Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 191)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Turn 191

"What, honestly? Only reason you'd want to get your sword upgraded is to get an even better one? Well, sure. Though if that's the case, may I ask what your payment was going to be? Or did you already pay way back? If so any idea where they took it? Now, I'm going to need the best mage to operate that machine! If I'm correct in assuming what'll it do it's going to be necessary! Check the forge for fuel... Actually, I'll do that... Pretty fire... But, anyways, mate... The ultima sword, really? You realize that's not the most powerful sword of all, right?"

Burned yells half a conversation to Destyn, but the teleporty-door has closed and there's no way he can hear. He then checks out the forge, and finds that someone has laid out a neat coal fire all ready to be lit, but there's no lighter.

Tugs attempts to climb up the flat of the blade to reach the chests, but it's really slippery, and even with Finds' help he doesn't quite make it and slips back down! Damn!

Splits investigates the thing on the left. It looks like an old weapons rack, and the crank rotates the 'shelves'. There are a couple of really rusty looking swords in it just now, but they don't look like much.

Lurks watches.

The others are investigating the classroom. Travels checks out the books on the table and finds they are tomes about potion-brewing. One appears to be largely about offensive potions (poisons and explosives and the like) and the other appears to be about restoratives. The third book appears to be a private journal and is heavily stained with... stuff.

Shell sits down in a manly fashion and begins to read like the manly man he is. The book on magical theory unfortunately appears to be quite a basic book and doesn't tell him much he doesn't already know. It's mostly about meditation techniques and how the power of individual spells can be boosted by using certain metal or 'colourful' items or by combining your powers with others to achieve your goal.

Questions enters the room and starting smelling the bottles. The oozing one smells of lemons and burning and something else he can't quite identify.

Eaten opens the next chest and finds a Silver Wand! Shiny! He knocks the green fuzzy thing on the floor where it lands with a squeak.

--------------------------------------------

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Travels grabs the offensive potions book before heading over an opening the third chest...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:17 pm

question check the drawer below the book self if not checked
if not he goes to smell and taste the other bottles

then he look for stuff others haven't looked at yet
Last edited by askstoomuch on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Not easily deterred by failure (At least, not after the first time), Tugs stands up, dusts himself off, repositions the sword to be as horizontal as possible while still on the shelf, and makes another go for the chests.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:08 am

FindsTruth will again assist Tugs in his sword climbing endeavor.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:29 am

Burned is going to investigate the machine more closely, seeing if somebody is required to climb it to test his hypotethis.

He's not actually going to climb in just yet though. Instead he's going to open the door and repeat what he just said.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:51 am

Still waiting on a bunch of actions.

Also, please vote for Shell's actions if you want him to do anything other than study the library books. Otherwise I'll have him on auto-read for the next wee while until BeanDip comes back since that appears to have been her intentions for him.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:32 am

Eaten waves the shiny wand around, pointing it at the wall, to see what happens. Assuming nothing does, he puts it away, then kneels down and pokes the fuzzy thing with his finger.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:27 am

Lurks will assist Finds and Tugs.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 192)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Turn 192

Travels grabs How to brew Poisons, Corrosives and Explosives and pops it into his inventory. It appears to be rather singed around the edges, but is hopefully still readable.

Eaten waves the wand around. Nothing happens, but he notices that it has 4 magic slots in it. They're all empty, but that could definitely be useful! He pokes the little green thing, which giggles a high-pitched giggle and splits into two identical copies.

Shell picks up another book and settles down to study it. This one is about goblin ancestry and appears to be a looooooong list of births, deaths and pairings within the clan along with a short note beside those who gained various honours while they were alive. At a rough count, it looks like there used to be over 1000 goblins living in the mountain at one time. The book is only about half filled and he gets the impression that it was intended to hold a lot more names.

Since the drawers were already checked, Questions smells the other two bottles. The pink one smells pleasantly of flowers, and the blue one smells very strongly of old cheese. It makes his head swim.

In the smithy, Lurks gives Tugs a leg-up while Finds steadies the sword. It's an easier climb now and Tugs manages to clamber up to the chests!

Burned checks the back of the machine and finds that there indeed space inside for a goblin-sized operator.

Splits spaces out.

-------------------------------------------

Reminder to please vote for Shell's actions for the next little while. I'll have him continue to read those books unless you intervene, but if there's a particular order you want, or if you want to study one more thoroughly then please just vote.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:12 pm

(Damnit Thinks, I will convince the giant whatever it is! )

Burned opens the door to go back outside, speaking to the giant... Whatever, since he's apparently not hearing him.

"Hey, sorry mate, I wasn't aware you couldn't hear me while I was talking in there... What I wanted to say before the door shut, honestly? Only reason you'd want to get your sword upgraded is to get an even better one? Well, sure. Though if that's the case, may I ask what your payment was going to be? Or did you already pay way back? If so any idea where they took it?"

"Also, I just checked the recipy book in there... You're aware that this ultima sword you're speaking off isn't the best sword available, right?"

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:59 pm

questions puts a cork on the yellow bottle and takes it with him, along with the others
and heads to the first room which he believes is undiscoverd

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:01 pm

questions puts a cork on the yellow bottle and takes it with him, along with the others
and heads to the first room which he believes is undiscoverd

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Travels will go open the last chest...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Tugs opens the top chest and peers inside.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:24 am

"....hello?"

If the green things don't answer, Eaten pokes one again.

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:37 pm

"Anything good in there?" Splits tries to follow Tugs up the sword to look in one of the other boxes.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Lurks will keep the sword steady as Split climb up.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 193)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Turn 193

"Hey, sorry mate, I wasn't aware you couldn't hear me while I was talking in there... What I wanted to say before the door shut, honestly? Only reason you'd want to get your sword upgraded is to get an even better one? Well, sure. Though if that's the case, may I ask what your payment was going to be? Or did you already pay way back? If so any idea where they took it? Also, I just checked the recipy book in there... You're aware that this ultima sword you're speaking off isn't the best sword available, right?

...Oh."

Burned steps out of the armoury and interrupts something that looks suspiciously like a kidnapping...

Splits slips and slides a bit on his way up the sword but manages to reach the shelf with Tugs.

Tugs opens the top box and finds that it is packed full of pieces of metal ready for use in the forge. Most of it looks pretty rusty, like it was probably iron, but there are a few lumps of something that might be copper and then a couple of shiny, silvery pieces of metal too.

"...hello?"

Eaten attempts to talk to the little green things. They giggle again and pop into two. Now there are four.

Questions finds a spare stopper and stops up the bottle with yellow stuff in it. He manages to do it without getting any on him which is probably a good thing... He acquires a Yellow Potion.

Shell switches to another book. This one describes a technique that weavers can use to create illusions by manipulating the light and shadows around them. It's pretty complicated though and will probably require some time to study it fully.

Travels opens the third chest and finds another set of Colourful Robes.
-----------------------------------------

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Shell continues to study dutifully.
► Show Spoiler
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:10 pm

Tugsattempts to shift around the chests to open a lower one. slides down from the shelf he tried to hard to reach and goes to help Burned with the fighting.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Dlover on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:38 am

FindsTruth will rush outside and assist the Chief in any plan to stop the Kidnapping, including attacking the Minions.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:35 pm

"...Hey, I totally forgot bout that one guy... So... Sup?"

"HEY GUYS WE'RE HAVING A PARTY!"
Burned yells- In vain hopes that somewhere through the mountain rock, they can hear his shouting- As he introduces one of the guys to his spear- Unless they give no sign of hostility or wish to speak, which seems doubtful given the circumstances.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:40 pm

since his lst turn was only half done, question continues his tale
to grab the 2 other bottles too and go to the first room

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 194)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Turn 194

Shell continues studying the fine art of manipulating light. It's very interesting! Another turn of reading and he should be ready to try it for real.

The small green things multiply again.

"...Hey, I totally forgot bout that one guy... So... Sup? "HEY GUYS WE'RE HAVING A PARTY!"

Out in the hall, Burned yells to his companions (forgetting they're all linked by goblin ESP anyway) and stabs one of the minions with his spear! Tugs and Finds appear too and join in the 'battle'. After a few seconds, three minions are dead and the fourth flees to the east, carefully leaping over the tripwire on its way!

Questions leaves the classroom* with the other two potions.

Everyone else spaces out.

-----------------------------------------------------

*Asks - I don't know what you meant by the '1st room' so you're here.