Raptor at Heart - OoC discussion/chat

Home to all current Forum Games.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Raptor at Heart - OoC discussion/chat

Post by nikohl » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:26 am

Well, Brigitte was trying to convince people not to go to the site of the battle - but she's not going to stand around on her own if everyone else leaves :D

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:03 am

For those wondering, the split goes as such:

Water:
"Carrie" Lilly
Henry
Brigitte
Farah
Samuel
Lauren

Food:
Hammond
Ambrose
Bjorn
Katrina

We rather literally have an even split of interest. List updated to reflect correction.
Last edited by Mereneth on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:15 am

I had a thought...and being somewhat of a hunter/gatherer I don't find it out of the ordinary for Bjorn to think of it. So, I've added in a little extra which could make our finding each other easier.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Uhm, Lauren doesn't want to split up. So I guess, if not all the "people" are going to go to the battle site, she's going to stick with the water group (a) because it's bigger and b) because that was the first plan). She got a little "snack" with her, anyways, if push comes to shove. o:)

And yeah, marking the trees is intelligent, but probably not something that Lauren would have thought of the top of her head. Much more fitting for a viking, who spends a lot of time "outside"... :lol:

I did notice what Brigitte said (about eating Gilroy), but Lauren's been very "I think we should do this"-loud so far, so she's not gonna chime in on that until someone else said something to that idea.
On one hand she is accustomed to not eating her own species, on the other hand, this raptor form is very hard to think of as her own, much less the thing she carved and the "occupant" of which she hardly knew. (Besides, according to most beliefs among mankind, upon death the soul - which would have been the only human bit of the creature - leaves the mortal body behind, so it's only raptor left. And I don't think that - given the chance in her old surroundings, before the transformation, she would have objected to trying raptor meat.) On top of that, most creatures eat "their own", given the opportunity and/or in a dire situation, it's just human who came up with the rule that this is - for whatever reason - unthinkable.
But she definitely doesn't want the disapproval of the majority of the group, so she's gonna be quiet and listen for once.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:01 am

@Gathers I fixed the list. Larger group currently interested in the water plan.

I just have to prepare the post content to be view able as coming from separate area's to avoid confusion! I'll add a location flag to the top of the content post for each group; in this case Kill Site and Gully Stream

I do hope my way of allowing player actions to take place isn't too throwing. I know a lot of people are very used to getting a "yes this works" from a GM and that i've not been the type to do that as much; I do have my reasons though! I want your choices to have more immediate rewards/consequences.

As a [more brutal] survival RP your decisions have much more weight than normal. From the moment the split started I had a page going that covered what would happen if X# players & NPCs went to which site, including all to one site. If you're going to attempt to jump a gorge that is 10' long, for example, you ARE going to attempt the jump, and if it fails you're falling in or scrambling at the other edge. I'll gladly answer that, but don't put an alternative action that you 'take' if it fails. The failure is accompanied by the result that you'll need to deal with first. How far you can leap, or how high, is something your character has to learn so that they can use those skills in the quest to survive and eventually learn the who/what/why of your existence as a raptor, etc.

The NPCs are quite along for the ride and while they'll contribute, they won't play leader or make decisions for you. They have to learn just as you do and will do a lot of their learning from you. You've more or less convince Ambrose he isn't in hell, for example; he has mostly settled with the fact that this is his reality now.

Like last time, each NPC has something to bring to the table to help the pack survive/thrive as they acclimate. As we're starting to see, each also has their own backstory that goes beyond what is shown in the npc info section. I've got oodles of secrets for you to discover about them and in the near future we'll also see the first opportunity for a major boon to be earned! I'm really excited to be doing this again and especially so because of how much writing i'm doing on the side. [I even take a notepad to work to continue expanding on things.]

Just to give a taste of what kind of impact your decisions as a group had, including the split up, Farah is still with you as a result. I'll start work on the content post shortly!

I hope everyone is enjoying things so far as much as the last time. You will soon see plenty of activity to compete with the zany start you all had with doug and the Trike from the first game. If anyone has any questions/comments, I welcome them!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:09 am

*impatiently hops around* an update soon, yay!

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:10 pm

Sorry for the delay, got to start my experience of an inflamed achilles tendon recently and have found myself more interested in relieving the pain than anything else. It still sucks but i've figured out what position the affected foot/leg can be in and no hurt tremendously.

Anyhow, post is up!

In unrelated news, I got to see the lineart of a critter of mine from my book's planet 'Ryvalla' and am quite stoked with the outcome and want to share it. If bug-like creatures scare you, perhaps don't reveal the spoiler below as it contains the upload of the artwork!
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:55 am

Did all the NPCs ignore Brigitte's suggestion? I know the PCs did because no one else posted, but...?

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:32 am

nikohl wrote:Did all the NPCs ignore Brigitte's suggestion? I know the PCs did because no one else posted, but...?
It wasn't my intent to have them blatantly ignore it, though only Hammond and Ambrose technically would be doing so and I apologize for missing that. I don't mind adjusting the post, but short of undoing the transition I will, at this point, only be having them respond as being against the suggestion.

