Civilization V: Real Life in the way, calling it quits.

Home to all current Forum Games.
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Civilization V: Heart of the Maelstrom: 605.03

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:30 am

Kelten wrote:dident i bring the golem to the dungeon like i asked? :p
Going into the dungeon occurred at the end of the month, and even if you take him, Glydeonic is going to track him down, probably (or his Couatl friend perhaps). Last thing you need down there is either of them giving you grief.

Edited to add: The killswitch was more a prompt of "hey, we can do this to enlarge the lake's depth if we do it prematurely" ... then I remembered the village and tower is mostly finished and would go down with it taking the spawning pools. My bad. So I turned it into a killswitch instead of a easy way to enlarge the lake)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:53 am

c, e, g
Room 1: The Rolling Stairway (Trigger it, break it, study it (2, kelten, dave), outrun it)
Room 2: Fierce Tongue Lashings (Attempt to rip out the chains, focus on dodging(1, kelten), use magic to dispel them (1, dave), brute-force resist them)
Room 3: The Guards (Rely on magic, rely on melee, attempt to sneak past (2, kelten, dave), attempt to bribe)
Room 4: The Opalescent Archway (Dispel it, harvest its magic (2, kelten, dave), shatter it, overload it)
Room 5: The Prismatic Wall (Walk through, dispel it, look for an "off switch" (1, kelten), look for a route around it(1, dave))
Room 6: The Crypt (Unseal the Crypt (1, kelten), read the runes, dispel the runes, bless it instead(1, dave))
Room 7: The White and Black Room (Pull the "Color" lever, pull the "monochrome" lever, open the chest (2, kelten, dave), ignore the room)
Room 8: The Queen of Blades (Rely on magic (2, kelten, dave), rely on melee, distract it with shiny things, Step Sideways to bypass her)
Click here if you want to beat me up!

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Also, Cloud Eye is willing to use his new drilling and water magic to expand the lake safely, if it is necessary in order to finish before the time limit.

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 pm

AFG
Room 1: The Rolling Stairway (Trigger it, break it, study it (3, kelten, dave, sarusama), outrun it)
Room 2: Fierce Tongue Lashings (Attempt to rip out the chains, focus on dodging(1, kelten), use magic to dispel them (2, SaruSama,dave), brute-force resist them)
Room 3: The Guards (Rely on magic (1, SaruSama), rely on melee, attempt to sneak past (2, kelten, dave), attempt to bribe)
Room 4: The Opalescent Archway (Dispel it, harvest its magic (3, kelten, dave, SaruSama), shatter it, overload it)
Room 5: The Prismatic Wall (Walk through, dispel it, look for an "off switch" (2, kelten, SaruSama), look for a route around it(1, dave))
Room 6: The Crypt (Unseal the Crypt (1, kelten), read the runes, dispel the runes, bless it instead(2, dave, Sarusama))
Room 7: The White and Black Room (Pull the "Color" lever, pull the "monochrome" lever, open the chest (3, kelten, dave, SaruSama), ignore the room)
Room 8: The Queen of Blades (Rely on magic (3, kelten, dave, Sarusama), rely on melee, distract it with shiny things, Step Sideways to bypass her)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:52 pm

A) 5 - D34dlock, Alaen, Jibjib, madmartin26, SaruSama
B) 1 - Dave
C) 1 - Kelten
D) 1 - LAYF
E) 1 - Kelten
F) 7 - D34dlock, Alaen, Jibjib, Dave, madmartin26, SaruSama, LAYF
G) 8 - D34dlock, Alaen, Jibjib, Dave, madmartin26, Kelten, SaruSama, LAYF

Merix will use his trance to help finding the person hiding among us!
-Best regards LAYF

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:11 pm

B) Scry or Send a group to Cliffcrag Mountain to see what happened there?
D) Focus on capturing water bugs to begin breeding and preparing them for an enlarged lake?
G) Attempt to hunt down the person "hiding in the village"?

Also, Just finished reading the whole thread. I'd love to get involved with a character, if the five vote rule isn't still in play,

Also, I fully expect she wants us to expand the lake, because, remember that volcano you lot buried? Remember something about an earthquake eventually happening? Lava + water.

If I can make my character next turn,

Vaeleric Aether, Male Human
Class: Bard
Hobby: Diplomacy

Lured to the group from the Duke's small kingdom, sees a chance to gather coin and escape politics. Who else would enjoy a fine tale and some good music, besides those who have been down hard on their luck?
Last edited by thunteater on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:17 pm

Coincidentally, I also just finished reading the whole thing. Its a long read.

