Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 167)

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:37 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:45 am

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:48 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:57 am

"Well...That was interesting... Splits, I will trade you one ore more of these fine Bone weapons for that Stoneskin Trousers and Pants? What do you say?" FindsTruth asks, moving up to the Chief after the trade and taking out the Axe to use himself with his Snakeskull Bracelet. "Also, I have plenty of other weapons for people...Although I don't have a bow...Unless someone has a long, supple stick I could use to make it."
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:12 am

Still waiting on a few posts. If you guys want to add more actions, I'll be updating tonight in about 4 hours or so.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:23 am

Eaten starts to build his tower of bones, as he waits for the mountain to wake up.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 168)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Turn 168

"Wait are you guys seriously going to go on this quest when you guy don't even have decent equipment? I mean I see you guys look capable but maybe you guys should follow me back to my Clan place. "They might help you on quest by at least giving you some better equipment then what you have now."
"While I'd love to go back with you to your village, I'm pretty sure I heard a giant, angry yeti from that direction. So... Hey! Wake up sleepyhead!"

"OH! YOU CAME BACK! ARE YOU READY TO GO INSIDE NOW?"

"Well as much as i would love to go on a dangerous adventure my Clan come first so sadly I must go back to report my findings and compete my task." " I don't have much but I can give you some mushrooms."
"More mushrooms?! The chief is already obsessed with them for some reason, why do so many show up? Are the mushrooms in this area magical and actively seeking out somebody to eat them? I don't think it's a good idea to eat the magic mushrooms."
"Mushrooms?! Man, you're a good guy if you carry around... Hey, don't you have any yellow ones? Those are the best ones. Come on Tugs, you saw it for yourself- If you eat the yellow mushrooms, you summon fairies to help you with your magic! Anyways, you could go back... But as I just said, I'm pretty sure I heard an giant angry yeti. It probably isn't safe. If you have to leave though- Safe travels."
"Well...That was interesting... Splits, I will trade you one ore more of these fine Bone weapons for that Stoneskin Trousers and Pants? What do you say? Also, I have plenty of other weapons for people...Although I don't have a bow...Unless someone has a long, supple stick I could use to make it."

"DON'T WORRY. I'LL JUST WAIT HERE. NO RUSH. I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE."

The goblins mostly head left to the rockface.

Splits gives Finds a snowbeast-skin shirt and a pair of woolen trousers, which warm him up nicely just as he's starting to feel a bit chilly. None of it has been enchanted, so there's no defensive benefit, but he can probably figure that out easily enough. Finds wants to equip the bracer and the axe, but since the axe is two-handed the bracer is pretty much redundant.

Eaten gets bored and starts building a tower out of bones.

Lurks hands over some mushrooms to Burned.

Travels spaces out for another turn, and Questions just stays put.
---------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:55 pm

questions joins the rest

I need to stop reading the updates and then forgettting to post
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:10 pm

If the door opens up, Tugs will head in. Otherwise he just keeps a hold of the rug.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:22 pm

"Just wanted to make sure everyone was here. Still think we got a few stragglers... But we'll have to make do."

"Yes. It's time. Break the seal- We are as ready as ever to enter."

"Hey, is there going to be any cool visuals or is a door just going to magically appear?"

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:15 am

FindsTruth will attempt to enchant his Shirt with Stone Skin using the nearby Cliffside, trying to use a part that won't come tumbling down in his face.

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Splits waits until Finds is ready to go so he doesn't drop the skin again.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:50 pm

"Well then since you guys are leaving I hope for the best that you complete your quest and I do hope we meet again" said Lurks as he wave to the goblins as they get ready to leave.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:15 am

No way your not grass his hand and draggs him to the cave opening
Your the only one with decent weapons we need you, besides were cape buddies
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Travels finally wakes up from the dream he was having...

It involved humans trying to type silly things into metal and glass boxes that would then not actually work in what they were trying to do...

Travels decides to go catch up with the others...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 169)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Turn 169

"Just wanted to make sure everyone was here. Still think we got a few stragglers... But we'll have to make do. Yes. It's time. Break the seal- We are as ready as ever to enter. Hey, is there going to be any cool visuals or is a door just going to magically appear?"

'COOL VISUALS'? DO YOU THINK THIS IS SOME SORT OF GAME? THE FATE OF THE MORTAL REALM HANGS IN THE BALANCE! NOW SHOOSH, THIS IS COMPLICATED.. where did I leave that key... AH! HERE WE ARE. WELCOME HOME LITTLE GOBLINS! AND GOOD LUCK! TRY NOT TO CAUSE THE END OF THE WORLD!

Questions and Travels join the others in front of the gatekeeper.

With a rush of air and a brilliant 'CRACK', the goblins feel something shatter in the air in front of them. A familiar emblem appears on the cliff-face in front of them, and there is silence.

"Well then since you guys are leaving I hope for the best that you complete your quest and I do hope we meet again"
"No way your not. Your the only one with decent weapons we need you, besides were cape buddies"

Before Questions can cajole Lurks too much, the silence is broken by an ancient laugh...

"Hah! Hah! Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa! Yes! You actually did it! You broke the seal! I can feel the magic returning... It's... ooh! It's intoxicating! And my powers! They are returning too! Hahahahahaha! It is only a matter of time before I escape this cage too you understand? I would suggest you flee now! Otherwise I promise I will make your deaths VERY painful indeed! Yours and every other goblinoid ever to reside in these lands. You will pay for confining me here! I will destroy all of you!"

----------------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER ONE

-----------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (END OF CHAPTER ONE)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:12 pm

► Show Spoiler
"Let's go." Burned says, attempting to open the door- Using his amulet if necessary.

"...And hey, we did get cool visuals at the least."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Eaten packs up his impressive bone tower and prepares for a magical journey.
Also, he ignores to voice. Because as creepy and disembodied as it is, it doesn't scare him - nothing does, now that he's faced down Mr Fluffikins and survived.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:42 pm

"Is it just me, or was there something to that voice that made it sound childish? I mean, what sort of mature villain actually puts on a show like that. And I would expect something so powerful to not make redundant statements like suggesting we flee and threatening us if we don't, then saying we're all going to pay anyway. I just don't think something that is truly dangerous would have such a poor grasp on logic."
Tugs
is just hangin' out.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:14 am

"Well, at least it's progress." Splits follows the others, provided the door opens and he doesn't leave the skin behind again.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:18 am

Did I enchant my pants?

FindsTruth will follow his chief into the dungeon, wishing they had used more time to prepare...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:04 am

No, but you did enchant your shirt :)

Sorry I forgot that action - it's added to your inventory now.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 170)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:04 am

Turn 170

Burned steps up to the doorway and places his hand on the seal. It shimmers briefly under his palm and then disappears, leaving behind a dark, slightly shimmery gateway.

"Let's go."
"Is it just me, or was there something to that voice that made it sound childish? I mean, what sort of mature villain actually puts on a show like that. And I would expect something so powerful to not make redundant statements like suggesting we flee and threatening us if we don't, then saying we're all going to pay anyway. I just don't think something that is truly dangerous would have such a poor grasp on logic."

Burned steps bravely into the unknown, followed by Eaten (who probably wanted to go), Shell (who's in automatic follow-the-Chief mode unless you guys vote) and Finds. Splits really wanted to go too, but he wanted the bearskin more and since Tugs decided HE'D rather comment on the logic of a centuries-old shut-in than go adventuring this turn, they all stay outside. Everyone else is evidently too stunned at the prospect of having an actual adventure to move.

Burned &co. step into the doorway and find themselves transported to a rather impressive entrance hall.

----------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Splits enters the doorway, pushing Tugs along with the bear skin if need be. "Less talk, more walk. Let's go."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:41 pm

"Wait- Wait wait wait... Where's the way back?! No! There's so much stuff I still wanted to do! Like collecting that one single berry that was hanging dangerously from the cliff!"

"...Ah whatever- I'm sure there'll be a way out. Somewhere. But for now- Let's continue."
Burned says, heading deeper into the mountain halls.