Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04 am

I'm free pretty much all weekend, so yeah, that works for me! :D

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 am

Well it would be the 27th of january. Can always repeat the succes another day :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:15 am

I suppose you can count me in as well. :P

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 am

I live in my own time zone. And I'll be out of town at the end of the month. I might be able to join in at times, but not regularly.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:20 am

So, 27th, GMT+1 2-3pm? Is anyone who wants to join going to have problems with that or are we confirmed?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Random Thread 2: the dodge percent

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:16 am

Theis2 wrote:... I'm going to suggest times in GMT +1 because that is obviously the best timezone...
Agreed.

It is a great time, if I didn't have a family...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:55 am

Well... You have never experienced true terror until you know there is a large spider (Maybe like 3-5 inches across) somewhere in your room, and said spider has already made an attempt to greet you by climbing onto your foot.

Now, it's just a huntsman, and I know they're generally quite friendly actually. They'll avoid biting unless they have absolutely no other option, and a lot of people can pick them up with bare hands. But having something the size of your palm climb onto my foot completely unexpected? No thanks.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:07 am

I had a Brazilian pink toe get out and I woke up to her 'snuggling' my face, I guess 'cus it was warm. The fear was brief but intense. So I get what you mean.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:17 am

To this day I don't understand how people actually survive in Australia.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:53 am

It's because the spiders that get into your house in urban areas are actually just terrifying dorks. For example, I now feel better because I just scared the sh*t out of that spider. It was walking along the wall over my door, so I thought I'd go open the door so that it could maybe leave. When I got close it seemed to notice me for the first time and kind of danced sideways and away from me in what looked like a perfect spider version of a person tripping over their own legs after getting a fright.
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:55 am

Dlover wrote:So, 27th, GMT+1 2-3pm? Is anyone who wants to join going to have problems with that or are we confirmed?
In your local time.

That's pretty early in US times. 8am here on the East Coast. 5am on the West Coast. But considering the spread of people, that may be the best we can do. Hard to predict for myself, especially given the absolute mess my sleep has been this week.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Awww, silly spider.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:05 am

Whoops, forgot to answer you Wears, but yeah I know it's super early in the US but at the same time it's closing in on midnight for those on the east coast of Australia sadly. I promise I did check beforehand and used this site to compare, but looking back I can see it's very hidden in the wall of text I wrote :P

@Rodgeir I hope you can ditch the family (or have them join), even for a brief moment :P

Oh and here's the link to my twitch channel which I'm sure will be useful while playing the jackbox party packs :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:31 am

Double post of awesome! Or maybe not, but I've started streaming for those that want to come join my not so sociable self that is filled with the weirdness of a conversation with a 30 sec delay :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:59 am

Just as a heads up, we're starting with jacbox party pack. :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:17 am

Aw man, I just woke up. I'll swing over to the twitch in bit if you guys are still there?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:19 am

Yep, still there :D

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:30 am

I think a couple of random people found us, but still going :p

If you have any preferences on the game type to play you can sneak in a suggestion. I'll post when we finish :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:19 am

It was great fun playing jackbox with you! I'm sad there seemed to be some issues for the Americans with a big delay or lag for them.

I would like a new rule though.. Dusk can't join anymore! He won too much! :lol:

I'll likely do this again and maybe try to change the times every now and again depending on what suits. I'll maybe learn to be a better host in the future (likely not) and fill the void with lovely Danish accent :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:21 am

That was fun! Glad I got to join in. But I suck at lying. :p

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:28 am

You had first place at some point!
But why complain about you can't lie when you are the most liked! :lol:

The best part was random people joined the game and instantly felt just how much M0rt he sucks!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:32 am

The randomers shit-talking Mort was definitely the best part! Besides me winning, of course :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Agreed, it was fun for the part I was present for. I don't think I've ever been so angry at an inanimate object as I was when my laptop started freaking out and crashing. Stupid technology ruining my social interactions.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:38 am

So this is a little bit (a lot) late, but then again I only got (probably) two leavers for this plan on the last day... So while a three player session could probably work, I'm gonna try and fill the ranks a bit if I can still.

So the short of it is I will be running a 5th edition game through tabletop simulator this evening, starting somewhere around 8 pm GMT+1. Knowing how to play is not an actual requirement, and I've a couple sheets prepared for use if needed, although making your own is also okay. So if you have discord, tabletop simulator and you're available at the time, you can join if interested. Assuming others haven't snagged away the spot already. :P

Reason for not needing to know how 5th edition works is that for most people there this will be their first encounter with 5th edition, or even just a real D&D game in general, so I've designed this first session to be a bit of a "tutorial dungeon"- Hopefully not being boring while going through some of the aspects of the game, and show off that it's really not that complicated once you start understanding how things work. The session in particular is probably going to be a once-off, but I might end up inviting whoever joins for the next one depending on how things pan out.

So assuming you're interested, just notify me and I'll let things happen. Looking for one, maybe two players to bolster the ranks. :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:06 am

I've got work I'm afraid and that would be about 2pm my time. Hope it goes well tho!