Escape! (Turn 118)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Escape! (Turn 117)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:58 am

Quick: everybody dance!!!!! Yes even the bad guys, lets get this rave started!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Escape! (Turn 118)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:56 am

Turn 118
> Quick: everybody dance!!!!! Yes even the bad guys, lets get this rave started!

Everybody everywhere takes 10 minutes out of their day to stop everything and dance! When it's over, they pick up exactly where they left off.

The Battle for the City
> Have the wizards split
> Jorgen and squwarks (and whatever redshirts are with them): try to do something about the bridge situation
Jorgen and the Sh'ki continue their way up the cavern. As they reach the city they are forced to fight their way through more and more monsters, which slows their progress under a hail of arrows and the occasional magic spell. Deciding to split up, about 3/4 of the Sh'ki head towards the old Hall where the majority of the city folk are securing their defences with the help of the Green Squark team. Aided by the redshirts and Concorde's (purple squark) Redshirt duo, the Duke's forces take only minor losses are making good progress towards the Hall where they will likely arrive in another turn or two.

With the loss of the bridge however, more and more of Merilla's army are arriving to reinforce their fallen forces and they are also heading for the Old Hall. They will likely reach the Hall in 2-3 turns. Jorgen and a small contingent of the Sh'ki head towards the bridge, but the fighting is intense and they are not able to fight their way through this turn. Goldie is slightly injured in a barrage of arrows and one of the Sh'ki falls under the attack, but they continue onwards for now.

Current Groups
Human Refugees (c. 50 soldiers / 500 refugees): Mounting a defence in the Old Hall.
Human Duke (c. 25 elite soldiers / 50 regular soldiers remaining): En route to the Old Hall.
Sh'ki Group 1 (c. 15 wizards): En route to the Old Hall

Jorgen & Goldie (& c. 4 wizards remaining): En route to destroy the bridge from above. Goldie is slightly injured.
Redshirts & Green squark: Defending the Old Hall. The green squark has been moderately injured.
Redshirts & Concorde: En route to Old Hall (with Duke's group). Concorde has been slightly injured.
Redshirts & Red squark: At sewage pool. Uninjured.

KEY LOSSES:
Captain of the Guard (with c. 25 elite soldiers)

-----------------------------------------------

At the Sewage Pool
> draw straws, one of them stays with squark for safetly, the other one checks out the underwater tunnel. Hold your breath and best of luck!

At the pool of grossness, the Redshirts draw straws and the unluckiest one gets to go swimming. Holding his breath, he ducks under the slimy, scummy surface of the water and heads through the dark tunnel, which goes on and on ... and on...

Lungs burning, the redshirt claws at the stone above him, trying to drag himself through to the far side, desperate for air. Involuntarily, he gasps and inhales a mouthful of slimy, gross water and chokes. Panicking and drowning, he kicks kicks off the bottom in desperations and suddenly breaks through the surface into breathable air! Coughing and retching he manages to drag himself to the edge of the pool and hauls himself up onto a shallow bank where he collapses exhausted onto the rock.

After a long few minutes, the Redshirt begins to realise that he is in a relatively large and well-lit cave. Pushing himself up onto his elbows, he finds himself staring straight down the shaft of a brutal looking arrow.

"You're from the Duke's own household guard eh? Well well. You really don't want to know how long we've been waiting for one of you lot to show up down here. Nothing like hiding out in a dark, shitty cave for fuck knows how long to really fuel the desire for revenge. Heh. We're going to have some fun with you."

This probably isn't good.

In the Pit
> follow the summons. flip your finger off the the assembled lawyer demons as you go. Because you CAN.
> ask those other demons which of them want to be taken care of before your case gets handled

Balt swithers for a moment over whether to be nice and let the others in the queue go before him. Fair's only fair after all. Then he remembers that disobeying bureaucratic instructions never ends well for anyone, and also that he's an evil demon minion. Fuck 'em. Balt flips off the waiting horde and heads to the front desk where he is ushered into a rather fancy, large office where a dozen lawyers have been assembled.

"It would appear that we have a problem with two contradicting contracts concerning your employment. On the one hand, you, as a demon are not allowed to participate in this war with Merilla in the mortal realm. On the other hand, you are required to serve the mortal half-orc for the duration of his pitiful existence and he appears to be set on bringing the sorceress down, if only to ease his own conscience. You and I both know that entrusting important matters to mortals is rarely a good idea and we are disinclined to leave this entirely in his pathetic hands. We believe we may have found a loophole however... Come with us."

In Merrila's HQ
> Shuuk: nick those IDs, remember the names, practice the signature.
Shuuk pockets the IDs, but can't find anything to write with.
> help look for the form
> tell Nyk not to find the form

Nyk is conflicted over whether or not to try helping the little winged guy, but eventually decides he probably should try. Having your wings pulled off sounds really mean. He somersaults off his pile of boxes and lands neatly next to the little creature.

"Don't worry! I'm going to help!"
"Really? I mean, you don't know the system or what I'm looking for or-"
"Is this it?"
"That one? No, that's a requisition form for thumscre-"
"This one?"
"No. Look, it even says on the top that it's -"
"OH! I found it! It's this one!"
"No it's not, look that's a vet bill and -"
"This one?"
"No, look - "
"This one!"
"No. Please don't put that over there, that's the wrong -"
"No it's ok, look! I'm making some new piles for you. Oh! This one!"
"Can you even read?"
"Oh, no. Ma says that's only for fancy folk with too much time. This one?"
"Oh gods..."
"Wow. Finding stuff is hard."
"Kid, what will it take to make you leave so I can get back to work?"

------------------------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES

SHUUK
INVENTORY: Demon broker's business card, torn oversized white robes, Makeshift bone hammer, non-magnifying spyglass, bag from shrine (containing: book, scrap of paper with numbers, letter, talisman, pouch of silver powder), Runed Battleaxe, Barman's Best Friend, Red Orb of Spying, gold tooth shaving, tiny lump of sulphur, Wand Of Firestorm (5 Charges, fire-based area attack), Fake IDs (for Shuuk & Nyk).
WEARING: Light armour, deerskin trousers, leather boots, tunic, leather belt, mysterious brooch, greaves.
ABILITIES: Summon demon

bALTHAZAAR
INVENTORY: Giant, glowing magical sword
WEARING: Giant chainmail shirt

NYK
INVENTORY: 1 Slime-covered (probably poisonous) dagger, Lucky pebble, bag of dried berries, ALL the squark keys, Box of Duplication (contains Demon Brand).
WEARING: Prisoners rags, Helmet of Plus-A-Jillion (bucket), Ninja mask, silver whistle + key, Really Boring Cloak.
ABILITIES: Sneak, Unarmed Attack, Detect Evil, Protection from Evil (passive).

JORGEN
INVENTORY: Pair of dice, ukulele, crossbow & bolts, longsword.
WEARING: City Watch uniform (leather trousers & boots, scale armour shirt, red tabard).
ABILITIES: Bard Songs

Redshirts x6
INVENTORY: 3x Simple swords, 3x Leather Armour, Shield of Firewall.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:40 am

Ulrich (=UnLuckyRedshIrtCHaracter): surrender, catch your breath, introduce yourself, point out that the you are not with the duke (at least not currently), assure them you mean them no harm and that the world as whole has more pressing problems right now. Ask if they are possibly a relative of Nyk. Also, ask who is "we"?

Nyk: stop 'helping', ask how you get to Merilla, and offer to ask her for more time to get the form, for the little guy so he won't get his wings torn off.

bALT: follow and listen, exploit loophole

rest: continue what you are doing, namely: protect refugees the best we can (e.g. dig in at the barracks or some other suitable building?), destroy bridge, try not to die. If squarks are wounded more, have them retreat

(also, awesome update pictures, as usual, especially the one with bALT :lol: )

Where's Shuuk atm, btw?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:03 am

Shuuk is still with nyk, he was just rummaging through the filing cabinet though so I didn't draw a picture. Given how much is currently going on, I think I'm going to cut back on the artwork a fair bit anyway for non-essential / overly-complex stuff or else this will never get anywhere :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:52 am

Well, have Shuuk 'help' look for the form, too. (he can read, right?) And if he finds it, pocket it inconspicuously. :halo:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:26 pm

Agree with Gathers. If Nyk can get directions to Merilla and a pass to see her, that would be perfect.

I'd love to be able to help the others more, but I don't see any more clever tactics. Looks like an epic down to the wire showdown in 2 - 3 turns.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler