Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Random Thread 2: the dodge percent

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:35 am

Yeah fair enough. Glad it's missed you anyway :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:54 am

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't, too. There were people in the path who refused to evacuate because the emergency shelters didn't accept pets, and trying to make that sort of decision would be awful.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:01 am

Yeah, hurricane Matthew missed us last year and I'm very glad it did... Those big storms are just scary, but at least we seem to have plenty of shelters with space for animals here; and it was easy enough to drive somewhere out of the path if necessary.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:51 am

My computer keeps on getting bsod i am hoping the system restore will work before the pc goes to bsod...and nope does not seem so. Okay so it does not seem to work damn it damnit damnit

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:39 pm

D: The blue sod attacks. Any way you can fix it, or is this the end of the line for your computer?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:54 pm

BSOD should be fixable with a recovery disk, although it might be another issue and it's hard to do tech support from the other side of the ocean... Not to mention it might be something else besides just the OS, and as we all know, some of Microsoft's new error messages are so helpful. :roll:

Does the BSOD tell you why it fails..? I can have a quick look to see if there's anything easy to be done about it...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:08 am

I was able to repair it but i do not know what was wrong

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:54 pm

So... Having seen badges world of darkness suggestion in recruitment, I got all exited... Sadly he decided to wait a bit till more interest may show up...

But... I'm still up for some modern Gothic horror.
So... With that said, would anyone be up for a one time Roll20.com session in the world of darkness?
Maybe a game as humans that have a run in with the supernatural... that could be used as bg for a game later?
(both vampires, mages and werewolves start as humans, but in game you usually start a bit or just after "the embrace, awakening or change"
This could create a great back story for the characters...
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:21 am

"A good nights sleep is the first step to kicking ass."
Well, the latest update to Sleepless Domain probably embodies why it's been my favourite comic for a while now. Though pretty much everything by Mary Cagle is great.

For those who don't know about Sleepless Domain, here. It may seem like a cheesy magical girl comic at first, but... Okay, well, it is, but there's more to it than that. I can't really explain why I like it so much, other than I find the characters charming, I guess?
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:07 pm

You know what Dlover?

I did not need another comic.... but here you go ruining my perfectly 7 comics for 7 days system :lol:

Hehe.... im not fully up to date, but it does seem like a nice comic so far.. really like the "intro" chapter :)
so thanks :)
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:59 am

So I was working on an assignment practically all day today, finished a few hours ago... Writing for a dozen hours straight is rather painful. >.>

Also, I suck at math. Especially probability. But it really doesn't help when I read the symbol for integration as differentiation. Well, it's better than the last assignment I was working on, where I accidentally started on the wrong one. >.>
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:32 am

Our area got the connected to the National Broadband thing recently, and so far our connection speed is more than ten times what it was before. Remarkable. Australia's connection is going from Awful to Bad.
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:07 am

Well, at least it's not daily up :lol:

On another note, I'm trying to recruit people for a short nWoD game of mortals. To introduce people to the lovely simple rules for world of darkness :)
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1716
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:37 am

I'd be interested, but unfortunately I've been unreasonably busy lately, and if I'm not responsible enough to put off the games I'm in already I am responsible enough to not join more. >.>

On another note, I got a fancy commemorative coin today. It's extremely shiny, being a year old. Also has a fancy coloured ring on it. Seems like there were a few colours, one for each olympic ring. I'll bet collecting a full set would be worth something in the future, but I've never been much of a collector.
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:18 pm

yea... I collected special coins before.. But then it seemed like denmark went crazy with them and you gained them all the time.. so stopped being fun... (and the prospect of them gaining value veined slowly)

Also, its okay... Sadly time seems to be a restrain for a lot of us currently....
Meh... We got two players so far... one or two more and we are go :)
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:33 pm

LAYF wrote:(and the prospect of them gaining value veined slowly)
Yeah, I wouldn't expect the value of these to go up much, but since these were only made for a year and there's actually a set, with the olympic colours, it might have a little value.
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 am

I'm going to be busy this weekend. So if I'm not around, Kal can nod and smile and look shiny.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:44 am

Cool, will do :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:26 am

Phew, I'm finally done with binding of isaac! I guess I should do as the last achievement says and head outside :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:58 am

I stopped making progress in that once the semester started. Still have four or five characters to beat Super Greed, need to beat the newest boss with The Lost, and I'll need to collect all the items at least once, too. So close, yet so far.
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:45 am

Collecting the items was the worst part for me. I had so many attempts trying to get the delirious from the angel room, but it refused to show up for the longest time.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 am

Yyyyeah, I'm missing a bunch of stuff. Do I have to get the Booster Pack items? 'cause that adds like 9, and they're only going to release more. If I don't have to get those of the achievement I'm only 9 items short, including the ones I haven't unlocked, but they still dilute the item pool. -.-
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:39 am

I'm not sure if they are necessary, but a lucky run with either two steam sales and restock or some similar situation should be able to give you most of the items you need :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:57 am

That's, what, 1/1000? More? I've had double Steam Sale two or three times, but only ever once when there were shops left, and that was on the Depths 2... I should probably try finding secret rooms more. Well, not like I'm playing normal runs much anyway, until I've finished all the Greedier Mode completion marks.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Blowing up all those shopkeepers? They have just that tiny chance to drop a steam sale, too...

But yeah, I only had it happen to me once. Slowly been bumming myself out on having to grind greed mode to get the starting item for the lost since I'm not good enough to win with him otherwise, although it's kind of amazing to see it still manages to draw so much playtime years since it actually launched.