BFG
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Small detail, thunteater. There's no buried volcano. It fell, collapsed due to a wish. It buried a few other things perhaps, but it was not itself buried.

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:44 am

Davecom3 wrote:Small detail, thunteater. There's no buried volcano. It fell, collapsed due to a wish. It buried a few other things perhaps, but it was not itself buried.

Nah, that was spider's roost, the floating, upside down chunk of mountain, that fell to the side towards the valley. The Volcano is still very much there, that's how you guys can still gather -some- of the old materials. The portal to the elemental plane of fire was destroyed, preventing you from gaining access to the magical levitating air, but the magma and everything is still there. Just waiting.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:18 pm

I just began the rolls and now see s'more people posted... heh.

I'll add your character this turn, Thunteater. The volcano I'm sort of regulating to "over and done with", it's really only noteworthy now for being the sole source of minerals for Zelphstone. I haven't thought about it in a long long time. Can't remember if I cooled the volcano or not; I think I did but too lazy to go and look.

Expect the post real late tonight (or maybe tomorrow) since I have the dungeon writeup to do as well as the regular one.

EDIT: 9/10ths done (I think), but I'm tired so I'll complete it and post it tomorrow with the next one on wednesday or thursday.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Next post is aiming for... eh, I feel lazy. Let's say wednesday but more likely thursday.

Cast of Characters [NPCs]
► Show Spoiler
Cast of Characters [Players]
► Show Spoiler

TRANCE!:

► Show Spoiler

Special Notes:

► Show Spoiler

People, Places and Things Discovered:

► Show Spoiler

The Treasury
► Show Spoiler

The Aspects and Experience
► Show Spoiler

Actions Done:
► Show Spoiler

Population
► Show Spoiler

The Current Date: 605.04
Things Incoming: Spawning Begins [605.03], Tower/Temple/Underwater Lake Village completed [605.04], Spawning Ends [605.07], Spawn Eggs hatch [606.02]
Storylines Running: Death Isn't The End (Ends in 605.08)

We start at home with internal affairs. Work completes on trying to find a way to "fix" Myron and his spiritual hawk and research shows that the only easy way is to simply reabsorb the IME/essence back into himself (it'd serve to recharge his SA/FH by +3/+1, once). Otherwise the hawk remains out, visible and still connected to him. Research also shows that this sort of effect would be different for each individual person (so no researching a means to recharge SA/FH --- this is unique to Myron). From there we move to hunting down the person or creature hiding in the village and Merix uses his Tranced state to locate and identify species. It's a Skink (for those of you just joining us, think 2-foot tall lizard man), of a cult offshoot of Jethril Vok's (which explains the otherworldly nature of his "patron"). The Skink is captured and imprisoned in the temple, and you discover that his mission was to sow dissent within Ehlonna's Fury as well as sabotage the temple/tower building. Then Jethril Vok makes an "offer" over a non-existant threat that the Skink makes up. You can tell that Jethril Vok is seeing out of the Skink's eyes; you're not even sure how much of the Skink is left in the meaty shell and how much is just Jethril Vok's control.

Kermit uses this connection to SLAM the dracolich, by using the connecton as a loophole back to the dracolich's essence. The might of Ehlonna's Fury, angry with what they've discovered, doesn't begin to describe the smackdown that Kermit delivers to him (by means of The Equalizer slammed between the skink's eyes, sending a bolt of divine energy straight back to Jethril Vok). Kermit winces as he hears an etherial roar after he caves in the skink's skull; Jethril Vok felt that and it hurt. Jethril Vok got the last laugh, though, as he set up a feedback loop with the energy, converting it to necrotic energy on its return trip. Kermit's sent flying about twenty five feet through the air and into the temple knocked cold, for about a week as Ilphnilee isn't fast enough to absorb the energy with the Zelphicite Staff. The undead Grippli are completely destroyed, but that doesn't stop the dracolich; he has other sources of power even though you destroyed his object of interest for the moment.

