Aegis J Hyena in hospital

Home to all current Forum Games.
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Aegis J Hyena in hospital

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:00 am

I am in the hospital due to kidney failure out of nowhere and dehydration. I've been treated (mostly) but they want to address "problem A, problem B, problem ABCDEFG" and so on against my wishes. Admitted a couple days ago, do not expect escape until October because they're giving me no information, I've lost my voice so can't ask questions,and my only relative is a bleeding heart with no will of his own to defy the hospital. Don't know when I'll be able to post again.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Aegis J Hyena in hospital

Post by LAYF » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:16 am

Sad to hear that my friend... I hope the best and a fast full recovery should more be wrong....
-Best regards LAYF

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:42 am

Best wishes! Hope you can escape soon (once the kidney thing is sorted) :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:53 am

I hope you get a quick recovery! :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:53 am

Ditto^ but More Better (because this is in games, its a competition of well wishes)

Thus, I wish you a faster recovery and I'm extra more sadder than those above me.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:57 am

Kidney failure is nothing to sneeze at. I hope you get well soon and come back to keep us entertained. Until then, keep your captors placated and lulled into a sense of security, and once you are well enough, make your escape in a way that you can go down as a legend. :D
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:17 am

Get well soon!
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks guys, means much. Unfortunately while I am holed up here I have learned my brother (who is a goody two shoes squeaky clean "obey the government or else" type has access to my home machine, complete with logins currently open. Given I browse /b/ and he is just as spiteful as I am... things are going to get ugly. Might be out of here next week, they're throwing out all lab results because the head lab person is a holier-than-thou that wants to do it themselves.

No more posts from me until friday or so. Thanks for the well wishes and with luck at the end of next month we can use the penis catheters they used on me on the enemies of the Civ goblins.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Ick catheters.

Uh, if you can type, can't you communicate that way or by pencil and paper?

Hope you get better, and can fight the medical system.

And not to nitpick, but maybe this should be over in Hidden, maybe even the Healthe thread there. Games just seems OT.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Back home from hospital, I have a bunch of lifestyle changes to oversee (20 years of nothing but Mt. Dew... never again...). Effective immediately you can consider me offline and much as I HATE to leave Oasis Hearth hanging, I've gotta do it while I do some cross country hops to be closer to family as well as some other things. Docs said my kidney function was 98% gone; I should have had the big -10 over my head on arrival. Body was cannibalizing apparently and since I'm only 5'9" and 115 pounds, not much there. Junior's blood suck attack on that PC fits rather nicely.

Anyhoo, I'm logging off and getting shit in order because my kidney is at 45% or so and a relapse could hit. Badgeaddict, you and Burns have control of the Civ until it burns or dries up or whatever. Or do nothing and leave it as a legacy, I dunno. When (It'll be a few months at least... my personal thought is next spring) I do return, it won't be under this name. Kinda cutting all ties at the moment to focus on this.

Cheers folks :)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Damn. :( Get well Aegis.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 pm

It's been an honor, keep well matey :)
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 pm

That is some bad news, sad to hear. Hope you get well, Aegis. Best wishes!
:zzz:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:39 pm

Ugh. That sucks man. Keep well and hope you get the care you need.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Yea... what the others said... I hope it will turn around.... Best of luck from me!
-Best regards LAYF

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Belated best wishes, mate. I hope the nee-sayers are all wrong and you'll be back to beat them insensible with their own limbs.

Soon.

mnem
Pesky kidneys anyways... why can't they just be quiet and suck pee like they're supposed to?