Sidus Diabola - Game Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Re: Sidus Diabola - Game Thread

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:01 am

At first Joel was further irritated; that sure killed his buzz real good. But then the panic hit. He had drilled for things like this constantly in his military academy during a childhood--riots. But this was the real thing. And everyone was in danger, potentially, in every corner of the ship.
As a few of the bustled around him and started going out the door, he grabbed the nearest one, Miles, and tried to persuade the nervous man.
"Wait, if the power's out, is the tram out? I have to go to Residential! Now!!" he said, sounding desperate for a quick answer, and completely ignoring Felix's advice to stay quiet. "If it's a riot, will they cut off the trams??" Finally, he forced himself to go as low to using a guilt trip. "Please. My daughter's there. In Residential. She'll need me."
Joel wished he could have kept the cool demeanor in front of all the eggheads, but just thinking about his daughter alone in the apartment with only the sitter made him feel sick. That, and the alert lights could only make him think of blood.
I am high in fructose.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:26 am

Alan is irritated by Joels outburst but manages to maintain his composure.

"Sir, now is not the time to panic. I can understand your concerns but we must keep calm. Come with us to the safety area and we can wait what happens. I'm sure the security personnel will keep your daughter safe.", he says in a low and soothing voice.
He tries to seem as self-confident as he can.

Alan quickly takes his stuff and goes with the others.

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:54 am

Big Mike does his best to keep calm, "Okay people, lets just get to the nearest safe area as soon as possible alright? " He'll follow whoever is going there, since he actually can't remember how to get there.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Miles blinked and staggered back, startled by the drunkard's panic. He stammered in reply to the man, "I-I don't know! I'm just a junior tech, I don't..." Miles paused as he took a moment to think. "I can only speculate. It... it depends on what's considered non-essential to the station's functioning; Lights, access, life-support, those are easily essential, but everything else... everything else, you could put one justification or another on shutting it down. But..." Miles paused, looking down for a moment as another thought occurred to him, "...even if the trams are operational," Miles added slowly, looking back up at the man who grabbed him, "there's a good chance they've been locked down so only authorized personnel could use them. Otherwise, in the event of a prison break, the prisoners could use them to get access to far ends of the station. If you want to get to Residential, your surest bet would be to avoid the transit systems and make the trip on-foot."

Miles shifted uncomfortably in the man's grip. "C-could you please let me go?"

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Joel stared at the man unwaveringly at the stammering man, then letting him go gruffly, only breaking the gaze to look back and forth between him and the other bespectacled man who had the nerve to tell him to settle down. This was no time to settle down.
"Okay," he says, voice finally lowering. Like it or not, he needed their help. "So she might be fine now, but...but I want to get back there soon," he slurs, voice getting more and more weak the more he talks about his daughter. "Honestly, I'll have no idea where I'm going. But I'll...get someone to point me to the way at the safe...whatever. Fine. I'll tag along. But only until we get there. And, I'm in charge."
► Show Spoiler
I am high in fructose.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:06 am

"You keep telling yourself that, buddy." Felix mutters. In charge of nothing, more like. That's a man who's already lost control. She looks back at him, sympathetic for his worry about his daughter, but with her usual no-nonsense attitude towards people with addictions. A shame, but not something she can help him with.

"Which way, then?" she asks Eva, ready to follow as soon as the group starts to move.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:22 am

"Sick bay is this way - I pretty much live between there and the breakroom coffee machine so I'm pretty sure I could get there with my eyes shut. The safe zone though... They told us in the induction training that there were a number of large areas on the station that could be locked down and defended if needed, but everyone gets assigned to a different one depending on where they work. The sickbay's one of them and it's where I should be reporting to now to deal with any casualties, but I'm not sure about where the rest of you need to go. Sickbay's a bit of a trip and there might be safe zones closer to here."

Suddenly aware that she's wasting time, Eva shuts up. "I'm going to sickbay. You guys can come if you want but you'll have to find somewhere else to go if we're swamped with injured."

Eva moves off towards sickbay, keeping a careful watch for anyone appearing in the corridors.

---------------------------------

@Bean: Making a bunch of stuff up here, but happy to edit this post as appropriate if it dosen't fit the 'real' station layout / regulations. Just let me know.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:12 am

► Show Spoiler
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:21 am

"Wow, that guy really knows how to make himself popular.", Alan thought sarcastically. But this was not the time to argue with some annoying braggart. If there really was an emergency, an arguement was the last thing they needed.

"It's way too dangerous to let you go alone, so I suggest we stay together and get to sickbay."

All this talking and being in the spotlight made Alan uncomfortable, but someone had to keep these people calm and together.

OOC:
► Show Spoiler

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:11 pm

► Show Spoiler
Many of you grab your phones and comms but every phoneline rings busy, SMS messages fail to send and all radios catch only static.

As the group moves through the doors and into the hallway everything gets much louder. The corridor is very wide and is the same off-white as the break room. A wide green stripe, the same color as Eva's scrubs, halfway down the wall breaks the monotony of colour and reads "Level Four" in white stencil. The red light stains blood colored shadows over everything. Heavy footsteps, multiple pairs, can be heard running down the hallway, past a corner.

