Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 377

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:23 am

"Wait, are we all drinking again? Now, I can't just allow that to happen!"

"I mean, what are the odds one of you guys gets some cool power first and I'm left out?"

I guess Burned will drink again as well, since doing it twice can't backfire in any way. I guess I'll use that 1/8 roll I did for funsies... :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:02 am

Oooor maybe you could have Burned drink for Burns, if you want an alternative roll? That was a... 6 and 14.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:34 am

Splits flips through his book and looks for a section on water magic (think I have more some reading, if not?). At least one goblin shouldn't poison themselves. If one of the others had a negative reaction to the drinking, he'd prioritize trying to help them.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 378

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Turn 378

Finds meditates and Eaten spaces out.

"Well, that wasn't too bad. He'll probably rant about being a 'golden god' or something now, but at least he didn't blow up. So, we gonna fight this ghost guy or what?"
"...Hmm."

"Is this it?"

"I just changed color? That's all?"

"Or is it like actual gold? I guess that would be pretty cool." he says, tapping his skin for confirmation to find out whether it's just color or something else. Like, if it was actual gold, then maybe one day we'll meet something that uses acid and I'll be like, you fool, you can't hurt me! I'm chemically inert! I suppose it would also help against fire and stuff when that destiny inevitably becomes true... Although I'm not sure how I'd feel about part of me being smelted into commemorative coins after my death. Still, I expected a bit more than just this... What about some awesome powers? Like breathing fire! Or wings! Maybe super strength!"

"Besides, I liked being red..."

"...Maybe I should just drink again... But yeah, we should try and kill the ghost. I mean it's a human ghost guarding something of value, so we'll probably want it, right? Just make sure you're fully stocked up on MP. We already confirmed they can probably not even be touched by normal weapons, so..."

"Hey Mr. Rock, you'll have no issues hurting a ghost when it comes to it, right?"

"Did we ever ask if the pool actually did something really good for the lucky delvers?.. Also if we are going to fight the ghost with magic, we should find some energy source and stack up on that so we are sure we have something to use against it rather than just try to drain the unlife from it."
"Energy source you say..?" Burned says, turning back to the pool...

"Actually, maybe we could just stock up on this water? Turn it into grenades to lob at our enemies? Like 25% chance it ends up benefitting us, 60 that it does nothing special, and only a measly 15 percent that we'll turn things much, much worse for us!

""Wait, are we all drinking again? Now, I can't just allow that to happen!"

"I mean, what are the odds one of you guys gets some cool power first and I'm left out?"

"I... Just... Wow. NEVER MIND! THEY'RE DRINKING AGAIN AND NOW THEY'RE ALL AT IT!"

Burned gives himself a good once over and confirms that he does indeed appear to have contracted a colour change or two.

Wakes points a glowing arrow into the tree-hole to help Belief's investigations. It looks like there's something brown and velvety inside... and at the veeeery far back there looks like a piece of ribbon.

Splits moves to the side of the pool and flicks through the book of elemental magic to the section on water and starts reading. It seems that water is one of the most versatile of the elements, and can be readily combined with other forms of elemental magics to do all kinds of interesting things. Hmmm. This could be interesting! He gets about 1/3rd of the way through the chapter.

Wakes and Burned all decide to drink from the pool and the delver disappears into the caves again. Tugs heads over to the pool to stop his compatriots from getting into stupid amounts of trouble but misses his footing on the pool edge and falls in. The others leave him to it and drink voluntarily.

Wakes drinks... and hears a sickening crunch from his inventory-space. The Thirsty Axe has broken!

Tugs drinks... and feels his mind expand! He has gained 1MP!

Burned drinks... and feels the weight of the world fall away. He is now floating.

"Holy... It's a miracle! GUYS!!! THEY DIDN'T EXPLODE OR GET TRANSMOGRIFIED OR DIE OR ANYTHING!!"
"What? NONE of them? Bullshit!"
"No it's true... look!"
"ONE OF THEM'S SWIMMING IN IT!!!"

------------------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Tugs, mildly disgruntled, climbs out of the pool before it can do anything else to him, then tries to channel some of the pool's chaos energy into a slot on his harpoon.
Last edited by Dlover on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:14 am

Did I get skipped again?! :(
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:48 am

Eaten is totally shocked that the others could have been so reckless! So shocked that he forgets to do anything. Especially the Chi- okay no, not the Chief. In fact he's the one that Eaten isn't surprised by. But the others! How were they supposed to complete their mission if half the clan had been incapacitated by drinking magic poison! What if they'd died?! Or been transformed?! Or, or....

Eaten double-times it towards the pool room to join in on the magic-reckless-drinky-fun-times stop anyone else from being an idiot. Yeeeees :paranoia:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:57 am

Synch wrote:Did I get skipped again?! :(
Nope, but apparently I wrote the outcome badly. You and wakes checked in the tree and saw what you saw. It did not respond to prodding or anything else you guys did.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Belief opts to finally reach in and grab the object, feeling slightly more sure that it won't kill him. If its out of reach, he will try and use some magic to slide the object into reach.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:48 am

"Hahaha! Suuuuck it! It's not wings, but I'll take it!"

"...Wait, I can still go down right? This is not some way to prevent me from taking another sip, right?"
Burned says, trying to float down and up, seeing just how much control he has over the ability.

"Don't worry though, little Delvers, I had quite enough. You know what they say- Third time is the charm! Although I've been relatively lucky the first two times, so another sip is probably what it'll take for me to explode or something."

"But it might not just be that, you know? You're so much smaller than us- That's a lot of magic over a little space compared to us, so my theory is that any effects the well will have on us is just slightly less dramatic..!"

"Also, cool, I changed color again... Wait, is that what triggered it? Me saying cool? Can I change colors like a cameleon?! Red! Purple! Pink! Rainbow! Tuttifruti! Invisible! Infrared! Hot!"
he says, experimenting for a bit.

"Anyways, if we're all about quite done... I'm heading off to the right- Once you guys are ready to beat up a ghost, join me, alright?"

"Hmm, I should also go check out that little statue now I can just float over most of the obvious traps..."

For now, Burned floats right... Air-meditating and working on increasing his MP pool while waiting for the others to join in with him.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:53 am

Splits keeps reading, using some of his magic to fuel the speed and comprehension of his reading.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:44 pm

"Anyways, if we're all about quite done... I'm heading off to the right- Once you guys are ready to beat up a ghost, join me, alright?"
"We should probably make sure we have some way to actually fight it, first."
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:11 am

Finds follows Burned.

If he has some time left over, he tries to craft an armour piece he still needs (I see he got a shiny chainmail, that's probably in the body slot, Woollen trousers, most likely on legs, Snakeskull bracer, most likely arms, but he doesn't seem to be wearing any of it...), I guess a helmet/cap out of the pieces of snowbeast hide. Goal is to make it add defense to his stats, and to have as many magic slots in there as possible.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:07 pm

think we're just waiting on an action from theis...

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:59 am

Wakes transfer some chaotic energy from the water into his arrows and grumbles about the axe being broken.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:03 am

"I mean, we already know magic will do the trick, we'll just have to be a bit inventive on how to use it. That said..." Burned says, slinking into meditation regardless... But with a different purpose this time- Already full up on mp, he instead reaches out to a good, no, his very best friend.

"Hey, sup mr. Rock. I tried asking this earlier, but I guess it's kinda hard to talk unless I focus properly, eh? So... That was an awesome explosion thing you did a bit back there- Think you could pull off a few similar tricks if we go up against that ghost fella over there..?"

(Changing my action to just this if required, if it was not obvious. :))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 379

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Turn 379

"Hahaha! Suuuuck it! It's not wings, but I'll take it!"

"...Wait, I can still go down right? This is not some way to prevent me from taking another sip, right?" Burned says, trying to float down and up, seeing just how much control he has over the ability.

"Don't worry though, little Delvers, I had quite enough. You know what they say- Third time is the charm! Although I've been relatively lucky the first two times, so another sip is probably what it'll take for me to explode or something."

"But it might not just be that, you know? You're so much smaller than us- That's a lot of magic over a little space compared to us, so my theory is that any effects the well will have on us is just slightly less dramatic..!"

"Also, cool, I changed color again... Wait, is that what triggered it? Me saying cool? Can I change colors like a cameleon?! Red! Purple! Pink! Rainbow! Tuttifruti! Invisible! Infrared! Hot!" he says, experimenting for a bit.

"Hmm, I should also go check out that little statue now I can just float over most of the obvious traps..."

"I mean, we already know magic will do the trick, we'll just have to be a bit inventive on how to use it. That said..."

