Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Random Thread 2: the dodge percent

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:07 am

Hey! Just another pointer to the recruitment thread. We have another new forumite looking to run a pbp 5e DND game, and is in need of another couple of players.

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:25 am

Yeah, come play! It'll be great!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 am

Sorry for disappearing the last couple of days or so but I have been sick and not really up to reading on a screen and still isn't. Nothing too serious and I'll return when my body and I are on equal terms on how this should be going :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:24 am

I'm gonna wish you well, but really, we both know I just poisoned your food and am currently cackling with glee. :roll:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:07 am

Ooft, hope you get better soon! Poisoning is no joke :P

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:20 am

Mort needs to get a new hobby soon...

I hope you feel better soon Theis
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:10 am

Hey folks - just a heads up that I'm back in the UK for 10 days for a wedding so will be on an earlier time zone and probably not checking in quite as much as usual through the day.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:56 am

If Trump lets you back in...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Take that to contraversy or contraversy light.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:24 pm

It was intended as a joke...not an actual controversial statement...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:39 am

It's all good on my part, I took it as a joke I just haven't had much chance to be on here :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:47 pm

For f***s sake, why on the day an assignment is due am I receiving messages from my group members saying they broke it? Why did they not finish things days ago, when there was plenty of time for me to fix their screw-ups?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:31 am

Ah, the joys of group work. Hope you have time to fix it!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 am

I did, thankfully. It wasn't too hard to fix, but that also means it shouldn't have happened in the first place. The person who remade an object didn't attach a collider to it, so the game just didn't have any information about how the object collides with others. Turns out leaving the level on touching the exit doesn't work when you can't touch the exit.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 pm

The Humble ExtraLife Bundle this time around contains a bunch of digital Pathfinder books. If you're wanting to get in on that, now's a good chance.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:18 am

Exams done with! One class I'd been worried about failing because of a botched assignment submission went very well, while the others I only needed half the time provided, so I'd say this was a good semester. This is the best I've ever felt after exam season, probably because I was so stressed and put in so much effort on studying.
As a side note, is it weird that I felt like my adrenaline was pumping during the really important exam?
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:37 am

Nah, stress will do that to you no matter what you're doing :) the trick with exams is being able to either think thru the adrenaline or calm down enough to clear your head.

Sounds like everything went great though, so here's hoping :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:13 am

I think it may have proven a boon for me. I'm not too good at thinking things through at the best of times, so it just let me read my notes and write out formulae faster. :p
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:04 pm

*cough* *cough* is this still on? 1, 2, 3, testing, testing.

I was wondering if there was any interest in playing a non forum game together in the new year. I know that there was some talk of don't starve together which garnered some interest until M0rt came with 10 ways to win it and half of them was avoiding me and the holy book of tentacles that made M0rt feel like a japanese schoolgirl in certain types of anime.. That of course requires people to own or invest in the game (or in another game where we can play together).

Alternatively I considered to teach myself how to stream properly and make it possible for us to play some of the jackbox party games together. It's various fast paced party games where you use your browser (usually on the phone) to participate. An example would be quiplash where you have to come up with a funny answer to a prompt (could be "What's the worst name for a fast food chain") and the participants (and audience) vote on the best answer of the two people that answered the prompt. Usually up to 8 people can participate at the same time and certain games have some audience participation, often voting on the best answer.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:52 pm

Never played those, but could be fun. I'm out of town with crap wifi and no computer for the next couple of weeks, but I'll drop in when I can.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Sounds good to me. If you guys haven't played before, "Keep talking and nobody explodes" is a ton of fun and doesn't require everyone to own the game (though you need it if you want to be the one handling the bomb).

Also I think tabletop simulator might have been half price this week on steam if that's of interest.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:07 pm

TTS was on sale earlier in the Humble Bundle store. It's $20 now, but part of that goes to charity.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tabletop-simulator
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:40 pm

Sounds fun, if there's ever a time where my time lines up with others'. That being in a "I'm not sleeping and you're not sleeping" way. Australia isn't actually out of phase with the rest of the timeline. I think. Unfortunately, the internet connection from Oz to almost literally anywhere is usually pretty bad. I think I can manage something like Jackbox if the internet doesn't kill itself, though.
(Along with the offset timezone, there's also the fact that while I'm off school I have a tendency to sleep for like 10-12 hours a day. That one's just on me, though, and could probably be overcome if I actually had a reason to get up.)

Nobody expect me to actually talk to anyone though. My only microphone is an in-built laptop one of terrible quality and my voice is equally in-built and terrible quality. :P
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:50 pm

You mean they don't just cancel out?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:10 pm

Slightly, but not to great effect. I'm up a little late into the night, but still tired, then asleep through the morning. So while I'm up when most people are getting up and moving into the day, sometimes a bit past midday if I'm up really late, I'm generally quite tired. Then again, I also have been told that that is the only time I'm amusing, so maybe it's for the best that I be exhausted while playing JackPack.

Also, I've been informed that my voice is not bad, but is bland and lacks an accent. :p
My game:

My characters: