Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 328

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:36 pm

Ooohhh... the handle...? Are you sure?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:39 pm

I mean, it might be unnecessarily rude to Mr. Rock, but desperate times call for desperate measures I'm afraid.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:42 pm

Wakes finding this new place pretty boring as he expected action and loot! He decides to grab a cloak from the chest in case he should venture outside at some point and return to the teleporting room and charge the teleporter once more.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:58 pm

Theis2 wrote:Wakes finding this new place pretty boring as he expected action and loot! He decides to grab a cloak from the chest in case he should venture outside at some point and return to the teleporting room and charge the teleporter once more.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:54 pm

Tugs turns to assist in making sure the last zombie actually dies this time.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Belief grabs the remaining cloak and takes it with him, following Splits and offering the cloak to either Splits or Finds.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 329

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Turn 329

Another loud "BOOOOM" echoes through the mountain halls.

The goblin-zombie battle however is finally over and the last remaining zombie is at last smooshed into pieces. There's still a creepy hand crawling around, but it's not exactly fast and it doesn't manage to reach anyone else this turn. Hooray!

"Ooooooooooooh!"

Finds steps forward, reaching out towards the floaty helmet thing. His hands pass straight through it and the image judders and disappears... Aww....

Splits also heads outside and peers over the edge. The drop below him is dizzying and he clutches tight to the edge of the platform to steady himself. When the sudden wave of vertigo passes, he is able to make out a number of creatures far below... They appear to be crowding around the edge of the mountainside. As he watches, he hears another distant "Boooom" and the rock trembles under his knees.

Belief heads outside, offering the cloak to one of the others, but no-one takes him up on it.

Wakes decides that whatever is up here is boring and not worth his time. He grabs a warm cloak from the chest and then touches the sigil on the wall. He feels 1MP drain into the seal and then he is back on the teleporter pad.

--------------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/quote]

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Finds jumps around and rubs himself to help stay warm, then examines all the symbols on the pedestals more closely.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Tugs tries to stab the crawling hand.
Last edited by Dlover on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:24 am

Belief looks at Finds curiously. "You don't want the cloak?"

He takes out his Iron knife blade and book, and scratches the symbols in order into the inside of the back cover of the book for later reference.
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:46 am

Finds gladly accepty the cloak and puts it on, additionally to what else he did.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:25 pm

[color=#BF0000]"Actually, maybe leave the hand alone? It's a perfect test subject if we wanna discover a bit more about what fuels these abominations- And consecutively, how to better combat them."

"Now, an optimistic theory is that these creatures are imbued with life energy while being undead, which if that were the case we could simply channel that energy to heal ourselves. Neutral grounds is some kind of moving magic... And what I fear to be the more likely option, something a bit more sinister."
[/color]

Assuming Tugs obliges, or Burned can safely do it before he strikes it down, Burned decides to use his magic to try and "scan" at what kind of magic fuels the undead, with his current theories as a guide point.

Assuming that's not a possibility, he moves down to the spirit below, taking out his clan amulet- [color=#BF0000]"Hey, chief here. What's beyond this door? Also why are the lower tombs so dangerous?"[/color]

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:00 pm

"Yeah, sure. Give it a shot." Rather than attacking, Tugs uses the blunt end of his harpoon to pin down the hand.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Splits lies on his stomach to remain stationary and peeks over the edge. Gazing down on the figures far below, he expends magical energy to try to enhance his ability to make out details and determine just who they are.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:56 am

As the other two play with the hand, Eaten inspects the zombie corpses see if they had anything useful on them.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:20 am

Wakes meditates for a moment before heading off to the left avoiding the super obvious traps
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 330

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:02 pm

Turn 330

<BOOOOOOOOOM!!!>

Finds hops around to warm up until Belief hands over the cloak. Finds pulls the tatty fur cloak around his shoulders and feels MUCH warmer almost immediately. Then, he examines the symbols on the pedestals more closely. From left to right, they are:

A flame, much like a burning torch or campfire; a swirly symbol that looks awfully similar to the symbols seen in the underwater areas; a gap where the helmet was; a crown; a crescent moon.

Splits lies on his stomach and peers over the edge, spending 1MP to try and enhance his vision so he can see more clearly. The good news is that his vision suddenly zooms in towards the ground, giving him time enough to see what appears to be a growing army camp and a battering ram. The bad news is that the sudden zooming sensation gives Splits horrific vertigo and he lurches back into his own body and away from the spell before he can see much more.

Actually, maybe leave the hand alone? It's a perfect test subject if we wanna discover a bit more about what fuels these abominations- And consecutively, how to better combat them."

"Now, an optimistic theory is that these creatures are imbued with life energy while being undead, which if that were the case we could simply channel that energy to heal ourselves. Neutral grounds is some kind of moving magic... And what I fear to be the more likely option, something a bit more sinister."

Tugs pins the hand down and ends up in a weird tug-of-war with a surprisingly strong reanimated body part... Meanwhile, Burned spends 1MP to scan the zombie hand, trying to figure out what's making it tick. What he finds is slightly strange... The creature is certainly dead, but contains the same life energy [HP] as any normal living creature. The weird thing is how the life energy seems to be attached to the dead body... His magic runs out.

Eaten leaves the others to it and checks out the zombie corpses, but all that's left are some tattered scraps of cloth in a rapidly-expanding pool of corpse fluids...

Wakes meditates to recover 1MP then heads off to the left.

--------------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:15 pm

"Hey! There's an army gathering at the gate and they look to be pushing their way in at any moment! I don't think there's much more we can do here, I think we might need to find some more items and return."

Splits heads back to the teleporter and charges it up, waiting for anyone that is joining him. If no one does, he'll go alone.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Wakes continues left twice.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:42 pm

"Can we just kill the thing now? I don't want to wrestle with it until you recover enough magic to examine it more and have it steal my harpoon."

Guessing we'll need different artifact things for those pedestals, like the orb from the fish guardian. Did we get anything from the dragon?
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:35 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:35 am

Alarmed by Splits, Finds lays down on his belly on the edge of this area to look down. He tries to make the ground under the people using the battering ram slippery/icy, by taking & channelling those properties either from nearby ice/snow or by channelling the surrounding cold into the floor below those people until it freezes.

If he doesn't have enough reach to even try that, he'll go back inside, get out of the cloak and put it into the chest again for other goblins to use later.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:11 am

"Yea, feel free to strike it down. We got the important stuff- Seems that the magic that's running it is in fact life magic, so we could always try to channel that. Only weird part is what makes it "stick"... This gives me plenty of ideas already."

"Anyways... Hey, ghostie!"
Burned says, moving down to the spirit downstairs- "Leader of the clan here. What's beyond this door, and why are the lower catacombs so dangerous?"

"Also, you don't happen to remember last time someone passed by here, right? Because I'm guessing they left something here we might need."

Assuming he still can after talking, Burned will also quickly meditate to recover some MP.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:23 am

Tugs attacks the hand.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:59 am

Burned is meditating when a thought begins to occur to him.

"...Yea. We already have two of the pedestal items. Pretty sure we do at least. I got the egg shell. Splits got the serpent's fang."

"...Hey, do you guys remember what that dragon told us? If we were need in aid... Sacrifice that shell at the altar."

"So do you guys think this massive assault goes for a situation we might need help in?"

"..."

"Splits! Put that fang you have on the sea altar!"