The Unhallowed Isle

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Unhallowed Isle

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Dietro finds somewhere to sit, tunes his lute, and begins to play, no particular song in mind.
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:45 am

Damn, a cave...well then let us go back and see if we can get some reinforcements or at least some lights...

Eric states before turning to return to the village...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 am

Gru grunts his approval of the idea and walks with Eric back to the village.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:29 pm

((OOC: Guess whose computer's been crashing randomly, sometimes in its sleep? Yep. It seems to be better now, but these issues it's been having are kind of ridiculous.

Oh, and Nerre, as for my lack of reply, I figured not enough time had past. However, I think we're ready for a timeskip.))

10th of the month of the serpent, year 108. 2:00 PM.

At the village, everyone had gathered. Nerre's investigative powers were limited, but he managed to figure out some things. The book couldn't be investigated properly, as it was a combination of many strange spells that were tangled with each other, making even a light scan show a mess of nonsense. The flute seemed to be capable of creating fire, with longer songs played on it making larger and more fantastic flames. When Nerre was investigating the pistol, he found that the trigger pulled easier than expected, and it accidentally went off, shooting a small blast of fire that fortunately missed everyone, which probably explained why it lacked ammunition. That left enough power to determine that, if the stone-gloved hand of the wielder of the stone axe smashed the axehead, it would trigger the full armor, and that the axehead returned if the armor was destroyed or removed, or, if they could figure out how, banished.

Then, a figure stumbled forwards from the jungle, pushing past the trees and coming into the center of town. He had long and wiry blond hair, unhealthily pale skin, a body so thin that his ribs bulged from his stomach, and black clothing, save for a white shirt under his coat. There were feathers on his clothing and hair, and he fell to the ground after taking a few steps forwards. He groaned and didn't get up.

Looking up, he reached for his belt, but whatever he was looking for wasn't there. His eyes went wide, and then he passed out.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:47 pm

"... Well, that's a surprise. Think we should find out what attacked him? Oh, and mind if I grab that flute? Not my best instrument, but I'm capable enough, and my spells are focused around music, so I think I can do some real work with that thing."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Eric almost smacks Nerre down when he causes the gun to go off. "Damn it, I said be careful with the trigger damn you! Now then it looks like we need to get a range set up to let you practice so your more dangerous to the enemy with that thing than us..."

Eric is distracted by the appearence of the 'wildman'.

"I suppose investigating where he came from would be a good idea. But let us first figure out if he is injured or just exhausted..."

Eric walks over to the form and searches him for any weapons or other material items.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:31 pm

"Exhausted? If he's just exhausted then there's not going to be any grand tales worthy of being turned to song. A mysterious man stumbling into the village, horrified to see he's lost something? There must be more! It would be such an excellent beginnings to a tale, with some work."
My game:

My characters:

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:59 pm

The man did not carry any items aside from his clothing and a handkerchief, but behind him, there lay a tiny metal vial that appeared to have dropped off of him. Inside it, there was smooth and highly reflective black liquid.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:33 pm

"Do not allow that liquid out of the vial. Until we're entirely certain of what it is, it holds more potential danger than good. I have made contact with a man of the island, and there are many dangerous objects that we have no knowledge of."
My game:

My characters:

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:23 pm

Gru was overjoyed at his new toy and learning how it worked, it suited his personality well. That being said, he showed none of this and simply grunted as he returned the axe to it's weaponized state. When the man appeared he went with Eric and the bard. "Loik wut?" Gru asked in response to Dietro's words.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:14 pm

"There are many cursed objects that can cause much damage. I would not be surprised if this liquid consumed any organic materials it made contact with."
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Eric goes over and picks up the vial. "Are you thinking that this is an acid of some sort?" He asks the bard. "Personally, It could be something much worse..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:53 pm

"When I say consume, I mean consume. Not dissolve, as acids do. If it is as I suggested, then it would consume organic matter and grow in size, then repeat. But the possibilities in this land are near endless, so it's not very likely it would actually do so. I am simply saying it may be incredibly dangerous to everybody in the village, if not the entire world."
My game:

My characters:

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Gru huffs at this. "Oi'd loik ter see it troi ter eat me"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:11 pm

"And how exactly would you stop it, orc? Cutting a liquid simply splits it into more enemies, and pummeling such a thing with your fists would only result in your hands being eaten first."
My game:

My characters:

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:43 pm

"Well den if Oi kuden't punch it, heh, den Oi'd jus burn it. Can't nuffin' eat foiyah...Sep fer draguns" He adds, thoughtfully. "But den, yew kud jus' punch da dragun" His brow creases and his eyes glaze over as he appears to be lost deep in thought on the punching and/or burning of things.