Memories

Home to all current Forum Games.
John
Converses Frequently

Re: Memories

Post by John » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:34 am

Pick up the creepy thing you threw, and throw it at the fruit to try and knock them down.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:56 am

Climb the tree and put your hand inside the hole in it.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:13 am

Try very hard not to get eaten today. Or tomorrow either.

mnem
Farts are not lumpy.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Inspect some of the other stuff in there- Were those darts?

Arles
Game Master
UStream Username: sir_arles

Post by Arles » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Ok, the weird hallucination is over... whatever it was.
Time to focus in more immediate things. Now, you COULD go back and grab the green egg-thing with a messed up face that was in the bag, but: 1-You are not sure you want to eat an egg with a face. 2-It's spooky as hell and you'd rather not carry that with you, just in case. 3- (maybe the most important) It's lost in be bushes and it would take some time to find out where it is now. You weren't even looking the way you threw it...
So, let's forget about that thing, put the leather bag on and keep going.

Jimmy is safe in the bag (as safe as a dead cricket can be, anyway), and you are alone again with the naked corpse.
You are pretty sure you'll feel better if you just look the other way and concentrate in some other thing rather than the bare butt of who you think might have been your friend or something...
Yeah, let's check out that whole in the tree! Whatever makes you look away...

It looks pretty much like a regular tree hole, though it's pretty big. You could almost fit your whole arm in there!
But it seems to be empy, so nothing interest-- "WOAH!"
You back off as a pair of eyes seem to flash from within... you could try to stick your hand inside, but better leave it alone just for now...
You did notice some fruits above before, so why not try to put some down and eat them? You sure could use the extra energy.

Up you go!
Well, maybe not. It turns out you suck at climbing. If you had memory you are sure you could have known this before trying to climb the tree, at least saving you the embarrassment.
In any case, you are pretty sure goblins don't live in trees anyway, so you don't feel TOO ashamed about the fact that you can't climb even a tiny short tree...
With a sigh, you realize you'll have to find some other way to lower the fruits.

Currently you have Jimmy, the badly written pamphlet, a pair of darts and two wooden statues covered in blood...

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Equip the damn pouch, for the 3rd time. Then head left. If you see a path or running water follow it.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Touch the bloody wood carvings already!

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Eww. (But okay, then can we walk somewhere?)
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 pm

Neveeeer! ...okay sure.

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 am

Try to find a stream and follow it. Once at the stream, maybe wash that blood off your bag?
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:05 am

Close the bag up tightly so nothing falls out. Undo one end of the shoulder strap to make the greatest length possible, then swing the bag in a circular motion (like you would a slingshot) to knock down the fruit.

DON'T let go of the bag like you would to launch a slingshot.

Try and catch the fruit before it squashes on the ground.

Sit and eat fruit in the shade, and hope whomever lives inside it doesn't think you were trying to have sex with their tree.

mnem
More smack-talking, please.

Arles
Game Master

Post by Arles » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:08 am

ThroughTheWell wrote:Equip the damn pouch, for the 3rd time.
The bag is equipped, don't worry.
You just put it on the floor to be able to climb better... which didn't quite work anyway.
The final panel just shows what's in it.

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:42 am

Chuck a dart to A) Test your dart throwing skills (may be needed later) and B) Try to skewer a fruit, hopefully it'll fall
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

Ziprath
Likes to Contribute
UStream Username: Ziprath

Post by Ziprath » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Throw a dart at the thing in the hole.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Before deciding to throw it into the hole, test throwing skill on fruit.

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:37 pm

How dare that thing in the hole freak you out with glowing red eyes! Throw a dart at it and show it who's boss!"
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:18 am

Inspect darts before throwing them at fruit. Make sure they aren't POISON, etc.

Arles
Game Master

Post by Arles » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:43 pm

You grab the only two darts you own and decide it's time to test your abilities.
You don't have much faith in the experiment, since you have no idea how to throw a dart in the first place, but you won't know how bad you really are until you try.
So, you look for some place to try your luck and spot the hole in the tree. You are positive you saw something in there, so you might as well try to see if you can dispatch an enemy at the same time you finally find out if you can throw these things or not.

You grab the dart as you think it'd be best to do so, gather up strength and prepare to throw it towards the tree!
You actually feel pretty good doing this, and before you know it you notice how your feet stabilize on the floor, you lower you center of gravity and start a twisting motion that begins in your feet, goes up your knees, hips and torso and finally ends in the tip of your fingers!

"Ha... haha!"
Bullseye!
The shot was great! And you felt like a pro while doing it! You are not pretty sure how you did it though, and your head hurts a little... But hey, great success!!!

You are almost sure! You've done this in the past. Many times! You don't really remember, but your body does.
Now, to be perfectly sure, you'd need to perform a very precise shot. After all, lucky breaks couldn't happen twice in row, right?
It's time to catch some fruit.

Swooooooooosh!

Yessir! You gather your loot without problems! You have a fruit and you have recovered the last dart you threw.
There's no doubt in your aching mind now: You are some kind of Badasss Handsome Dart-Throwing Goblin!

Now, you could try to retrieve the other dart, catch more fruit, just leave this place and the naked butt behind... or who knows, maybe some other thing altogether!

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Try to get the other dart and more fruit with your new awesome ability, then head north.

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Woo muscle memory! I say, inspect the hole again, hopefully whatever was inside is dead. If so, retrieve that dart, and spear a few more fruit to stock up. Then inspect the (hopefully) dead critter in the hole, it could be useful somehow. Then leave the area.
(Also, consider name might be Throws Darts)
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Taste the fruit. If it's edible, get more fruits.

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Hey wait, are those FOOTPRINTS leading away from the body?! Retrieve dart and follow them!

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am

Definitely retrieve the dart and the thing you've probably killed from the hole in the tree and then, as Zigit said (great catch!), follow the footprints.

Also - eat the fruit
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

Arles
Game Master

Post by Arles » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:31 pm

You stick your hand in the hole, eager to find the results of your handsome dart-throwing technique.
You shuffle your hand a little bit in there until you touch something soft and fluffy. That's it!

Welp, it's some kind of odd Tree-Rabbit or something... do that animal even exist? Whatever, THIS particular rabbit lived in a tree. No need to argue with that.
You put it inside your bag. You feel a little bit like a dick: the rabbit IS kind of cute, and you DID kill it for no reason, since you have enough fruit to eat for a few days now...
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway...

You keep proving your status as the head of the food chain in these particular woods and "hunt" the rest of the fruits, after eating the one you caught earlier. It proved to be very tasty: hopefully you won't die from food poisoning.
You have 4 fruits now, though they are too big to carry in the bag...
You are now ready to get the hell out of this place and look for answers. You could really use some water too: you are getting kind of thirsty.
You take a final look at the dead guy and...
HEY!

Are those footprints!
Yeah...
Yes they are! Those are totally footprints! You are not sure what kind of being would leave a mark like that, but you are sure: this is not some random blood formation.
You are ready to extend your arm and take a closer look at it when...
"OUCH!"

After throwing so many darts, your arm wound has opened quite a bit! It burns a lot and is starting to bleed again!
You won't be able to shoot any more darts for a couple of hours at least. Even more if you don't take care of the open wound!
Maybe you should've listened to the little voice telling you not to be a moron and take care of it before doing any other stuff...
Anyway, no time to linger on the past. You do have some food, a dead tree-rabbit and finally a clue, after all.
Last edited by Arles on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Cut arm off, wield arm as a weapon, follow footprints.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik