Doors and Shadows OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Doors and Shadows OOC Thread

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Eh, the problem is that in these freeform periods time sort of doesn't align well between anyone's posts. But eh...unless the DM throws a fit about it...the dice have been kind to allow Fal to escape with whatever damage thrown objects cause...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:22 pm

For sure, I was just posting what I'd like to try and what I'm trying to avoid. I figure that it's all just hopes and dreams until the DM weighs in anyway :)

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Honestly, I was all on board with the idea that Ty was trying his spell with noone getting hurt, but I rolled with it.

Lets just not roll damage until I say so in the future, just in case. :)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:20 pm

I thought Fal's badge was for the secret organization she was working for on behalf of the Protector and her Order...but I'm not sure if she recalls them or if it is the same symbol

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:26 pm

She has her own badge that you previously described among her personal effects. She would probably recognize it. She has all her memories leading up to her cumulation as a level 1 adventurer.

On their uniforms and packs, if you were paying close attention to everyones descriptions, you may have noticed that there is a second mysterious insignia that appears. This second sigil is that of a gauntleted fist clutching a lightning bolt, the image of which instils some conflicting emotions in Tyson.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:39 pm

The only badge Ty is aware of is the gauntlet and fist. He's seen the badge on Max's uniform and on all the packs in the crate he just found and, since he has weird ideas about uniforms right now, he's assuming that you must all have the same badges as Max.

Nothing else has been described to Ty, so he wouldn't know about it :)

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:32 am

BadgeAddict: The cliffs are something like 10 yds away from the body of wreckage everyone is hanging out at, as you described yourself as heading inland. Also, if you hadn't noticed, which is easy to miss, Typhos found Scat's pack of equipment.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 am

Scat will get around to it. getting out of the bright burning ball is first priority...he may wind up just wearing a bag on his head.

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:07 am

I sketched up a basic map of the area, just to make things a bit more clear.

You guys are mostly at the big chunk of ship in the middle, which is pretty large honestly.

*Image not entirely to scale, but you get the idea.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm not completely sure what water genasis are supposed to look like (google says they're all buff and blue, but that doesn't help for a guy with 7 STR), but this is my take on Ty (which may go to demonstrate why he doesn't find Fal attractive). I also spent most of last Friday putting together a presentation about our deep-sea fish collection, and it may have rubbed off a little more than usual...
► Show Spoiler

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:14 am

Did you do a google image search? There's a pretty good variety of water genasi art to show what they typically look like.

And just to throw it out there, at 16 CHA, I'm having a hard time picturing Ty as a deep-sea fish. I mean, I'm one of the first people who will ever say that charisma and beauty aren't necessarily linked, but...

Deep sea fish are pretty fugly, no joke.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:18 am

Yeah, I didn't like them so much, but I appreciate that Ty now looks a bit monstrous. It's fine - it doesn't have to be canon if it doesn't fit what genasi are meant to look like in this world :) mostly I just like doodling new characters.

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:27 am

Naw, it's fine. Genasi though, are supposed to be hybrids between mortals and truly planar entities, and tend to lean more heavily towards the mortal side. (Similar to Aasimar and Tieflings.) I think it's a nice touch to include deep sea fish elements, and making him more monstrous nicely plays up his part as an outsider. He probably shouldn't be TOO alien looking though, and the uglier he is the more I'm expecting you to play up his charm and force of personality.

I may also have a distorted view of exactly what he's supposed to look like, given what I know of deep sea fish. :lol:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:36 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:05 am

► Show Spoiler

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:09 am

Haha, that's pretty cool spider.

Oh, and sorry about knocking you out, bad combination there.

Looks good Burns. The age... sounds about right. Isn't their life span like... half that of humans? I should look it up.

Remember nds me of Nacho Libre a bit. :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:54 am

Ty is going to end up leaning on intimidation as his charisma trait I suspect :) but I will do my best to be charming too!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:00 am

I am trying to keep Fal like someone who's grown up in a fighting officer's mess (She is supposed to be a warrior Monk after all)...She can put on the charm when needed, but when in strained situations more of her bluff side comes through.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:07 am

I'm not sure what scat is, or what he'll become. :D

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:14 am

Spider, your alligator wasn't loading for me before but it is now. That is probably the most Florida thing I've ever seen :lol:

EDIT: A barrel full of drugged wine seems exceptionally suspicious. I'm thinking there's something going on with this ship involving smuggling, slavers or kindnap...

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:48 pm

I should probably have asked this before, but will I be allowed to take the Circle of the Shepherd (revised version) at 2nd level?

I'm stuck between that and the Land (Forest or Grassland) Circle, but definitely leaning more towards Shepherd. Mainly because summoning a pack of buffed-up Wolves (or Velociraptors!) sounds hilarious :lol:

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:02 pm

► Show Spoiler
Yea, I see no problem with trying it out. A lot of what I'm trying here is experimental anyways. :3

Draco Ex Machina
Of Few Words

Post by Draco Ex Machina » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Oh, and in case it hasn't been clear, Fenex awoke near the top corner of the beach to the north side, the motion that people have been seeing is to the west, near the trail.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:13 am

Note: Because I have a hell of a lot of knowledge beyond my character I'm making some rolls right now to determine her basic levels of knowledge is some general areas applicable to right now...
Wrecks: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17
Hazards to Navigation: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:59 pm

Draco, are you waiting on something from us to start combat?