The Dungeon of Horror! Round 43

Home to all current Forum Games.
Jacior
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: The Dungeon of Horror! Round 38

Post by Jacior » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:31 pm

((Apologies. My finals are coming up and I haven't been online for very long. Blergh.))

Brick grins. "That's my job, Lurk. Making sure that goblins of lesser fortitude live." He looks at the ground for a second. "That was an awkward sentence." He shrugs and joins the others in the assault on the blue cube. He also readies himself to take another hit, though he wasn't exactly sure how jello attacked.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: The Dungeon of Horror! Round 39

Post by LAYF » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:11 pm

ROUND 39
Feeling the rush of victory, the goblins turn to face a new thread! Scoldfinger picks up some gold, a bow and some arrows, Trapper also picks up some coins, Scoldfinger then drains trapper for some energy, that he uses to heal Win, then the cube approaches, before Scoldfinger can react, the other have attacked the beast, it is destroyed, but not before it can attack Trapper, Brick tries to jump in front of the attack, but he miss judges the attack and it still hits Trapper.

INFORMATION
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:41 am

"Here is your energy back, Trapper, in a form you might prefer." Scoldfinger jokes while he heals Trapper.
Since nobody picked up the other items, Scoldfinger collects both gold piles and hands the copper scroll of class to Brick "Hey Brick, you should use this, it is really helpful. We already found one for each of us, but use it wisely, you can only use it once."

"Lurks, can I have some energy from you to heal Brick? I really need a magic circle now, did anybody spot a closer one or do I have to run back to the one we found before?"
Scoldinger asks and walks to F19. When Lurks agrees, Scoldfinger drains one EP from him.

OOC: Please tell him that there is a door with a cube behind and another magic circle. I need to get there to regain some energy, but he did not see it cause he was elsewhere when you opened the door I think.
Also gamecreator allowed me to take energy from Lurks as long as I leave him 1 emergency EP, so I guess it is ok I take one to use on Brick next turn.
:zzz:

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:32 am

"Sure, you can have it. Also there was a door earlier, which had a frost cube and a magic circle behind it. I offer we all go there."
If at least two people agree, Lurk will go to F12F19 (which everyone can reach without running), open the door for them to attack and attack the cube himself.
Last edited by gamecreator on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:55 am

Win, after hearing lurk report having seen another frost ooze, advances to F19. After arriving he will put his knife on his belt and equip his sword only (So when i say attack, it is only with my sword). "Avast ooze, prepare to be boarded" He shouts through the door. <---(win thinks he is a pirate captain now)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:02 am

gamecreator wrote:"Sure, you can have it. Also there was a door earlier, which had a frost cube and a magic circle behind it. I offer we all go there."
If at least two people agree, Lurk will go to F12 (which everyone can reach without running), open the door for them to attack and attack the cube himself.
I think you mean F19, right?

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 am

Yes, a typo. Thanks.

Starswords
Of Few Words

Post by Starswords » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:24 am

"Oh sweet gelatin I hope you are ready!" Trapper will move to f19 and Search the hall

Jacior
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Jacior » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Brick looks at the scroll he's handed. "I really don't know what to pick! Anyone care to make a suggestion?" He says this as he follows the others around to whatever they were going to fight now. It was tough to be a defender of the people. He prepares himself to take a hit for their chief, jsut in case...

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: The Dungeon of Horror! Round 40

Post by LAYF » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:53 pm

ROUND 40
Scoldfinger, wanting to regain his energy, asks if there are any magic spots nearby, and is told where to find one, he heads in that direction, but not before healing Trapper, taking the last gold, handing Brick the copper scroll and Draining lurk for one energy.

Lurk moves to the door alongside Win, Brick and trapper, and Lurk opens it, ready to attack.
All five goblins feels the cold as the door swings open, and the Ooze strikes for Lurk, but it misses.
The four battle ready Goblins on the other hand, do not miss, and instantly kills the beast in an overpowering attack.

