The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 232

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:43 pm

waiting on a few actions still. Do you guys want to vote for kin.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Island: Turn 231 (Spot open)

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:14 am

See below instead.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:32 am

Actually, I'd like Kin to try and get some mushroom glue onto the leaf bowl in order to make it waterproof. Get the goo where it's leaky and let it "flow" around, creating a thin film of glue, then let it harden. Use the fresh mushroom from above to get the goo and duck back into the exit to spread it.
If it goes pear shaped, rather discard the leaf (I can get a new one easily) than getting Kin's hands (or other items) sticky.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:59 am

Shackled considers putting on the kilt, but since the tieflings were wearing them, it will likely help insure that they obey so he refrains from putting it on. He'll the big axe and try to hack off the lock or hinges of the chest to open it.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 233

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:09 pm

Turn 233

Silver sits down and starts reading the diary. It starts out mostly filled with rather dull complaints about "frontier life" and tedious details about the running of the mine. After a few weeks of entries, there is a break for a few days and then it gets a bit more interesting.
► Show Spoiler
As she reads, she catches a movement from the window out of the corner of her eye, but when she turns to look there's nothing there...

Buttons arrives shortly afterwards. ((Yes, that red thing is a short ladder)).

Treasures comes out of hiding in the cart and strikes a warrior pose! He then musters all his illusion powers to create the image of a giant orc standing guard at the entrance. With a bit of concentration, he is able to make it move when he moves, like a puppet (but not on its own yet).

Shackled quickly realises that the greataxe is far too big for him to lift and wield by himself, so he drags the chest over to the axe and lifts the axe above it and lets it drop. It takes a couple of tries, but he manages to break the lid without losing any toes! A sudden squawk from above reminds him that the birds were coming...

Looking up, both he and Treasures are horrified to see the strange formation of crows hovering above them in the same shape of a circle with the largest bird in the centre. The central bird is huge and unnatural with ragged wings and burning red eyes. The goblins both have the sudden, desperate desire to flee...

Kin cautiously holds out her leaf-bowl and catches the edge of a glue-spurt from the mushroom above. She doesn't get more than needed for a very thin coating, but she also doesn't glue it to her hand so that's probably a win. She lets the goop swirl around the leaves a bit until most of the inside is coated in the sticky glue and she smiles at a job well done. A squawk from immediately outside startles her back to concern...

"I'm glad you are able to heal yourself! May I ask you something else? You know though images I sent with the twisted, corrupted trees and dryads? Those were real and I wonder if you know a way I could help cleanse the evil from them?"
THAT IS NO EVIL, IT IS A NECESSITY! THE PROTECTOR NOT WILL REST UNTIL ITS TASK IS COMPLETE. ONLY THE MASTER OF THE FOREST COULD CHANGE THIS COURSE NOW, BUT IT IS DYING IN THE DEEP EARTH. NOW GO. I HUNGER.

The tree-spirit places a rough hand over its tree trunk and steps into the wood as if it was water. Write wonders what she's supposed to do now. Casting around, she sees nothing but vast expanses of dust and dirt, and far, far away, a tiny point of light floating just above the horizon.

-----------------------------------------

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:14 am

Write will blink and mutter thanks to the tree spirit before sighing and getting the hell out of there before the 'I HUNGER' becomes a problem for her. Her targeting being the floating light.

During the walk she'll talk with her diminutive companion to learn more about him.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:39 am

((Nope, just REALLY slow. Sorry. The graphic updates take ages to pull together and it's just been a case of not having the time lately. We'll keep going, but I'm not going to promise regularity :S))

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:44 am

"You done here Silver? Come help me move this ladder downwards I could use some assistance in case the plants get me. Plus we may need to consider rushing back outside to the others,somethings coming..."
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Silver complies, climbs up and grabs her ladder to meet up woth patdragon (i forgot what char sorry)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:18 pm

Depending on what Shackled and Treasure and the birds do Kin will either go outside and help her fellow goblins fight the birds (if they stay and fight) or pass the mushrooms carefully (using a board, if available) and hide under the treasure chest (the one with the sticky goop on top of it), waiting to see if the birds come inside.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:24 am

► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 pm

"Darn it... Why can't every one not just be here!" Treasures say, mostly to himself.
Seeing the big birds, and even more the big bad evil bird, he dodges just inside the cave, yelling to Kin "You got any suggestions Kin?"... Kin?!.., he says as he sees her continue deeper in he will follow her.
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Waiting on one more I think.... Theis?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:08 am

Oh right, Shackled will reluctantly flee into the cave, saying his goodbyes to the sun and run away with the others, hoping writes will be okay.

I bet this turns out to be some weak creature with the only thing going on for them is a fear aura.... :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread