Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad -looking for new player

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad -looking for new player

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:13 am

Nope. Nope. Nope nope nope. Run.

Phyllis screams and sprints back to the hotel Jon.

--------------------
OOC: In case it got lost way back when, I'd just like to remind you that Phyllis is wearing the silver cross from the priest. For better or worse, it's round her neck at the moment. Also thank you for making Phyllis's psychic powers real, this is awesome :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:56 am

Checking for activity in the hallway, Hemming has a quick peek in the purse, looking to determine who it belongs to.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:15 am

Iphone, carkeys, wallet (with a drivers licence to Johanna R├Ânnell), oh! and is that a book? Sais "dagbok" (unless you state otherwise im assuming your pocketing the valuables)
You hear a sound from the closed door in the room... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JJ700tVT_0
Oh, and you get the feeling your about to throw up.

Phyllis: running towards the hotel, you risk a glans behind you only to see the ghost jump (or is it flying?) right at you. You are only a few meters from the hotel, but you suddenly stumble. The gravel painfully meats your face and as you stand up blood is running from a broken lip. Looking up you see the ghost right at you feat! but he seems to be hammering onto a invisible wall. and then start circling the hotell... well more like circling room 1 and 2, as you see it passing into the wall of room 6

► Show Spoiler
[/quote]
Click here if you want to beat me up!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:33 am

Fighting back his nausea, Hemming will slide any cash out of the wallet, tuck the dagbok into the inner pocket of his jacket, and quickly and quietly slip out best as possible, softly shutting the door behind him and heading to Room 9.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:35 am

Phyllis, confused but grateful for the escape picks herself up, and hurries into the hotel Jon to follow the ghost. As she enters the bar, she will grab hold of someone who speaks Swedish and drag them with her(ideally Boro or Jorgen since she knows them, but anyone vaguely compliant will do. Since they are still listed, I assume they still exist in the game and are tagging along with the main groups).

"Come with me quickly! Someone's broken into one of the rooms! What are the Swedish words for "friend" and "help"? Good! Now, come with me, I'll need you to translate something."

Assuming someone tells her, she will head to room 6 and try and talk to the ghost through the door, repeating "friend" and "help" at it repeatedly as calmly as she can, gesturing to herself when she says "friend" and to the ghost when she says "help". Since it apparently can't hurt her, hopefully it will realise that and be willing to talk.

If this all goes to plan, Phyllis will use the Swedish person she grabbed as a translator for the conversation.

--------------------------------------

EDIT / OOC : Room 6 is the room that Hemming & Joanna(?) are in right now is that right? Not that Phyllis knows that of course, I'm just trying to keep track :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:12 am

(OOC: Yes, 6 is the room that Hemming just finished burglarizing... :paranoia: Assuming the red dot is the entrance to the hotel, Phyllis will be dashing in at about the point that Hemming would be crossing from 6 to 9, so I'm assuming he's the first person she encounters. If not, disregard. Also, this is in character, TL knows she's loved! And my Swedish speaking character is based on my google translating, so if I'm using the wrong words, I apologize! (I did consider telling her 'friend' was 'fiende' and 'help' was 'fordoma'.... :lol: ) Also, is that a door/window at the end of the hallway by 6? Just for reference when Hemming vomits in the middle of translating, he might as well try to blow chucks outdoors.)

Phyllis wrote:"Come with me quickly! Someone's broken into one of the rooms! What are the Swedish words for "friend" and "help"? Good! Now, come with me, I'll need you to translate something."
Fuck... was he going to have to silence the British broad? If she caught him in the act, it'll be hard to do much besides vomit... perhaps he could claim drunken confusion? As she grabs his arm and drags him along, his stomach lurches, but he realizes that she must not have been referring to him as the intruder.

"Oooghf... 'friend' is 'vän'... and 'help' is 'hjälpa'... what's going on?"

