The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (Playwitch + spear =???)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:04 am

Played around with coloring Costa... now with bigger mustache!

[thumbnail]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AxIL ... 675432.png[/thumbnail]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:33 pm

love the coloring but he looks so much better with the pinkish glasses

costa comes back from his quest pissed off and orders a strong ale
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:51 pm

askstoomuch wrote:love the coloring but he looks so much better with the pinkish glasses
I can do a rosy glasses version... misplaced my stylus though.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (The Mouse Chef Arrives!)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:31 pm

The Mouse Chef (Finally) Arrives!

Laughs decides to test the spear by propping it up in a corner and letting it go. He gazes at it and shudders as a wave of fear washes over him. As he picks it up again, the feeling disappears...

Suddenly, the door to the GAL is slammed open and a familiar face (to some at least) appears in the doorway!

"Hello! Hello! Sorry about the delay, I stopped to collect a few things on my way here and then hitched a lift with a rather pleasant merchant! Now don't worry about me, I'll just set my things up in the kitchen!"

"A trader? Are they staying?"
"Ah! About time Ben showed up! I've been expecting him for a while now!"

Costa sticks his head outside and is pleased to find that the merchant does indeed appear to be setting up his cart ready to trade.

"Ben! Long time no see! Welcome back!"
"Good to be back! I hope you've got a few more customers for me than you did last year!"

You now have access to Ben the Trader. He will stay here until the GAL 7 questers come back (assuming they do actually make it back...).

A few moments later, the mouse chef reappears.

"You know, I always liked working outside. I'll just set up out there. Don't mind me."

The Mouse Chef now has a stall outside the GAL HQ ready to supply all your healing potion requirements! He will be a permanent addition to the HQ (unless he dies, but that should pretty much go without saying right?).

Leaves decides to try tackling the fires in the kitchen. Unfortunately the fountain is too heavy for him to move alone, so he starts filling bottles and pouring them on the fires. It's slow going, but it's not like he's got anything else to do and eventually the kitchen stops being on fire.

He scrawls a short note and hands it to the dragon. When it becomes clear that the dragon doesn't (or won't) read, he passes it to Savage instead who rolls his eyes and reads the text, albeit with a heavy hint of sarcasm.

"Sir Dragon, thank you again for the transportation. Is something the matter with which we can assist you? Also, would you be so kind as to please take some caution with your potent flame around our meek (MEEK!?) timber inn?"

"Not really. I was hungry and this morsel offered me food in exchange for not being eaten and made quite an intriguing business proposition. I will sleep on it."

Shortly afterwards, the dragon is snoring loudly. Its breaths shake the HQ.

Savage grabs Leaves by the arm.

"You brought a DRAGON to my HQ?! Do you have any idea what this will do? We'll be the talk of the continent! Hah! Well done! I'd offer you a reward, but since it's destroyed half the building and eaten most of our food I think we'll call it even."

--------------------------------------------
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (The Mouse Chef Arrives!)

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:45 pm

thinkslogically wrote:You now have access to Ben the Trader. He will stay here until the GAL 7 questers come back.
*evil glare* Hope you guys get something good but also that I don't miss anything amazing.
thinkslogically wrote:The Mouse Chef now has a stall outside the GAL HQ ready to supply all your healing potion requirements! He will be a permanent addition to the HQ (unless he dies, but that should pretty much go without saying right?).
I guess that makes up for it. *no more evil glaring*
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (The Mouse Chef Arrives)

Post by Synch » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:54 pm

Thinks, not sure if you have another update coming or not (apologies if you do) but my character seems to be missing. He is currently in the kitchen trying to sort out the fire and the dragon (see previous page.)
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:55 pm

technically, if the hellmutt was wading in the waterpool he would be dead....technically...maybe this one is special though..

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:20 pm

@synch - missed your actions, sorry! THere's an edit on it's way to you now.

@Badge - While being technically correct may be the best kind of correct, I've made the executive decision that as long as its ear flame stays lit, the hellmutt is alive and well. Also he looks cute in there so he can stay.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:07 pm

wow, so complex. so much happened in the leage HQ itself...nearly an adventure of it's own. I wish I could have played more than one adventure so far. ;)
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:06 pm

► Show Spoiler
Deciding that his weapon is now strictly melee, Laughs tucks it away for the time being and heads out to see the new trader. "Hello there my good man! *hhehehe* Say, what happened to your *tee* eye? *hehehahaa* Got anything good to sell?", Laughs asks in rapid fire.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:51 am

Nerre wrote:wow, so complex. so much happened in the leage HQ itself...nearly an adventure of it's own. I wish I could have played more than one adventure so far. ;)
That was sort of the point in the GAL really. It should give you guys somewhere to hang out and RP / do stuff while people are away on adventures. I know I've not been updating it particularly regularly lately due to work commitments, but we should be getting past that now.

Incidentally, if there are things you guys want to do to the GAL HQ or the surrounding areas (e.g. start a vegetable garden, go hunting / treasure-hunting / trading etc.) you are more than welcome to do that. You already have a couple of leads for random things out there in the world, and you have NPCs etc. to talk to about the nearby world (because there is a whole world out there beyond the swamp). These kinds of side-quests / explorations will be updated sporadically and aren't guaranteed to be safe, but you can basically do whatever you want.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:04 pm

I am assuming that Asks is now back from the quest...and although they were pushed out of the quest, it still counts as "completed" and not ran away...I say this because I believe this makes Blood Song +3 now. Am i correct?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Yeah, that still definitely counts as a completed quest. Hell, asks played that game for like 70 turns, the least he deserves is another +1 to Blood Song.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:23 pm

If quest 6 counted, you haven't linked it on page 1....just for you to know.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:25 pm

goodday there my friend *costa walks up to the trader*

I have just the thing for you trader, me and some friends went on a quest the other day and guess who we ran into
well It is kind of a hard guess, we bumped into king larquack third of his name, king of the northern swamp tribes. best frog warrior ever been they said. not good engouh to last more then a few rounds against me and the misses *pulls out blood song who greets him* he went down like all his frog tribesman, got this off his corpse, seems quite valuable, dont you agree
solid gold, quite heavy, I don't know the current price humans put on gold but I bet someone like you could really find this thing a nice home

so what do you say my friend, I need some new clothes, a bag and some gear, care to make a deal ?

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:26 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Yeah, that still definitely counts as a completed quest. Hell, asks played that game for like 70 turns, the least he deserves is another +1 to Blood Song.

thanks you thinks,

*scuba dive hug*

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:44 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:If quest 6 counted, you haven't linked it on page 1....just for you to know.
Done.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Remedy greets the trader "Oh you poor man. Did you find a pointy stick?"
:zzz:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:25 pm

Leaves No Trace frees himself from the grasp of Savage and makes his way to the trader to join the others in looking over the wares.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:21 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
askstoomuch wrote:love the coloring but he looks so much better with the pinkish glasses
I can do a rosy glasses version... misplaced my stylus though.
[thumbnail]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/tEjmg ... 71-h510-no[/thumbnail]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:02 am

dude awesome !!!! he looks so funky

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (New Quest Available!)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:08 am

Caravan Route Under Threat

The triumphant goblins finally return from their quest to the Fountain of Mudhoney, exuberant and slightly sticky... Shortly after they arrive, the door to the GAL is slammed open and a rather snooty halfling walks in and sniffs.

"Ugh. The depths one must stoop to... Right, you... people. Listen to me! I have an errand I need someone to complete for me."
"Well you came to the right place. Come this way if you please."
"Urgh. I suppose you are the "owner" of this "establishment" are you? I would have thought you might take a bit more pride in how it looks..."

Outside, the goblins are excitedly interrogating Ben the Trader (and ignoring the Mouse Chef) while the halflings (rather large) hired help wait for their master to come back.

goodday there my friend!

I have just the thing for you trader, me and some friends went on a quest the other day and guess who we ran into....

well It is kind of a hard guess, we bumped into king larquack third of his name, king of the northern swamp tribes. best frog warrior ever been they said. not good engouh to last more then a few rounds against me and the misses *pulls out blood song who greets him* he went down like all his frog tribesman, got this off his corpse, seems quite valuable, dont you agree
solid gold, quite heavy, I don't know the current price humans put on gold but I bet someone like you could really find this thing a nice home

so what do you say my friend, I need some new clothes, a bag and some gear, care to make a deal ?

"Woah there! Hold yer horses there fella! First off, if yer needing clothes, then you probably want to see a proper tailor. Like that gnome fella over there in the kennel."
"Hey!"
"Second, I have plenty of gear but I need to know what you want before I can make a deal. And thirdly, I don't see any gold in yer possessions with which to make a deal. You sure yer not trying to swindle us?"

Laughs, Remedy and Leaves exit the GAL and approach the trader too.

"Oh you poor man. Did you find a pointy stick?"
Aye. Though that's got nothing to do with how I lost my eye!
"Hello there my good man! *hhehehe* Say, what happened to your *tee* eye? *hehehahaa* Got anything good to sell?"
"Heh! Yer a happy fella aren't ya? But yes, I've got plenty of good stuff. Take a look and see what you can find..."
  • Basic shortsword (+1ATT / 1H): 10 GP
  • Basic longsword (+2 ATT / 1H): 20 GP
  • Greatsword (+3 ATT / 2H): 50 GP
  • Spear (+2 ATT / 2H): 15 GP
  • Wooden Shield (+1 DEF / 1H): 10 GP
  • Iron Shield (+2 DEF / 1H): 25 GP
  • Tower Shield (+3 DEF / 1H): 50 GP
  • Throwing Axe (+1 ATT / 1H): 5 GP each
  • Shortbow (+1 ATT / 2H): 15 GP
  • Arrows (ATT depends on bow): 1 GP each

Back inside, Savage and the halfing appear to have reached an agreement. Savage posts a new quest on the board while the halfling looks disgusted and tries not to touch anything.

-------------------

Caravan Route Under Threat!

GM: Spiderwrangler
Quest-giver: Moric Antos Hadorn, of Hadorn and Sons Haberdashery and Fine Goods
Difficulty: Hard
No. of Questers: 4-6

Objective: Clear out the spiders that have been attacking one's caravans and ruining one's business!
Reward: A purse of gold to anyone who returns alive.
Bonuses: One will pay extra for any valuable silks recovered during the mission.

A note about this game: This game will be more combat-oriented than puzzles and will be text-based (with occasional images when SW fancies making them),

---------------------------------

@asks/badge - Costa doesn't have any gold items in his inventory. Can you guys confirm what you want to trade and that asks actually has all the stuff he should have?

@badge - Tea also doesn't seem to have a trapper-keeper spot (unless I'm blind).

@everyone - I've moved any inactive players to the upper floor so we can see who's still around. The exceptions are the 2 NPCs at the bar (and the Barman) and BeanDip's sprite (in orange). I figure she can stay.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:24 am

"Ooooooo! *teeeehe* I like the look of those *hhehe* throwing axes, my good trader! I'd like a pair! *Teee* Please." Laughs will gleefully hand over the necessary gold (10gp).

Afterwards, he'll head over to the mouse chef. "How are *tee* things coming along? Do you have anything to *beehehehe* sell yet?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:40 am

(I assume Costa is trying to pay with the giant gold crown he got off the frogling king.)

All will find Dashon to tell him the quest is complete, and give him the book that he was also looking for (the one that Shegoblin had) - she will ask him to Identify the magic items in her possession and pay him out of her reward money.

All will make sure Savage doesn't want the Gold Skull or Bee Parts as a trophy before anything else is done with them.

She will then go and empty all the "stuff for sale" (that she and Steals had from the rescue mission) out of her chest, and go join the queue to see the Trader.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:14 am

A caravan under threat, you say? I'm still trying to figure out how Dawnstarism works. It's very new and very small. But, while it is founded on peace, I'm still pretty sure that allowing innocents to be devoured by giant monsters is against my religion. To the rescue!
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler