Magic, Monsters and Mazes Oh My!

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: Magic, Monsters and Mazes Oh My!

Post by Nerre » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:59 am

Morro (2)

So I could directly move to O12 after getting to O13 without penatly? Is it also speed 2 to move from one box to the next if they are at the same height?
If I can still attack N13 from O12, I will go there.
:zzz:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:30 am

Karl (3) moves to P4 and shoots the goblin.
in case I can't move past enemies (or besides them since there is an open spot beneath the rat.) Karl moves to L4 and shoots the goblin.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:19 am

"Meat will kill stupid rats!" he shouted

Meat (2) attack the rat infront of him.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:38 am

(3) Potain... seeing that everyone gangs up on the goblin, moves to L-5 ans shoots the rat at N-5.
-Best regards LAYF

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Looks like everyone has posted to that means the next update will be for all 3 groups. At work and designing sprites for more monsters so I'll probably get the maps updated and results of everyone's actions posted within a couple hours!

Edit: All but 1 person. I'll give them a bit, I prefer updating all three groups at once, it actually minimizes my over all mistakes. Group 2, I'mBob is on a trip so you need to vote for his character to take actions.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:41 am

Bob's character will also get onto a box and attack, so he's not in the way.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:19 am

Group 1
Junter delays his action.
Lonar aims a small blast of energy at the Skeleton in F3, dealing 1 point of damage to it.
Junter moves to F2 and attacks the Skeleton in F3, but his stabs end up passing through the holes in the creatures ribs. Not wishing to take another hit Junter retreats to I3.
Hunarauk slashes again at the Skeleton in G4, cutting through one of it's arms and doing 1 point of damage to it.
Kalin strikes at the skeleton in F3, but it manages to avoid his fists.

Skeleton F3 swipes at Kalin, but doesn't even get close.
Skeleton G4 slams it's remaining arm on Hanurauk, getting past his shield and doing 1 point of damage to Hunaruak.
► Show Spoiler
Both Skeletons and Hunarauk have taken 1 point of damage.
Round 8 Begins!

Group 2
Pinky climbs up onto the boxes of O15 and attacks the rat in O16, stabbing it fatally for 3 points of damage.
Morro moves past Meat and deftly hops up onto the boxes, moving to O12, then drop kicks the rat in N13 and hits it for 2 points of damage, crushing it's skull.
Meat roars and brings his weapon down on the rat in front of him, doing 4 points of damage and cleaving it in half.
Tinian Struggles a bit but manages to climb onto the boxes at O13. He cannot hit the Rat at M16 without being in danger of it attack him(and killing him.)

The Rat at M16 scrambles up onto the boxes at N16 and bites at Pinky, but misses.
The other rats are all dead.
Round 5 Begins!

Group 3
Tharl steps to the north, kickign the dead rat aside as he slashes at the Gobbo in N4, leaving a horrific gash as he does 3 points of damage.
Slice Equips his new dagger and moves to M5, stabbing at the Gobbo in N4, the blade does 3 points of damage and blood gushes from the creatures wounds as it dies.
Karl moves around the fight to P4, ready to blast the Goblin if the two damage dealers miss, but his target is now a small corpse in a large pool of blood.
Potain gets up right behind Slice and fires over his shoulder at the Rat in N5, planting an arrow in it's back for 3 points of damage and killing it.

Monsters are all dead, no one took damage. N4 is slippery with blood.
Round 8 Begins!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:23 am

Morro (2), satiesfied with the result of the battle so far, only one rat left. Since he is sure the others can easily deal with it, he bows down to grab the key in O11 and then jumps from crate to crate towards the chest on I12.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:20 am

Pinky (2) stabs the rat on n16 box, then (if it's dead) climbs down into the square with the coin and takes it. If it's not dead she stabs it again.

Tinian moves towards the nearest safe loot and takes it.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:40 am

Since Bob is in holidays and asked his group members to take over, I double Nikohls move for him.
If there is no loot left, check the crates for loot, since Pinky is going for the coins and Morro for the key. Be careful just in case there are more rats inside. If yes, jump back.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:45 am

Kalin (1) attacks again.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:40 am

(3) slice moves the chest, examines it and then either opens it, unlocks it, or disarmed the trap.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:20 am

Remember guys, you only get 1 attack per turn until Level 4.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:28 am

Karl (3) moves to the chest as well and examines any magical item in it after Slices have checked it for traps and/or unlocks it and didn't find any traps/negated them.
open and looting if necessary.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:40 am

(3) Potain moves to O-6, ready if anyone opens the door... "So... anything useful in that chest?"
-Best regards LAYF

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:58 am

Lonar(1) attacks skeleton on F3 or G4 if F3 is already destroyed

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:17 am

Tharl (3) seeing everyone else rush the chest after he gave the last chest up, and is the only one to have taken damage (twice), uncharacteristicaly grumbles instead of snarls, "My blood paid for that chest." He moves to the new door (O7), and then spends the next 2 actions examining it for traps. Tharl knows he's not good at this, but it seems the thief is otherwise occupied at the moment after spending half the fight looking at the dagger Tharl gave him, and the area around the chest is crowded. Tharl does NOT unlock the door or open the door, but in his examinations he might notice IF it is locked.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:22 am

RP'ing:
"Don't worry my friend, A thief will always search for gold, and a mage for power, but I am sure that our friends would willingly give you anything that you might be able to use from the chest." Potain says as Thral passes him on his way to the door, giving him a hand on the shoulder as comfort!
-Best regards LAYF

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:00 am

Meat (2) will follow Morro (2) to the treasure chest.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Rp'ing
"Don't worry you two, I have an expertise with magical equipment so it would be best if I identified it right away. Are we lucky then there could be healing potions or magical armor for you. or new spells to learn"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Questions
Mutters to Themself

Post by Questions » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Junter moves and attacks whichever skeleton is still standing, then moves back to where he started if any skeletons are still alive. If no skeletons are alive he will check the room for traps, inspect the golden things in the corners, and pick them up if they are coins. However much of that he can get done.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:29 pm

Hunarauk will strike at the skeleton before him again. If the skeleton dies, he will move to any uncollected loot on the ground and retrieve what he can.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Workign on the Update, should be all groups again, I like this pace. Keep it up!

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:13 pm

All maps Updated

Group 1
Kalin strikes the skeleton again, shattering its jaw as he hits for 1 point of damage.
Lonar fires a bolt at the same skeleotn, the magical energies hit the skeleton for 1 point of damage and it collapses into a pile of dust.
Junter steps over the pile of bone dest, slashing the Skeleton at G4 as he passes it and severing its spine as he hits for 2 points of damage and kills it. He stops at D3 so he can start checking for traps on the next turn.
Hunarauk Moves to H4 and finds 2 Gold coins on the ground.

All skeletons are dead.
Round 9 Begins!

Group 2

Morro hops down and picks up the key, then skillfully navigates the boxes until stopping at I13.
Pinky slashes the rat, cuttign off its head cleanly, then moves down to collect the 1 Gold coin at O16.
Tinian moves to J17 and collect 3 Gold coins.
Meat moves between the boxes, climbing up onto a box to at J12.

All Rats are dead.
Round 6 Begins!

Group 3

Slice moves to the chest, finds it to be locked but not trapped, and picks the lock.
Karl Moves tot he chest as well, opening it and finding 3 Gold and Magic Robes, looting the robes to identify them next turn.
Potian Moves to O6 and watches the door.
Tharl moves tot he door at O7, and has no idea what he'd be looking for to find a trap. But the door is shut tight and seems to have an alternate locking mechanism, as there is no key hole visible.

The chest still has 3 Gold in it, only Karl and Slice are able to loot unless they leave the coin and make room.
Round 9 Begins!

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:21 pm

Lonar(1) moves to D2, taking the loot from the floor
Last edited by kida on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.