INFORMATION

Damn... 3 Criticals... pore little splatty Ooze...
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Win will move to h18 and pick up the potion on the floor.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:52 am

"Well done, guys!" praises the group. Then he moves to H18 to recharge his energy. Before he recharges, he heals the most hurt person in range (Order: Bricks-Trapper-Lurks). Since we has to move before healing, he will use invisible hand if necessary, since he will be recharged to full EP anyway, so spending 1 or 2 on healing does not matter.

He will spend 12 of his 13 XP for: 3 more EP & 1 HP.

OOC: Bricks best 2 options (depending on if Devine protection works with his defender ability):
-Devine protection - By using a point of divine protection when casting protection spell, the character can have the spells maximum effect. (Regained at magic spots)
-Rage - By using a rage point, the character can make one attack in close combat with +1d6 damage. (Regained at magic spots)
-unblockable attack- By using one unblockable attack point, the character may ignore all non natural DEF of a target. (Regained at magic spots)
Last edited by Nerre on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:21 am

Lurk goes to H18 and raises his HP by 2.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:37 am

thanks, I think i was wrong because of the special stats being 4 x target value. :D

Starswords
Of Few Words

Post by Starswords » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Trapper will move to F15 and pick up the blue dust

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:25 am

I am on holidays for this weekend, only half there for monday and on holidays again for thuesday+wednesday. So don't wonder if I won't respond. Just put me on a non-suicide automode, fighting what the others fight, collecting some loot which could make sense, recharging. :)

Since I already posted for this turn, this starts only with turn 41.

Jacior
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Jacior » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Brick heads towards the magic spot on H18 and learns the RAGE special stat. He then uses the magic spot to add 1 HP and 1 EP to himself.

((Spend 6 EXP to gain 1 HP and 1 EP))

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: The Dungeon of Horror! Round 41

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:28 am

ROUND 41
Win moves down and pick up the Haste potion.

Trapper moves over and picks up the cold dust left by one of the oozes... its.. weird to the touch... like a liquefied dust, yet, it donÔÇÖt break apart... it feels like it is cold enough to freeze Trapper in his current position, yet, nothing happens to him, not even pain from the cold.... this thing needs to be identified....

Scoldfinger, Brick and Lurk moves down to the weird magic spot, Scoldfinger heals Brick, and then all tries to use the spot... and luckily, it is a magic spot. This spot has six big lines, each time the goblins use the spot, one of the lines halfÔÇÖs... but when they are done, one line regains its original length...

INFORMATION
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:21 am

"Better to leave that spot to rechagre. Where do you think we should go next?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:29 am

Win will move to H18, not having the chance to use the magic spot. "I will be careful not to use it all" He will then spend 9 xp points to raise his DEF to 5 from 2. He will also spend 6 xp points to raise his ATT to 5 from 3. Win will begin the long march back to the other magic spot at B10.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:35 am

► Show Spoiler

Starswords
Of Few Words

Post by Starswords » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:54 am

"Ah collection duty, least it pays well!" Trapper moves to D13 and gathers the coins

Jacior
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Jacior » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:17 am

Brick heads up to the door that he had passed earlier on F18, coming to terms with the now seething rage that seemed to lurk just below his concious mind. "Thats... a weird feeling." He tries to open the door, seeing if it would.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:18 am

"I think we now should take the path which Maybe did show us with the red line. It starts at C11, we should get back to there." Scoldfinger suggets. He sees Bricks is still hurt, so he follows him to F18.

If Bricks is attacked by anything undead, Scoldfinger will use a heal spell to attack it and drain it at the same time.
If it is another cube or an unknown monster, he will drain it and heal Bricks.
If nothing attacks, he will only heal Bricks.

OCC: If Trapper shows the cold dust to Scoldfinger when the meet again, I could maybe try to identify it like I did with the scrolls.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:05 am

Lurk goes and picks the door on F18 if it is locked.