MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:39 am

Warryns_SOLO_ADVENTURE
"Of course Master Wybrow, just a few more minutes. What would you like me to do with the food and drink?"

"And forgive my ignorance, but finishing what, exactly? The Mistress neglected to tell me much of today's activities. She was very busy at the time, you understand. Why, I don't even know how many guests there are!"
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6733
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:23 am

"Before we each leave our separate ways, can you answer me one more question. From where are you and the three Sisters from? From another far land? From another plane or something else exotic?"

Since she seems a bit more talkative now that she is unshackled he hopes for one more straight answer.

And, he positions himself next to the doorway before it gets unlocked by shackle pulling.
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:17 am

She looks confused at Art's question as he was away from her to the door.

"You don't know? ...By the Three, can it have been so long?"

To Aura, she gives her a pitying smile.

"You are a good soul but so naive... no, I did not think you would let me leave. No-one else ever has."

And with that, she touches the painting and appears in the moonlit room. Anyone watching sees her immediately turn the painting to face the wall, and the portal vanishes.

Aura pulls on the chains and the group hears a "click" from the door. Nothing else happens.

----------------

Warryn
The peacock huff and ruffles it's metal feathers.

"Its only the most anticipated wedding in a century! A lucky young couple are getting married by nine other than Chancellor Sophronia Wort herself if you can believe that!

...Actually, it seems that someone's coming now."

As Warryn watches, two strange golden apparitions glide into the room from the east. They swirl like fragments of gold leaf being blown in an autumn wind, with strange, humanoid faces glaring out. They spot you and screech in anger.

I'll take an initiative roll please :)
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11659
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 am

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6733
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby M0rtimer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:30 am

"..."

"Shit."
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10565
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: MotBM

Postby NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 am

"So, Warryn was smart enough to go through the painting before. He's probably home already, laughing at us."

Art sighs.
"She sounded like she was talking about people and things that happened SO long ago, do you think time runs weird here, wherever we are?"

He makes sure the others are ready and then he will open the door.
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 am

Warryn
Initiative: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

With a screech that sounds like tearing metal, the Aurun specters dive at Warryn, reaching out to him with razor-claws of pure gold.

Each one grabs at him and he feels them try to force their way into his mind...

((Make 2x DC13 CHA saves please))
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11659
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 am

"Told you we couldn't trust her."
He turns to Art. "I remember a tale of 3 queens of those names, but...it was thousands of years ago. It's possible time is different here." He gives an evil chuckle. "If that's the case, our little con artist is in for a very rude surprise. I just wish I could watch, now that she's screwed us over."
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 am

Warryn
Warryn does not like having his mind prodded and manages to resist the spectral touch. The creatures screech their terrible, grating scream, but there's nothing they can do.

Warryn's turn
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11659
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby M0rtimer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:49 am

"But... Why? It doesn't make any sense! Is it because she wants us to save those three sisters..? I was planning on that regardless! What point is there to trying to save the others when we won't be able to get out!"

Aura huffs, and none the less tries to see if it's possible to leave, albeit not expecting much.

"...Well, no reason to panic. Moonlight will still be here tomorrow- We can explore a bit for now, and for tomorrow I shall prepare a sending spell... I can contact someone outside to make sure the painting will be back in moonlight once more."

"Wait before you open that door let me use Augury to determine what the outcome would do"

Honestly I should have done that with releasing the lady. Why do I always remember these things AFTER they happened?
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10565
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:52 am

((give me a specific question that you'd like to ask the augury sticks and I'll get you an answer.))
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11659
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 am

Dain gives a wicked grin. "That'll work... provided that a couple of decades haven't gone by on the outside already."
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: MotBM

Postby M0rtimer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:58 am

((Nah, I put it in spoilers for a reason- I don't think right now would be an optimal time to do it... Let's just enter and probably die against whatever lady is in there. :roll:

Besides, Augury is pointless right now... Given that even if it says "bad things are in there", we don't really have any other choice at this point do we? :lol:))

Aura raises an eyebrow. "And suddenly time would have started moving faster in here? It sounds like something you shouldn't be happy about, at least. Let's just hope, shall we? And figure out what kind of mess we walked in, exactly..."
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10565
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 am

Main Party
Art tries the door and is immediately vaporised and finds it unlocked, opening into a rather large hallway, criss-crossed by shadows. Walking deliberately back and forth through the bands of shadow stalks a woman with midnight blue skin and a pair of reptilian wings sprouted from her shoulder blades. She appears to be lost in thought and is talking to herself.

"...it would be a shame, wouldn't it? To burn it all and leave nothing behind."
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11659
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 am

Warryns_SOLO_ADVENTURE
Fighting off the ghostly claws, Warryn turns back towards the door and....vanishes, in a puff of silvery mist. Reappearing over by the door to the pillar room, he darts through, scooping up Erik as he goes. And, as soon as he's out of view, he mutters some more arcane words and casts Invisibility - both him and Erik fading out of vision.

- Misty Step [bonus action] [30ft range]
- Invisibility [action] [1hr duration, concentration]

((The wording of Invisibility states that everything I'm carrying also becomes invisible. If that doesn't include Erik, let me know and I can have him hide behind a pillar or something. Also, Nondetection makes me immune to See Invisibility or True Seeing. Just in case these ghostly fucks have access to something like that :roll: ))
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6733
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:35 am

Warryn
Warryn nopes out, teleporting to the pillar room and becoming entirely invisible and undetectable. ((Erik is also invisible for as long as he's on your person.))

The spectres are confused as the disappearance of their prey and howl angrily in frustration. They can't seem to find him.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11659
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am

Spoiler: show
Dain takes a peek through the door. Can he readily identify the species of the dark blue woman?
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote:
Spoiler: show
Dain takes a peek through the door. Can he readily identify the species of the dark blue woman?


She looks reptilian from here.

Give me a nature check.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11659
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:49 am

Warryns_SOLO_ADVENTURE
As the spectres search the pillars, Warryn creeps back through the doorway into the peacock's room. Silently glaring daggers at Wybrow for his inaction, he approaches the door to the west and attempts to open it without attracting any attention.
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6733
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:01 am

Warryn
I'll take a stealth check with advantage please. You're invisible, but moving around could still be noisy...
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11659
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby Dusk9 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:05 am

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 6733
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Postby NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:25 am

Spoiler: show
When you say deliberately walking between the shadows, is she making it a point to stay only in the shadowy or light areas?
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

Re: MotBM

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am

Nature: 1d20+3 = [18] = 21 ((Well, a useful roll for once.))
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: MotBM

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am

((No, she's ignoring the shadows; she's just walking in a deliberate manner. She has poise and a certain elegance that gives the impression that she doesnt do anything by accident. That's what I meant :) )).

Dain
Its tricky to see through the shadows, but you would guess she has draconic ancestry of some form. True dragons don't tend to keep their reptilian features when they take humanoid form, so you'd guess she is some kind of half breed or mongrel.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11659
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Postby NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 am

(well, Art is not going to be able to sneak by her...so he is introducing himself)

'Hello there. I really hope you let me get out of here before you burn anything down. And can I ask you a few questions? Oh, my name is Art."
He will step into the doorway.
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Indulges in Conversation
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: M0rtimer, Theis2 and 6 guests