The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Island: Turn 108

Post by Theis2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:06 am

"Shhhh, you are disturbing the monkeys." Shackled point upwards at the monkeys
"Now, if you'll excuse me, I feel tired and need to absorb the energy from the sun to regain my power, and your shadows are hindering me from doing so! You can come and meditate with me, and bring a tribute, and I might share the secrets of how to gain the power of regeneration by using the sun."
He attempts to make any plant part of him expand, as if to absorb more sunlight as he moves east. He will be ready to defend himself against violent adventures back there.

OOC: I'm not sure if they would just follow me back there if I just ran there right away. They might see it as I tried to lure them into a trap and run another way to avoid said trap.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:50 am

Write will stab the tall robed figure should the enter the area IF she is not the only one attacking.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:22 am

Treasure moves to the adventurers, and attack the one with the staff with his Warhammer.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:06 am

I'm out for dinner tonight randomly, so will probably shift the updates to Thurs - Sat if that suits everyone ok? Back to normal next week.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am

I'm fine with that. Have a nice dinner. =)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 109

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Turn 109

"Shhhh, you are disturbing the monkeys. Now, if you'll excuse me, I feel tired and need to absorb the energy from the sun -
"WITCH!"
"KILL IT!"
"BURN - Hey, where'd it go?"
"Dammit! You stay at the back Limlas, we'll cover you!"

Shackled runs away and rejoins the rest of the goblins.

To the east, they hear a 'whoosh' sound followed by a glow of orange light and then the Adventurer's arrive!

Shackled stands ready to defend against the coming attack! Out of the corner of his eye, he spots a flash of movement behind Krig...

"AAAAH! OW! What the hell was that?!"
"You're bleeding!"

The goblins are ready for them though and immediately attempt a devastating combined attack on the one in robes, but the human and dwarf each manage to block Kin, Write and the lizardmen. Treasure gets through to him though, as does Silver! A yellow glowing shield absorbs some of their attack, but it looks like they are able to do some decent damage to him! Silver is visible again, but has gained a level in sneaking! Following a successful sneak attack, there's now a chance that she'll remain hidden!

"AAAAH! Getitoffgetitoff!"

The robed one squeals and releases a burst of flames from his staff, engulfing Silver and Treasure in fire and doing 2 DAM to each of them! Treasure is also burned from the attack and will take ongoing damage until the effect ends.

"LIMLAS! I thought you were going to save that for when we REALLY needed it?!"
"I NEED IT NOW! GET THEM OFF ME!!"

Kin and Krig are intercepted by the dwarf, but together manage to do a little bit of damage to him. He fights back, attacking Kin, but isn't powerful enough on his own to get through her DEF!

"What the hell?!"

Write and Gruz face off against the human and also manage to do a little damage. The human laughs and strikes back at Gruz, doing a little bit of damage to him.

"There are too many for this! We have to focus our attacks! Help me focus on these two and buy Limlas some space!"
"Right!"

The effects of the War Cry wear off.

"Eureka!"

In the calm of the dream-world, Digs rings more bells.

The 'F' adds its knell to the first, but sounds ... wrong somehow. She adds the 'G' and 'E' and their parts of the crystal wall light up briefly. Then everything fades and the sound is gone.

"CFGE? What kind of word is that?"
"What? It's not a word, it's the answer to the riddle! Look! It's totally right!"
"I guess you don't do many riddles eh? The answer is ALWAYS a word."
"Well why doesn't it say so then? Stupid wall with its stupid not explaining anything..."
"I don't know, I didn't write it. You'll need to ask the builder."

--------------------------------------------------

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:49 pm

Silver sticks her darts into the Mage's ass and kidneys, trying to get more damage. If possible try to sneak again.

"Kill the mage first!"

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Digs will ring the the bells in the order C. A. G. E.

"I knew it all along. I was testing YOU, Mr. Black Thing. You passed this time but you'd better be taking notes 'cause you never know when I might test you again. Yeah."
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:20 am

Image"Keep them from teaming up! Krig, watch out for the rogue! He's right behind you." Kin barks a warning and keeps on fighting. She tires to stop the dwarf from hitting anyone else than her.

@ team, general thoughts: If Kin needs to use her skill to rez anyone, it will most likely be 0 HP for her due to the sheer number of allies in this screen. It would be super, if Shackled could use the token or something to heal her back into life, afterwards. Just saying, that if there's no dire need, better not use the token just yet. Also we still got ol' Mags favor, too, so, I hope with the help of the lizard men we'll be okay. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Also, Treasure might want to hop into the stream for a bit to extinguish himself.

Pictures, reposted, for everyone's convenience:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:04 am

Write attempts to get around the warrior to stab the Mage. Failing that she tries to get the rogue. If none if that is possible she will just hit the warrior human again.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:18 am

Since we're still waiting on 2 actions and you're in the middle of a fight I'm postponing the update till Monday. See you then!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:23 am

My action have vanished seemingly O,o

Shackled carefully crosses the water without touching it and applies a mace to the face of the rogue
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Since bob didn't write anything in here yet:

VOTE (if allowed): Treasure jumps into the stream and extinguishes himself (stop drop and roll). If he still can afterwards, he'll keep on fighting. (attack mage/cleric = tall guy in blue, if he still alive, else keep the rogue busy.)
► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:00 am

Treasure runs into the water to extinguish himself.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 110

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Turn 110

"Kill the mage first!"
"Keep them from teaming up! Krig, watch out for the rogue! He's right behind you."

Treasure throws himself in the pool and immediately feels better. He is no longer burned!

Silver is spotted trying to make a sneak attempt (which fails), so she concentrates on attacking the mage again!

Kin attacks the dwarf and does her best to get in between him and her companions, but he doesn't have any interest in targeting her and instead targets Write, stopping her from getting through to the mage. He doesn't do any damage to her either though thanks to her new armour! She smacks him back!

"Ow ow ow OW! No seriously, what the hell is it with these goblins?! HEALING SURGE!"

The dwarf's amulet glows golden around his neck and the goblins watch the worst of his wounds knit closed in front of their eyes.

Shackled and Krig charge the rogue and manage to hit it before it vanishes again.

"Hey! where'd it go...?"
"Damn sneaky thieves!"

The fighter strikes Silver with a devastating blow, knocking her out cold. She is now at 0HP and must be healed next turn or she will die!

"HAHAHAHA! How d'you like THAT, goblin? Come on Limlas, back up up a bit and start swatting them down!"

"Oh, my pleasure!"

Limlas blasts Treasure with a bolt from his wand, doing 1DAM and knocking him down to 1/5HP!

Left to his own devices, Gruz bellows and attacks the fighter again, but it doesn't look like he's very effective.

"I knew it all along. I was testing YOU, Mr. Black Thing. You passed this time but you'd better be taking notes 'cause you never know when I might test you again. Yeah."
Right...

Dies rings the bells again and watches as the crystal wall glows a dazzling gold and then vanishes....

Beyond the space where the wall was, she finds herself looking into a long hall. Far above her head, she can see the moon just creeping over the edge of the clifftops. Thunder echoes down to her, but it seems very far away. At the far end is a glass throne, glowing a bright blue, upon which sits a giant statue made of crystal and stone. It appears to be vaguely humanoid, but it hurts her neck to look up at it for too long.

"The builder sleeps. He's been sleeping for such a long time, it's unlikely he can even remember how to wake up! But that's what you'll have to do if you want to hear what he's got to say! Fix him up, and wake him up! Nothing could be simpler! See that bowl there? It will make you anything you need! Anything at all! But don't be greedy ... Then you just wake him up! Except... YOU can't. You need his sprites for that! Oh yes! They used to love it down here, cracking and sparking around, keeping us all on our toes! Hah! Literally for SOME!" The creature gestures knowingly at the builder. They'll come when they're called quick enough, but you'll need to build them a path to follow. .

------------------------------------------------------

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Should I use the healing token on Silver, or do you have other solutions you want to use?

Shackled puts the healing token in Silvers hands and hold them while activating it. He then proceeds to attack the mage with the mace in the face. If that is not possible he will attempt to spot the rogue and alert the others to his presence.
Last edited by Theis2 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Yes, please use the token, Theis. We still have ol' Mags favor to save Kin, if she needs to mass resurrect or something. But I think using the token is a major action, you can't fight afterwards. But you COULD try to spot the rogue again.

Suggested Plan:
Treasure, Krig and Write should try to finish off the mage Limlas, please. Kin will keep the dwarf busy, Gruz the fighter. (I take it Gruz hasn't taken damage yet at all?)
Shackled should please revive Silver.
Also, Silver - if she can do anything this turn - might want to try steal the dwarf's amulet, in case it can be used multiple times.

Keep your fingers crossed that the rogue doesn't insta-kill one of us. :paranoia:

Actions:
ImageKin will keep the dwarf busy. If he doesn't fight her, but blocks Write again, Kin will in Write's stead attack the mage Limlas.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:32 am

Treasure attacks Limlas with his warhammer.
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:23 am

Write will once again attempt to get to the mage and stab the Mags out of him. Failing that she will try to stab the dwarf. Failing that she will stab the nearest enemy.

OOC: Let me know when we need to ask Mags. I'm thinking if things don't improve next turn we'll need some divine intervention.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:31 am

Digs will investigate the bowl and those two grey-ish areas on the ground.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island: Turn 111

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:20 pm

Turn 111

Shackled shoves the healing token into Silver's hand and activates it. It glows gently and she recovers 2HP. Shackled puts it back in his inventory and scans around for any sign of the rogue but he doesn't see anything.

"Limlas! Target these two! I can't hurt them on my own and Belegorn is busy!"
"Okie dokie!"

Kin grabs the dwarf to try and let Write through! It works, and he doesn't manage to shake her off or do any damage. Limlas does though, and zaps Kin with his staff doing 1 DAM!

Write, Treasure and Krig all rush the mage and do a devastating amount of damage! He falls to the ground, thoroughly dead.

Gruz roars and attacks the fighter again, but still can't get through his defences! The fighter laughs and strikes him back, hard.

Suddenly Gruz bellows in pain as the unseen assailant slashes at his back and falls to the sand, dead.

"GRUUUUZ!!!"

In her dream, Dies investigates the items on the floor. One is a large metal cog, the other is a piece of bent plate metal. Both look like junk.

The golden bowl on the other hand shimmers gently as she touches the edge of it. Looking inside, it appears to be quite empty, but also seems strangely full... As if it's filled to the brim with things that don't quite exist yet, but would really, really like to.

"That was one of the Builders favourite tools that was! You should have seen the things he conjured up out of there! And what marvels he built with them! Hah! Those were good days to be alive my friend!"

------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
Strategy: As much as I have no intention of interfering with any of the things you decide to do, because the game is pretty slow (in RL) I feel it would be bad of me if I didn't draw your attention to something in your strategy that you appear to have overlooked in terms of the rules / mechanics. You might just want to double check your assumptions.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Great job on killing the mage!

On the GM's hint: I'm not sure if that is what TL meant, but maybe we can ALL look for that bloody rogue.
I mean fighting is a major action, and it WILL end our respective turns, but each turn we get
Actions
You may perform various actions each turn:

Minor action: e.g. picking up or swapping an item, equipping kit, eating etc.
Major action: e.g. attacking, crafting, digging, reading, searching, sneaking etc.
Move: Entering a new area.

You may make one action of each type per turn (though you may swap major and move actions to e.g. double-move or do two things in one turn if you prefer).

Exceptions: Your turn will end immediately if you make an attack or enter a new area.
a minor AND a major action.
Meaning, if looking for that sneaky b*stard is a minor action, we can ALL do that before the fighting. Hopefully spotting him before this :stab: happens to all of us...

Also, we seriously need to get the rogue down. Suggested plan:
Please Write pass the leather shirt to Treasure (he has only one HP left) and let him (Treasure) fight the dwarf. (We know he can't get through def 2 on his own. Everyone else try to spot the rogue and KILL him.
Write can kill him, too. ( Just the minor - spotting - will already be used up for her from passing the shirt.) Unless you want to try and ask ol' Mags if he's willing to safe Gruz (a living ally is worth a LOT!) at the risk that Kin needs to do the 'greater good' later and possibly die from it without you having means to stop them. I think it's a gamble, but one I'd be willing to take. It's your decision, though, Rodgeir.
(I'm not 100% sure it's even possible, though. I mean usually ol' Mags can and does interfere when people are at 0 HP and DYING, not DEAD, like it was written for Gruz in this update. :( )

@ Coplayers: If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. I hope you don't take my suggested strategies so far as me bossing you around. That's not my intention at all. I am - just like Kin is - trying to keep every one (goblins at the very least least) alive.

@ GM: if anyone has another idea, and the group wants to do that, please, TL make Kin act according to that other plan. I'm going away for the weekend and I'm not sure I'll be able to post again in time before the next update. (I'll probably have Internet access, but much more limited than usually.) But I want Kin to COOPERATE with the others, even if I can't post. Thank you kindly. :thumbsup:

Actions: (if no other plans are made)
ImageKin will keep an eye out for the rogue. If she can spot him point him out to the others.
Kin will also turn to fight the human? fighter Belegorn. Preferably keep him busy and from teaming up with the dwarf (and/or the rogue).

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:58 am

Silver looks out for the rouge as she tries to steath behind that sand pile (sorry guys, need to play it safe and sneak attack next turn hopefully getting a kill.)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Write will transfer the leather shirt to Treasure (and put her old shirt on) and then attempt to the stab the dwarf in his unshielded bits.

OOC: I imagine that Mags can rez Gruz, for a fairly steep price, but (s)he would come back with no hit points and just be dropped again. I am on board with trying after the fight is over if we don't lose PC, and if I'm the PC that goes it doesn't really matter either way!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:55 pm

► Show Spoiler