Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Patdragon
Game Master

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by Patdragon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Bishop: Lodging and accommodation you shall have as that is merely expected of me and we shall join you in helping solve this threat to my and the surrounding kingdoms. Once it is done I will listen to your advice on the matter of the metal, but as you said the more important matters need to come first.
If you plan to venture into Morgue itself and reseal the breach then I am behind you fully. I would assign you my best set of troops and my dragon knight, who've you'd had the pleasure of meeting already. I can't leave the city completely unprotected though if some of your men could help keep here.
My first concern is for all the people here after all. Is there any assistance or safeguards you can advise on, I would like to know to aid the people?

Dragon Knight: "I'd like you to assist the Bishop in his endeavor, However I would also like to peak to you and the Emissary on other matters before you go.

DragonKnight/ Emissary: "I can see why it took over a season for you to return to gather up these reinforcements. Can you tell me how bad this metal is from your meetings with the church. Why is it so bad? and did you tell them how much we had or where we acquired it from?
Do you have any other information to tell me about your time away.

Magister: "First I'd like to assign some of the new mages the task to go with the bishop, he may not like them but they know the land they are heading into and of the magics that are at power there.

Second why would the Bishop consider the Metal tainted? Odd properties yes but tainted? I'd like you to have half of it hidden and if we do need to dispose of some to the lead rune seas drop then So be it. We'll have keep some of it and hopefully he won't tear down the magnification statue the artisan built. Perhaps get your young assistant to hide it away as

thirdly I'd like you to assist the defenses of the city be it with direct attacks or more protective natures and wards. "

Tiamet: "These storms are causing a right bother to my kingdom and I assume to yours too. Are you doing anything to alleviate the problem? I have decided to take action myself and am seeking to solve this problem. However as I know your claims on Morgue and the Necropolis caused this problem I expect you to be Grateful when it is solved."

Artisan: "Good work on the fortifications I'm sending the apprentice to you to assist Keep safe if you can and fall back when danger is too close."
Apprentice: "Assist the artisan with the defenses"

Marshall: "Keep the defenses going and be cautious and fall back if needed. We did build a moat for this reason after all. "

Regent: "A famine will hit soon and we need to keep the populace under control, I know this is a weary job for you but keep the populace more docile is important. I will assign the emissary to assist you in this. I will leave the illegal hunting for the moment, if the undead get too close that will scare all the animals away anyway.While not a time for a party try to keep them busy with making something...Perhaps have them make things to throw off the walls at the undead is they get too close, or perhaps pitch and tar "

Emissary: "Assist the Regent in keeping the populace under control or do you think you can do an emergency run to Rhenovia and get additional food stocks set to us to weather the famine. I am willing to pay the coffers if needed. "

Ourselves: Occasionally fly over the undead hoards if the y get too close and burn them too cinders

Mercenary: Unavailable
Spymaster: Unavailible
Squire : Unavailable
Minerva: Nothing of note
----------------
Other: Forges to change to making weapons again (perhaps those more inclined to deal with the dead...Bolts and bows and Bludgeoning weapons maybe?
If spending coffer to reinforce the army would work we should.
------------
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Burn them zombies UP

Hmm... You just might. If it's just zombies, it's not like they have any means to attack you while you're in the sky, especially if they're so unusually... Docile. You could likely clear a good number of them, and make the job a tad easier on the soldiers... The smell, though- Ugh.

>Become Trogdor
whose it be possible to build a fortification around the refugee camp in order to keep them safe, as well as around the mines so that our miners can continue to work.
"Good work on the fortifications I'm sending the apprentice to you to assist Keep safe if you can and fall back when danger is too close."

"Hmm... There is a difference between whether or not it's possible, and how much it will help I'm afraid, sire... Is it possible- Certainly. With no threats around there, we should have the time to build at least a stockade... But the question is how much this would eventually help. I'm no military expert, but... Any wall will topple if attacked and left undefended. Perhaps if these... Things stay as docile as they are, it could be very effective... But more likely you'd need to station an unit there to keep them protected as well. Then there's off the course matter that even with walls... Well, I'd probably not be eager to go back there voluntarily. The refugees... I'd much prefer to find a different solution, but if we close our walls for them, they've got little choice. We could construct defenses for them and tell them it's safe, although..." the Artisan says, sighing and scratching his head as he seems devoid of any solutions that are "good for everyone".

"As for the pass... I'd likely consider this more worthwhile on the defense front at least, although I must admit I have my reservations there, too... The pass is simply too big, and we're being pushed back too quickly- There's no time to construct anything that's guaranteed to keep them out forever- A wooden wall perhaps could work, with some stone reinforcements where we can fit them... But if these things ever become rowdy, it won't keep them back forever."

