DND: Ashren.

Home to all current Forum Games.
SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Re: DND: Ashren.

Post by SGTdude » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:18 pm

[I need an answer from Jacon before I can state what Im interested in, regarding loot. But maybe others can go ahead and say what they want.]

"I suppose you are right Adrena, we should do something to obscure or remove the tracks we leave behind."

Looking at the items laid out in front of them he adds "Shiro, why dont you take your share since we wouldn't have any of this if it wasn't for you. Then we can split up the rest and figure out if we are also splitting ways."
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:12 pm

( 1 sword is small, one sword is med. The greataxe is med. Adrena has the charm of health. . Cade has the other charm unless Kaliss takes it.)

"Shiro, why dont you take your share since we wouldn't have any of this if it wasn't for you. Then we can split up the rest and figure out if we are also splitting ways."
Shiro shrugs and walks to the pile and claims 5 gp and the lantern for himself.
" I say we just leave and not waste time covering our tracks. Orcs usually are very solitary though he could live with a small pack. Regardless sticking around isn't in our best interest."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:08 am

I dont take it from somebody, thought one was unclaimed and unidentified. Then I will cast no "detect magic".
:zzz:

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:34 am

Shiro glances at everyone. " What do you guys wanna do?"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:24 am

"I would grab what we can and get going. Neither is this a place which can provide shelter, nor do we want to be here if more orcs are coming to look for him. And for sure we should not make people appear hear earlier by setting something on fire.

OOC: I forgot if I looted anything after the last battle not on my sheet yet, or not.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:23 am

"I agree...it would be better for us to leave at the moment...I was hoping that this would provide some base nessecities but it appears to be nothing more than a ruin in the woods now..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:05 am

"Yeah, this place is a dump.. I'm sure we can find a better and more secure place than this."

Cade will pack up the rest of the loot that people haven't claimed.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:16 am

"Then it is settled it seems..." Kaliss says.
After all grabbed whatever they needed and could find, Kaliss dragged the orc inside (if he wasn't already) kicked the shack again until the roof gave in and it collapsed. With the dead orc buried below the rubble, possible pursuers might take longer to find out something was wrong and he died in a fight and not by a collapsing hut.

OOC: Is the curse from the witch/spiders still active or did it fade out at some point?

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:14 pm

The group agrees for the most part. Kaliss drags the dead orc into the building and manages to collapses the shack on top of him. After admiring his work Kaliss heads back. The group takes their loot and heads back to the road to continue their travels to Pigs Village.

After two days travel ( I think. I'll have to recheck.) You end up at the top of a hill overlooking Pigs village....It's large but thats about the nicest thing you can say about it. The homes are shacks in mud and muck that suggests Pigs village doesn't much care about sanitation. It's on the edge of a large dirty pond who's waters are brown and also strongly smelling. You doubt that much lives in it except perhaps one or two sickly fish. What you do notice is the large herds of pigs that are being driven around by large dirty looking men with clubs and staffs. The pigs seem to be the life blood of this village as their must be at least a thousands pigs in a village that couldn't house much more than 200 people.

Shiro glares down at it.
" Pigs village....You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious... Don't trust anyone down there and don't let them know about your elven heritage and for gods sake don't let the lizard eat anyone. Cannibalism is frowned upon even down here....Now if I remember right theirs a inn/shop down there. You won't find any high quality goods but at least you can grab some supplies. Theirs also's a arena for betting if you feel lucky, in or outside the fight. I don't know what your plans are but at least until we figure out what were gonna do we should stick together. The people are less likely to mess with a group than a single person."
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:58 am

"They are too disgusting too be eaten if they are anything like their village. But thanks for the warning. I think we might talk about each others culture some more to understand each other better. Might get rid of some misunderstandings. I eat only those who deserve it, to honor them for being a worthy opponent. And I only eat specific parts like the heart, which symbolizes the spirit of somebody. It is a rite, not eating, even if it requires eating. If I would eat their whole flesh it would be a sin in my culture, Guharrak, which means "defiling of a worthy enemy's remains" or "eating without honor", in your language. There is no fitting word. Normally our kin hunts their food, but we also eat food that can be collected like fruits, although that is rather a task for our women and children.

If it means anything to you: the way this city looks you are the human I trust most in here cause you fought with us. That might not mean much to humans, but it is much in my culture. We normally don't let strangers fight with us, cause fighting together is something one has to earn. Corrat is the term. Reaching Corrat, the right to fight side to side, the trust to watch somebody's back, is similar to adulthood for both genders in our culture."

Kaliss tries to cover his lizard traits, but to no avail, as they are too obvious for the little amount of cloth he has. With a wide robe maybe it might work if he would strap the tail to his waist, but not with what he is wearing now. So he decides to stick to the way of his people. Showing himself so others might see his strength and not get any stupid ideas. For the same reason, he responds to Shiro's suggestion "Yes, we should stick together. A group operating well together is like a much better fighter, like a smarter mind."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 pm

"Adrena looks about the group. "Does anyone have a handkerchief so that I may wrap my head and cover my ears? Otherwise my blood is quite obvious." She pauses for a moment. "Otherwise I would be more a problem here apparently then of assistance."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:10 pm

OOC:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:27 am

"We got a few of the rotten blankets and two helmets but nothing besides that I think."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:51 am

Adrena will nod, "Yes perhaps the helmet will do..." Adrena will try on the helmet to see if it will cover her ears...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 am

"They are too disgusting too be eaten if they are anything like their village. But thanks for the warning. I think we might talk about each others culture some more to understand each other better. Might get rid of some misunderstandings. I eat only those who deserve it, to honor them for being a worthy opponent. And I only eat specific parts like the heart, which symbolizes the spirit of somebody. It is a rite, not eating, even if it requires eating. If I would eat their whole flesh it would be a sin in my culture, Guharrak, which means "defiling of a worthy enemy's remains" or "eating without honor", in your language. There is no fitting word. Normally our kin hunts their food, but we also eat food that can be collected like fruits, although that is rather a task for our women and children.
Fine, your not a cannibal in the normal sense but even if you find the most honorable opponent don't eat any part of him.

If it means anything to you: the way this city looks you are the human I trust most in here cause you fought with us. That might not mean much to humans, but it is much in my culture. We normally don't let strangers fight with us, cause fighting together is something one has to earn. Corrat is the term. Reaching Corrat, the right to fight side to side, the trust to watch somebody's back, is similar to adulthood for both genders in our culture."[/color]
" Fine, I got your back if you got mine. Keep a eye out for rival warlord soldiers.

Kaliss tries to cover his lizard traits, but to no avail, as they are too obvious for the little amount of cloth he has. With a wide robe maybe it might work if he would strap the tail to his waist, but not with what he is wearing now. So he decides to stick to the way of his people. Showing himself so others might see his strength and not get any stupid ideas. For the same reason, he responds to Shiro's suggestion "Yes, we should stick together. A group operating well together is like a much better fighter, like a smarter mind."\
"Adrena looks about the group. "Does anyone have a handkerchief so that I may wrap my head and cover my ears? Otherwise my blood is quite obvious." She pauses for a moment. "Otherwise I would be more a problem here apparently then of assistance." "We got a few of the rotten blankets and two helmets but nothing besides that I think."
Adrena tries on a helmet and it works covering here ears. The group nods and heads down into the village.

The group draws several looks from the locals. Many stare at the lizard and gingerly touch their blades but make no other hostile moves. The people here seem for the most part, dirty and poor although you notice a few man in leather armor swaggering around as if they own the place.
Shiro leads you to a small stand where several tables are set up. Behind the stove is a pimply face hobgoblin who scoops out a nasty looking stew into bowls for customers and handing out small mugs of watered ale. You take notice of one large brutish looking man with a sword strapped to his back that almost as big as him. Several empty tankards lie about on his table. Another customer is a passed out man in nicer than normal clothes. He snores rather loudly as he clutches a wine bottle to his chest. Standing to one side of the stand is several barrels where you can see blades and weapons sticking out.
" This is pig villages store and inn....Not much to look at sadly..." Shiro says warily looking around. You notice another band of leather wearing soldier walk by. They seem to apprising you before they walk away muttering to themselves.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:38 pm

"Keep a eye out for rival warlord soldiers."
In a silent moment, when he can say it without anybody listening, Kaliss will answer "Rival warlord soldiers...you mean those in leather and better clothes?"

In the store, Kaliss takes a look around to see if there is any armor offered. But it seems there is nothing to upgrade what he is already wearing. Having basic leather clothes, padded armour, a breastplate and a good long sword, he looks for bracers and a helmet that might fit on his lizard skull.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:38 am

In a silent moment, when he can say it without anybody listening, Kaliss will answer "Rival warlord soldiers...you mean those in leather and better clothes?"
Shiro darts a look at them before shrugging his shoulders. " I don't recognize them . They don't have any embalms or symbols on them. They could be but they could also just be mercenaries or everyday bandits. Still, keep a eye on them"

Kaliss heads over to the shop and the bored looking hobgoblin. He browses through the barrels filled with swords ranging from rusty to normal quality weapons.
He asks about some more protective items and with a sigh the hobgoblin reaches behind the stand and pulls out a battered but in decent condition shield. He also pulls out some metal tips that would fit over your claws.

