Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Random Thread 2: the dodge percent

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:20 pm

When I get to The Lost I'm only going to win if I have an explosion immunity item. That's how I've won most of the greedier runs so far. >.>
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Yeaaaaah, I've seen a lot of people say "Well if I get pyromaniac I win, otherwise I might as well just restart unless I got an awesome combo"

With that said I still haven't gotten myself the latest expansion... :shifty:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:25 pm

The new last fight in Greedier is 99% explosion attacks. The only non-explosions attack specific positions or are extremely telegraphed and easy to dodge So if you get any items that make you immune to explosions and aren't dumb you just win that fight by default. You've still got to get there, though... I'll admit I restart a lot, though. I don't want goddamn health as my starting items as Keeper.

... Perfect what you have before getting the latest expansion. Getting it will only make getting what you're still missing harder. I've been lucky so far in that twice I've perfected the game literally the day before the expansion released.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:16 am

I can't believe I just lost a Keeper run as I was about to win Greedier mode because I didn't realise I'd taken damage. Coins all over, so I could've healed, but I wanted to save them for healing. And then I just up and die because I thought I was at full health. Goddamned dumb.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:27 am

Guppy's Collar goddamn saves the day. I don't think it or Nine Lives have ever been useful to me, both just respawning me so I can die again over and over, but this time it actually saved me twice, and lead to beating Delirium with The Lost. The first time I accidentally walked into a demon beggar, was pretty pissed that I did something so dumb, and was quite surprised when Guppy's Collar, which I'd forgotten about, revived me. The second time was in the Delirium fight itself. Had one of those bullshit moments where it changes into the foot form and then as it's about to stomp changes to another form, so it just instantly hits you, which is the most bullshit way to die, and for once the game agreed, gave me another shot.

Also, found a fun combination: Compost, 9Volt, Sackboy, Hive Mind, Sack of Sacks, and an insane luck stat. Every room nets a bunch of collectibles, and compost turns those into flies and spiders. And I got pretty lucky with Luck Up pills from the sacks, so I quickly had 11 Luck, which just meant more minions. Killed everything but Delirium instantly.
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:42 am

Sorry for the sudden drop out... Got extremely busy really fast, got bad Internet here...
Can't even load the site most of the time...
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:51 pm

That sucks, LAYF. Hopefully things get better for you.
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 am

Oh nothing is wrong, just work stuff.. That happens.
I'm on my way home now, should be able to write more come this evening or tomorrow morning :)

But I'm sorry if I gave the impression that something was wrong. Not at all, just really busy and bad interment/no energy left...
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:01 am

Bad internet and being tired seem like bad times to me. Doesn't get much worse without being true catastrophe. :P
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Needs to get Dlover a real job...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Pff, I'm a student with zero time for jobs. Which is also part of why those are awful conditions, because I need both energy and the internet to get my studies done.
My game:

My characters:

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:08 pm

What's the most complex thing I can think of trying to do using magic to test if tech tree idea for my current project?...hm....oh, I know...the internet! There's no way that'd work.
....unless.....
Necromancy>store souls of dead (magic crystals)>communicate with dead
+ build a library
+hypnosis > amnesia > upload library now that their minds have been wiped
+ short-range telepathic communication = soul gem networks, all information on the network can be retrieved from any crystal
Deal with the devil> summon magical minions who are adept at filtering out all the information not relevant to your query
+trap the minions in their own crystals > sell these for personal use.

On the one hand, the experiment seems successful.....on the other hand.... I'm more than a little worried about the society of test kingdom...especially since they seem to be leaning chaotic evil...

Now,...an x-ray machine?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:10 am

Okay... Took longer to get back on sleep than I expected.

So, long story short...
Due to my work I'll only be home at weekends for the next two weeks (and for the week that just passed.)
A guy got bad case of virus so I had to fill in for him on a three weeks task with less than an hours notes.

That will include getting home 2200-2330 o clock Friday and having to go on job from around 1800 sunday...
I will have some sort of Internet, from bad to semi okayish connection during the day and evenings. But with 11 hour shifts and 4+ hours of transportation each day. I'm not sure I'll have any energy left for anything...
Heck, yesterday I was up for 4 hours, and I just got out of bed two hours ago..
There is only 5 left till I drive back (4 hour drive) to work.

So with all that said.. I may, but will not update any of my games or reply to pm...
If you guys need me, Wears and those I play on roll20 with know how to get a hold of me on messenger.

Sorry to leave you guys like this... But I will be back, if not before then in two or three weeks when my sleep-o'meter is full again....
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:55 pm

Blaaaarg. I have been helping cleaning up my great aunt's house since thurs. She has been hoarding a bunch of shit. Today was my day off so I worked over there for 9 hours, busting my butt. We finally got help today so we got more rooms done, bust there is still quite a bit more to do.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:56 pm

All right folks, we're heading offshore tonight and will probs not have internet access for the duration. I'll catch back up when we're back in phone range, but it might be a long break.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Have fun! Or at least, y'know, don't hate it.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 03, 2017 2:30 am

So I have a gamemaking course this semester, and I thought I'd show off just how bad a game can be if you take somebody who's never made a proper game, give them some tutorial videos, and tell them to make a game in four weeks - while keeping up other studies.

Uh... I could have sworn there was a thing for hiding things from non-members, but I can't remember how to do that, so if anybody wants to try some average games I can PM you a link to the downloads. The zip folders have the assets and everything included, but you should only need the exe files to run them.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 03, 2017 2:38 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 03, 2017 2:45 am

... How did I miss the GIANT H button? Well, my secret's revealed, I have worse perception than my characters, and they're all blind. >.>
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
My game:

My characters:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed May 10, 2017 5:48 am

I'm back... Just wanted to show signs of life...
Going to sleep for a few thousand years, them getting back to toy guys...
-Best regards LAYF

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed May 10, 2017 8:43 am

And I am just about out the door for four weeks of travel apparently...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 pm

Hey folks, for those of you in my games, I'm back from sea, but I'll not be back to updating until the weekend probably. I'm just off of a 9-3 (ish) schedule pattern (on both sides of the clock) so it's going to take a couple of days to get back to normal levels of sleep and creativity!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed May 17, 2017 5:36 am

Dlover, for someone who says they haven't made games before, I'm impressed. in fact, you kind of make it look easy.

Space shooter was more fun than the car driver...it was weird that you could drive through the walls of the city.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 17, 2017 6:22 pm

:D I'm glad you liked them. It takes a while to get them working properly.

>.> Yeah, I tried to fix that but I couldn't get the walls to be properly solid, only applied more force to the bouncing, so if the player was going to get any sort of decent speed the options were "Plow through buildings as high speed" or "Bounce until you die if you clip a building at all.

How's the steering? I realised recently that I may have uploaded the wrong build, and it may reverse the steering when driving south (I'd been looking at getting it to steer like an actual car when reversing). If it does, I screwed up on my submission for the assessment. >.<
My game:

My characters:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 18, 2017 4:23 am

I thought the steering was fine other than the fact that there were no drift capabilities.

I found myself ignoring the passengers and speeding through the map trying to figure out the best way to take the corners....and then my car broke down.