Re: MotBM (OOC)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:08 pm

Name: Ah'sereen
Race: Air Genasi (+1 DEX, +2 CON)
Class: Lv6 Rogue (Inquisitive)

Description
► Show Spoiler
STR: 8 ¦ Save -1+1=0 ¦ Athletics -1+1=0
DEX: 18 ¦ Save +7+1=8 ¦ Acrobatics + 7+1=8, Sleight of Hand +7+1=8, Stealth +10+1=11
CON: 12 ¦ Save +1+1=2
INT: 12 ¦ Save +4+1=5 ¦ Arcana/History/Investigation/Nature /Religion +1+1=2
WIS: 14 ¦ Save +2+1=3 ¦ Insight +8+1=9, Perception + 8+1=9, Animal Handling/Medicine/Survival +2+1=3
CHA: 13 ¦ Save +1+1=2 ¦ Deception +4+1=5, Intimidation /Performance/Persuasion +1+1=2

HP: 39/39Hp
AC: 13 (10 + 3 DEX)
Speed: 30ft

Languages: Common, Primordial, Thieves' Cant
Armour Proficiencies: Light
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Weapons, Hand Crossbows, Longswords, Rapiers, Shortswords
Tool Proficiencies: Disguise Kit +3, Forgery Kit +3, Thieves' Tools + 10
Carrying Capacity: 120lbs

Racial Abilities/Skills:
- Unending Breath. You can hold your breath indefinitely while youÔÇÖre not incapacitated.
- Mingle with the Wind. You can cast the levitate spell once with this trait, requiring no material components, and you regain the ability to cast it this way when you finish a long rest. Constitution is your spellcasting ability for this spell.

Feats and Features:

False Identity: You have created a second identity that includes documentation, established acquaintances, and
disguises that allow you to assume that persona. Additionally, you can forge documents including official papers and personal letters, as long as you have seen an example of the kind of document or the handwriting you are trying to copy.

Expertise: Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses the chosen proficiencies. (Insight, Perception, Stealth, Thieves' Tools)

Sneak Attack: You know how to strike subtly and exploit a foeÔÇÖs distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 3d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The
attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You donÔÇÖt need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isnÔÇÖt incapacitated, and you donÔÇÖt have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Cunning Action: You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Ear for Deceit: When making a Wisdom (Insight) check to determine whether a creature is lying, treat a roll of 7 or lower on the d20 as an 8.

Eye for Detail: You can use a bonus action to make a Wisdom (Perception) check to spot a hidden creature or object, or to make an Intelligence (Investigation) check to uncover or decipher clues.

Insightful Fighting: You can decipher an opponent's tactics and develop a counter to them. As a bonus action, you can make an Insight check against a creature you can see that isn't incapacitated, contested by the target's Deception check. If you succeed, you can use your sneak attack against that target even if you don't have advantage on the attack roll, but not if you have disadvantage on it.
This benefit lasts for 1 minute or until you successfully use this feature against a different target.

Uncanny Dodge: Starting at 5th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attackÔÇÖs damage against you.

Equipment:
- Rapier
- Shortbow (20 arrows)
- Quiver
- Dagger (2)
- Burglar's Pack: 1000 ball bearings, 10 ft string, a bell, 5 candles, crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, a hooded lantern, 2 flasks of oil, 5 days rations, a tinderbox, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
- Thieves' tools
- Disguise Kit
- Forgery Kit
- Healer's Kit (10 uses)
- Magnifying Glass
- Caltrops, 5
- Grappling Hook
- Antitoxin
- Signet ring of a fake duke
- Set of fine clothes
- belt pouch with 92 gp

- Studded Leather Armor (45 gp)
- Luckstone (300gp)
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Thanks for checking each other's stuff as we go :) I'm a little short on time through the day now we're back to work, but I'll try and check over your sheets a bit in the evenings.

If anyone else wants to buy an uncommon magic item, feel free to request one and we'll cost it up.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:15 pm

Name: Aura (Formerly known as Mathilde Brex)
Race: Air Genasi
Class: Lv6 Cleric (Life), worshipping Ilmater

Description
► Show Spoiler
STR: 13 ¦ Save +1 ¦ Athletics +1
DEX: 14 ¦ Save +2 ¦ Stealth/Acrobatics/Sleight of Hand +2
CON: 16 ¦ Save +3
INT: 8 ¦ Save -1 ¦ Religion +2, Arcana/Investigation/History/Nature -1
WIS: 16 ¦ Save +6 ¦ Medicine/Insight +6, Perception/Animal Handling/Survival +3
CHA: 10 ¦ Save +3 ¦ Persuasion +3, Performance/Intimidation/Deception +0

HP: 51/51
AC: 18 (14 + 2 DEX +2 shield)
Speed: 30ft

Languages: Common, Aurun, Elfish
Armour Proficiencies: All
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons
Tool Proficiencies: /
Carrying Capacity: 195lbs

Racial Abilities/Skills:
-Can hold breath indefinitely
-Can cast levitate once per long rest.

Feats:
/

Spells:
► Show Spoiler
Equipment:
► Show Spoiler
(Alright, I wanted to at least get this up so far... I still have to look at what kind of shit I could buy, and actually write up a small backstory, but at least I think the rest is in order... I'll edit this later then remove this I guess.)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Hey, I am just dying to ask: What does MotBM stand for? If you can't or don't want to reveal it, that's alright (though I am curious), but I couldn't just NOT ask. o:)

Apologies, if it is plain to read somewhere and I overlooked it. :oops:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:06 pm

It's the name of the module that thinks is running us through.
thinkslogically wrote:Anyway, one of them is called the Maze of the Blue Medusa and is basically a mega dungeon with a whole ton of weird, terrible stuff in it (and has a lovely map).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Art would have bought a Cloak of Protection somewhere along the line if possible.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:01 pm

NotStickFigures wrote:Art would have bought a Cloak of Protection somewhere along the line if possible.
How much gold do you have left after buying your other gear?

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:23 pm

It's quite a bit, as a fighter gets two martial weapons free, and the hand axes, he would only have to upgrade from chain to splintmail, 125gp, and then buy the small shield, most everything else would be in dungeoneers kit I believer, so....630 minus 125 and 10 for shield would leave....495. I think I'm doing this correctly. And then if he had any left over he'd buy two days rations for his pack and one potion of healing if he had any money left over after the cloak. I will have to go back to sheet and make sure I have the free equipment from start up exactly correct, but fighters get quite a bit of free weaponry choices right off the bat!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:34 pm

ok, go for it. The cloak will also cost 300 GP.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:48 am

So I'm looking for what I could end up getting concerning items... I'm using this resource for anyone else that might find it useful: https://www.dndbeyond.com/magic-items?f ... ter-type=0

And going under the assumption that every uncommon item will cost 300 gold, and rare items will probably be too expensive for us. :P How much would you average an common item to be? Right now I think I'm going to be rather boring though, and say my armour is simply made of adamantine? (Maybe this?) Along with supplies, probably.

(Or I could buy two uncommon items and roleplay it off as saying that obviously all my other possessions were still at my room and I obviously didn't bring them with me. :shifty: )

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:59 am

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:05 am

I'm mostly just sad that according to these rules, it'd cost me 50 000 gold at least to buy one bottle of universal solvent. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:21 am

Well that just makes sense - Universal Solvent is very powerful :roll:

Also, I've just realised a couple of things;
1) I can buy a barrel, fill it with water, and keep it in my Bag. It'll weigh 390lbs (taking up all the space I have left), but provide enough water to last me 40 days - which, based on what Thinks is saying, might end up being extremely useful.
2) Both you and Spider's characters, being Air Gensai, can survive indefinitely without air. And you can both fit inside my Bag...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:36 am

Given that we're probably about to be pulled into a magic painting world, it would probably be like poison to everything in there... Right? :P

I don't think you need to worry SUPER much about water, though. Like, obviously, do worry about it to an extent, but create water is a spell I'll have access to. If necessary I can probably always arrange enough to survive if given no other choice... I think it's mostly food we'll have to worry about.

If you're really worried about it, there's also an wondrous uncommon item that can be used to create an infinite amount of water. It can also be used as an impromptu water cannon that can knock over people and deal light damage. I'll be honest, I almost considered taking it because of just that. :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:44 am

Actually, just realized I'll have access to even better: Create food and water is a third level spell, which cast once should be enough to allow us to survive for one day. So, barring that Thinks plans on throwing a wrench in that plan... :shifty:

Obviously it'd be better to survive through other means so I won't need to waste a spell slot every time, but still.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:49 am

Yeah, fair enough. Didn't realise you'd be getting those spells. And I was mainly joking about the barrel - Warryn is paranoid, but not to the level that he'd keep a full 400lb barrel of water in his bag "just in case". Two weeks of backup rations though? Totally within the realm of possibility for him :roll:

The fact you only have three 3rd level spell slots is probably enough to balance it - that's one fewer Dispel Magic or Mass Healing Word per day. Honestly, it's a pity we don't have a Druid. One Goodberry spell would solve all of our problems completely for just a single 1st Level spell slot!

Anyway, I'm more excited about the possibility of stuffing you guys in my Bag to fetch stuff for me hide you from enemies. Yep :paranoia:

(And I also considered the endless water bottle :lol: )

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 am

Well, I suppose it's a bit more sacrifice than just giving up a spell slot, since I'd also need to prepare it each day and hence use up one of my preparation slots as well... Not ideal, but a way to survive if no others are given.

Yeah, the horn sounds like more fun than it should be. I can guarantee you that if I ever end up creating a 5th edition campaign, the militia will have some carts equipped with those. :roll:

Also how would we even fit through the opening of the ba- Oh, right, magic.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:24 am

The opening is 2ft wide, so it would be a bit of a squeeze. Still manageable though. And the interior is only 4x4x4ft though, so you'd need to squat to fit completely inside.... :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:40 am

:lol: these are the plans I was hoping to see!

A common item will cost 100gp, but I am restricting you guys to one magic item (of either common or uncommon rarity) each. I think given that you're all level 6, adding 10 more magic items to the mix is probably somewhat OP given there's stuff inside the maze too.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:45 am

Is an upgrade to adamantine armor technically magic, though? :P

But yeah, like I said, I think I'm just going to pick that, and start looking at what kind of other equipment she would be carrying at the time...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:26 am

Sounds good. I'd say it's equivalent to a (un)common magical item in terms of how it functions - it's not always going to be useful, but when it is, it'll save your ass.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Just a heads up. Internet in our region is fritzing in and out. Wasn't able to log on last night. Still having issues even here at work.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:32 am

_: 5D6+10 = [3, 6, 4, 2, 3]+10 = 28

28+8= 36 for HP. Moderately squishy. Sorry it took me this long to post this.

Dain Torunn ÔÇö Level 6 Hill Dwarf Wizard (Divination school) Age: 80
► Show Spoiler
Ability scores: STR: 11 (+0) DEX: 12 (+1) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 17 (+3) WIS: 9 (-1) CHA: 10 (+0)
Saving throws: STR: +0 DEX: +1 CON: +2 INT: +6 WIS: +2 CHA: +0
Initiative: +1 Speed: 25 Passive perception: 9 Size: Medium Proficiency bonus: +3 Gender: Male
Hit points: 36 (d6+2)
Armor: None
AC: 11
Melee weapons:
Warhammer (+3 to hit) 1d8(1d10)+0 bludgeoning damage
5 Daggers (+4 to hit) 1d4+1 piercing damage
Ranged weapons:
5 Daggers (+4 to hit) 1d4+1 piercing damage Range: 20/60

Proficient skills:
Arcana +6,
History +6
Medicine +2
Religion +6

Non-proficient skills: Acrobatics +1
Animal Handling -1
Athletics +0
Deception +0
Insight -1
Intimidation +0
Investigation +3
Nature +3
Perception -1
Perform +0
Persuasion +0
Sleight of Hand +1
Stealth +1
Survival -1

Languages: Common, Dwarvish, Halfling, Giant

Other proficiencies: Smith's tools

Racial Traits: Darkvision, Dwarven Resilience, Stonecunning, Dwarven toughness
Abilities: Spellcasting, Arcane Recovery, Arcane Tradition (Divination school), Divination Savant, Portent, Expert Divination, Ability Score Improvement (4th level +1 Constitution, +1 Intelligence)

Equipment:
Warhammer +1
dagger (5)
Bulleye lantern
silk rope (100')
Healer's kit
Wand
Spell book
Smith's tools
Backpack
Alchemist's fire (2)
10 days rations
water skin
3 sacks
tinderbox
oil flask (5)
10 torches

Magic Items: WarHammer +1

Money: 51 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp.

Background: Sage (Scribe)
Personality: IÔÇÖm willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment.
I've read every book in the worldÔÇÖs greatest libraries ..or I like to boast that I have.
Ideal: No Limits. Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence. (Chaotic)
Bond: I sold my soul for knowledge. I hope to do great deeds and win it back.
Flaw: I am easily distracted by the promise of information.

Spellbook: Ice knife, Find Familiar, Detect magic, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Ray of Sickness, Shield, Thunderwave, Blur, Darkness, Hold Person, Shatter, Lightning Bolt, Slow, Stinking Cloud, Vampiric Touch

Current spells: Detect Magic, Mage Armor, Shield, Ice knife, Blur, Hold Person, Shatter, Lightning, Stinking Cloud

Cantrips: Blade Ward, Chill Touch, Ray of frost, Poison Spray

Spell slots: 4 first level, 3 second level, 3 third level Spell save DC: 14 Spell Attack Modifier: +6 Can prepare 9 spells
Familiar: Cat

Thinks, I'll need a little help on the spells. I don't have access to the books right now.

Edited 1/7/18 to remove extra potions.
Edited to change Spells and add Warhammer +1.
Last edited by Lurks_In_Shadows on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:05 am

Got around to doing my backstory, as well as fill in my equipment... Added two bottles of "fine wine" for 4 gold as well- Let me know if you think it should be more/less Thinks. Do I need to get a component pouch as a cleric, for all the spells who have a minor material component too? Cause if so I do need to add that as well.

Also I just noticed... So we got two dwarves, one gnome, and then two air genasi? That's... Certainly a group layout. :lol:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:21 am

M0rtimer wrote:Do I need to get a component pouch as a cleric, for all the spells who have a minor material component too? Cause if so I do need to add that as well.
Arcane Foci, Druidic Foci, and Holy Symbols can be used to replace the material components for spells. As a cleric you've got a Holy Symbol, so as long as you're wearing that somewhere visible when you're casting you don't need to worry about the material components.

(Note: that's only for the ones that don't have a gold value. If there's a cost listed, you need to buy the actual component; e.g. Chromatic Orb needs a 50gp diamond. And if it's consumed on cost as well then you need to keep buying them every time you cast it.)