" 20 for the shield, 15 for the claw tips.I don't carry helmets made for lizardfolk." He grunts.

( Claw tips add 2+ to damage with your claw attack.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:16 am

Cade walks up to the lizard and the shop keeper interrupting them as Kaliss thinks about what he wants to spend his gold on.

"Do you sell any food, preferably something that won't be spoiled anytime soon?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:43 am

The man sniffs at the halfling and pulls out a large leather sack. He opens it to reveal stale rocklike wafterbread.
" Travel bread, dip in water to soften and it will get you where your going. I have 5 weeks worth. 3 gold pieces a week."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:33 pm

Andrea sits down at a table and ponders the drunk. "How much for a bottle of what he had?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:55 pm

"What do you say to 2 gold for each weeks worth of rations and then I'll take them all?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:20 am

"Gold for food? Are you telling me the shield is worth as much as seven piece of bread? Even if you ment one week ration for all of us for three gold, it still sounds expensive. Where I come from silver or copper is enough for food. Especially as it looks stale. Is that normal for that kind of bread? It looks like a dwarf did bake it. On the other hand, I am far from home. I like the shield, but I can only offer 5 gold for it and a few smaller coins. Oh, and and old cracked shield if you got a decent blacksmith to repair it. " Kaliss says, then he reconsideres "Or do you have a backpack? Mine got lost. I can carry much, so a sturdy one would be better. Might be more important than a shield."

OOC:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:05 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:02 am

"Gold for food? Are you telling me the shield is worth as much as seven piece of bread? Even if you ment one week ration for all of us for three gold, it still sounds expensive. Where I come from silver or copper is enough for food. Especially as it looks stale. Is that normal for that kind of bread? It looks like a dwarf did bake it. On the other hand, I am far from home. I like the shield, but I can only offer 5 gold for it and a few smaller coins. Oh, and and old cracked shield if you got a decent blacksmith to repair it. "
" No blacksmith here and you can't eat gold lizard, nor does it offer you protection, you'll take what price I offer and lik......" The man freezes as Shiro walks over calmly and stands next to Kaliss.
" Hello Oron, been a while. Surprise to see your still open after your little disagreement with the boss..." He chuckles and casually waves at the goblins hand which is missing several fingers. " Or did we come to some kind of agreement after all."
Oron swallows and tries to smile weakly. " We did talk it out. I've been paying tribute Shiro so there's no need to make things violent.."
" oh?" Shiro says and surprisingly places a hand on Kaliss's shoulder. " I think there is, For all his talk he's right, your trying to rip off my friends here Oron. I don't think that will go over well with the boss.."
The man swallows hard and looks very nervous.
"What do you say to 2 gold for each weeks worth of rations and then I'll take them all?"
" Or how about 1 gold piece and you give us a nice discount...." Shiro says rubbing the hilt of his blade.
The man wipes away sweat and after a moment sighs. " Fine 1 gp a week. 15 for the shield....It's the best I can offer Shiro..."
With a nod Shiro walks back to sit at Adrena's table.
"Or do you have a backpack? Mine got lost. I can carry much, so a sturdy one would be better. Might be more important than a shield."
The goblin quickly pulls out a frayed satchel and throws on the counter. " 1 gp." He quickly mutters."

Adrena ponders the drunk. He's wearing a blue kimono and clutching a book to his chest. Strapped to the back of his chair is a small sack filled with something. Two wine bottles lay empty on his table along with a quill pen and a bright green inkpot.
Oron heads over to the table and Shiro orders food for everyone handing the man a gold piece..He looks very distraught but says nothing.
"How much for a bottle of what he had?" Adrena asks.
" 10 gold pieces." The man says automatically and than he does a retake as Shiro coughs rather loudly. " I mean 2 gold pieces my dear." He says wiping away sweat.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Kaliss allows Shiro to put his hand on his shoulder, as he understands quickly that he is trying to help. He shows the man his best grin, which includes a lot of teeth to underline Shiro's subliminal threats - or should I say reminder? "Thanks you, Shiro."
"Hm...How about 1 gold piece and each of us buys a ration and you throw in the frayed satchel for free...as a discount, like Shiro mentioned." Kaliss asks and pulls out 1 gold to pay for his ration.
If the men does not accept, he will raise his bid in 0.1 gold steps until 1.9. If the man agrees, he will extend his hand and say "deal". Then he will grab the backpack.
"If you want some rations too I can carry them. The backpack is old but it still looks like it can take a load." Kaliss offers to the rest of the group while he puts most of his few belongings into it except for his coins. He will keep those close where he can feel them.