The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: The Island: Turn 230

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:40 am

Silver grabs the poece of gooboard and once the goo hardens on it she stabs at the mushroom to let all it's juices out with it.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14216
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Island: Turn 230

Postby thinkslogically » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:12 am

what's the gooboard?
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island: Turn 230

Postby Patdragon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:33 am

OOC :I guess he means the dried glue board in their inventory ?

"Silver stop stabbing the mushrooms, the glue takes ages to harden! it's just making everything more gluey. Use your board to cover or plug the squirty bits and we can move past. Then together we can grab that mine cart over there, and cover one of these mushrooms for good."

If Silver attempts to cover or shield the spurting area button will move past him to the mine cart and clear the rocks away to next time they might be able to move the mine cart. and as he appear to be going up the ladder and ignoring the idea about the mine cart Buttons decides to go down the first ladder.

If silver doesn't block it he will try using his shield for cover as he moves past the mushroom. If he has time he will also see what type of rocks he is clearing out of the mine cart.
Last edited by Patdragon on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently away from forums from Nov 2017
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: The Island: Turn 230

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Silver nods and plugs the shroom with the glue board and gives a mischevious grin as she wipes her hands on Buttons. She then takes a look at the ladder and starts climbing up.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14216
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Island: Turn 230

Postby GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:49 am

OOC: How about someone tries to open that chest that Kin has been dragging to the camp all morning? I guess I could have Kin try and smash the lock, but I was hoping to preserve the chest. Maybe we could lock it later, after filling it with rocks or something and trap the lock with that fireball spell?
@GM: I don't suppose Treasure knows any magical way to unlock the lock yet, right?


Kin drops the anti-mushroom board and makes more darts, with the birds being airbonre enemies, they will need ranged weapons more than ever.


I vote Treasures uses an unlock spell on the chest, if she has one, and if not, grabs the board and goes into the cave (maybe the mushrooms will stop goo-ing after being hit with a fireball?) to find the others, avoiding any known dangers.
Don't call me GI. I'm not a government issue.



Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: The Island: Turn 230

Postby Patdragon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:50 am

OOC: Fairly certain treasure can't open the chest with magic, might be able to make it look open, but that's what comes of illusion magic ;).
I'd save the fireball idea for just before night fall if any are left. They may be extremely useful against fly birds as if they attack it will take a few turn for me/and or silver to come to any aid as we can not teleport out of the mine to help.

I think treasure should be the one hiding in the owl bear covered mine cart ready to surprise any birds that might drop in.
Currently away from forums from Nov 2017
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: The Island: Turn 230

Postby GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:21 pm

well, a) Treasures can do more than JUST illusion magic - see the fireball.
and b) if you're so sure that Treasures can't open the chest, how about you get Button's butt over here and have her (or was it him?) do their lock-picking magic? The chest could contain something crucial that helps us in the upcoming fight...

Also, I hope that the cart will provide cover for most if not all of us, especially if the birds throw rocks down on us or something like that.
Don't call me GI. I'm not a government issue.



Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: The Island: Turn 230

Postby Rodgeir » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Spoiler: show
I agree that we should save the fireball, I also think getting the chest open is possibly important. My vote remains the same that Treasure help Kin with the darts. I don't see illusion magic being helpful in opening it and the fireball might damage it. It'd be best if Buttons gave it a go...
User avatar
Rodgeir
Converses Frequently
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 am

Re: The Island: Turn 231

Postby thinkslogically » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Turn 231

Image

Shackled grabs the lightweight bag and sprints back to camp with it, where Treasures is hiding in the cart*

Image

"Silver stop stabbing the mushrooms, the glue takes ages to harden! it's just making everything more gluey. Use your board to cover or plug the squirty bits and we can move past. Then together we can grab that mine cart over there, and cover one of these mushrooms for good."

Inside the mine, the mushrooms appear to have finally been emptied. Silver jams the gluey board over the top of the leftmost one and she and Buttons climb over the top of the sticky mess. They both get a couple of fingers stuck together and their clothes get kind of stuck together, but it doesn't seem to be particularly troublesome. Deciding that splitting up in strange, dark places is definitely the best idea, they then go their separate ways.

Image

Silver heads up the ladder, where she finds an open hatchway.

Image

...and Buttons heads down. The vines twitch as he approaches and begin to creep towards him...

Image

Kin sits down and starts making darts out of the glue-board. The bits of mushroom glue make the whole process annoyingly sticky, but she manages to make 4 crude darts.

Image

Image

"Sorry! Sorry! I have to say that I'm as surprised as you by how fast this tree is moving! RUN! RUN!"
"I was only 2 days away from retiremeeeennnnnn- <urk>"

Write grabs Grig and a handful of the sap and bolts out of the tunnel, leaving a sticky trail behind her as she scrambles madly up the roots. Behind her, the tunnel is filled with the sounds of screaming minions, splintering wood and creaking tree roots until the whole thing finally collapses underneath her.

Shaken and panting for breath, she tries to send happy thoughts to the tree, but it doesn't seem to be particularly interested.

After a few moments, she realises she is being watched.

BLOOD-DRINKER AND TREE-SPEAKER, HMMM? WHAT AN UNUSUAL GUEST.

Grig whimpers and hides behind Write, who is suddenly very aware of the fistful of sap that's oozing between her fingers...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Since there were three votes for slightly different activities, I just rolled to see which one Treasures would do. Saying that, unless I hear from narshe by the end of next week I think I'll open Treasure's spot up to a new player. Keep voting in the meantime though :)
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island: Turn 231

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Silver looks into the bags and grabs the hammock.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14216
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Island: Turn 231

Postby Rodgeir » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Write will take a quick look around trying to determine which way to go before turning to face the tree. She'll take a quick look at the tree and the tree person.

"Hello there... I'm guessing that it was you who I was talking with before? Or atleast through your tree to you? I'm not terribly sure how dryads, you're a dryad I'm guessing (questioning tone here), see themselves in relation to their trees... Anycase... my name is Write and this is Grig."

"First, please let me apologize for... Well I guess for being a blood drinker. Though I didn't make the cut, or in fact have any desire to cause pain, I did taste your blood out of hunger." She will hold up her sap covered hand, "What would you like me to do with this blood?"

"And secondly...um, it appears you have termites?"

Spoiler: show
"I was only 2 days away from retiremeeeennnnnn- <urk>" --- Classic!
User avatar
Rodgeir
Converses Frequently
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 am

Re: The Island: Turn 231

Postby Theis2 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Shackled will open the bag and hope it's more than just a sand bag to weigh down the airship. He'll look at the chest for traps as well.
Games I'm in
The island as Shackled by many
The goblin adventure league as Steals the tequilla (Free for all to join and wait for a quest/game)
PTU trinity isle as Drake the researcher of pokemon and the occult
Lair of the mountain king as Wakes in mountains

I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread
User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
 
Posts: 6117
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: The Island: Turn 231

Postby Patdragon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:51 am

Buttons sees the vines twitching and decides to risk exploring one more section by going down the ladder once again.
Currently away from forums from Nov 2017
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: The Island: Turn 231 (Spot open)

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:04 pm

All righty - gathers is off on holiday to the end of the month so please vote for Kin while she's away. I suspect that narshe may not be on the forums any more, so Treasures' spot is open. Please feel free to continue voting for his actions for now though - there's not exactly been a rush of interest!

I'll get you guys an update tomorrow.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island: Turn 231 (Spot open)

Postby GathersIngredients » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:54 am

Kin continues to make ammunition.
Don't call me GI. I'm not a government issue.



Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: The Island: Turn 231 (Spot open)

Postby Rodgeir » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:58 am

Vote: Treasures helps Kin.
User avatar
Rodgeir
Converses Frequently
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 am

Re: The Island: Turn 231 (Spot open)

Postby LAYF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:55 pm

thinkslogically wrote:if anyone's interested, just post your interest in the game thread over in the main games section :)


Spoiler: show
Interested! :)
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: The Island: Turn 231 (Spot open)

Postby thinkslogically » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Done. Treasures is all yours! Let me know if you want to change anything about his backstory / colour etc. You'll inherit all his stuff and abilities no matter what though, the other stuff is just cosmetic / rp oriented. Let me know if you need catching up on anything story-wise :)
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island: Turn 231 (Spot open)

Postby LAYF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Bg and all seems fine by me, I'll need to catch up on most resent events...

So for now Treasures keeps hiding, having a weird feeling, like something else is taking hold of her life... She can't really say what, but Something about her has changed....
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: The Island: Turn 232

Postby thinkslogically » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Turn 232

Image

Silver climbs up into the room and starts looting the crap out of it, because that couldn't possibly be a dangerous thing to do. She opens the first bag and finds... mouldy food. Ew. Inside the second one is a blanket and a small leatherbound diary. She can't reach the hammock unfortunately.

Image

Shackled checks the bag and finds a Leather Kilt, that looks like what the teifling guys were wearing. He thoroughly checks over the chest, but doesn't find anything that looks A squawk from the south sounds like the birds are heading this way.

Treasures keeps hiding and begins to feel a change coming over him... Player: LAYF has joined the game!

Image

Buttons decides to be just as cautious as Silver and climbs further down. ...huh. Well, this is weird...

One of the purple things near him snaps its jaws menacingly and spits a glob of thick yellow mucus at him! It doesn't get through his armour, but the disturbance wakes the other two and the mucus dims his light...

Image

Kin continues making ammo, but the gluey board and / or her concern at the incoming birds means she only manages to make 2 more darts.

Image

Image

"Hello there... I'm guessing that it was you who I was talking with before? Or atleast through your tree to you? I'm not terribly sure how dryads, you're a dryad I'm guessing (questioning tone here), see themselves in relation to their trees... Anycase... my name is Write and this is Grig."

"First, please let me apologize for... Well I guess for being a blood drinker. Though I didn't make the cut, or in fact have any desire to cause pain, I did taste your blood out of hunger. What would you like me to do with this blood?"

"And secondly...um, it appears you have termites?"


"YOU CANNOT HELP WHAT YOU ARE AND CANNOT UNDO WHAT HAS BEEN DONE. YOU HAVE REVIVED ME WITH YOUR MAGIC AND FOR THAT I WILL NOT HARM YOU... HOWEVER DISTASTEFUL YOU CURRENTLY ARE... AND YES, I AM AWARE OF THE TERMITES. THEY WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM FOR LONG."
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island: Turn 232

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Silver starts reading the diary
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
 
Posts: 14216
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Island: Turn 232

Postby Patdragon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:09 pm

"Well this looks like an important area, I bet this is where write will need to head when they come back."

After being spat Button's briefly considers his options, swipe at these plants risking mucus and possibly falling to an area where he won't be able to ascend with assistance, deliberately just dropping down with the same problems and investigate the alter or the much safer retreating up.

Back up it is, Before this area is explored he needs two things, A friend and a way back up.

Button moves back up the ladder twice fending off any plants or vines on route.

OOC: Is that a red ladder in Silver area? Is it movable?
Currently away from forums from Nov 2017
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: The Island: Turn 232

Postby thinkslogically » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Ooc:yes, that's the ladder to get up and down from the bag area.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island: Turn 232

Postby LAYF » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:13 pm

Treasures finely gets on his feet.
Then decides he wants to do something to keep the mine safe...
But what... He's not strong enough himself... He really wanted to be stronger... Like an orc... A monsterious orc big boss!!! But he's not....
But...?
But he could seem to be!
Yes, that's it... He just need to look and sound the part to scare away intruders!!!

Focusing, he tries his new plan... Striking a warrior pose he concentrates on his illusion spell... It's not good enough as it is... He needs size.
. Size and sound...
He imagines himself as a huuuge orc war boss, full of scars, piercings and all other proves of toughness... Then he casts the spell and roars all he can, hoping to amplify the sound with the illusion!!! Hoping the result can strike [fear] into the enemys hearth....

(using a minor illusion as practice... Don't want this to go wrong when really needed...)
-Best regards LAYF
User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: The Island: Turn 232

Postby Rodgeir » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Write will stammer a thank you...She guesses?

"I'm glad you are able to heal yourself! May I ask you something else? You know though images I sent with the twisted, corrupted trees and dryads? Those were real and I wonder if you know a way I could help cleanse the evil from them?"

Write will wait hopefully on the dryad's response before helpfully adding,

"Can I help you somehow more with your wake up process? Do have a name?"

She will also begin looking for the path onward.
User avatar
Rodgeir
Converses Frequently
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dlover, WearsHats and 8 guests