He get's a bit nervous and queasy as she pulls him back towards the room he just left... ugh, he's normally much better at holding his alcohol than this... he really doesn't like the taste of licorice... and the 'vurp' he just had left acid and licorice coating the back of his tongue.

(OOC: Assuming this is an American phrase, so might not be in either of your lingoes, but 'vurp' would be a combination of 'vomit' plus 'burp'... when you hope it's just a belch, but you end up with a splash of stomach contents in the back of your throat.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:58 am

Nope, never heard of "vurping" before but I know exactly what you're talking about! :lol:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:13 am

How's Phyllis' reflex saving throw? Does she have Dodge? Maybe she should declare her dodge on Hemming's stomach contents. :D
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:28 am

She's a middle-class lady from English middle-class suburbia who likes cats and knitting and tea and daydreaming. She doesn't have a dodge to declare :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Good luck then. :puke: >:?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks :) In fairness, throwing up is probably a good thing for Hemmel given that he's probably been roofied. Then again, he's not being chased by a murderous ghost. Ah well, good luck to everyone!!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Well, if he has been roofied, and it was in the drink they were trying to get Phyllis to take, you're welcome. :D
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:21 am

Hah! That's true, I'd forgotten that bit! Cheers!

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:18 am

Fighting back his nausea, Hemming will slides a thick wad of cash out of the wallet, and tucks the dagbok into the inner pocket of his jacket before slaming the door as he stumbles out into the hallway

Phyllis, confused but grateful for the escape picks herself up, and hurries into the hotel Jon to follow the ghost. As she heads towards the bar, she grabs hold of the the first person she meats (this hapens to be hemming who is stumbling threw the hallway)

"Come with me quickly! Someone's broken into one of the rooms! What are the Swedish words for "friend" and "help"? Good! Now, come with me, I'll need you to translate something."

Hemming: Fuck... was he going to have to silence the British broad? If she caught him in the act, it'll be hard to do much besides vomit... perhaps he could claim drunken confusion? As she grabs his arm and drags him along, his stomach lurches, but he realizes that she must not have been referring to him as the intruder.

"Oooghf... 'friend' is 'vän'... and 'help' is 'hjälpa'... what's going on?"

He get's a bit nervous and queasy as she pulls him back towards the room he just left... ugh, he's normally much better at holding his alcohol than this... he really doesn't like the taste of licorice... and the 'vurp' he just had left acid and licorice coating the back of his tongue.

Philips, with Hemming in one arm, stands outsike the door to room 6 repeatedly shouting "Vän, Hjälp"... It dosent take manny seconds before the door is opened by Johanna, the widow "What has happened? Do you need help..." she starts, just as Hemming pukes all over her (to be frank, her strong, flowert and newly administered perfume became a bit to much)

"VA FAN?!" "Djävla fyllon!" as hemming is down on the ground puking, she lets her rage out by punching philips in the face.
"you come here, like vultures, taking things that should belong to me, and then you party over his death and puke over his widow? I hope you pass out and choke on your own vomit!" She slams the door, and you hear it lock.
Blood is running from Philips nose, and Hemming sits up, done puking.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:16 am

"What a bloody nerve!"

Phyllis rummages around in her handbag for a handkerchief to stop her nose from bleeding and then starts banging on the door again.

"Listen to me! Something terrible is going on here! I believe your husband was murdered and that you are in very real danger right now! Open the door!"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 am

► Show Spoiler
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:52 am

To Quarg
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:57 am

Name: Theodore (Teddy) Templar
School:
- Classical Archaeology
- World History
- Mathematics
- Photography
- International Law
Hobbies:
- Flying
- Bow Hunting
- Book Collecting
*Barrister of the Inner Temple who wound up doing some freelance photo journalism when on vacation and it became a career.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:40 am

As much as he loathed vomiting on principle, such a waste of good alcohol, Hemming is glad that the contents of his stomach are no longer roiling around so violently.

"I don thin *hic*, think she likes us. *hic* Prolly thinks you're as drunk as *hic*, as drunk as me. Good *hic*, good luck."

