Home to all current Forum Games.
SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Games Forum Rules Thread

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Forum Games Rules
  1. New games that have not yet started and are looking for players should be placed in the recruitment thread.
    • When the game is ready, the game's creator should contact one of the Games Moderators to move the thread back to the main forum.
    • Or the thread can be left in the Recruitment forum with the tag - Sign-ups Closed (or something similar)
  2. Do not sign up for a committed game unless you are prepared to put in the time
    • If you have to take a leave of absence, you must tell the GM and:
      • either give up your character to someone else or
      • have the existing players vote on your character's movements/actions until you return
  3. Game Master's (GM) have total authority within their own games
    • Running a committed game is hard work, be kind and patient with your GM
    • Do not post in a game you are not a player in unless the GM has given permission for people to do so
      • If the GM has given permission, please use the spoil tags when posting a comment if you are not a player
    • If you have an issue with a GM that cannot be handled personally, please contact one of the Games Moderators for help
  4. Out of Character threads should be labeled with the OoC tag.
  5. Threads about how to create games, and other resources for new game masters should be posted in the Resources forum.
  6. When a game ends, contact one of the Games Moderators to move it to the Completed Games forum.
Game Masters Group
  • The Admins and Moderators have created a special group for people who run forum games.
  • You must be running an active game in forum games in order to join this group, and its ranks will periodically be cleared of those who are no longer running games.
    • Active Games must be past sign ups if this is the first round of the game.
  • In order to join this group you must request to join here, and send a pm to either Wolfie or SeeAMoose explaining why you should be allowed to join the group.
  • This group has access to extra features such as increased private message box storage and additional bbcodes that could be used to enhance the quality of a game (blur, glow, fade-out).
    • These extra bbcodes should be used in game, don't abuse them.
Anti-Harassment Policy
This is a forum wide ruling:

There is to be no harassing of other members of the forum. This includes, but is not limited to:
  • Bullying
  • Stalking
  • Repeated altercations, despite attempts to get the other party to stop
Due to a number of problems that have occurred between Nerre and GathersIngredients, they are no longer allowed to play in the same games. If the game has an open enrollment and one gets accepted first, the other is automatically disqualified. If there is a lottery to be able to play, same rule applies.

If you see this happening, PM a Moderator or Admin. We do not tolerate this activity. Ever.

Discussion of these rules is available here.
► Show Spoiler
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: Games Forum Rules Thread

Post by Wolfie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Updated Rules to include Anti-Harassment Policy. For more information on our Anti-Harassment policy, please see the Forum Rules here: http://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2#p2
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: Games Forum Rules Thread

Post by Wolfie » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Just a note:

When a Moderator or Admin is playing a game in the Games Forum, they no longer have their "Mod hat" on within the confines of that game. This prevents them from being required to step in during any dispute that may arise during the course of the game, which would cause a conflict of interest.

If a dispute should arise, please contact another of the Games Moderators for assistance.

Thank you.

Wolfie and the Mod Team
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin