Questopia v2 | Tick 1

Home to all current Forum Games.
maidiance
Mumbles Incoherently

Questopia v2 | Tick 1

Post by maidiance » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:57 am

Questopia
Inn-keeping at its finest! Welcome to my first game here :grin:

Through fortune, fate, or gumption, you've come into the inn-keeping business. Adventurers are plenty, but running an inn is no walk in the park! Luckily, you know a thing or two already, and have some decent advice to help you get started. Quests will be your main interaction - better quests mean better adventurers will come; which of course means more money for you and your inn. Beware, however, as brawls and thievery are easy ways to lose reputation, and can mean your inn will become decrepit.

Starting resources:
10 gold coins (1 gold coin is worth 10 silver coins, 1 silver coin is worth 10 copper coins.)
1 dinky inn (lvl 1 building, can hold 5 patrons overnight)
5 basic resources (player chosen)
1 free [Lvl 1] upgrade
Please have a spoiler in your post with your current resources (gold, materials, quests, etc.)

Resources:
Can be used to upgrade your inn in a variety of ways.
Stone, mostly good for increasing the number of rooms your inn holds.
Wood, useful for gambling tables, stables, and generally bring in more adventurers.
Hide, gives your inn more reputation.
Foodstuffs, upgrades food/drink. (Used to improve income)

Income: (Level)d6 + reputation = number of silver coins at Tick.

Upgrades: An inn levels up by spending gold equal to the next level times five. A level 2 inn would thus require 10 gold, but it is *highly* recommended to use your starting gold on quests instead of upgrading right away.
[Requirement] Name: Description
[Lvl 1] Resourceful: You know a friend of a friend of a friend and get discounts; +1 resource every Tick.
[Lvl 1] Secure: Through placement or force of personality, your inn is more secure; 25% less brawls happen here.
[Lvl 2] Boisterous: Maybe it's the music, but more patrons seem to visit; +1 bonus patron every Tick.
[Lvl 2] Notorious: Well known by adventurers, you attract more quest-takers; +25% extra chance for a quest to be taken.
[Lvl 3] Locked and barred: Now you're safe from thieves; no more thieves for your inn, ever!
[Lvl 3] Renown: Reputation of your inn has spread far and wide; income is increased by 150%!
More to come!

To stake your claim and start, all you have to do is go here and post:
1) Pick a name for your inn. Something short and nice like Never Empty Mug.
2) Choose your 5 resources. Choose an upgrade for your inn.
3) Post quests for adventurers. Remember that you'll probably need to part with some of your gold for the reward, but quests are a great way to draw in adventurers. A building can only have as many quests as its level plus one, so your starting inn can have two quests up at a time. Each quest should be formatted as such: [Reward] Requirements (short description/additions optional)

Example quest:
[5 silver] Slay a beast and return with its hide (Wouldn't a less drafty inn be a better inn; help out your local Never Empty Mug today!)

Good luck and I hope you have fun :mrgreen:

maidiance
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: Questopia v2 | Tick 1

Post by maidiance » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:58 am

Inns
► Show Spoiler
Tick Tracker
Next Tick at: Monday Sept 11th
[1] Game began! :confetti:
Last edited by maidiance on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maidiance
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by maidiance » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:47 am

[Tick 1]
Dlover overhears:
"Boars, I'd rather eat something less tough."

M0rtimer overhears:
"I always wanted to try to slay a dragon!"

Thinks overhears:
"The Quarry? Ugh, that place is always skulking with spiders, but the reward is very good."

Gathers overhears:
"A fighting pit! What a great idea!"

BadgeAddict overhears:
"I bet I could take down a golem for that!"

Theis2 overhears:
"Exotic.. what an odd requirement. Still, I do like to travel."
Last edited by maidiance on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:20 am

Actually, nix both of those quests. I get income each tick according to inn level, right? And you only need gold to level up the inn, right?

So I'm going to upgrade to level 2 immediately (picking this upgrade: [Lvl 2] Boisterous: Maybe it's the music, but more patrons seem to visit; +1 bonus patron every Tick.), then I'll get Income: 2d6 silver coins at Tick. (I was kind of surprised that this isn't related to # of patrons, but hey, not gonna look the gift horse in the mouth)

I can put up quests next turn, when I have those silver coins. (and possibly have learned a few rumors from the patrons who came here for the food, drinks and beds/music) >:D┬┤

Edit: I'd also like to use the hides to up the rep and the stone to build another room.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:31 pm

I'd like to use two hides to up my reputation and two stone to build a new room. I'd also like to change the boar hunting quest to...

[5 silver] Hunt me some meat: People are being picky about good meat, so just catch edible things. And don't think I'm going to pay out for one measly rabbit. (Still repeatable)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Ok, can I use my hides to build reputation and the wood to build a couple of gaming tables and a stable?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:49 am

"Well, that one enthusiastic adventurer is prolly going to die..."

Using 2 furs to improve reputation by one, and 2 stone to build an additional room. Can I do anything with 1 wood?
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:05 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:33 am

I'll spend my hides and foodstuff to upgrade my inn. Also does tick 1 not count towards the extra resource from resourceful, or have I misunderstood how the upgrade works? :)
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:29 am

I'll upgrade my inn with all of my stone.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:22 pm

bump?
► Show Spoiler