Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Random Thread 2: the dodge percent

Post by Dlover » Thu May 18, 2017 4:35 am

>.> Car physics are hard to set up. There's no chance of something so fancy as drifting in just a couple of weeks. As for breaking down, you must have collided with buildings too much. That's the only thing that damages the car. The tutor had a similar thought, though. They gave me good marks for a novel idea, but said the controls made it 'nearly unplayable'.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 18, 2017 5:28 am

and am I correct in assuming that you just play in a huge square?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 18, 2017 5:48 am

Yeah. Hold M for the map (Which is just a top-down view of the game). That should be listed in the controls.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 30, 2017 4:30 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:41 am

>.> So, to the people who've perfected Afterbirth, how do you deal with the Ultra Hard challenge? I've been trying constantly for days now, and it's the most infuriating thing I've experienced. There's got to be some trick, right?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:45 am

Not tried it myself yet as I'm simply not good enough to complete Isaac even without the final dlc, but I heard horror stories about hard mode. Like... "I got placenta and spent ten minutes just waiting for my HP to regen from that" horror stories... >.>

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 am

Oh, I've had that. I had one run where I almost beat the challenge because I had Placenta and 8 hearts to fill. Took over 2 hours, most of it sitting around. Turns out having that much health going into the Mega Satan fight doesn't help when you only have 3 damage and really low tears.
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:52 am

I've beaten the challenges a long time ago so I'm not entirely sure how it is, but I'll reinstall the game and give it a try to see if I can give any advice on it
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:42 am

It's tougher than I remember and seems they've limited damage up.. I got ipecac but for some reason I only got a tiny damage up but also tears up.
Best suggestion is to try get some of the shop items and hope for rechargeable pills or tarot cards as they will be the only source of healing you get, besides items like pj. Might be better to avoid pills entirely so you don't accidently get hp down or bad trip (Bad trip is however nice enough when you are down to 1 heart, so just eat pills at that point).
If you don't get anything that replenishes your hp, you might as well take the devil deals for your empty heart containers unless you hope to get some healing on the next floor.
Also don't waste hp on anything, no matter how enticing it is.
Unlocking the soul and the body is also a great idea before attempting it

As a final note, double trouble ragman and mega ragman sucks
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Yeah, damage is really limited. And healing methods even more so, especially with the Lovers and Hierophant cards having no effect.

Also, yes, those bosses suck. The version of Little Horn who deals contact damage with the bombs he spawns is almost as annoying.
My game:

My characters:

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:17 pm

I'm just gonna leave this here... http://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1729
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:17 am

:O I beat Ultra Hard! Finally! Got Pyromaniac right near the start of the game, built up a bunch of health and stocked up bombs and keys, carried a Bombs Are Key pill into the last fight. In the first half pretty much any mistake I made was corrected by the spawned enemies that made explosions and the hands' attacks. Second half I had a good 30 bombs and keys to heal up, so even with low damage I managed to chip away until I won. It's the damned cheesiest way to win, but that challenge was hard enough to justify it.

Now there are just a few items to collect and I'll have perfected the game.
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:24 am

Cool! I think I had the most trouble with the speedrun challenge, but that might be because the entire purpose of it is so different from how I usually play games.

Now we just need for M0rt to stop sucking so much and beat the game so we can have a trio of winners :P (or anyone else besides M0rt, but he's the only one here that I know plays the game)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:26 am

I will readily admit I suck too much at BOI to ever complete the game in a reasonable timespan.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:33 am

Uhhh i have not played the game in ages and tried playing it and...I suuuuck. Badly. The first floor is giving me problems (using issac, i have other characters unlocked but tried to get back to the groove of things)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:15 am

M0rtimer wrote:I will readily admit I suck too much at BOI to ever complete the game in a reasonable timespan.
Uh... Define "Reasonable timespan." I have 919 hours logged and still have to find a few items for the true perfection. >.>
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:21 am

Wow, I have 548 hours at the moment, some of those from after I completed it (not many though). I did however take one or two breaks between the expansions for a prolonged time. Also have been very goal oriented and really gone after the achievements when I started playing again.