Burned float-meditates to recover 1MP then attempts to float around a bit, but with nothing to push against and no other form of propulsion, he is completely unsuccessful. He changes colour to light grey, then attempts to talk to Mr Rock while the other two floaty creatures come by for a look.

"Hey, sup mr. Rock. I tried asking this earlier, but I guess it's kinda hard to talk unless I focus properly, eh? So... That was an awesome explosion thing you did a bit back there- Think you could pull off a few similar tricks if we go up against that ghost fella over there..?"

Burned imagines that Mr. Rock is probably pleased that his awesomeness has been appropriately recognised, and gets the impression that he would be willing to do it again but only when he feels like it.

Tugs climbs out of the pool and successfully channels some of its chaos into his harpoon. He's not sure what he's done exactly, but it's probably great and absolutely nothing terrible will come of it.

Wakes grumbles about the axe being broken but manages to transfer some of the pool's energy into his four magic arrows, replacing the light magic that was already in them. He's not completely sure what he's done either, but he figures he'll find out soon enough.

Belief decides it's time to be brave and sticks his arm inside the tree. He recovers a fairly large velvet bag, tied closed with a soft gold ribbon. It seems to be empty.

Eaten books it to the pool room just in time to disapprove of his companions' reckless behaviour.

Splits keeps on reading. His magic doesn't help him read faster, but it does help, him understand the material better. He'll be done with this chapter after one more turn.

The delvers are poking their heads out of their holes, apparently amazed by the lack of terrible consequences suffered by the goblin trio. There is quite a lot of pointing and murmering.

What do you think the King will say?
He can't let them leave! They're too lucky!
Maybe they were brought here to bring US luck?
But what if they're using it all up? We should force them to go now!

Finds follows Burned nowhere, so decides to start working on a snowbeast helmet. It's tricky to get the shape cut right, but he makes reasonable enough progress.It will probably take another couple of turns to finish though.

----------------------------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Finds continues working on the snowbeast helmet, unless Burned actually goes somewhere and needs help, in which case Finds will tag along and offer his assistence.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:12 pm

"..."

"..."

"..."

"So, I'm gonna need one of you to tie a rope around me and carry me around like a balloon."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:51 pm

"Does... Anybody even have any rope?"
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Belief calls out to his Chief "If we gave you armour you weren't wearing when you took a drink, would the weight of the armour weigh you down? Maybe your current equipment is as weightless as you, but other items may not be."

He examines his velvet bag, testing it by putting the lump of rusty metal in.

If he has any time after that, he will channel some of the pool's magic into a slot of his ring.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:44 pm

Splits keeps reading.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:53 am

Wakes will reach up to Burned the broken shaft of the axe (assuming it's not broken into small pieces) even jump if he has to in order for Burned being able to grab hold of it.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Seeing his Chief floating in the air, Eaten shakes his head and walks over to help. Unfortunately, when he jumps to grab Burned's foot, he misses and stumbles forward - falling headfirst into the cause of their current problems, the cursed pool.

~Well...shit.~

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 380

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Turn 380

"..."

"..."

"..."

"So, I'm gonna need one of you to tie a rope around me and carry me around like a balloon."

"Does... Anybody even have any rope?"
"If we gave you armour you weren't wearing when you took a drink, would the weight of the armour weigh you down? Maybe your current equipment is as weightless as you, but other items may not be."

Wakes offers Burned the handle of the broken axe. Assuming he accepts the offer, this should work perfectly well to move him around.

Belief pops the lump of rusty metal inside his new bag. It vanishes inside the bag, which itself appears unchanged. The bag doesn't get heavier or change shape in any particular way. Hmmm... Leaving that alone for now, he then channels some of the pool magic into his ring.

Splits finishes reading the chapter on water magic. He will now get a bonus on any spells that require manipulating water. He has also learned that if he uses 2MP, he can target two elements at the same time. This chapter focuses on combining water with other elements (like water + fire = steam), but it could presumably work with any pairings.

Eaten hurries to help his chief, slips on a wet rock and plunges into the pool as the delvers flee back into their homes again.

~Well...shit.~

Eaten face-plants into the pool and comes up for air. Coughing and spluttering a bit, he surfaces and is surprised to find a small, gold ring in his hand. He has found a Magical Ring.

Finds decides to continue making his hat while everyone else wonders what to do with their floating chief. He makes good progress and should be finished up next turn.

-------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.