Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 [Recruiting Closed]

Home to all current Forum Games.
kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 [Recruiting Closed]

Post by kida » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:54 pm

I don't have strong opinions on party leader, so whatever the others decide... :shrug:

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Heh, I like the idea of the Knight, on top of being primary tank and healer and contributing a good amount to damage, is also the one leading everyone, but everyone's just not listening and totally not appreciating how key the knight is to the party not getting horribly mauled by undead.

By the way you guys bring as much flavor to the game as you want. As long I know each round what 3 actions you are taking specifically I'm fine with you guys making the descriptive text as creative as you want. (Maybe make spoilers with your "I take this action, this action, and this action")

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Well, you heard it folks, the knight has to do everything.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:57 pm

See...

Cro makes statements like that and I envision our party all at half health with a room full of horny demonic skeletons who have already had their way with the party knight.

Not that anything like that is going to happen, but maybe we do need a 2nd knight for the heals?
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:28 pm

You take it too seriously.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:41 pm

It will be fine, relax.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:01 am

Sorry for the delay, ended up not getting on the computer long enough yesterday to make the first opening post, but here it is!!

Stories of the Dragon Depths Dungeon have spread through the city, but with so few adventurers these days, no one knows what is really down there. But now, 6 brave Heroes have arisen, ready to delve into the earth and discover what danger and fortune lies within. The Heroes gather together at the Inn, equipping themselves with their gear and getting a good nights rest. In the morning they set out for the entrance of the Dungeon, a massive dragon skull embedded in the side of a mountain, it's lower jar missing as it's throat is used as a tunnel leading down to the labyrinth within. The Heroes reach the first door and step within, finding themselves in a room 20ft by 20ft. There is a single door opposite the way they came in, and a strange orb held within a stone pedestal glistens in one of the corner

Players start in random positioning within the first room. You can perform 3 actions per turn as described in the rules. Any actions that are not typical (listening at a door, examining a surface, dancing in place) is usually considered a move action. Talking up to 2 sentences is free, but more than that is a move action. Actions are resolved in the order they are posted, so if you don't want to move first, either wait for someone else to post, or state you perform your actions after someone else does something.

The map in the first page will always have the most up to date map.

Map
► Show Spoiler
Stats:
Dlover: Galain, Halfling Monk 1 - Health 3/3, Attack 2, Speed 3, Defense 4, Range 1; Counter Attack, Parkour
kida: Zolaz, Human Mage 1 - Health 2/2, Attack 2, Speed 2, Defense 1, Range 3; Magic User, Spells-Magic Bolt, Mage Armor
gamecreator: Tadil, Human Knight 1 - Health 4/4, Attack 3, Speed 2, Defense 4, Range 1; Smite, Healing Hands
Theis2: Theis, Elf Thief 1 - Health 2, Attack 3/3, Speed 4, Defense 2, Range 1; Lock Picks, Trap Sense
Orga the Strange: Bal-Ghash Zajar, Half-Orc Mage 1 - Health 2/2, Attack 2, Speed 2, Defense 1, Range 3; Magic User, Spells-Magic Bolt, Blink
SGTdude: Zhill, Elf Archer - Health 2/2, Attack 3, Speed 4, Defense 1, Range 8 ; Keen Eye, Reflexes

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:30 am

"This orb is very interesting. Let me examine it."

Zolaz examines the orb

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:43 am

Theis quickly moves towards the door and checks it for traps and will attempt to disarm it if there is one.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:52 am

If there is no traps on the door (including when Theis disarmed them), Tadil opens the door and steps to the side.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:40 am

We started!??

Sorry. I will edit this post with actions very soon.

Edit: I will position myself with line of sight to the door opening and also the orb and within attack range of both if possible (if not I will keep line of sight with door but be within attack range of the orb) and keep my eyes on the orb.

(is the room we are in on the map? All I see is a big grey grid. Sorry for the late response)

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 am

Yea, click on the image to view the full size. You guys started int he top right corner of the floor.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:33 am

In that case I move to 3 FF (or is it FF 3) since Taldil moved from that square to open the door.

