manuals, personally i would destroy them.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 am

Are you the one who uses a CAD program? Not sure who was it.
:zzz:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:17 am

yeah i use Cad, but i changed my mind, I can at least post pictures of the items i made. within reason.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:25 am

RE. Boots: if it's not too much trouble (since they haven't been used yet), would it be possible to change the properties of the boots to something otehr than +1 DEF (e.g. 5% chance to dodge an attack; allow the wearer to fall 1 area's height without taking damage; ability to walk over XX substance)? I'd like to keep DEF scores in armour and shields if possible, and have all other items of clothing allowing for more random effects & customisation.

Doesn't matter if not in this case, but it would be cool to keep future items following that pattern if possible to stop individuals tanking too hard in the early quests :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:28 am

oh yeah, no thats perfect, honestly im not very good with coming up with stats...hmm.. i'll think about it. hehe....and who said everything had to be good... >:D
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:29 am

Somebody gave me +10 internets a while ago, please add them to my char's stats. ;)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:56 am

Sweet :D thanks badge! I've also got pixel-art versions of most of your items drawn up, so you guys should be returned to the HQ later tonight, and we'll also see what the hell RedEars is up to...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:20 am

Schnitzel arrives back at the inn with his head hung low. "Hey barkeep...you got a bed i can go lie down on for awhile...I'm hurtin real bad."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (More things happen)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:33 pm

The conquering heroes return from the Wizard's quest!

"I GOT A TALKING SWORD !!"
"That's nice buddy, but you need to put it away or take it outside. There's no weapons at the bar!"
"Well! That is NO way to talk to a lady!"
"Ok, Ma'am! You need to go away, or go outside. There's no weapons at the bar."

"ARRRR! That's what I like to see! Mighty Adventurers, Mightily returned from their Mighty Adventures! Feel like winning some new gear?"

Soars listens at the kitchen door, but he can't make out anything at all until suddenly the door bursts back open and Savage emerges with RedEars. They both look pleased, but RedEars looks delighted!

"Hey Glittergold! I did it! He sold! I've got the contract!"

A dapper yellow halfling sweeps into the bar, looking almost as delighted as RedEars. Savage immediately looks very, very not delighted.

"G'day Mr. Savage! It's been a while ain't it? I reckon it's about time you had a little competition around these parts, don't you! Very good of you to be so... accommodating! Now, we'd best be off hadn't we, my fine friend! See you around Savage!"

"Hay former adventuring colleagues, look out for my name, because YOU will be interested in my business real soon! Just like you, I was an adventurer before, but that I am no more! RedEars gamble! Remember that! It's good advice my friends!"

RedEars has left the Adventurer's League.

---------------------------------------------

In some behind-the-scenes news, I've updated the GAL front page with links to the various resources which you guys might find useful as both GMs and players. Feel free to use, edit, update these as you like, but that should be your one-stop-shop for info (at least for the time being!). Also, if you're intending to GM anything soon, can you please send me an PM (or post here, whichever is cool) with an approximate start date and approximate game length (if you have any idea; it's ok if you don't know). I know there's a lot of you planning things, and I want to check if we need to start thinking about making a rota or anything like that :)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (more things happen)

Post by LAYF » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:48 pm

RedEars sings a bit on the way out: "By everybody! have a beautiful time...

He sold it! he sold it!
I bought it! I bought it!"

*Yes, he will have to work on his lyrics
-Best regards LAYF

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:05 pm

hey mister bar man, when will traders show up ?
I need some gear and clothes, I am horribly underdressed
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:11 pm

"AAAAAAAARRRRRRe ye blind lad? I'll happily take yer gold if yer willin' tae take a gamble!"

"Yeah... It's just Pete for now I'm afraid. I'm sure more will show up eventually, but we're not exactly well-known right now. Once we get a bit more kudos, I'm sure we'll see more traders showing up. Now, are you going to keep that sword in your inventory or do I have to boot you out?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Approaching the pirate fellow... Ooo! Ha! What do we have here? Looks like some kind of treasure guessing game? If I can play, I'd like to try B16, C16, D16, E16, D17 and C18.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:22 pm

"What sort of Gambling, the same game as before?"