"Still... If we put it back as much as possible, and the guard manages to hold the pass in front while we are constructing it... It could work. We'd be pressed to get the resources and everything done in a time I'd deem it properly defensible... We'd likely want something to slow down the undead for a while longer."

"...Perhaps... We can set some charges near the cliffside? Collapse part of the pass..? We do have those barrels confiscated still..."

>The Artisan may construct defenses around the refugee/mining camp.
>The Artisan may attempt to construct a proper pass wall.
continue to hold the wall.
"Keep the defenses going and be cautious and fall back if needed. We did build a moat for this reason after all. "

The Marshall gives just a wry grin: "I suppose I didn't need to be told that..." he says, wiping off the smirk as he gives a nod, and continues his work...

>The Marshall will defend the pass.

"Assist the artisan with the defenses"

"Teacher having issues, huh? Don't put it too hard on him- He must be stressing out majorly about all this... Doesn't help that he is a bit of a perfectionist too, get what I'm saying? I'll give him a good wallop in the ass to get him working, don't you worry."

>The Student will assist the Artisan.

there are hordes of undead roaming the border. Would you and your apprentices be able to fight them with magical fire or control them in some way in order to keep our soldiers safe.
Second why would the Bishop consider the Metal tainted? Odd properties yes but tainted? I'd like you to have half of it hidden and if we do need to dispose of some to the lead rune seas drop then So be it. We'll have keep some of it and hopefully he won't tear down the magnification statue the artisan built. Perhaps get your young assistant to hide it away as

thirdly I'd like you to assist the defenses of the city be it with direct attacks or more protective natures and wards. "

"My my, we seem to be thinking alike, are we not..?" the Magister says, nodding approvingly... Before actually getting to the points you've discussed. "Certainly I, or any of my assistants could assist against these undead... Either directly, or more passively- I already previously offered to have wards constructed, something of the likes might still be possible... But we can always apply more direct methods, too, if you just want us to give some assistance in simple combat... Although personally, I'm interested in seeing if we can take over control, find out more about the force animating them."

"As for the metal... I'd not have a clue, sire, besides like I've said before that it... Breaks some laws of magic that are known. The whole conversation of energy principle, but I'll spare you the boring details... Always knew it was odd- But not exactly why this triggered them so much."

"But you are speaking my mind concerning the metal- It's far too valuable to just have it thrown away according to the words of some religious hotshot... If anything, that'd make me more interested in really finding what's so special about it- Just take half, hide it... They only know about it because we thrust it right under their noses in the first place, how they'd ever find out? Seen this bishop fellow walk past our statue, and either he's playing dumb, or he can't find it as easy as that... So as long as we keep it hush-hush between us..."

>The Magister and mages will assist at the pass.
>Half of the magic ore will be hidden.

While it's obvious darkness is coming across the mountains and the people are upset about us burning their dead, let us attempt to improve the mood in the city. Take a coffer of gold and throw a magnificent party in the people's honor.
"A famine will hit soon and we need to keep the populace under control, I know this is a weary job for you but keep the populace more docile is important. I will assign the emissary to assist you in this. I will leave the illegal hunting for the moment, if the undead get too close that will scare all the animals away anyway.While not a time for a party try to keep them busy with making something...Perhaps have them make things to throw off the walls at the undead is they get too close, or perhaps pitch and tar "

"Hmm, you're right that just a regular party is probably in poor taste... And to purchase it from Rhenovia or elsewhere would cost us far more, not to mention we'd be considered quite foolish if the very next season we have people fighting over a loaf of bread. Hopefully it doesn't come to that..." he adds, murmuring the last part. "But we could do... A parade, perhaps? Something to entertain the masses- Let joy overtake the shadows in the back of their mind for a moment or two. Very well sire- I shall get to that."

>The Regent will host a parade. (1 gold)

go to rhenovia and tell them that we shoulder like to hire a unit of soldiers to stop the approaching storm on order to save the world.
"Assist the Regent in keeping the populace under control or do you think you can do an emergency run to Rhenovia and get additional food stocks set to us to weather the famine. I am willing to pay the coffers if needed. "

"Ah, sire, here I will be delighted to say... Our declaration with friendship makes it so Rhenovia is almost obliged to send aid should it be necessary- And given circumstances, I would definitely deem it necessary. Only thing to consider is how soon we want to ask for it- I don't think we'll be blamed given circumstances, but there is a difference between immediate aid, and calling for help then having the troops sit around for a year... They'd run out of the food they'd pack too after a while, and then we'd need to be the ones feeding them."