Meanwhile, Glydeonic has taken the Pit Golem to a safe place outside the village and has begun a purification ceremony. Due to the power behind the Book of Vile Darkness being used on it, the ceremony is... twisted, and rather than "purify" the Pit Golem, it destroys him outright, the divine flames burning away every ounce of demonic essence that made up the golem. This was unintended, but Glydeonic is satisfied and prepares to leave the area with a warning about allowing evil things into the village. He's not about to risk Ehlonna's wrath and go after Ilphnilee or the Book of Vile Darkness or other things, and will be gone at the end of this month with his mission complete if no one stops him for some reason. The couatl on the other hand has sworn to watch over Ehlonna's Refuge as a "grand protector" (despite Glydeonic saying "We need to move on...") and you're not sure if it'll be paladin-levels of "stick-in-the-mud-ness" or if it will just (try to) serve as a figurehead. The couatl gives its name as Maxwellington Thundertail, and has made a small lair nearby with ideas about moving into the temple or one of the "world trees" when they're set off. He might leave if asked, he might not.

Grikkul begins researching the water bugs and prepares a breeding ground for them. While doing so he discovers a new and unique type of plant food for them that seems to speed up their metabolism and growth, so that instead of having one large clutch of water bugs a year he can have two smaller ones but the smaller ones have more endurance and resilience. While doing that, he also discovers that the bugs get into everything, and some have gotten too close to the Warpstone Keys, mutating in the process. You're not sure whether to mark those bugs off as "better off dead" or try to breed the mutations.

Down in the Dungeon of the Blue Gold Onyx...
► Show Spoiler

WILL YOU...

A) Focus on breeding the mutations out of the water bugs, so they are undamaged?
B) Scry or send a group to Cliffcrag Mountain to see what happened there?
C) Ask Vontaethraxxia for assistance against Jethril Vok?
D) Focus on capturing water bugs to begin breeding and preparing them for an enlarged lake?
E) Inform Glydeonic and Maxwellington about Jethril Vok?
F) Trade the Life Stone from last month to the Duke in exchange for a human barracks?
G) Build a digging system based on the Kill Switch, to enlarge the lake by increasing its depth in a controlled manner?

The Dungeon of the Blue-Gold Onyx: Level 2/??: The Mutagenic Chasm (Night Seeker, Narasimha and Triton get votes)

Room 1: The Multi-Iron Door (Try and puzzle out the shifting panels, brute-force it open, try and Dimension Door past, try a Knock spell)
Room 2: The Dwarven Druid (Converse with, ambush, sneak past, or steal from)
Room 3: Reflected Thunder (Reflect the sound waves with the gong-shields, try to absorb them with magic, cast a Silence 15' Radius, look for an alternate route)
Room 4: The Gauntlet of Doom (Focus on brute strength, rely on agility, think the trap pattern out, search for a hidden exit)
Room 5: The Wall of Jade Buttons (Push one button, push ALL of the buttons, avoid the room, trigger the runes)
Room 6: The Revolving Statue (Dismantle it, just disable it, loot the collection plate, avoid it completely)
Room 7: The Warpstone Deposit (Harvest the Warpstone, avoid it completely, Dispel it to render it inert, Smite it to clear an additional tunnel)
Room 8: The Underground Glade (Search for useful plants, speak with the Myconids, harvest the crystal bees, focus on the giant frog infestation)
Room 9: The Hydra Banshee (Rely on magic, rely on steel, try to avoid it, try to turn it)
Room 10: The Treasure Room (Open the big chest, open the giant cabinet, unseal the half-dragon crypt, search for hidden loot)
Last edited by Aegis J Hyena on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Re: Civilization V: Heart of the Maelstrom: 605.04

Post by Alaen » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:49 pm

ACF

SA +15 AP : With his new resources, Alistair will begin research on a type of magic ranged weapon able to get charged with spells and replicate them later, essentially working like a wand but handling more like a crossbow.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:27 pm

CDE

since apparently the 5 vote rule isn't there anymore:

Aust Waterpetal
Elf/male
druid/diviner/diver

Backstory: Intrigued by the rumors of a half-drow half-plant creature, he scryed Merix and soon decided he had to come and see him in person to study this bizarre phenomenon.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:30 pm

I didn't see my character in the list of characters, just curious, do I start with any SA? If so..

Vaelric Aether arrives in the Refuge and seeks out the largest collection of people gathering. Most likely, this would be the Temple, if there is no current tavern. He sets down his hat and pulls out his lute, before settling down lotus-style and playing his music. He signs of the recent battle of the werewolves and recent war, though the words are highly embellished and obviously second hand, but it paints a dramatic picture of those of the refuge standing as brave champions across the border, smashing dragons and invading armies alike, sweeps out to their tragic losses, and then expands upon how these losses only served to make them stronger, all under the guidance of Ehlonna.

SA:

His intent, besides hoping to gather a little coin, and doing what bards do naturally, is to see if he can stir up any information about the Refuge, as well as improve morale within it, and get into their good graces. Should there currently be no tavern, he will attempt to see if any would be interested in helping him construct one.

EFG
Last edited by thunteater on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:36 pm

A) 1 (Alaen)
B)
C) 1 (Alaen, Chuck, Jib)
D) 1 (Chuck)
E) 1 (Chuck, Jib)
F) 1 (Alaen, Jib)
G)

FH: Grikkul attempts to separate the bug populations, including the mutants if he sees fit, into two groups by characteristics, large 'pack animal' individuals for pulling freight on the lake, and smaller, lighter individuals that could in theory be used as personal mounts.
► Show Spoiler
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:13 pm

thunteater wrote:I didn't see my character in the list of characters, just curious, do I start with any SA? If so..
You normally start with one FH and three SA. You roll to regen SA at month six and twelve and FH only at twelve. You also get 1 FH and 3 SA if you hit Trance and dont have any actions.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Edited in: Merix had 0/0 for his second turn of trance, so they reset for this turn, and forgot Thunteater's character completely. I'll add it next turn when I go to do the SAs (and add in Chuck's character as well).

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:48 pm

DE, F(Let the Duke be the one that Jethril Vok focuses on and allow our staff to function.)

Room 1: The Multi-Iron Door (Try and puzzle out the shifting panels)
Room 2: The Dwarven Druid (Converse with)
Room 3: Reflected Thunder (cast a Silence 15' Radius)
Room 4: The Gauntlet of Doom(think the trap pattern out)
Room 5: The Wall of Jade Buttons (push ALL of the buttons)
Room 6: The Revolving Statue (Dismantle It)
Room 7: The Warpstone Deposit (Harvest the Warpstone)
Room 8: The Underground Glade (speak with the Myconids)(Messing with the plants or bees before having permission is sure to piss off the Myconid farmers)
Room 9: The Hydra Banshee (Rely on magic) (Steel's not that great against a hydra, a banshee's not the sort of thing we want to leave behind, and the creature may be generating too much sonic screams for Narasimha to focus on turning it. Magic seems like the way to go.)
Room 10: The Treasure Room (open the giant cabinet)
Last edited by Davecom3 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:53 pm

B, E, G

I'll wait till after I reach trance before I absorb it. With luck I'll succeed before the regeneration check. My rolls for that normally suck so I'll need some luck for that.
I'm still reading shifters.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:18 pm

EFG

Trance + FH + 12 XP Grow my friends grow!
Merix uses his perfect condition to start the life trees event! connecting to the seeds spread out as per the image
► Show Spoiler
sends them the signal to grow, making sure to connect himself to them, to lift up earth and make both a new more safe home for hte refuge, bt also expanding the lake while doing so!

(I will get to redrawing that right away)
-Best regards LAYF

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:25 am

So, how did cloud eyes research go?

Also, if i'm reading the mention in the trance section right, i choose to get a FH. Also, my trance doesn't start till next month, right?

E, F, G

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Oh wow, missed writing Cloud Eye's research. I don't intend to make the other rings accessible, which is probably why. The fact they exist is more a footnote than anything. I'll make something up next month, and if you want to pursue it from there, it'll be very difficult but not impossible.

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:46 pm

AEF
1.Knock Spell
2.Converse with
3.Reflect
4.Search for hidden exit
5.push all the buttons
6.loot the collection plate
7.Smite it
8.Search for useful plants
9.Rely on Magic
10.Open the Giant Cabnet (SA+15 AP open the Giant Chest)
writing from phone sorry for not compiling votes

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:26 am

Votes Tallied

A) 3 (Alaen, SaruSama, Badge)
B) 1 (D34dlock, )
C) 3 (Alaen, Chuck, Jib)
D) 3 (Chuck, Davecom3, Badge)
E) 7 (Chuck, Jib, Davecom3, D34dlock, LAYF, madmartin26, SaruSama)
F) 6 (Alaen, Jib, Davecom3, LAYF, madmartin26, SaruSama)
G) 3 (D34dlock, LAYF, madmartin26)

(I voted 2x only)

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:08 pm

alright, rolls are done, but I'm feeling uncreative and I'm on a Starbound/Bloodbowl kick. Post'll go up tomorrow.