From around the corner, two guards appear in their standard black uniform with the green armband that reads 4. They have their pistols drawn and sprint past your group without acknowledging them. As they pass you can hear their conversation.

"Damn it, all the comms are down!"
"Fuck the comms, Private! We worry about our floor first then support the others! Doubletime it!

They disappear down the hall without speaking to any of you, like you were ghosts. They were heading away from sickbay's direction and towards the gunfire. The gunfire can still be heard but seems to be dying down.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Martin moves along the hallways, away from the gunfire.
"Well weren't those two in a cheerful mood. Though they seem to be a bit late to the party."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:58 pm

As the guards rush past, one of them bumps Big Mike, knocking his glass off ans the break as they hit the floor. "Well shit, ain't that just perfect. Lets get out of here before any more armed people come through." He'll stay with the group, considering they move towards a safe area.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:05 am

► Show Spoiler
"Shit... This isn't looking good... Come on, we have to hurry."

Speeding up, Eva hurries onwards to the sickbay.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:20 am

"Agreed!"

Felix bends down and picks up Mike's glasses and lenses/pieces of lens/whatever - not really looking to see how broken they are or if they can be repaired at all, just grabbing all the bits - and jogs to catch up with everyone else. She puts them in her pocket for safekeeping. "Can you see anything without these? I'm sure there's some tape or something at sickbay, maybe we can fix them there."

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:28 am

"Sounds like the gunfire is winding down... think they've got it under control?" Miles asks as he runs with the rest of the group.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:09 am

"I'm sure somebody has the situation under control, and we may find out soon enough who it is. Of course, whoever it is that comes out on top, they will certainly be happy to see us. We're just such a likeable lot."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:56 am

nikohl wrote:"Can you see anything without these? I'm sure there's some tape or something at sickbay, maybe we can fix them there."
"Yeah, I can see well enough without them, but everything's all fuzzy. Thanks."

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:38 am

thinkslogically wrote:"Shit... This isn't looking good... Come on, we have to hurry."
"Agreed, we should be away before this gunfight resolves."

Alan jogs along, hoping the sickbay is nearby, he really doesn't have the stamina to keep going for more than a few minutes.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:16 am

Joel stumbles on, trying to stay in front of as best he can, irritable but starting to cool off. He closed his eyes as often as he could. The stupid red shadows were playing tricks on his eyes and exacerbating his headache.
I am high in fructose.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:05 pm

"Is this a joke?" Cosmo storms out of the toilet, his helmet on his head and the headlight on, but still fighting with his suit. "What did hap...pen." he realizes what is going on and opens his visor, so he can also hear the repeating message. He takes a look around, the break room all empty. Where did they run? He closes the visor and opens a data panel on his forearm and tries to log into the life sign detectors of this sector. Maybe he can find them. Hey, isn't that them? That large group heading for the sick bay? They are indicated green, so they have to be personal and no prisoners, cause the prisoners are marked in yellow, red and black, depending on their threat level. He also spots some more dots, but he can only access the sensors of this sector, some kind of security measure. Cosmo opens a hatch to a maintenance tunnel, then he hurries to get to them. He hopes they have a plan, else he would have to try to get them out. The red light is annoying him, despite of the fact that the white light from his helmet lamp is strong enough to wash it away at the most places. But still, there are some red shadows which make him crazy. Why did they install the the red lamps even into the maintenance corridors? After a short run he arrives at another hatch, which you could call one of the backdoors of the sick bay. He opens his visor and then the door. "Maintenance foreman Cosmo Allister, don't panic." He introduces himself and calms the others in one go, then he closes the hatch behind himself to the large group of green uniforms and asks. "Anybody got a plan what to do now?"
He also notices that not everybody he spotted on the sensors made it here yet, a larger group should arrive soon.

OOC: You see a man in a sturdy suit, a little bit dirty, which is a mix of anthracite and light gray. On top of it is a black helmet. You know this is a maintenance crew suit, they are made to last long and can even go into space with the proper attachements like air tanks. In one hand he got a toolbox. The visor on his helmet is open, inside you see a shaved face, unspectacular and average. You could easily think of at least two or three more persons you know who look similar. The man himself must be a bit smaller than average, but he looks pretty strong and has broad shoulders.
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
:zzz:

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:01 pm

► Show Spoiler

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:15 pm

The group, now fully formed, continues down the hallway. They know that sickbay is close and should reach it too. The fact that the gunfire behind them seems to have stopped entirely, replaced by incredibly loud cheering.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:53 pm

"Don't stop moving, and pick up the pace. Somehow I doubt the guards would be cheering that loudly, and I don't believe the prisoners would be fair about a running race."
Martin picks up the pace to a run, continuing to the medbay.
My game:

My characters:

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Big Mike follows Martin. No way is he waiting to get jumped by prisoners.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Joel is confused, the cobwebs on his brain from the morning still stuck firmly in place."But, are you sure?" he trots halfheartedly to keep up, but is considering leaving the group and joining the guards. They would be a billion times better company, at any rate. If he stuck around too long, he'd have to hear all their science and mechanics mumbo jumbo, which he wasn't in the mood for. Never in the mood for.
"The prisoners couldn't even get a hold on any guns, it's just a little power outage, right?" he says, more to himself. However, the group ignores, and to keep ahead, he starts upping his pace.
I am high in fructose.