The game decided playing lost on hard difficulty was the best way to see how rusty I am. Which is quite a bit as I didn't even beat mom with those couple of runs
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:29 am

Where are you guys getting all this time from... 170 hours here for me. Pretty sure I'm nowhere near 100% though. :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:21 pm

I've been aiming for the achievements too. I just A. Suck a lot, and B. Tend to leave the game running through the day when I'm not playing.

As for where all my time comes from... Well, the game was released 2014, and I bought it on the day of release (Or, technically I got it for free because I owned the original game). So I've had 3 years to build up that time.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Auuuu, the last item I have to find is the Eye of Greed. Gone through all of my Eden tokens at this point, so I can't use that cheese anymore. The wiki says it only spawns in secret rooms, but also has it listed in the Greed Mode item room pool, so I spent over an hour as Cain just walking in there and restarting if it wasn't there, but there are something like 255 items in that pool, and I'm pretty sure it's got a pretty goddamn low spawn chance compared to others since I've seen some items three or four times now. So I guess the thing to do now is go for Isaac runs and hope I can reroll items in secret rooms to get it to spawn? But of course it's a goddamn troll game, so now I've spent half an hour with no secret rooms spawning any items at all, so that entire plan is completely useless. I don't want to spend my entire goddamn holiday looking for ONE GODDAMN ITEM!

Hah, I finally got it. Tried the greed mode method again and eventually got lucky. Game perfected!
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:17 am

Congrats! You are finally free!
I know your struggle, I was missing a rare angel room item so I was cursing the game in a similar way :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:42 am

I was already pretty annoyed before all the time grinding because I spent all my Eden tokens first and what do you know, the three items before that last one that I'd needed all showed up, but I'd foolishly spent about a half hour for each of them. :p
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Hey, guys! I'm making my semi-annual non-gaming related forum post!

I hope everybody is doing well. I recently graduated college, and have been working two jobs, so, unfortunately really busy. (Which I hope explains why I've been so bad at replying to your game, Mort). I would say I'm trying to get back into the forum and talk more, but if I'm being honest, that's unlikely at the moment.

One of the reasons I'm posting (other than to say Hi!!!) is to ask a computer question, and most, if not all of you, are much more qualified than I am to answer it.

I recently got a new laptop. This one. I also am downloading steam. With the summer sale going on, it's probably the best time to get some good games for cheap, which is nice.What I don't know is what I can realistically run. I have a TB of memory, so I'm not worried about storing the games, but processor-wise, and graphics-wise, I don't really know what I can handle.

I'm sticking with mostly older games and a few turn-based ones, but it might be nice to see if I can run some newer stuff before the sale ends. (I could get Fallout 4 for 15 bucks!)
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:59 am

This is a terribly late reply, (Mostly since I missed it on first instance) but I'm sorry to say you probably shouldn't be hoping for playing too much graphically intensive games with that laptop- It's got no external graphic cards, which is pretty much required for anything intensive... Although if you're sticking to older games, the integrated one should be able to carry you a good way. It's also got good memory, so if you like games such as rimworld, minecraft etc which are more cpu/ram intensive than they are GPU, you'll be fine.This site might also be a help if you want to figure out in advance if you might be able to run it- And worst comes to worst, remember that you can now, within two hours of playtime and two weeks of purchase date, always have your game fully refunded should it not work/another reason.

The reason I opened this thread to have it rise from the grave, though... Well firstly I figured this was the best place to put it, besides maybe in God school too. But I used to make simple battle maps for my games- But I always found myself investing too much time on little things trying to use it- You want a 12x12 map rather than 10x10 you got? Either redraw your whole grid, or try to make it work by extending your current one. This image you took from the internet? Yeah, it had a transparent background, I turned it black. Have fun figuring out how to copy it either with an alpha channel, or manually fix it. Oh, it also turns out you accidentally dragged your map two pixels to the left ten minutes ago, so have fun fixing that-

Basically, long story short, it was both a bit too finicky and not specific enough for what I wanted to do, which combined with the fact picture updates generally took longer, and at the time I was doing them in the past I was also switching between PC's, making it harder to continue work if I had started it on one and now was on another... Eventually just pretty much dropped doing them completely.

But you know what they say... If you want things done right, you have to do themselves.

Made this little thing in about a good afternoon. Figured I'd share it, just in case other GM's out there might find it useful...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:46 am

I just got 7ed call of chtulu books. Once i figure out how to play and lean the system there might be something in the future.