Pushing himself up off the floor, Hemming weaves his way towards down the hallway, looking for the room that matches his key. Provided he gets in, he'll give the room a cursory inspection, looking for a good place to stash the wad of cash and book from Johanna's room (if he finds one, he'll do so). He'll splash water on his face, rinse his mouth out and drink some water. If he can hold it together long enough to do so, he'll rinse any vomit out of his clothing in the sink and hang it in the shower to dry... if not, he'll just pass out on the bed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Leaving philips banging on the door of room 6, you roam the corridors until you stumble upon room nine! (but it was a near miss). After a bit of fumbling with the key you even get the room open!

You decide to hide the cash, so you slip the thick wad out of your pocket and realize its a lot more then you expected... so you count it.
...and then count it once more not believing the first count.

55 000kr, all in thousands. Thats a lot of cash to carry around in your wallet.
► Show Spoiler
Philips continues banging on the door, covering her bleeding nose best she can.
"Listen to me! Something terrible is going on here! I believe your husband was murdered and that you are in very real danger right now! Open the door!"
You hear a gasp from the other side of the door, and a sound http://www.audioblocks.com/stock-audio/ ... chid=90592, fallowed by silence...

Teddy arrives late with the bus, expecting to meat J├©rgen at his arrival, and then depart to stockholm as they planed... But the busstop is empty. Is this the right stop?
The bus leaves. Damn it! Image

But wait! there is a sigh there!
The broken sign! The one J├©rgen talked about! Maybe he is still at the hotel? Might as well go and look!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Teddy snarls as the bus departs. "Damn driver...just wants to get to the end of the line before he's too damn drunk to see strait." Teddy resettles his rucksack on his back and stares at the sign. Of course that idiot Jorgen had likely gotten himself drunk as a sunk instead of remembering that they were supposed to be in the Eastern Ukraine in three days. "Bah...lets go find old Jagermister Jorgen..."

Teddy crosses over to the hotel, very happy that he has several pre-paid cash cards on him. Places like this tend to be even more well known for skimming visitors as much as possible, even more than the so called government of the break away Ukrainians. He enters the hotel and (if finding the receptionist) asks polietly, in his best posh english accent "Excuse me I happen to be looking for a fellow named Jorgen who said he was staying here? Do you know where I might find him?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:35 am

Hemming jams the chair under the door, just as a precaution before he reaches up to the coverplate of the door's arm, popping it off and slipping the cash within before replacing it. He will attempt to wedge the diary between the headboard and the wall before heading to the bathroom to wash up before collapsing into bed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:54 pm

"What the... HEY!! OPEN THE DOOR!"

Phyllis will continue to bang on the door until it opens or becomes obvious that she's not going to get an answer. If it opens, she'll see what happens. If it doesn't, she'll head to the bar and try and convince the barman to open the door to room 6, slightly worried that the ghost thing might have just murdered Joanna...

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:27 pm

Items:tape recorder, camera, watch, pen and paper, jägermister 1l
key room 3, book of numbers

Teddy: The reception is closed, (that it to say, shut and locked with this type of net) Image
This would have annoyed you if the lady banging on the door hadn't drawn your attention

Philips:
"What the... HEY!! OPEN THE DOOR!"
You start pounding the door with your fist, when you hear someone talking inside:
"Jag vet inte hur, men jag tror att hon vet. Det ├ñr den engelska bruttan, hon st├Ñr h├ñr utanf├Âr och bankar p├Ñ min d├Ârr! JAG VET V├äLL INTE HUR HON F├àTT REDA P├à DET? Du f├Ñr fixa det!"

Hemming hides the cash, and stores away the books, before entering the bathroom... uhm... there is a large cleaning trolly standing there Image

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Phyllis grunts in frustration and stomps away from the door to go back to her room. Catching sight of a new guy (Teddy) at the reception she heads towards him.

Hello! Do you speak English?
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.