Lauren took a haunch with her. She was already at least in effect in agreement with you about eating what was left of gilroy.

Lilly was distracted and missed a fair bit of the conversation.

Farah didn't ignore the suggestion; she had already stated just beforehand that she wasn't all there with the idea of eating raw flesh, be it Gilroy parts or the big dino's and wanted to go to the water and forgo food.

I do want you guys to have time for pc on pc responses. You're not limited to a single post between posts from me and if I see it happening I will hold off on making npc posts unless their response is necessary for your portion of the RP.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:19 am

It's fine, I know you can't cover every little thing in each post, I mainly wanted to know if anyone had eaten bits of Gilroy before they left so I could react appropriately. Brigitte would have taken at least a couple of mouthfuls (being secure in her decision, and having not been warned off the idea by anyone else who might know better) - is it okay to say she did?

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:46 am

Definitely. I tried to leave the transition open ended enough to let you guys cover that kind of thing. I didn't want it to just be "poof you're there" since you'll have your own reactions to what happens as you move as well as anything i might bring up as well.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:53 am

Cool cool.

I'm at work so I won't be able to post til my break, but in case anyone else is about to post - Brigitte will likely pull Gilroy's other leg off since Lauren seemed to have an easy enough time detaching and carrying it. She'll encourage anyone else who might do similar (PC-wise), if you want to include that in your posts too.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:10 am

So, erm. I hope I'm not annoying our dear GM, but you didn't really describe the source of water that we have found now. The "title" gully stream indicates a flowing water body, I guess.

Are there trails (these can be indicated by the plant live around us, too, like rodent "tunnels" in grassy areas, where the blades are pushed sideways, etc.) leading there?

Is some creature that we can spot at the bank, possibly even drinking right now?

Any other things of notice, like footprints in the mud, a good observation point, a narrow bit, where one could easily fish, a nearby place that could be used as hideout, ... ?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:59 am

The lack of visible description for its because it isn't in view yet.... and looking at my post again I see now thought that I failed to detail that part in my haste to get the post up. My intended description was to tell you, the players, about how our view of it was blocked by the vegetation we had been clamoring through but could clearly hear the moving water and smell the presence of other creatures.

...oops >.>

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:52 pm

I've edited the post to reflect this. Going to wait a bit for remaining players to post before continuing. Best of luck with whats coming.

Final chance for a small boon for a while; no guess limit, but no more than three per response:

What was Ambrose planning on protesting against when he was zipped off to the Klyvaanri Jungle [Where you are now. Cause I wanted to name it xD]?

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:17 am

The Eiffel Tower?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:13 am

^yea it's 90% likely it is the eiffel tower (made of steel, not much practical use, contrtuction made made near The time Ambvrose died.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:49 am

And yes, it is the Eiffel tower.

That makes small boon #4. [3 if you exclude the bonus one I gave nikohl for using her idea in lilly's character background]

Boons won't always be super easy to get, though. Some of the really good ones will even have negative effects if your guess is wrong! That won't apply to the first major boon that'll come to light a bit later, but the benefit will be equal or greater than the cost of failure.

What lead you to your answer, nikohl? Burns has a pretty solid reasoning list but i'd love to hear your thoughts.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:50 am

Ambrose said he was from France 1888 and was an architect. It seemed logical! I just wasn't sure if you were looking for more detail - like protesting its construction methods, placement, his not being consulted, it being done wrong, that sort of thing.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Nah, just the object what. I've been striving to bury clues for my puzzles. thunt inspired that

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:48 am

It's gone a bit quiet in the IC thread...everyone okay? Busy in the run up to Christmas?

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:45 am

I was hoping to see Sam and Feytala post before I continued, personally. Its also been a good alternative excuse than just writers block on my part xD I know where I want things to go but the words refuse to become paragraphs! Kill site bit i've actually got written, its the stream part i'm actually having trouble with here in RAH.

I won't be bogged down with xmas stuff myself until the week of. xmas eve party, xmas day and then general day or two of xmas coma because i'll have eaten more in those two days than i do in a week or so.

As soon as I break my writers block, though, I am continuing with or without Sam and Fey's interaction. Tis the nature of the RP and absence is a danger/gamble outside of special circumstances. Once we hit the 23rd [friday] I'll call a lenient LoA until the 2nd so everyone can partake in the full xmas/new years stuff without feeling like they need to come post. I'll do general RP stuff still as i'm able for those interested in RPing during that time, perhaps a little side quest with some goodies or something.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:59 am

I kinda took what action I could, I could expand a bit more, but otherwise I'm in waiting mode.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:59 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I kinda took what action I could, I could expand a bit more, but otherwise I'm in waiting mode.
I know. I will post tomorrow regardless of if they post or not.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:30 am

I won't invent a language for every dino . swear!