"Still, if you want for this help to be sent now, I'd gladly go and take care of it... Additionally, we could try and arrange food supplies, but given how many people we need to feed... I'd wager it'll be costly. Three gold for each season we need their aid."

"Or given that you figure that best left to another time, I can certainly help out the Regent- Just let me know what you'd prefer me to do, sire."

>The Emissary may visit Rhenovia for military aid/food relief
>The Emissary may assist the Regent

We will do as you have said. I care deeply for my people, tell me what I must do to save them.
Lodging and accommodation you shall have as that is merely expected of me and we shall join you in helping solve this threat to my and the surrounding kingdoms. Once it is done I will listen to your advice on the matter of the metal, but as you said the more important matters need to come first.
If you plan to venture into Morgue itself and reseal the breach then I am behind you fully. I would assign you my best set of troops and my dragon knight, who've you'd had the pleasure of meeting already. I can't leave the city completely unprotected though if some of your men could help keep here.
My first concern is for all the people here after all. Is there any assistance or safeguards you can advise on, I would like to know to aid the people?

"For now your liege Freyahl, you need not worry yourself too much... Besides the accommodations, for now- For now, we are simply waiting on some further reinforcements before proceeding... I shall have my priests put a holy ward upon the city, prevent any direct attacks... If you believe that you may have matters that are more urgent concerning this threat, however... Do let me know."

"I suppose that answers the question of what can, and shall be done to protect your people... Beyond this magical ward, there is little one can do besides the physical boundaries already set up... Impressive ones, I might add. I am quite impressed seeing the state of your city, having heard what happened not that long ago. Regardless... I shall appreciate the efforts of your Dragonknight once we will push for an actual attack- But that is not quite yet."

>The Bishop is currently having a holy ward being created...

"I can see why it took over a season for you to return to gather up these reinforcements. Can you tell me how bad this metal is from your meetings with the church. Why is it so bad? and did you tell them how much we had or where we acquired it from?
Do you have any other information to tell me about your time away.

"Besides the... Strange events that lead to the commandment surrounding the metal, my lord, the trip was very successful, and has little of note to mention. When we originally arrived, everything was going smoothly and, when first presented, the magical ore was taken gladly. It was upon entering the temple that things turned... Both awry and strange. It was as if when the metal passed a certain threshold, it reacted with something... I did not get a proper look at everything, but from a distance it looked like it was melting off the cart they were trying to cart it in with. But most prominently were the sounds produced during this. Some kind of infernal, shrieking noise."

"Needless to say, things turned sour for a moment for us as well... I had almost made a rash decision to try and rush out with the Emissary as they seemed intent on apprehending us, but figured that bad relations with them were not possible, sire... And luckily, our Emissary later managed to convince them it was unintentional, that we had never truly figured out yet all it's properties. We were pardoned, although it was made clear the metal were to be destroyed, by their high council. I believe they had an inkling as to what exactly it was what happened... But I do not believe they even shared it with anyone besides themselves."

>The Dragonknight is awaiting an action...
Forges to change to making weapons again
>Forges changing to producing blunt weaponry...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Great, the magic ore is unholy power. Or holy power from a god opposing Ragnarok.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Or it's superstitious dribble.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:03 am

Artisan: Work on the pass wall then, it is something that will ensure better protection of the refugees anyways, and furthermore, it can act as a needed border wall for many years to come, whether in times of peace or times of war. Once this current mess is over I will provide what means I can to further improve on the wall as well as doing something to protect our other borders so that you are not so pressed to meet current demands.
Student: With your master working on the wall at the pass, build a few siege weapons to be mounted along its length or behind it, but also help him with the wall as he instructs.
Magister: This will be a perfect time to test the use of your new students.
Regent: A parade is a wonderful idea and I hope that it will get the peoples mind off of the current incoming disaster. In fact, given that my hopes that this beast will be vanquished or hopefully sealed in a few months, perhaps we should hold a yearly celebration of this day, Hope in the face of overwhelming odds or some-such. This is a time that will be remembered forever, let us make sure that it is remembered in a positive light, when good, triumphed over evil.
Emissary: Assist the Dragonknight with the refugees as I have instructed her.
Bishop: Let him do his thang.
DragonKnight: We have lost a unit of soldiers while they were defending the pass. However, the refugee crisis could fulfill some of that need. Call upon the people of our city, both refugee and citizen, telling them of the benefits they and their families may receive upon joining the royal army. I require at least 1 unit, but the more the merrier.