2 questions: Do I need to ready my bow before attacking as an action or is that assumed (either way I want to do that as well)?
and
Can I shoot through a square where a friendly is to hit an enemy? Or would I have to have an unobstructed line of fire (either horizontal/vertical/diagonal)?

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:31 pm

(Oh joys, we begin!)

Bal-Ghash moves to GG 04 and readies himself to cast a spell (magic bolt) should anything monstrous run in.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Galain moves to EE4 and waits for the door to be opened. Following that, if the room proves to be more than one tile wide, he moves around the door frame to stand on the newly revealed side, out of the way of others.
My game:

My characters:

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Friendlies do not block line of sight or line of effect, but enemies do block single target attacks and abilities.

Update pending.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Zolas stays where he is and examines the orb. It glows and images flash above it, a short dwarf with round features staring out from the images. A voice comes from the image, which matches up with the movement of the dwarf's mouth, "Is it on? Alright... Greetings Heroes! I am Dellidon Bordercross Silverbrow the Fourteenth. If you are watching this then.. well I'm afraid I may be dead, along with my clan. A terrible dragon, Malixztrazzia, has deemed our treasure to be of interest to her, and has begun attacking our mountain home. This place is know as dragon Fell Keep, though by the time you see this, it may go by some other name. Please, do not go farther unless you plan to face <alixztrazzia and slay her. She has many minions working for her, mostly orcs and necromancers, and like all dragons wild beasts and vermin seem to flcok in her wake. Be wary, and should you find more of these orbs, all you need to do is touch them!" There is a loud crash and roar, and Dellidon looks away nervously, hurrying as he reaches forward. "Dragons are terrible things, be careful! And should you find my body, please, lay me to rest." The image then cuts out.

Theis moves to EE3 and checks the door for traps, finding none.

Tadil moves forward to open the door then steps aside, moving to EE2.

Zhill moves to FF3, ready for action.

Bal-Ghash moves to GG4 and gets ready to cast.

Galain moves to EE4 and waits for the door to open. Seeing as it's wide enough he then moves to DD4.

The clatter of bones echo through the room as several skeletons rise up from the ground, rusted weapons in hand. They stare at the Heroes with their empty sockets and the closest opens its mouth as if to roar, but no sound comes from it. Combat has begun!
► Show Spoiler
Note: All your actions happen first, as explained in the combat rules in the first post. So killing a creature denies it a chance to attack you guys.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:32 pm

Zhill remains in current position and spends all (3?) actions using Keen Eye (or is it just +1/turn of inaction? and do I have to call use of that ability against a specific target? Sorry for the questions and thanks.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Galain moves up to CC4 and punches the skeleton ahead of him, using his height advantage to- Oh wait... Well, he punches it in the knee.
My game:

My characters:

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Please read the ability.
"Keen Eye-Spend a move action, Attack +1 on next shot(stacks up to Archer Level)"
This answers all of your questions in one sentence. To clarify, your next shot has Attack +x, doesn't matter who you fire it at. x is equal to the number of move actions to spend before firing. And "stacks up to Archer Level" means you can only gain +1 with it right now, as you are aLevel 1 Archer. So using it three times is not only pointless, but impossible for you right now.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Right, forgot about the stack. Sorry.

Zhill will move to DD2, use Keen Eye for 1 action, then attack skeleton currently at AA2
Last edited by SGTdude on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 pm

"Great, I always wanted to slay a dragon"

Zolaz moves to EE3 if it clears and shoot at the skeleton in BB4.
If EE3 is occupied Zolaz will only move to EE4.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:06 am

Tadil goes to BB03 and attacks the skeleton on BB04.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:36 am

I can move after an attack right?
Theis moves to AA3
Attacks the skeleton on Z3
Then moves to CC2

If I can't move after an attack
Move to BB2
Attack skeleton on AA2
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:44 am

I am LARPing this weekend, leaving in about an hour, won't be back until late Sunday night. Please take this time to read over the rules thoroughly, to ensure we can avoid questions that are already answered.