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:24 pm

"If it is the same game I'll use my free guess on A15"

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:59 pm

"What the hell was up with that red ears chap.....sound like he just joined forces with a rival guild or something........Sure i'll try you game Jack....lets see if i were a pirate i'd ......50 paces east of yey palm trees on the largest island...I mean G18 and lets try I 20 for good measure too."
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:45 am

costa hands his books back to the person who gave him to him....as I can't recall
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:47 am

that would be me... But what to do with evil books.... maybe save until there is no other option...mwhahaha
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (We have a Winner!)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:41 pm

"Hey everybody. We just had a very, very crazy mission. A wizard was turning people into furniture. As you might see on two of our eight ears. They are wooden now! We were able to save this guy here, Robert and found a flask, and yes, Costa found himself a swordish girlfriend. And the only damage we took was from each other..accidentally."

The goblins settle back into the bar, and are finally joined by Robert who was totally checking out the back of the HQ before. Totally.

Schnitzel limps back in, exhausted and defeated by his latest adventure.

"Hey barkeep...you got a bed i can go lie down on for awhile...I'm hurtin real bad."
"Sure thing! Help yourself to any of the rooms you like! But don't feel too bad - sometimes discretion is the better part of valour! 'Tis better to live to fight another day than-"
"Yeah, I think I've got it thanks."

Robert settles in at the bar.

"Hey! You brought your own chair! That's handy!"
"Uhhh... Actually..."

The others turn their attention to Pete and his game.

Ooo! Ha! What do we have here? Looks like some kind of treasure guessing game? If I can play, I'd like to try B16, C16, D16, E16, D17 and C18.
"What the hell was up with that red ears chap.....sound like he just joined forces with a rival guild or something........Sure i'll try you game Jack....lets see if i were a pirate i'd ......50 paces east of yey palm trees on the largest island...I mean G18 and lets try I 20 for good measure too."
"If it is the same game I'll use my free guess on A15"
"AAAAAAARRRR!!!! No, no, no, no, no, no and... wait... A15?? Well pickle me biscuits! Yer a winner lad! Ye've won me treasure! And the 40GP I had in me pockets!"
"YAAAAAAAY!"
"Ye'll need to be wily with this one though! Fer me treasure's still buried out in a secret cove on a Deadly Island of Deadly Death!"
"...Riiiight..."

"This map'll show ye where to go. But ye'll be needin' a ship!"
"...right.... What's the green stuff?"
"That's the deadly faerie forest of deadly doom!"
"I see. And the brown?"
"That's the terrible desert o' quicksand tae the north and the fearsome forest of prickly, thorny... things!"
"Okaaaaaaay. And the swirly wirly bits are presumably something else deadly are they?"
"Oh no! No, no no! They're just the lethal lairs of the Leviathans."
"Great. But X marks the spot right? You buried your treasure there?"
"...No... I just found the map. But X ALWAYS marks the spot laddie! There must be something good there!"
"Do you at least know where in the world this island is?"
"Ya- Nar. That I don't laddie, but how many islands could there really be like this one?"
"This is a terrible prize."
"Yar. Would ye like a Pirate Hat tae sweeten the blow?"
"Yar."
"That's the spirit laddie! Now I'd best be settin' me sails! I'll be back again if I ever find more plunder tae sell! Fare ye well laddies!"

Salty Pete has left the GAL.

Soars has won: 40GP, a Mysterious Treasure Map and a Pirate Captain's Hat: Activated by yelling 'ARRRRRRRR*', the fearsome sight temporarily reduces one enemy's DEF by 2 points. Cooldown: 10 Turns.

--------------------------------------------------------

*Or similar piratey shouts.
► Show Spoiler

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Soars runs around the room annoying all the other goblins with his best Pirate accent. "Shiver Me Timbers, Haul the Main Sail, ummmm I've never really been a pirate before anyone got some better sayings?" After tiring himself out he'll start asking the other goblins and Robert if they recognize anything from the map that would help them figure out where it leads to.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:32 am

"You sound like a landlubber, Soars. You will need to practice a lot more." Remedy jokes.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:08 am

Just as a heads up, another quest by yours truly will be happening here as soon as Quest 1 finishes, in case any of those players would like to throw their names in the hat. I've enjoyed the break in between, but I'm almost ready to throw another quest at you.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:10 am

Cool!
Remedy absolutely throws her name into the hat once the sign-up-period starts. :D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:29 am

As does Laughs.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler